AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Marvel NOW!

Junior Member ebonystrong is on a distinguished road ebonystrong's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2013 11:59 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Marvel NOW!

Any Marvel zombies on this forum? Which Marvel NOW! titles are you sticking with? For me, it's:
    • Thor God of Thunder
    • Superior Spiderman
    • Avengers
    • New Avengers

What about you?

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Default Re: Marvel NOW!

Old News: I don't mind comic book talk (Love it in fact), but keep in mind that this section of the forum is for "Animation". So if you could, at least do me a solid and tie it with the cartoons. Otherwise I'll move it to the Misc section.

OT: None of the above. I'm collecting old Marvel comics like the old Transformer series, and independent stuff. Though I did recently pick up a Spider-Girl #90.
    Last edited by DeathBlade/13.666; 07-12-2013 at 12:35 AM.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Comic talk is good to go now!

OP: I'm really interested in how they've changed Nick Fury into a black guy because of Samuel Jackson playing the role in the movies. now.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Senior Member Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2013 12:26 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    Comic talk is good to go now!

OP: I'm really interested in how they've changed Nick Fury into a black guy because of Samuel Jackson playing the role in the movies. now.
    Uhm, Nick Fury IS black.... in the Ultimate universe. Recently he was introduced into the Earth-616 Universe, as part of the Secret Avengers. since the movies are kind of a mix of both Ultimate and 616 universes, makes sense.

"Tell her that I miss our little talks."

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by beyond_birthday View Post
    Uhm, Nick Fury IS black.... in the Ultimate universe. Recently he was introduced into the Earth-616 Universe, as part of the Secret Avengers. since the movies are kind of a mix of both Ultimate and 616 universes, makes sense.
    Sure if you go by that... OR...

Senior Member Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Say what you must... this guy will always be more intimidating.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	detail.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	78507

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Only if you're intimidated by armed black men over crazy white people. Though, Samuel L. Jackson is a bunch better Nick Fury than David Hasselhoff.

Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Only if you're intimidated by armed black men over crazy white people. Though, Samuel L. Jackson is a bunch better Nick Fury than David Hasselhoff.

Well, I'm not sure how familiar you are with comics but Black Nick Fury WAS based out of Samuel L. Jackson. Even the character said it in the comic. Quite funny when you go back to read those comics. When characters talk about what if they were in a movie. Comics are weird.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Well, I'm not sure how familiar you are with comics but Black Nick Fury WAS based out of Samuel L. Jackson. Even the character said it in the comic. Quite funny when you go back to read those comics. When characters talk about what if they were in a movie. Comics are weird.
    Yea I said that back in post #3. But comics are really weird when they get to timelines and other things. Just see IDW's Transformers series for that, or the 5-6 different Spider-mans there are.

Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yea I said that back in post #3. But comics are really weird when they get to timelines and other things. Just see IDW's Transformers series for that, or the 5-6 different Spider-mans there are.
    DC at least TRIES to keep the timelines in place even if some don't make ANY sense. MARVEL is just a mess. they even recognize that you should not try to make sense of it all since at times characters are in space, yet, they appear as a guest in other series; it's weird. Mainly the whole Spider-ock thing. Technically Peter Parker is dead, but otto octavious is the new peter parker/spider-man. But if I'm not reading about a guy who got sweet powers over getting bit by a radioactive spider other than... you know... getting cancer. what the hell am I reading?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

lol They tried somewhat... Then again they did that 52 thing right before doing the New 52 thing... Still, it beats the Spidey-Doc. Oct thing. That's just weird. You never saw Mr. Freeze take over for Batman...

Senior Member RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2014 11:12 PM
    Charleston, South Carolina, Confederate States of America
    Threads

How about Michael Clarke Duncan playing Kingpin? I was skeptical, but once I saw "Daredevil", I knew NO ONE could play that Role better than him!

"Let us enjoy the Rain together. My Umbrella is always open for you. Knowing me is knowing never having to say goodbye. It never stops raining, does it?"

Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

lol They tried somewhat... Then again they did that 52 thing right before doing the New 52 thing... Still, it beats the Spidey-Doc. Oct thing. That's just weird. You never saw Mr. Freeze take over for Batman...
    From what i've read from the Spidey-ock thing is actually pretty damn good. but that's just salt in a flesh wound to hardcore spidey fans. I mean, the writer got DEATH THREATS. And it was a pretty damn sad last issue too. You see a hero just.... DIE. worst part is that it was cheered from the crowd. I got a little sad after that.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

lol I can imagine the outrage of things. Most die-hards are crazy for such things.

As for the Kingpin, I think Michael Chiklis (sp?) from The Shield, Fantastic Four, and Vegas could do a good Kingpin. Though Michael Clarke Duncan's version wasn't bad.

Member Knightsong is on a distinguished road Knightsong's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-16-2013 10:29 PM
    Threads

I love the marvel movies, but their comics I'm not as interested in any more. I really enjoy DC much better.

Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsong View Post
    I love the marvel movies, but their comics I'm not as interested in any more. I really enjoy DC much better.
    Hickman's current take on the Avengers is just... AMAZING.

same with Bendis's take on X-men. it's the best things you could read from marvel right now... or Fraction's Hawkeye. which won an Eisner award, mind you. I

@deathblade /13.666 I don't know about kingpin, I haven't seen that daredevil movie in ages, glad as hell the movie is in Disney's hands again. They'll know what to do with it. They're not a stupid company.

The Loyal Wolf. Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang has a reputation beyond repute Acid-Fang's Avatar
    Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-25-2016 05:32 PM
    Threads

Hickman's current take on the Avengers is just... AMAZING.

same with Bendis's take on X-men. it's the best things you could read from marvel right now... or Fraction's Hawkeye. which won an Eisner award, mind you. I

@deathblade /13.666 I don't know about kingpin, I haven't seen that daredevil movie in ages, glad as hell the movie is in Disney's hands again. They'll know what to do with it. They're not a stupid company.

They aren't dumb, but there's still an air of uneasiness with them controlling a dearly moved franchise. Just look at them and Star Wars to see that. Either way, can't be worse than Fox and Sony owning Marvel Movie rights.
    Be very careful, because the wolves of life will devour your soul.

Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Acid-Fang View Post
    They aren't dumb, but there's still an air of uneasiness with them controlling a dearly moved franchise. Just look at them and Star Wars to see that. Either way, can't be worse than Fox and Sony owning Marvel Movie rights.
    I wouldn't say that, I mean, Avengers was amazing. they knew who to get and how to do it. As Far as the star wars, I haven't been keeping up with it, but there are movies in the planning, last I heard.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I wouldn't say that, I mean, Avengers was amazing. they knew who to get and how to do it. As Far as the star wars, I haven't been keeping up with it, but there are movies in the planning, last I heard.
    So Disney's answer to everything fan/nerd related that they accumulated is now Joss Whedon. XD

Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

So Disney's answer to everything fan/nerd related that they accumulated is now Joss Whedon. XD
    Or J.J. Abrahams. he's on board with the star wars movies... last I heard.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Or J.J. Abrahams. he's on board with the star wars movies... last I heard.
    This is the first I heard of J.J. Abrams doing anything with Star Wars, other than being open to the idea of it.

Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

This is the first I heard of J.J. Abrams doing anything with Star Wars, other than being open to the idea of it.

well, I haven't honestly checked since everyone was freaking out over the rights. Not much of a star wars/trek fan.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

well, I haven't honestly checked since everyone was freaking out over the rights. Not much of a star wars/trek fan.
    Yea, the last I heard was J.J. himself on like the Daily Show, and Jon Stewart asked him if he'd do it. He said that he was open to it, but they'd have to see.

Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yea, the last I heard was J.J. himself on like the Daily Show, and Jon Stewart asked him if he'd do it. He said that he was open to it, but they'd have to see.

I guess, like I said, I don't keep up. and Didn't J.J direct one of the previous ones?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I guess, like I said, I don't keep up. and Didn't J.J direct one of the previous ones?
    He's only done Star Trek. George Lucas is the only person that's directed Star Wars so far.

Back on the things of Marvel. Have you seen the What If of Venom combining with Deadpool?
    Last edited by DeathBlade/13.666; 07-27-2013 at 11:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information