AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Favourite Photography Accessories

May precipitate OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2018 11:48 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Favourite Photography Accessories

What are your favourite photography accessories or, even equipment?

As a whole, I rather like macro lenses.

Tru Fax: Princess Minako wrestled Jesus... and won

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Default Re: Favourite Photography Accessories

Tripod. I typically keep one in my car just in case I ever go somewhere and I need one. ^_^

oh and makeup brushes, I keep a pack of those in my bag. They help clean the dust off of the lens. I learned that trick from my Film Productions teacher.
    Last edited by blueangel06661; 12-14-2012 at 06:41 AM.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Senior Member T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Sushi2
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2016 10:43 AM
    Threads

Hmm I never really thought about accessories or equipment in terms of favourites, just what is most useful for the particular situation. But I do really like my Op/Tech straps. They have all sorts of different straps, harnesses, and connectors. I have what I think they call their uni-loops where all thier straps and such have the same connector which connects to quick connectors on the camera. Allows you to configure it for a multitude of things with simple quick connects. I have a nice neck strap, harness (that goes around the shoulder and not the neck which I really like), and two different style connectors for backpacks - one that clips to d-ring and another that clips to 1" webbing.

A remote shutter release / programmable interval timer is also a great tool in some situations. And of course a good tripod. I used a cheapie tripod forever, and recently it cost me a lot of money when one of my new lenses hit the ground. Thankfully the camera was not damaged (at least from what I can tell). A week later I had a new manfrotto 290, which while not like pro level is way more than I ever thought I'd spend on just a tripod, but now I see it was well worth it.

Hey Blue, I don't have any makeup brushes around! But for dust I just got one of those rocket looking air puffers, thought it would be best since you don’t have to touch the lens at all, but I haven’t really used it much yet.

Quote Originally Posted by OminousCloud View Post
    What are your favourite photography accessories or, even equipment?

As a whole, I rather like macro lenses.
    I'd love to get a nice macro for my new camera, I had an macro add on lens (perhaps it would properly be called a filter?) on my previous point-n-shoot which allowed for some really cool insect shots and things like that but it was very difficult to use with that camera. My canon 70-300 says its a macro but it just doesnt get that close IMO. But I have yet to see results for doing macro shots now that the lens has been serviced by canon, they changed out several things in the lens and so far it seems much improved than even before I broke it.
    Last edited by T-Stew; 12-14-2012 at 11:41 AM.
    ~ Tristan

teed's Puppy International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818's Avatar
    Gil
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2020 05:11 PM
    Threads

Either a 35mm or 50mm lens. They are versatile but then you can "free lens" and turn the lens around to make it into a macro lens for fun.

Junior Member yiledly is on a distinguished road yiledly's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2012 08:31 PM
    Threads

Lensbaby Composer. I’ve decided to call this post “My Very Favorite Photography Equipment” rather than “My Photography Equipment” for a reason. A very good reason. If I were to call it “My Photography Equipment” I’d have to show you ALL of my photography equipment. This means I’d have to lay all of my sins out in the open and come face-to-face with the reality of my addiction. This way, by simply showing you just a small handful of things I love, I can keep most of my sins packed away and hidden, and avoid admitting in this public forum that I have a problem.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information