So running is one of my favorite activities, figured I'd make a thread for us runners. Curious if there are many more, I know I've talked to a couple here... @PinkGalaxies and @Thefringedninja
Whether your a recreational runner or marathoner tell us a little. Any upcoming races or goals you have?

I ran a couple years of crosscountry in high school and really liked it. Considering I didnt start until 11th grade I did pretty decent, but wasnt in the top 3 ever. After college and getting married and life being really busy I kind of got out of it, and got out of shape. It took a while but eventually my health even suffered. When I hit 50# over the weight I was in college I decided to make some changes. That was about 3 years ago, a few big things were happening in my life... and I started getting back into the things I used to love like hiking, biking, running, etc. and really turned myself around. Started eating healthier too which was my biggest problem. I had lost a lot of ground since HS, but I have run in many 5k's and 10k's in the last 3 years, and just last year completed my first half-marathon.

This is my second year to ever run through the winter, and I did a 5k race on New Years Day. It was cold and I had some cramping in my feet half way though, but still managed to pull off a 23:42. The race was benefiting the The Luke Billings Foundation for the treatment of children with Cerebral Palsy. It was my first winter race ever, so I was happy just to partake. Speaking of which, I am signed up for a 5k this Sunday at the Arnold Sports Festival. Its going to be the coldest temps I have ran in period, possibly in the teens(F). I plan on just taking it easy.

Some goals I have for this year will be to run my first full marathon (fall) and break a 20 minute 5k which I havent done since my teens.