AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign-Up: Nightmare Hunt (a Supernatural/Horror RPG)

Trojan.FlyStudio.I i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Prinny Favorite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-10-2012 03:53 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Sign-Up: Nightmare Hunt (a Supernatural/Horror RPG)

Nightmare Hunt
    (A Mystery/Supernatural RPG)

Approved by LadyP

How close is the world of dreams to the waking mind? How thin of a line does one separate the subconscious from the conscious? Within this fragile surface of reality, how far can we extend our hand to reach it?

++

Welcome to the world of Nightmare Hunt. You are the Guardian of Nightmares.

A latent shift in the dream world causes nightmares to escape from the minds of humans. It is called a Dream Vortex. As a Guardian, it is your duty to capture these renegade nightmares and return them to the owner.

It is extremely prohibited to kill a nightmare. To do so means destroying the human mind it belongs to and will disqualify you as a Guardian.

A person becomes a Guardian when he was able to “tame his own nightmare”, training it be his weapon against wild nightmares that wreck havoc upon our world.

~~

Lately, a powerful vortex has opened, and people who are able to control nightmares are increasing. Some of them are using their nightmare’s powers for their own benefit. It is up to the Guardians to restore balance between the dream world and reality.

Here are the characters:

Guardians: Can control a strong Nightmare monster of their choosing. Only the scariest and most dreadful creatures are allowed to be created. So yeah, NO unicorns and Handsome Looking White-Knights (But if the unicorn eats human flesh and the White Knight has a penchant for collecting heads, then you’re all set to go). If you choose to be a Guardian, your Nightmare Monster has no will. You will control his actions. Being a Guardian is a job, so you are required to hunt down Ferals and Vagrants. It is forbidden, though, to attack them in human form.

Ferals: Basically, you are a character who’s human but has a wild nightmare inside of him/her… Every night, this character changes into a nightmare. You want nothing more but freedom to roam the waking world. But let’s face it, every nightmare is bad. Otherwise, it isn’t a nightmare, don’t you agree? (I’ll let you decide on your own definition of “bad”). If you choose to be a Feral, you have to control two characters: The human character, and the Nightmare character, both having a different personality. It is recommended that your Nightmare contradicts or support your human’s traits.) Guardians cannot harm you in your human form.

Vagrants: You have tamed your nightmare, but you are not a Guardian. Perhaps you control your nightmare for money, game or personal reasons. But be wary, Nightmares are creatures of your own personal darkness. It’s either you control them, or they control you. Vagrants who are caught by the Guardians will be asked to surrender their nightmares completely. Defying this will make you a wanted criminal, and orders will be to kill your nightmare on sight. Learn to elude Guardians (they cannot sense Vagrants or Ferals without the aid of a Watcher)

*Watchers:
    You are the sentient. Though you cannot battle nor control any nightmares, the Watcher role is crucial because they can distinguish which ones are Ferals, Vagrants or Guardians. They also have the ability to predict the future. The Watcher can choose to have a Nightmare or not, but an active Nightmare limits what he/she "sees". You can only "see" a specific vision. (E.g. You can only see Vagrants; You can only see 24 hours into the future; You can only "hear" Nightmares, etc.

[/COLOR]
    ++++

RULES (Pay heed):

1. Only nightmares can battle.

The MAP is made so people don't get lost with each other (which I noticed was a common problem--of mine? hehe). You don't have to be constrained by the map, just don't disregard it. (e.g. Your character suddenly pops from the Hospital to the Factory)

3. Guardians are not allowed to attack Vagrants/Ferals in their human form. They are, however, allowed to mingle, observe, spy and make allies. (Careful who you make allies with, though, because…)

4. You are given the option to “hide” your role. If you choose to do this, you must PM me your hidden role before I approve it. I will, then, relay the information to the available Watcher. Watchers can also hide who they are.

5. The GM will be in constant communication with the Watcher. This means he/she knows certain plot twists, character info, details, etc. that may be important to the game.

6. Because some people will hide their role, it is encourage to READ EVERYONE’S POSTS.

7. Daytime and Nighttime are controlled by the players but please be considerate about it. (Eg. Do not suddenly introduce “daytime” if the preceding post just designated night.)

8. Ferals can turn to Guardians or Vagrants. To become a Guardian, you have to be aware of your Nightmare first. Second, you have to seek ou a Guardian (or maybe you'll get lucky to come across one). To become a Vagrant is a personal choice (You have to PM me this if you wish it concealed).

9. IMPORTANT: To tame a Nightmare, you have to pass a Guardian’s “test”. Guardians will get the privilege to pass or fail a Feral character. To pass, you have to fulfill a TASK given by the Guardian. This can be RP-based (e.g. an RPG battle), AF-based (e.g. post a thread in the Misc Forum or change your avatar), post-based (e.g. post a picture of a cat), or internet-based (e.g. visit the Guardian’s external blog site and submit a comment). I want this to be as interactive as it possibly can BUT if I catch anybody abusing this privilege, you’re out.

10. Guardians have the privilege of asking a Watcher about a character’s hidden roles. (you have to PM me, in case the Watcher does not want to reveal who he/she is). But that doesn’t mean you can’t FORCE it out of a character you suspect to be the Watcher. *evil hint*

[UPDATED] 11. Three (3) characters per user for now. Watchers can only use TWO (2) characters. You can't have TWO Feral characters. Once a Feral turns into a Guardian/Vagrant, you can make a new character. Vagrants should choose which of their Nightmare or Human is more dominant. (NOTE: Rule # 11 can change in the future.)

12. It is required to format your post like this:

Location: Depending on the map of the city (otherwise, use 'Unknown')
    Role: Feral, Guardian, Watcher, Vagrant, or Unrevealed
    Item/s:

POST ENTRY POST ENTRY POST ENTRY POST ENTRY POST ENTRY POST ENTRY POST ENTRY POST ENTRY POST ENTRY POST ENTRY
    POST ENTRY POST ENTRY POST ENTRY POST ENTRY POST ENTRY POST ENTRY POST ENTRY POST ENTRY POST ENTRY POST ENTRY

13. NPC's are UNLIMITED as long as they are discarded on the same post they were introduced. Plot-based NPCs are allowed. Human characters without a role are automatically considered as an NPC.

14. NO GOD-MODDING. NO SPAM. 5 POSTS/DAY.

15. I command you to interact with as many users as you can! XD

~~

Blank Character Profile:

Human Name:
    Role: (Guardian, Vagrant, Feral, Watcher or BLANK)
    Description: (Personality and Appearance)
    Short Bio: (Character Background)
    Fear: (Your Nightmare and Fear must be related)

++

Nightmare Name:
    Description: (Appearance and/or Personality. Draw it if you can.)
    Powers:
    Strengths: (You can leave this blank)
    Weaknesses: (You can leave this blank)
    Last edited by i_say_sabotage; 02-02-2010 at 11:49 PM.

It is hard to say there is a reason for being anywhere
    Even if you retrace your steps

Old and Cranky Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2009 11:44 PM
    Threads

Sabotage, I'm so entering this one. I think I'm going to be a feral. Maybe a guardian.
    How many guardians are you looking for?

Wedding is in October. And I'm going to be a dad. Super excited.

Trojan.FlyStudio.I i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Prinny Favorite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Human Name: Madeleine Sia
    Role: Feral
    Description: Long black hair, usually very messy. Gray eyes and very frail looking. She may not look the part, but Madeleine is strong-willed and optimistic. She always has a smile for everyone.

Short Bio:
    One word that can describe Madeleine would be 'fragile'. She has been sickly since birth, with a thin constitution and weak lungs. Her father died when she was only two years old, leaving her mom to work double jobs to provide for food and her medication.

When Madeleine was six, her mother died through a road accident, getting run over by an anonymous driver who sped away after hitting her *anyone who wants to be this character? hehe*. After she died, Madeleine was entrusted to her uncle's care in exchange for $500 compensation every month from social services.

Her new family was cruel to her, making her do chores and beating her up for no reason at all. When they insist she was being 'bad', they lock her up in the cold basement for a number of days without feeding her. Because of this, she developed a fear of the dark.

Madeleine drifts off to sleep to escape her world.

Fear: Fear of the Dark

++

Nightmare Name: Jigsaw
    Description: A man with skin as black as the night. He wears white clothes with white gloves. He has no mouth, he does not speak. He appears to be respectable looking, yet there is something about him you wouldn't want to know. He is a puzzle by himself.
    Powers: To shapeshift into anything you fear, [EDIT] He is very fond of riddles, puzzles and mind games to tease and taunt his victims. It seems that he rather enjoys tormenting human minds than bodies.
    Strengths: The Dark, Fear
    Weaknesses: Light, Daytime, defeat his puzzles
    Last edited by i_say_sabotage; 05-28-2009 at 01:23 PM.

Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Prinny Favorite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Rem Nightfall View Post
    Sabotage, I'm so entering this one. I think I'm going to be a feral. Maybe a guardian.
    How many guardians are you looking for?
    As of now, I'm not setting a limit. We'll see how it goes

Old and Cranky Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by i_say_sabotage View Post
    As of now, I'm not setting a limit. We'll see how it goes
    Could I have a feral who's in the happy house? Basically a mental ward.

Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Prinny Favorite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Could I have a feral who's in the happy house? Basically a mental ward.
    Interesting! Go ahead

[EDIT] Just take note Rem, if either of the Nightmare or Human has more role than the other , you're considered a Vagrant.

Ferals are roles where both Nightmare and Human have the same level of dominance (i.e. they both take an active part in the plot).
    Last edited by i_say_sabotage; 05-25-2009 at 12:40 PM. Reason: reminder

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Interesting! Go ahead

[EDIT] Just take note Rem, if either of the Nightmare or Human has more role than the other , you're considered a Vagrant.

Ferals are roles where both Nightmare and Human have the same level of dominance (i.e. they both take an active part in the plot).
    Do they transform into the nightmare? I was going to give him psychotic hallucinations, which bring on his nightmare side.

Owns someone xD But who? Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-23-2009 11:38 PM
    Threads

Awwww sweet I was waiting for a similar RP like this!

Human Name: Alban
    Cassius

Role: Vagrant

Description: Alban is nervous timid young boy, he usually speaks in a nervous tone and shaking, he is easily startled and jumpy. (See Attachment for Appearance)

Short Bio: Alban grew up in a middle class house, he was always neglected and beatin by his family, having enough of the abuse Alban ran away, now he lives on the street with his nightmare

Fear: Pain

++

Nightmare Name: Kabru

Description: Kabru usually speaks in a deep voice, and is always dragging his large axe behind him. (see attachment for appearance)

Powers: Kabru destroys everything in his path once he appears, constantly running he is invunerable to physical attacks. He as great strength able to lift 2 semi trucks.

Strengths: Invunderable to most physical attacks, advanced skills with axe, amazing strength.

Weaknesses: Although he runs he isn't very fast which makes it easy to escape his grasp.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	CopyofKing.jpg‎
Views:	83
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	25003   Click image for larger version

Name:	imZfAmNicRa4mtJAZ9dyzusg==.jpg‎
Views:	95
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	25004  
    Last edited by Seikyu Kiba; 05-25-2009 at 08:47 PM.

Thank you Nespa for the banner!
    "Just because your dead...doesn't mean you don't deserve a fair trial!"

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Human Name: Grell Nightwalker

Sex: Male

Appearance: Pale skin, crescent moon birthmark on top of his right hand, liquid aquamarine eyes, messy short black hair, dark circles under his eyes, wears baggy slacks, and a baggy buttoned shirt. His eyes do some weird things like he isn't in control of them....when he sit down his right eye goes all the way up so he sees the back of his head, and his left eye sits down as if it is about to roll all the way up....when he stands the opposite happens

Personality: His mind is in a state of psychosis...talks in a distinct word salad.

History: Grell Nightwalker has lived his life in the suburban paradise. He was a student at one of the colleges here. He was living in a dorm room with his dorm mate. Grell has always lived a state of paranoid fantasy. His family worries a bit about his abnormal and wild behavior and his dorm mate tried his best to keep Grell in check.
    Despite the setbacks of instability Grell is quite intelligent.

Fear: Forgetting

Nightmare Name: Morpheus

Description: http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c6...g?t=1243279515

Powers: His greatest ability is hacking enemies into two halves.

Strengths: Decapitation, can take on multiple hits and get back up

Weaknesses: He's a tad sluggish and he uses wide swings so he's easy to handle
    Last edited by Rem Nightfall; 05-26-2009 at 10:22 AM.

Rising Falcon! Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Present Gurren Kamina Glasses
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2017 11:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ErraticKyosuke

Wowzers, this looks fun.

Human Name: Alex Meloni (I forgot my name!)
    Description: Average height, meduim build, with blond hair and striking blue eyes. Basically Joshua from Chrno Crusade. Attachment, but with a baggy faded large t-shirt and worn blue jeans that is held up by some cords he found.
    Short Bio: He never knew his parents, and spent most of his life in an orphanage. He left the orphanage at the age of thirteen and has been living on the streets for the last few years.
    Fear: Afraid of spirits

~~~~~~~~~

Nightmare Name: Animus (Original huh?)
    Description: Attachment
    Powers: At midnight, for 30 seconds becomes completely invisible.
    Strengths: Cannot be harmed by physical sttacks
    Weaknesses: Extremely weak against light
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Joshua_3.jpg‎
Views:	72
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	25011   Click image for larger version

Name:	25114Wraith 2.jpg‎
Views:	86
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	25012  
    Last edited by Señor Nobody; 05-26-2009 at 08:20 AM.
    I now know what hell sounds like; I recommend a tactical nuclear strike on my position. Tell my family I love them.

Dark catgirl artist Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2013 01:38 PM
    i am usealy lurking somewhere or being sneaky. use the pm button if you wish to reach me.
    Threads

human name: Melinda hawn
    Role: Watcher

Desciption
    http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1301/...fbcd3b16c0.jpg
    silent withdrawn, really only speaks when she needs something or is answering someone

Short Bio: Melinda was suppost to be heir of a big shrine. But from a very young age melinda was able to tell the diffrences between the nightmare guardians and the other nightmares. Her parents were frightend by this believing she was mentally ill and had her put away. she stayed there until she was 13 when a guardian stumbled across her acidently. she had already developed the habit to not speak only she really needed something or when answering a qeustion. The guardian took her away and she has been in there care since then.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

pm me for a free avatar or signature

Nespa's advise for newbie's: don't add someone's msn adress without asking them.
    my sigworks sig sets my wallpapers

Building Castles Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2013 01:06 AM
    Threads

Human Name: Landy Norrett

Sex: Female

Appearance: Pale, long black hair, emerald green eyes. She wears tight, modern clothes, platform combat boots, and a dark, raven black-purple colored cape. She tends to kind of float when she walks. She always has a black cat on a leash with her.

Personality: Though she looks kind of dark and creepy, she's really bright, perky, and happy. She radiates caring even if people dont notice through the apperance.

History: Landy was found on the street half dead with amnesia when she was 9. They never found her parents or who nearly killed her. After she recovered, she was placed into foster care and has lived a relatively normal life since then, though she used to claim that she saw demons.

Fear: That the demons she used to see will get her.

Nightmare Name: Sigataph

Description: A beautiful ghostly woman in old century looking clothes. She has red curly hair that gradually turns to fire as she slowly chases people. She becomes more hideous and more gruesome, also.

Powers: Fire 'spirits' that chase down who ever Sigataph comands them to.

Strengths: Sigataph tends to fade in and out of being. Makes her hard to hit.

Weaknesses: Sigataph doesn't really have many strengths outside of her spirits and her ability to disappear so if you pin her, shes pretty much caught.
    samba bamba, llama momma.

need a new set, feel free to offer. :3

Crazy Personified janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Ouran Patch Manekineko
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-30-2011 09:55 AM
    Threads

Human Name: Glaiza

Role: Depends on the submitted role that I gave to i_say_sabotage and whether she'll approve

Description: She's a happy person, or rather she tries to appear happy, struggling with a secret past that she pretends not to exist. Most of the time she pulls it off and people have no clue about her struggles, and yet sometimes the shadows of her past catch up with her.

Appearance: http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...jee/Glaiza.jpg

Past: It was already dark when her older brother, Xedo, and Glaiza came home to find their house ransacked and their parents, thrown outside the house, dead. Xedo goes in, specifically telling her to stay inside, but she doesn't listen. Glaiza cautiously follows him inside to find Xedo struggling for breath and the shadow of large creature fleeing outside. Xedo dies in her arms, and she spends the rest of her life trying her best to move on, but she is plagued by nightmares of a large creature appearing to finish the job of killing her family. Bits and pieces of her past and why seems to show themselves whether she likes it or not.

Fear: She fears the night, and the dark especially for it reminds her of the night she wants to completely forget.

++

Nightmare Name: Sean

Description: Sean is crazy. That's all there is to it. You never know what he's thinking and what he's going to do next. He thrives in the dark and awaits his victims, and when he gets them he treats them the same way as a cat plays with his food. Sometimes he lets his victims go, most scarred beyond all reason, some left unharmed. Sean has no rules, and he does what he does because he wants to.

Appearance: Only Glaiza really knows what Sean really looks like. According to some he has allowed to live, he seems to be a blond pretty boy with green eyes (http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...najee/Sean.jpg), but since they're usually mentally unhinged, these witnesses can't be fully trusted.

Powers: He usually does his magic in the dark, so nobody really knows what his powers are. Though some have witnessed that he uses shadows to grab his victims. His attractive good looks also makes it easier to attract most of his female victims.

Strengths: He is absolutely unpredictable.

Weaknesses: Glaiza's past.
    Last edited by janajee; 05-26-2009 at 10:35 AM.
    ---
    "They called me mad, I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me." -Nathaniel Lee
    ---

---
    Being crazy only means I'm smarter than you
    ---

Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Prinny Favorite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The following people are approved:

Seikyu_Kiba = Vagrant

Mr Nobody/Itachi = Vagrant (Although did you mean to leave the Human's Name blank?)

Nespa = Watcher

Change of Color = Feral... nice character

++

Rem_Nightfall : Please PM me your role if you wish it to be unrevealed

janajee: Please describe Sean's appearance

++

We need guardians to begin this game.
    Last edited by i_say_sabotage; 05-26-2009 at 08:17 AM.

Senior Member shinryou has a reputation beyond repute shinryou has a reputation beyond repute shinryou has a reputation beyond repute shinryou has a reputation beyond repute shinryou has a reputation beyond repute shinryou has a reputation beyond repute shinryou has a reputation beyond repute shinryou has a reputation beyond repute shinryou has a reputation beyond repute shinryou has a reputation beyond repute shinryou has a reputation beyond repute shinryou's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2010 02:50 AM
    Threads

Human Name: Izayoi Saito
    Description: Dark Brown Hair, dark eyes, 6'1'', Average Build. Doesn't like to get involved in troubles. Prefers to live a normal life.
    Short Bio: As a child, Saito was a cheerful and talented one. Skilled in athletic, acedemic activities, as well as the creative arts. He was seen as a genius boy. However, his life like this changed when he slaughtered his parents. He was taken to a mental institute at the age of 10 and was held there for quite some time. He was diagnosed as having dissociative Identity Disorder, which explained the incident in which he killed his own parents. He was released at the age of 17 after his other self was purged. However, he always lived in fear that something similar might happen to him.
    Fear: Identity Disorder

++

Nightmare Name: Yami
    Description: A girl about Saito's age having long raven dark hair and two black feathered wings. As well as this she was clothed in a black cloak.
    Powers: Metamorphosis - The ability to change her body parts into objects such as weapons and tools.
    Strengths:
    Weaknesses:

Question, does the nightmare have its own body, or does it take control of its owners body. I might change the bio dependent on this.
    Last edited by shinryou; 05-26-2009 at 08:21 AM.

"can't get away... from the sound of life..." - shinryou

Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Prinny Favorite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by shinryou View Post
    Human Name: Izayoi Saito
    Description: Dark Brown Hair, dark eyes, 6'1'', Average Build. Doesn't like to get involved in troubles. Prefers to live a normal life.
    Short Bio: As a child, Saito was a cheerful and talented one. Skilled in athletic, acedemic activities, as well as the creative arts. He was seen as a genius boy. However, his life like this changed when he slaughtered his parents. He was taken to a mental institute at the age of 10 and was held there for quite some time. He was diagnosed as having dissociative Identity Disorder, which explained the incident in which he killed his own parents. He was released at the age of 17 after his other self was purged. However, he always lived in fear that something similar might happen to him.
    Fear: Identity Disorder

++

Nightmare Name: Yami
    Description: A girl about Saito's age having long raven dark hair and two black feathered wings. As well as this she was clothed in a black cloak.
    Powers: Metamorphosis - The ability to change her body parts into objects such as weapons and tools.
    Strengths:
    Weaknesses:

Question, does the nightmare have its own body, or does it take control of its owners body. I might change the bio dependent on this.
    In a Feral's case, it's like Astral Projection. The body remains asleep and the Nightmare assumes a different form.

For Vagrants and Guardians, they work alongside a conscious body. Guardians, who have 100% control of their nightmares, takes less effort, therefore, they can use their Nightmares even during daytime.

Vagrants share their consciousness with their Nightmares so the mental strain is heavier. It will affect the Human character. So you can either let the Human sleep or enter a trance (which gives the Nightmare 100% control) or disperse the Nightmare's will (gives Human 100% control). Therefore, it is advisable to control one of the either.
    Last edited by i_say_sabotage; 05-26-2009 at 08:30 AM.

Crazy Personified janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Ouran Patch Manekineko
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-30-2011 09:55 AM
    Threads

janajee: Please describe Sean's appearance

Yo Sabotage, is the description alright?? Hehe
    Last edited by janajee; 05-26-2009 at 09:37 AM.
    ---
    "They called me mad, I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me." -Nathaniel Lee
    ---

---
    Being crazy only means I'm smarter than you
    ---

Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Prinny Favorite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

janajee and shinryou are approved.

++

Once again, we need Guardians to start the game hehe.

Planeswalker Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Playing Cards
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2013 11:31 AM
    Threads

1st character

Human Name: Karn

Role: Guardian

Description:
    http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/v...-183469547.jpg
    Karn is a zealous Guardian. To him everything must be done to get a job done with no holding back. He will use any and all methods to get the job done. He is a very straight forward kind of person.

Short Bio: Karn's father was devote, religious person and would find faults in everything Karn did. He beat him for his wrong doings and often left him scarred. This caused Karn to grow up scared of doing any wrong, and began to take its toll of his sanity
    This was until one night when his nightmare appeared and went berserk, destroying his home and family. Almost driven insane by it he attacked and defeated his own nightmare. A near by guardian that witnessed this appeared before him and took him away to become a guardian.
    Ever since he became a guardian he has mastered his nightmare completely and began a zealous cleansing of other nightmares. Despite being good at what he does, the guardians make sure to have some watching him. For they fear the day will come when he forgets the oath of as guardian and begins to just destroy randomly.

Fear: Failure

++

Nightmare Name: Gray

Description: http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/v...ursedChaos.jpg
    He is in fact an empty suit of armour. When he appears he surrounds Karn sealing him inside. This provides protection for Karn and allows Karn to control him better. Karn can leave at any time he pleases.

Powers: Piercing lance - Gray's lance can pierce any substance including ones that normally wouldn't such as things that can fade out of existence ect.

Strengths: Tough armour and quick movements. His lance.

Weaknesses: Limited arc of view. Complete dependence on Karn will not act without him.

Karn will be this colour

2nd character

Human Name: Jace

Description: http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e.../anime_guy.jpg
    Jace used to be a kind hearted boy and at times he still is. But more then often he is a cruel sadistic person who enjoys the pain he inflicts if it can help him forget his own fear.

Short Bio: Jace was a kind boy. He did nothing wrong in his life. He did well at school. He tried hard. He loved and lost and he lived through it all. But under the mask he wore there was one thing he always feared. His own mortality. He feared the day when he would die. He feared aging.
    This fear grew and would haunt him at night. Then slowly he began to hear something whisper to him. Claming he could be saved from it all. This continued to happen until one night he woke up to find the source of those words before him. Laid out on his bed was a scythe. It began to speak to him from with his mind. Jace was scared and unsure what to do. But he didn’t want to die and so he took up the scythe.
    At first it was horrible. Night after night he would pick it up and then wake up the next morning unsure what he had done. But slowly he gained more and more control. He began using it to help his own gain, unknown to what it was really doing to him.
    He now has mastered it and developed the ability to let it appear at will. Jace has since become a cruel boy.

Fear: Death

++

Nightmare Name: Thanatos

Description: See scythe in picture for Jace.
    Thanatos is cruel and sly. He enjoys corrupting people and gets a kick out of watching others suffer. He sees only what is good for him. He must be wielded by Jace as a weapon but since he has mastered Jace’s body this proves little problem. Unknown to Jace he is slowly draining his free will until Jace is purely under Thanatos’ control.

Powers: Thanatos can summon illusions that can confuse those he fights.

Strengths: Illusions, the fact his is a weapon. He can pass strength onto Jace so that he becomes faster and stronger.

Weaknesses: He needs Jace’s body to fight with, and well Jace is human.

Jace will be this colour.

Any problems just let me know.
    Last edited by Valkarma; 05-26-2009 at 10:11 AM.
    "I don't need to have the perfect plan. My foe just has to have an imperfect one." Jace Beleren

"Why fight the body when you can dominate the mind that rules it?" Jace Beleren

Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Prinny Favorite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

@ Valk : Both your characters are approved! ^^

++

We'll start the game with a second Guardian.

++

The power just went off and I'm working on the laptop's limited battery (ARGH). Therefore any additional entries will be approved tomorrow!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

@ Valk : Both your characters are approved! ^^

++

We'll start the game with a second Guardian.

++

The power just went off and I'm working on the laptop's limited battery (ARGH). Therefore any additional entries will be approved tomorrow!
    Sabotage I'm working on a secondary character as we speak. If you want they can be a guardian.

Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Prinny Favorite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Sabotage I'm working on a secondary character as we speak. If you want they can be a guardian.
    Sure Rem! You're the one who's gonna play the character, so choose the role you want ^^

I'll have to start the RPG tomorrow, because of the power shortage and also to allow more peeps to join!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Sure Rem! You're the one who's gonna play the character, so choose the role you want ^^

I'll have to start the RPG tomorrow, because of the power shortage and also to allow more peeps to join!
    That's fine. They aren't finished anyway.

Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Prinny Favorite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I have updated the rules.

Ferals can have a second character as long as it's not another Feral.

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Silver Ribbon Four Leaf Clover Teal Ribbon
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2019 02:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aspirantgarde

Human name: Piers DeFoe
    Role: Guardian
    Description: Not very tall, around 5’7” or 5’8”, slender with some muscle mass but not bulky in the least. Piers has bluish-gray eyes and blond hair that comes down to his chin, parted on the side, hanging away from his eyes. He always wears a dress jacket over a blue turtleneck and black pants with black dress shoes. He is cheerful and humorous, but also serious when it comes to his job.

Bio: Piers entered the Army shortly after his graduation. Because of his stellar academic performance and high scores on military testing, he was given a position later in the Army as a psychological operations member. He remained active in training with the rest of his squadron in the field for four years until an event that changed his life occurred.

As his platoon was conducting mock field operations in a heavily forested area, Piers was assigned to perform recon on an isolated patch of forest for five hours alone, practicing for maneuvers that would be necessary in situations where manpower was limited. In doing so, Piers fell into what was once the foundation of a home that had been demolished. The very small basement of the old home still remained and had been covered with brush to make it appear like the rest of the forest floor. The basement, like many older homes, was deep despite its small area, too deep for Piers to climb out of, no matter how he tried. His radio broken due to the fall, he waited for seven hours to be discovered, two hours after he had failed to rendezvous with the rest of his platoon, prompting an immediate search.

During the night the moon’s rays slanted into the basement, casting bizarre shadows all around Piers. Despite his efforts to calm himself, reassuring himself of his overreaction to the shadows, noises seemed to echo around him as well, small, skittering noises. Though this was probably due to some creature that was just afraid of him as he was of it, Piers developed the extreme fear that would later become his nightmare.

Neither his superiors nor Piers himself knew the truth of what was going on inside his mind; nevertheless, just as all soldiers who suffer extreme sleep problems are discharged from service, so was Piers. Shortly after his discharge the nightmare made an appearance that occurred when Piers was not sleeping. His first emotion was extreme fear and disbelief…yet the appearance also reminded him that it was this very nightmare that had caused his promising job in the military to come to an abrupt end. Piers abandoned his fear and charged the extremely quick, amorphous black shadow and, to his surprise…it ran. The next time it appeared in a dream, Piers did the same thing. That was the last time his nightmare commanded any free will of its own, and now that it was defeated in and outside of Piers’s mind, Piers found that he had control over it. After being tracked by the guardians due to the information contained in his military discharge, he joined their cause with a great deal of resolve.

Piers has been controlling his nightmare for two years and has had several harrowing experiences combating other nightmares with the other guardians. He has worked in the psych ward of St. Birch Hospital (retaining what little semblance of his military career in psychological operations that he can) for the same amount of time. He is also a man of faith. Hearing the stories of some of the patients has caused him to suspect that others may exist who are suffering from similar nightmares…and there may also be some who have succeeded in controlling them. Frustrated by the lack of academic research concerning this phenomenon, Piers seeks to study it himself. Having a great deal of confidence in his ability due to his control over his nightmare, Skitters, Piers is on the hunt for information and on the lookout for loose nightmares, all the while hoping that he may find some to aid him in this endeavor.

Fear: Confined spaces with little light; strange noises accentuate this fear.

Nightmare name: Skitters

Appearance: Amorphous, black shape that usually stands upright at an unimpressive five feet, shorter than Piers himself. Extremely slender with no face, arms, or legs, Skitters appears to rise out of the ground itself. When Skitters darts back and forth his shape becomes even more amorphous, stretching out at times.

Strengths: Skitters is extremely quick and small, making him excellent at evading attacks. He can pick up many objects at a time, forming amorphous hands with his shape that is never quite definable, just small. The objects Skitters picks up can be hurled or swung with some force, but not an overwhelming amount. Though it seems that Skitters has no considerable amount of power, Piers uses his own intellect and Skitters’s speed to devise plans that hinge upon brains over brawn.

Weaknesses: Skitters is amazingly weak, and unless he has some object to pick up, he can’t be considered much of a threat. The most he can do with no objects around is trip and wear down an enemy with his speed. In truth, most humans are much more physically stronger than Skitters.
    Last edited by Cross Avantgarde; 05-26-2009 at 10:40 AM. Reason: "d" to "t" in "dress jacke(t)."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information