AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestion to avoid paying high hotel prices

Junior Member LawlietsOneAndOnly is on a distinguished road LawlietsOneAndOnly's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-03-2013 02:06 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Suggestion to avoid paying high hotel prices

I had suggestion I wanted to share with those of you going to Cons this season on a budget..... instead of paying $100+ a night at a hotel, rent a small cabin at a local campground or even a campsite. Though you may have to walk to a bathroom to shower and get ready for the event, a cabin can save you around $50 a night and a campsite around $75. You don't even have to have a camper! 4 person tents can be rented or bought for fairly cheap or you could sleep in your vehicle. The only downsides are you may have to pack a bit more, it may be a longer drive for Cons in large cities and it may be difficult for first time campers. Other than that, I think it's a pretty good idea. I plan on doing this for ColossalCon 2013. The campsite I'm looking at is only 10 miles away from the Con! Anyway, I would love to hear your feedback on the idea and if anyone has don this before, I would love any tips you have to offer. ^_^

Member petitefeet is on a distinguished road petitefeet's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Tori Gate Red Stapler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2013 10:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: petitefeet79

Default Re: Suggestion to avoid paying high hotel prices

Luckily for me, most of the cons I've attended are in areas where I have friends, so I normally crash at their pad.

Another good idea for cons that are held in hotels is to call the hotel in advance and inquire about discounts for convention attendees. Some of the cons here in FL even have packages where you can purchase passes for the weekend and stay free in the hotel, or get a nice coupon code for booking your room.

The beauty of this is you don't necessarily have to stay in the hotel that the con is at. Some places I've been have offered discounts due to the fact that there is a large event in town and they are trying to drum up business.

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

big boxes behind SEARS
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

4. Likes petitefeet liked this post
    Senior Member Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Dr Who K9 Rainbow Ribbon Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2014 10:27 AM
    Threads

Most conventions in the UK are in London, so I'm usually able to commute. It is expensive, but I consider going to conventions as a treat xD
    Also, the funny looks from people going to work when you are in full cosplay are highly amusing.
    ~Favourite Anime/manga~
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Death Note
    Sekaiichi Hatsukoi
    Junjou Romantica
    Naruto Shippuuden
    Bleach
    Hetalia
    Code Geass
    Fruits Basket
    D-GrayMan
    Hourou Musuko Wandering Son
    Sora to Hara
    Kuroko no Basuke
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Currently reading: Bleach and Naruto Ship, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kuroko no Basuke.
    Currently watching: Space Brothers, Golden Time, Kuroko no Basuke, Silver Spoon, Magi and Mobile Suit Gundam.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information