AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Touhou: The Memories of Phantasm

Banned Forum / Chat abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678's Avatar
    Gil
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2013 07:09 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Touhou: The Memories of Phantasm

So far this is the best Touhou based anime I've seen. It's got 2 awesome battles and lots of anime girls with magical powers. Final battle resulted in an enormous explosion (think DBZ battles). That was epic. Just before the opponent was defeated, she made a great understatement and said "I let my guard down, it seems." just before all the magical laser beams hit her (resulting in a massive explosion). That was one of the awesomest battles I ever saw in any anime, only topped by stuff in DBZ.

An interesting thing to note. This anime was done like a "silent film". The creators of it did no voices for the characters. Talking was done through Japanese-language subtitles. Then later some Japanese fans of this made their own fandub (yes I said DUB) so the characters now had voices. Also an English fansub has since been released so we English speakers could finally understand what was going on.

All in all, a GREAT ANIME!!!!! You should see it. I recommend it 5 out of 5 stars!

2. Likes DenjaX liked this post
    ☢ CAUTION!! ☢ CAUTION!! ☢ DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Ice Cream Scorpio Jack O Lantern
    Mentioned
    520 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-23-2016 06:02 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: sugarcoatedshit

Default Re: Touhou: The Memories of Phantasm

It is actually a very good anime considering the creators are just fans and don't belong to any big time anime studios. Though I was quite disappointed when the op song is so misleading and also I did not see Sakuya in action..... xDD

DON'T CLICK BELOW

^Link^

Banned Forum / Chat abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678's Avatar
    Gil
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You're a Sakuya fan?

☢ CAUTION!! ☢ CAUTION!! ☢ DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Ice Cream Scorpio Jack O Lantern
    Mentioned
    520 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-23-2016 06:02 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: sugarcoatedshit

Quote Originally Posted by abcdefgh12345678 View Post
    You're a Sakuya fan?
    Nope. Patchouli xDD

DON'T CLICK BELOW

^Link^

Senior Member andreline has a brilliant future andreline has a brilliant future andreline has a brilliant future andreline has a brilliant future andreline has a brilliant future andreline has a brilliant future andreline has a brilliant future andreline has a brilliant future andreline has a brilliant future andreline has a brilliant future andreline has a brilliant future andreline's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-08-2013 07:24 PM
    Threads

So far this is the best Touhou based anime I've seen. It's got 2 awesome battles and lots of anime girls with magical powers. Final battle resulted in an enormous explosion (think DBZ battles). That was epic. Just before the opponent was defeated, she made a great understatement and said "I let my guard down, it seems." just before all the magical laser beams hit her (resulting in a massive explosion). That was one of the awesomest battles I ever saw in any anime, only topped by stuff in DBZ.

An interesting thing to note. This anime was done like a "silent film". The creators of it did no voices for the characters. Talking was done through Japanese-language subtitles. Then later some Japanese fans of this made their own fandub (yes I said DUB) so the characters now had voices. Also an English fansub has since been released so we English speakers could finally understand what was going on.

All in all, a GREAT ANIME!!!!! You should see it. I recommend it 5 out of 5 stars!

This anime is really cool because Youmu was actually winning for 15 seconds against the plot armor enhanced Marissa~~Hail Youmu~~lol~By the way this anime was slient because the team made it know this would be a big hit and everyone in the Touhou community would watch it, which involves millions of people. And if its voiced, people will start arguing about which voice actress did well, which didnt or which fits for the charater which doesnt fit and it would be a mess. So they decided to leave it to the fans....this was written on their blog, they think every fan has their own best voice for every Touhou character something like that. I think another factor made them to decide to leave the anime silent is because they couldnt afford an awesome CV cast list like the other Touhou anime( summer something) did, which no one can complain about it~Making such nice art and good frame numbers cost a lot already.

Last but not least...so far Youmu appeared in every of the Memories of Phantasm series, all those PVs~~Muhahahahaha~~

Gil
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by andreline View Post
    This anime is really cool because Youmu was actually winning for 15 seconds against the plot armor enhanced Marissa~~Hail Youmu~~lol~By the way this anime was slient because the team made it know this would be a big hit and everyone in the Touhou community would watch it, which involves millions of people. And if its voiced, people will start arguing about which voice actress did well, which didnt or which fits for the charater which doesnt fit and it would be a mess. So they decided to leave it to the fans....this was written on their blog, they think every fan has their own best voice for every Touhou character something like that. I think another factor made them to decide to leave the anime silent is because they couldnt afford an awesome CV cast list like the other Touhou anime( summer something) did, which no one can complain about it~Making such nice art and good frame numbers cost a lot already.

Last but not least...so far Youmu appeared in every of the Memories of Phantasm series, all those PVs~~Muhahahahaha~~

How many episodes are in The Memories of Phantasm? So far I think there's just one, but there are other similar animes based on Touhou, and put out by the same group that did TMoP.

Senior Member andreline has a brilliant future andreline has a brilliant future andreline has a brilliant future andreline has a brilliant future andreline has a brilliant future andreline has a brilliant future andreline has a brilliant future andreline has a brilliant future andreline has a brilliant future andreline has a brilliant future andreline has a brilliant future andreline's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-08-2013 07:24 PM
    Threads

How many episodes are in The Memories of Phantasm? So far I think there's just one, but there are other similar animes based on Touhou, and put out by the same group that did TMoP.
    Theres just one eps so far...The others are just PVs

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information