AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gender roles and toys?

Banned Forum / Chat abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678's Avatar
    Gil
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2013 07:09 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Gender roles and toys?

Yes there is a debate about whether Toys R Us is going too far in their catalog in Sweeden. It shows kids, both male and female playing with various toys, and in many cases in opposite-from-expected gender stereotype. For example, it shows boys playing with kitchen sets and girls playing with Nerf guns. Here's a pic of the latter.

Do you think it's ok for toy companies to have catalogs with some gender reversals? Or do you think something to the effect of "Hope this ideology stays in Sweden, and NEVER comes to the US, cause on that day I'll shoot myself." or maybe "I'll NEVER let my kids play with opposite gender toys, cause I don't want them to become homo."?

Please reply and let me know what you think about this situation, and possibly if you have ever played with toys aimed at kids opposite your gender.

PS: Unrelated to the topic at hand, I have another question that I can't figure out. What currency is represented by the symbol :- and why are their so many of them (a few HUNDRED) needed to by a plastic Nerf gun.
    Last edited by abcdefgh12345678; 11-30-2012 at 01:31 AM.

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Default Re: Gender roles and toys?

We already know you're sexist and homophobic. There isn't much discussion to be had past that.

3. Likes DeathBlade/13.666, Jozette, I A liked this post
    how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Why am I not surprised VG posted the picture of the girl playing with NERF, and not a picture of the boy learning something that'll become genuinely useful for him during the 'between high-school and married' phase of a teenage college boy's life?

inb4VGdenyinghefappedtothis .

edit

Also girls aren't allowed to play with NERF guns? seriously? Tell that to my sister; she'll beat your arse with one because that's what she used to do to every kid in my village every. single. summer. when we all broke out on the NERF guns or the water guns.

Actually, tell that to my sister and she'll just straight up beat your arse. And good luck hitting her back.

Relevant screenshot is relevant.
    Last edited by Ranshiin; 11-30-2012 at 03:43 AM.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

5. Likes GameGeeks liked this post
    Banned Forum / Chat abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678's Avatar
    Gil
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Picture was FREAKING AWESOME cause it had a NERF GUN!

Also, why you call me VG?

Also one of the comenters on one of the news sites with this posted a link to this other similar news story:
    http://www.autostraddle.com/a-five-y...r-panic-65863/

LOL
    Last edited by abcdefgh12345678; 11-30-2012 at 04:40 AM.

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Videgamer555, ItsMeMario, UltimateMegaCannon, MegaAnimeFan View Post
    Also, why you call me VG?
    I quote fact.

And you're still stupid.

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin View Post
    I quote fact.

And you're still stupid.
    Fact indeed.

Anyhow am I the only kid around here who was absolutely girly. Played with barbies, had many dresses for dress up. But still liked to go outside and roll around in the dirt and play with toy trucks and cars. I played with whatever I wanted too. I also shot BB guns frequently at targets. Yeah, imagine a small girl shooting a BB gun for fun when I was too small for a real one.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Gil
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I quote fact.

And you're still stupid.

Where's your proof that I'm VG?

☆*:.。. UGUU .。.:*☆ nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Chibi Crisis Moon Compact 039 - Jigglypuff Neko Tv
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2013 01:50 PM
    Threads

0/10, that's not even radical

Presenting us with such common and not-at-all unbelievable opinions is not like you at all.
    are you running out of steam?

But don't get discouraged!
    Have some tea with biscuits, and try again later!

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by abcdefgh12345678 View Post
    Where's your proof that I'm VG?
    I think the stupid threads you're posting say enough, don't ya think?

Also the fact that you obviously know EXACTLY who he is, despite being a 'new member'.

/case

Senior Member Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2014 08:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

You guys are so bias, even if it is VG555 I thought this topic was good to discuss until Mac burned it down. None of this would have happened if someone such as myself made this thread.

I hope this becomes a more occurring thing. When I have my kids I plan to let thrm pick out there own clothes and toys, my son could be wearing a dress and playing with barbies and I would still love them, same with my daughter if she chooses to sear and play with more masculine things.
    人類は調和したのか?
    VY2V3 = Me | Kagamine Len Act 1 = You

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by a R b a c Y k View Post
    You guys are so bias, even if it is VG555 I thought this topic was good to discuss until Mac burned it down. None of this would have happened if someone such as myself made this thread.

I hope this becomes a more occurring thing. When I have my kids I plan to let thrm pick out there own clothes and toys, my son could be wearing a dress and playing with barbies and I would still love them, same with my daughter if she chooses to sear and play with more masculine things.
    Well yeah. If VG hadn't started this thread I would have taken it more seriously. But of course he DID start this thread, so blame him not me.

14. Dislikes Xeyuzio disliked this post
    Senior Member Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Well yeah. If VG hadn't started this thread I would have taken it more seriously. But of course he DID start this thread, so blame him not me.

That's called being bias.
    人類は調和したのか?

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That's called being bias.
    Even though @GameGeeks made the first post, so you're biased in blaming me for burning the thread down?

inb4biasedretort.

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    Fact indeed.

Anyhow am I the only kid around here who was absolutely girly. Played with barbies, had many dresses for dress up. But still liked to go outside and roll around in the dirt and play with toy trucks and cars. I played with whatever I wanted too. I also shot BB guns frequently at targets. Yeah, imagine a small girl shooting a BB gun for fun when I was too small for a real one.
    I dunno, my sister was mega-girly until she was like ... eight or nine. My younger sister was also mega-girly until roughly the same age ... now she's a huge drama queen.

How times change. o_o
    Last edited by Ranshiin; 11-30-2012 at 09:11 AM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Even though @GameGeeks made the first post, so you're biased in blaming me for burning the thread down?

inb4biasedretort.

I dunno, my sister was mega-girly until she was like ... eight or nine. My younger sister was also mega-girly until roughly the same age ... now she's a huge drama queen.

How times change. o_o
    I am not, GameGeeks never brought up that it was VG555, he gave his opinion on the over all thread.
    人類は調和したのか?

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I am not, GameGeeks never brought up that it was VG555, he gave his opinion on the over all thread.
    So it's okay for him to burn the thread because he didn't jibe on VG, just the thread, but because I jibed on both VG AND the thread I'm automatically Mr. Bond Villain?

OK, that's cool. That's totally not biased at all. That's totally logical and a perfect reason to jibe at me but not at GameGeeks even though I posted a continuation of his opinion.

Yeah, it's cool. No problem, bro.

Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

So it's okay for him to burn the thread because he didn't jibe on VG, just the thread, but because I jibed on both VG AND the thread I'm automatically Mr. Bond Villain?

OK, that's cool. That's totally not biased at all. That's totally logical and a perfect reason to jibe at me but not at GameGeeks even though I posted a continuation of his opinion.

Yeah, it's cool. No problem, bro.
    Oh wait, I just saw GameGeeks did refer to the author's reputation. That still doesn't excuse your bias, you helped derailed a thread, you should know better, you are a mod after all.
    人類は調和したのか?

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Oh wait, I just saw GameGeeks did refer to the author's reputation. That still doesn't excuse your bias, you helped derailed a thread, you should know better, you are a mod after all.
    And VG should know better than to post stupid threads, but hey. It's not like he has a history of doing this over and over and over or anything, right?

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

I'd just like to point out that you haven't posted ANYTHING relating to the topic of the thread except that one little blurb, but instead came in to attack Ranshiin..

Just...would...like..to..throw..that...out...

Now THAT'S what I call biased.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

22. Thanks DeathBlade/13.666 thanked for this post
    Likes Ranshiin, DeathBlade/13.666 liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

And VG should know better than to post stupid threads, but hey. It's not like he has a history of doing this over and over and over or anything, right?
    But this thread wasn't stupid.

@blueangel06661 Ha, I knew someone was going to bring that up, but at least I'm trying to bring this thread justice rather than crush it.
    人類は調和したのか?

Senior Member I A has a reputation beyond repute I A has a reputation beyond repute I A has a reputation beyond repute I A has a reputation beyond repute I A has a reputation beyond repute I A has a reputation beyond repute I A has a reputation beyond repute I A has a reputation beyond repute I A has a reputation beyond repute I A has a reputation beyond repute I A has a reputation beyond repute I A's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Chicken Present L Laptop
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-05-2012 05:34 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: LenKagamine14 Steam ID: YB_RolinaFeuerbach_15

Anyone who thinks there should be gender barriers should not go out into today's reality. I always loved "guy toys" when I was little, and even now I never wear skirts or anything.
    Sing from the soul

Musician | Otaku | Fujoshi | Gamer
    Groups:
    The League of Legends Coalition
    RPGs:
    Legends of Sakura
    ---
    Come join me in League of Legends

25. Likes Jozette, Xeyuzio liked this post
    Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

But this thread wasn't stupid.
    It is stupid when you take into account the sexist and homophobic remarks he just had to include.

27. Likes Ranshiin liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    It is stupid when you take into account the sexist and homophobic remarks he just had to include.
    But everything else was okay, he didn't even say them, he asked if that's what you would say because some people would answer like that (as sad as it is). Just ignore it, a whole entire thread shouldn't be brought down because of 10 or 20 words.
    人類は調和したのか?

AFs Cutest Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-22-2019 09:35 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I hate you mods for this reason you use your power incorrrectly and if people aren't in your tight cricle of "friends" then they get shunned or harassed. WHATS THE POINT OF A FORUM WITH NO FORUMERS? Everytime I log in you guys are bullying the people! Even if this thread was made by megaAnimeFan it should still be respected. Oh yeah @Ranshiin stap almost hashtagging!
    I'm sorry for going OT
    I was always a tomboy I used to stay away from girls due to the drama if that meant Playing with Boy stuff then okay second why are some toys boys and some girls I played with dolls and nerf guns. Also with new movies like hunger games girls would like to be like katniss.
    In reply to the thread
    hella

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

But everything else was okay, he didn't even say them, he asked if that's what you would say because some people would answer like that (as sad as it is). Just ignore it, a whole entire thread shouldn't be brought down because of 10 or 20 words.
    It should when it's done day in and day out by this guy. VG also does this in the blog section so I'm not going to take any thread he creates seriously. He's had his chances in the past and squandered them. Creating a new account doesn't wipe the slate clean.

@Jozette The Joker How are mods abusing their power?

31. Likes Ranshiin liked this post
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Jozette The Joker View Post
    I hate you mods for this reason you use your power incorrrectly and if people aren't in your tight cricle of "friends" then they get shunned or harassed. WHATS THE POINT OF A FORUM WITH NO FORUMERS? Everytime I log in you guys are bullying the people! Even if this thread was made by megaAnimeFan it should still be respected.
    Would you like to know a secrete.....

Mods are also members....

In fact.. We were members first.. And still are as far as I know..

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

33. Thanks Ranshiin thanked for this post
    Likes DeathBlade/13.666 liked this post
Closed Thread

Thread Information