AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who or What got you into anime?

Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2014 06:26 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Who or What got you into anime?

Sailor Moon where shown on summer mornings one summer when I was young.

How I must have looked like every morning back then:

and then came Pokemon on the mornings...
    and then some years later Yu-Gi-Oh! ...

Oh yes, good times, good times.

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie
    Season five of Game of Thrones
    New episodes of Downton Abbey

Junior Member JinxTheNeko is on a distinguished road JinxTheNeko's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-23-2013 04:43 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

My father.
    My very first anime was a movie.. Which i'm still trying to find the name of... Arg. Something like Red vs. Blue? >.<'
    Then Sailor Moon.. I looove Sailor Moon.

Senior Member Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Bleach Kon
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2014 03:56 AM
    Threads

Kuroshitsuji (black butler) got me into anime. It is the first anime I watched, then I became a big fan of anime and I start watching it.

UnExpected....

Member Naota-Kun85 is on a distinguished road Naota-Kun85's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2013 08:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: gorechild86 Steam ID: Naota-Kun85

This happened to me a few weeks ago. I had seen Akira years ago but was fairly unaware that there were anime that were just as awesome. One of my friends from high school moved back to town and wanted to hang out for the weekend. We spent the entire weekend watching anime 1 series and 3 movies over 3 days and now I've gone broke buying the stuff lol.

Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Kawaiislice Aria Neko Pluto Garnet Orb
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2023 10:19 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kagxme4988 PSN ID: KagomeMiko

Quote Originally Posted by Naota-Kun85 View Post
    This happened to me a few weeks ago. I had seen Akira years ago but was fairly unaware that there were anime that were just as awesome. One of my friends from high school moved back to town and wanted to hang out for the weekend. We spent the entire weekend watching anime 1 series and 3 movies over 3 days and now I've gone broke buying the stuff lol.
    Haha. x3 WELCOME to the awesome dark side! Cookies, tacos and nachos for all freshly born Otaku.

And-a complimentary first box of pocky as well as ichigo daifuku to get you started on the true road to being a fan. ;D
    Last edited by Kagome; 05-12-2013 at 08:28 PM.
    How'd You Like That On Your Lawn?!
    "I may be empty, but I'm not worthless!"

...Clear...

Cannibal Countess ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Heart Pocky
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2016 06:26 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChibiLovett Steam ID: ChibiLovett

While I was obsessed with Pokemon, Digimon, and, to a lesser extent, Yu-Gi-Oh when I was little (I used to watch Sailor Moon with my friend too.), I didn't even know the word anime yet or even think they were any different than regular cartoons. Once I hit 5th grade I started watching InuYasha and, as they came out, Blood+, Bleach, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Trinity Blood on Adult Swim. I still never ventured outside of those series or did anything beyond casually watching them whenever they were on, though, beyond maybe looking up AMVs or pictures once in a while like I would do with anything I liked.

What really got me was in 7th grade when a friend of mine finally convinced me to watch Naruto on Cartoon Network. It was Gaara and Lee's fight during the Chuunin exams and I started watching it more and more and it snowballed from there into a gigantic ball of otaku geekiness that stretches as far as it possibly can on my budget, homemade cosplays and annually attended the nearest con included.
    She has no shadows, and she radiates beauty.

Slender body, and two eyes like ebony.

Her spirit's golden, and her mind's a mystery.

Junior Member coolkidrox123 is on a distinguished road coolkidrox123's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-15-2013 02:47 AM
    Threads

my passion for manga started one day when i was bored in a library, waiting for my sisters to finish their after school activities 'cause back then (lol that was only 2 years or so ago ^^) i like an hour and a half away from school so when one person had to stay at school the rest have to too... so i was in the library and i couldn't bother reading so i was just browsing the shelves when i came upon a book that looked interesting... ii chose it cause the girl on the front looked pretty ^_^ , i flipped through and saw how cool the 'comic' looked and i begun reading it... this manga happened to be kimi ni todoke ^^ and i was always excited to come to the library to read it every time!!! however there were only like less then 7 volumes :/ so i looked up manga online and saw also that there was such thing as anime.... and i think the first anime i ever watched was ouran high ^^ i got really into it and laughed constantly.......so i looked up more ^^ thats the story of my life :P

Junior Member tsuraiokami123 is on a distinguished road tsuraiokami123's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2013 09:41 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: miguelaliaga13105

For the longest time I avoided anime because I thought it was all perverted or would at least be frowned upon, but something kept drawing me to skim the anime that Netflix had, and I saw Spice and Wolf. At the end of the first episode I didn't know if I liked it, but next thing I knew I had marathoned the whole first season. After that I just started watching anime and never stopped. Later I realized two things
    1. I actually like all the perverted stuff anime sometimes has, like harem animes filled to the brim with fanservice
    2. I don't really actually care what people think of me.

9. Likes Kagome liked this post
    Member Mirrai will become famous soon enough Mirrai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-27-2014 01:14 PM
    Threads

The first anime I watched was Sailor Moon but I don't remember anything.
    Then I was really hooked with Digimon since they show the Original Japanese Openings and Endings but the show is dubbed in English.
    Everyday, I would be very eager to watch the whole series until I finished Digimon Adventures until Digimon Frontier.
    I felt really bad that time because they didn't show any Digimon shows anymore.
    A new channel was aired in my cable and it was "Animax" the first anime that I watched there was Saber Marionette J and I got hooked with that series as well.
    I watched several other animes after that. I started watching the missed episodes online as well.

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 12:50 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

*Gets sucked into computer suddenly and sent through a portal to the Digital World*

There. That should answer the question.
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Senior Member Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics's Avatar
    Gil
    Volatile
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2016 10:57 PM
    Threads

I was interested in anime when I would watch Dragon Ball as a kid, but it didn't hit full speed until Toonami (Trigun, Cyborg 009, Rurouni Kenshin, and so on). It spread into manga from there, and I've been collecting both ever since.
    I know violence isn't the answer. It's the question, and the answer is yes.

Kind boy/Nanobyte's minion Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Uranus Henshin Pen Pen Coffee
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2022 11:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Mystelinth

... Inazuma Eleven..... yes i know, wth right?

Senior Member darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Decepticons Leo AK47
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2014 04:00 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: darkwolf1911

i was walking around the dvd sexion of the library and i found a dvd title fruits basket. i checked it out becouse it had a wired name and that got me hooked on to anime
    live life to the fullest because you are not guarantied a tomorrow

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

It all started with Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z, Project A-ko and Little Nemo. I just got hooked and have been watching it since I was about 6

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Junior Member hatersgonnahatemeh is on a distinguished road hatersgonnahatemeh's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2013 11:45 PM
    Threads

Darker Than Black got me to anime!

Senior Member S o l o has a reputation beyond repute S o l o has a reputation beyond repute S o l o has a reputation beyond repute S o l o has a reputation beyond repute S o l o has a reputation beyond repute S o l o has a reputation beyond repute S o l o has a reputation beyond repute S o l o has a reputation beyond repute S o l o has a reputation beyond repute S o l o has a reputation beyond repute S o l o has a reputation beyond repute S o l o's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts 001 - Bulbasaur 004 - Charmander 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-16-2022 02:19 PM
    Threads

If I remember right, think it was some shows on adult swim(Android Kikaider, Trigun and FMA). Ah and these Seniors I met my freshman year in HS.
    I ♥ yuri

18. Likes helenprofy liked this post
    Junior Member BakuraFangirl28 is on a distinguished road BakuraFangirl28's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-06-2022 02:59 PM
    Threads

Idk, I just started watching Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh when I was really little and I wanted to watch more shows that looked like it, even though I didn't know that it was even called anime at the timeXD, so my dad guided me to some other shows that I might have liked like digimon, and my mom helped me get into sailor moon.

20. Likes helenprofy liked this post
    Senior Member Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Ice Flower Gabumon 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2024 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Takatofan1986

Found out years and years later I was actually started on anime in preschool and didn't realize it. In the 80s and early 90s (Early 90s for me) Nick Jr had several children's anime.

But For me, I watched Pokemon, my cousin forced me to watch Digimon (Which... soon he regretted because I knew more than him.) And then... for a while it was a slow progression. Digimon started having reruns on ABC Family, and in summer of 2002 they got Beyblade. Around the same time I randomly started watching Cowboy Bebop on Adult Swim. In the fall, Cartoon Network started airing Yu-Gi-Oh! Reruns (I didn't get the WB where I live). And in early 2003 I started watching the Yu Yu Hakusho reruns on CN. I think around then was when I could say for sure that anime was a thing I liked.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 06:36 PM
    Threads

I just love animation of all kinds, if it's done right.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

23. Likes helenprofy liked this post
    Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 08:08 PM
    Threads

Someone put a gun on me and forced me to watch. Then I noticed the stories were interesting.

Jarry Park, Montreal

Junior Member helenprofy is on a distinguished road helenprofy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2022 07:33 AM
    Threads

My little sister started watching anime and I joined her. She doesn't watch anymore and I'm an anime fan

---------- Post added at 07:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 AM ----------

Oh we also started with Pokemon

Senior Member Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2022 02:21 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

My friend from middle school is who influenced me to get into anime. We don’t talk anymore, but I still have many fond memories of watching Black Butler with her. XD

RWBY

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 06:36 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    Someone put a gun on me and forced me to watch. Then I noticed the stories were interesting.
    By "gun" do you means a Miyazaki movie or an episode of Pokemon?
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 08:08 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    By "gun" do you means a Miyazaki movie or an episode of Pokemon?
    It was one of these:

Jarry Park, Montreal

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information