AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Hero or Villain: Who is more important?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hero

2 14.29%
  • Villain

12 85.71%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Villain or hero: Who is more important?

Member DaBlueExorcist has a reputation beyond repute DaBlueExorcist has a reputation beyond repute DaBlueExorcist has a reputation beyond repute DaBlueExorcist has a reputation beyond repute DaBlueExorcist has a reputation beyond repute DaBlueExorcist has a reputation beyond repute DaBlueExorcist has a reputation beyond repute DaBlueExorcist has a reputation beyond repute DaBlueExorcist has a reputation beyond repute DaBlueExorcist has a reputation beyond repute DaBlueExorcist has a reputation beyond repute DaBlueExorcist's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Soras Keyblade Ouran Patch Camera Old 2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2013 10:36 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Villain or hero: Who is more important?

I think the Villains are actually a bit more important.

1.Without them there wouldn't be such a thing as a "hero" without an antagonist there's not really an protagonist and vice versa but...

2.Without the Villain there's not really a way for the hero to grow and become a better person

3.Conflict creates interest in people without someone creating a conflict most of the time the plot can get a bit boring

4.Villains can create a sense of hate or resentment towards that character which helps create an even stronger bond, hope, ect fpr the hero which helps you become for attached and involved into the plot
    Last edited by DaBlueExorcist; 03-30-2013 at 12:28 AM.

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DaBlueExorcist View Post
    I think the Villains are actually a bit more important.

1.Without them there wouldn't be such a thing as a "hero" without an antagonist there's not really an protagonist and vice versa but...

2.Without the Villain there's not really a way for the hero to grow and become a better person

3.Conflict creates interest in people without someone creating a conflict most of the time the plot can get a bit boring

4.Villains can create a sense of hate or resentment towards that character which helps create an even stronger bond, hope, ect fpr the hero which helps you become for attached and involved into the plot

What about slice of life animes? Most of those have no villians, but still are entertaining. Villian is an overused word IMO. Really, action animes are mostly the shows with villians. Alot of comedy and moe animes ignore the formula as well.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Senior Member GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Piano
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2018 07:35 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: tOSUguy2002

Quote Originally Posted by Kagome View Post
    Lol. Yes, he would, but then you wouldn't have Batman, and the show/comic/movie wouldn't exist to begin with. x3

I suppose that depends on how you look at it...In a lot of stories the "villians" wind up getting ganked-taken out-thrown in jail etc...because the "hero" is supposed to win, and be too important to be disposable. But-there are those stories that are the reverse...Where the hero dies, loses, goes away and the villian winds up winning-Which would be more important there? I'd still probably say both-but-its a food for thought question.
    Well I guess Id say which ever side rules the outcome of the story is more important but that also brings in the question what is the point of the story? Is there some moral about standing for what you believe even in the face of inevitable loss? a case like that the losing side is more important. I guess IMO the good guys are more important.

heres a question,

Star Wars (original saga) who is more important to the story, Luke or Vader? Is Vader a hero?

Member DaBlueExorcist has a reputation beyond repute DaBlueExorcist has a reputation beyond repute DaBlueExorcist has a reputation beyond repute DaBlueExorcist has a reputation beyond repute DaBlueExorcist has a reputation beyond repute DaBlueExorcist has a reputation beyond repute DaBlueExorcist has a reputation beyond repute DaBlueExorcist has a reputation beyond repute DaBlueExorcist has a reputation beyond repute DaBlueExorcist has a reputation beyond repute DaBlueExorcist has a reputation beyond repute DaBlueExorcist's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
    What about slice of life animes? Most of those have no villians, but still are entertaining. Villian is an overused word IMO. Really, action animes are mostly the shows with villians. Alot of comedy and moe animes ignore the formula as well.
    Well yeah I should of been more precise with what i meantXD like with every type of anime there's a different formula like with what you've said but I meant with action and anime plots that consist of villain / hero roles this is all just my opinion though obviously it'll be different for allot of people. And no doubt are slice of life, comedy, romance, horror animes and mangas amazing without a true villain but think about it this way. All people have a demon that they must face weather mentally, emotionally, physically in a way everyone kinda has a villain in their midst. I think what I'm trying to really get at is that allot of good mangas and animes are good because they hold a problem or issue that a person or thing must over comec and thrive from cheering them on and a villain in my sense is an issue or person/thing another person/thing must over come. (but of course allot of plot less animes and mangas are out there just creating a laugh or two to make joy in the watcher or reader and in fact they are most of the time in my opinion a good read or watch)

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well yeah I should of been more precise with what i meantXD like with every type of anime there's a different formula like with what you've said but I meant with action and anime plots that consist of villain / hero roles this is all just my opinion though obviously it'll be different for allot of people. And no doubt are slice of life, comedy, romance, horror animes and mangas amazing without a true villain but think about it this way. All people have a demon that they must face weather mentally, emotionally, physically in a way everyone kinda has a villain in their midst. I think what I'm trying to really get at is that allot of good mangas and animes are good because they hold a problem or issue that a person or thing must over comec and thrive from cheering them on and a villain in my sense is an issue or person/thing another person/thing must over come. (but of course allot of plot less animes and mangas are out there just creating a laugh or two to make joy in the watcher or reader and in fact they are most of the time in my opinion a good read or watch)
    Oh. I think I get your point now. You meant the action based ones?

Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
    Oh. I think I get your point now. You meant the action based ones?
    Yeahh. You can have a villain with no hero and it can still be interesting but, a hero with no villain can get a bit boring after a while.(in my opinion) In all honesty what is more "important" depends on what the person finds more reliable (and no this does not make me reliable on an evil person) it makes me reliable on tension , action, and something to conquer or overcome and thats important to me seeing as what can't make us better as people if we do not test our selves

Senior Member GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Piano
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2018 07:35 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: tOSUguy2002

Yeahh. You can have a villain with no hero and it can still be interesting but, a hero with no villain can get a bit boring after a while.(in my opinion) In all honesty what is more "important" depends on what the person finds more reliable (and no this does not make me reliable on an evil person) it makes me reliable on tension , action, and something to conquer or overcome and thats important to me seeing as what can't make us better as people if we do not test our selves
    Im curious about these anime that have only villains. Ive seen that mentioned a couple times now but I cant think of any that fit the bill.

Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark View Post
    Im curious about these anime that have only villains. Ive seen that mentioned a couple times now but I cant think of any that fit the bill.
    I can't say there really is an anime with only villains to be completely honest

Member deryogan has a brilliant future deryogan has a brilliant future deryogan has a brilliant future deryogan has a brilliant future deryogan has a brilliant future deryogan has a brilliant future deryogan has a brilliant future deryogan has a brilliant future deryogan has a brilliant future deryogan has a brilliant future deryogan has a brilliant future deryogan's Avatar
    Gil
    Where
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-27-2014 12:58 AM
    Threads

Then what about the Anti-hero type. They are the character of the story in which the audience feels sympathy to but they have traits similar to those "bad guys". This will just makes the question: Which is more important, the hero or the villain, more complex.

Example of anti-hero (CMIIW): Zuko (The Last Airbender), Rorscharc (Watchmen) and many other.

10. Thanks Baka Saru Roddish-kun thanked for this post
    Likes Baka Saru Roddish-kun liked this post
    Senior Member Baka Saru Roddish-kun has a reputation beyond repute Baka Saru Roddish-kun has a reputation beyond repute Baka Saru Roddish-kun has a reputation beyond repute Baka Saru Roddish-kun has a reputation beyond repute Baka Saru Roddish-kun has a reputation beyond repute Baka Saru Roddish-kun has a reputation beyond repute Baka Saru Roddish-kun has a reputation beyond repute Baka Saru Roddish-kun has a reputation beyond repute Baka Saru Roddish-kun has a reputation beyond repute Baka Saru Roddish-kun has a reputation beyond repute Baka Saru Roddish-kun has a reputation beyond repute Baka Saru Roddish-kun's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Pokedex Ark
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-10-2013 11:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark View Post
    @Yoko Littner

I appreciate the discussion and the civil nature that was displayed. Well done.
    Yes, lets pat ourselves on the backs for not behaving like primates and covering each other with excrement to the sounds of whoops hollers and screams, despite how much fun excrement throwing and baying are.

arent we good little hominids ^.^

*throws poo anyway*

Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by deryogan View Post
    Then what about the Anti-hero type. They are the character of the story in which the audience feels sympathy to but they have traits similar to those "bad guys". This will just makes the question: Which is more important, the hero or the villain, more complex.

Example of anti-hero (CMIIW): Zuko (The Last Airbender), Rorscharc (Watchmen) and many other.
    but that comes back to my point that perhaps we shouldn't be speaking about a literal Villain. The villain in a sense is a "mountain" that they must over come weather the "mountain" is an actual fight over good and evil or even something as simple as a girl trying to ask out a guy. The villain in a sense is a being that is against us , that fights with us that makes them the heros that must overcome that "mountain" or so called villain which is why in my opinion that this "mountain" is a main basis for plot. Without a goal to over come what good is reading or watching anime or manga? Although it may seem that simple mangas don't have villains they do. Like say if its a school anime you'll see that there are still "mountains" or a villain in a sense weather that be the teacher or grades or guys or girl or even parents and along with that even anti-heros have there own villains not only the hero in the sense is a villain but they have personal goals and "mountains" they must over come. I hope I'm making sense and letting you understand what i meanXD

13. Likes deryogan, Baka Saru Roddish-kun liked this post
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

Desert Punk and Slayers proved that you don't need a good guy to make a great anime though.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Kawaiislice Aria Neko Pluto Garnet Orb
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2023 10:19 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kagxme4988 PSN ID: KagomeMiko

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Desert Punk and Slayers proved that you don't need a good guy to make a great anime though.
    Slayers? Slayers has "good guys" What do you think Lina Inverse and her gang are?
    How'd You Like That On Your Lawn?!
    "I may be empty, but I'm not worthless!"

...Clear...

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post

You don't need either.

17. Likes Baka Saru Roddish-kun liked this post
    Senior Member Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu Ceiling Cat Albatross
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2014 02:52 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Heroes are more important while villians are all emos that want to compensate their emo greed by taking over the world.

Senior Member Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Tiger Basketball Black Beauty LesPauls
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-31-2014 08:25 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Both are of course important. But if I have to choose, definitely the villain. The villain is the one who gets you kicked up for more and makes you hate him/her till you wanna dig him/her out of the anime! Or you can also like him/her and support him/her till the end. It's the bad guys that get you worked up.
    May peace bestow this world,
    May our hearts unite.
    Life may not be smooth as pearl,
    But pray for our decisions to be always right.

Life may be hard, it's a big pain in the butt. But hey, who says behind all those pain, can't hide some happiness ?

Senior Member Baka Saru Roddish-kun has a reputation beyond repute Baka Saru Roddish-kun has a reputation beyond repute Baka Saru Roddish-kun has a reputation beyond repute Baka Saru Roddish-kun has a reputation beyond repute Baka Saru Roddish-kun has a reputation beyond repute Baka Saru Roddish-kun has a reputation beyond repute Baka Saru Roddish-kun has a reputation beyond repute Baka Saru Roddish-kun has a reputation beyond repute Baka Saru Roddish-kun has a reputation beyond repute Baka Saru Roddish-kun has a reputation beyond repute Baka Saru Roddish-kun has a reputation beyond repute Baka Saru Roddish-kun's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Pokedex Ark
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Will Phuah View Post
    Both are of course important. But if I have to choose, definitely the villain. The villain is the one who gets you kicked up for more and makes you hate him/her till you wanna dig him/her out of the anime! Or you can also like him/her and support him/her till the end. It's the bad guys that get you worked up.
    I dunno, Ash ketchum is a "hero", yet hes a brainless dweeb that has a knack for annoying the audience, I mean, tell me you've never wanted to wring his little neck for being so dumb. Giovanni/rocket etc i just find amusing, inept bad guys messing up lots, but ash messes up more, yet he succeeds and we venerate him? no thanks.

I love pokemon, but most of the time i just wanna cleave ash in twain

21. Likes Watayo_Hirashi liked this post
    Member deryogan has a brilliant future deryogan has a brilliant future deryogan has a brilliant future deryogan has a brilliant future deryogan has a brilliant future deryogan has a brilliant future deryogan has a brilliant future deryogan has a brilliant future deryogan has a brilliant future deryogan has a brilliant future deryogan has a brilliant future deryogan's Avatar
    Gil
    Where
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-27-2014 12:58 AM
    Threads

but that comes back to my point that perhaps we shouldn't be speaking about a literal Villain. The villain in a sense is a "mountain" that they must over come weather the "mountain" is an actual fight over good and evil or even something as simple as a girl trying to ask out a guy. The villain in a sense is a being that is against us , that fights with us that makes them the heros that must overcome that "mountain" or so called villain which is why in my opinion that this "mountain" is a main basis for plot. Without a goal to over come what good is reading or watching anime or manga? Although it may seem that simple mangas don't have villains they do. Like say if its a school anime you'll see that there are still "mountains" or a villain in a sense weather that be the teacher or grades or guys or girl or even parents and along with that even anti-heros have there own villains not only the hero in the sense is a villain but they have personal goals and "mountains" they must over come. I hope I'm making sense and letting you understand what i meanXD
    I like it how you methaphorized the villain as a mountain. In that way villains doesn't necessarily a character in that story. If you think about it there is no anime or even story that has no "mountains" that you mention right? Because in order to make a good story there has to be conflict.

Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by deryogan View Post
    I like it how you methaphorized the villain as a mountain. In that way villains doesn't necessarily a character in that story. If you think about it there is no anime or even story that has no "mountains" that you mention right? Because in order to make a good story there has to be conflict.
    Exactly ^o^

Nanobyte's minion SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Luna Cake Lie Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2017 06:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1596-5790-7816-3407

I think anime are more interesting when both sides have a chance of being the hero or villain. One side cannot be all good and the other all bad because that would make things stale and boring,and would also make the plot very linear. You know what I mean, the evil side is strong, a hero shows up, the hero does something to overturn the evil side, and at the end the hero wins.

I think that's why I enjoyed Code Geass a little bit more. Lelouch wasnt exactly the model hero because there were instances where he'd to something for a right cause and other times he would do bad things to further his cause. It was always unpredictable and it kept things interesting for me.

Senior Member Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Tiger Basketball Black Beauty LesPauls
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-31-2014 08:25 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roddish View Post
    I dunno, Ash ketchum is a "hero", yet hes a brainless dweeb that has a knack for annoying the audience, I mean, tell me you've never wanted to wring his little neck for being so dumb. Giovanni/rocket etc i just find amusing, inept bad guys messing up lots, but ash messes up more, yet he succeeds and we venerate him? no thanks.

I love pokemon, but most of the time i just wanna cleave ash in twain
    Well, that's the point. Once a friend told me that most the villains always mess up and suddenly become dumb in the last few episodes. But that's just the last few episodes. What about the stupid hero that's been acting like some dumb nut head for the whole series? Seriously, sometimes I wish the villain could just bash them.
    May peace bestow this world,
    May our hearts unite.
    Life may not be smooth as pearl,
    But pray for our decisions to be always right.

Life may be hard, it's a big pain in the butt. But hey, who says behind all those pain, can't hide some happiness ?

26. Likes Baka Saru Roddish-kun liked this post
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Pokedex Ark
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

ikr, like in evangellion, for the first few episodes, you're like "awww, poor shinji" and then, he becomes an insufferable whinging bratty wimp and you just pray that an angel rips his spleen out, just once. please god?

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kagome View Post
    Slayers? Slayers has "good guys" What do you think Lina Inverse and her gang are?
    Well let's see... Lina's almost destroyed the world a few times, robs and kills people (many whod ont' deserve it), treats her friends as Slaves, and really only fights the bad guys to save her own hide.

in fact isn't it illegal to BE Lina InversE?

Last edited by Clayton_n; 04-01-2013 at 02:17 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2024 08:26 PM
    Threads

Nowadays, villains seem to progressively have more appeal.
    Check out my anime reviews at: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/users/hajimenojmo[/URL] and http://blog.honeyfeed.fm/

Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Pokedex Ark
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ParaParaJMo View Post
    Nowadays, villains seem to progressively have more appeal.
    If we are to take this as True, then what does that say about us the viewers? does this mean that WE are also more inclined to evil?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information