AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: League of Legends IPL5 Esport event Nov. 29 - Dec. 2

Mayushii The Gullible IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2013 06:01 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default League of Legends IPL5 Esport event Nov. 29 - Dec. 2

So IPL5 is coming up on thursday the 29th and going all the way until sunday the 2th. League of Legends is one of the feautured games so I was wondering if there was any LoL Esports fans here? Cause this event is gonna be the biggest and best since Season 2 World Championships with attending teams such as Taipei Assasins, Azubu Blaze, Moscow 5, CLG EU, Fnatic, TSM and many many more!

Its gonna be really tough competition with a combined prize pool of $100.000!
    So if there is any fans here on AF we could talk about the teams, predictions, favorites etc. I really love this stuff ;D

For more information about the event and the schedule go here: http://www.ign.com/ipl/league-of-legends/ipl-5
    and: http://leaguepedia.com/wiki/IGN_ProLeague_Season_5

PS. The games start at 7pm PST and 4am CET on Thursday live from Las Vegas.
    Last edited by IluvAllison; 11-27-2012 at 07:25 AM.

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

Default Re: League of Legends IPL5 Esport event Nov. 29 - Dec. 2

For being a league of "legendz", I've never heard of any of the aforementioned. Not attending.

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

Mayushii The Gullible IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well obviously you're not attending, neither am I. The whole thing is gonna be streamed live tho to viewers all around the world. League of Legends is the most watched Esport in the world with a record of around 500k concurrent streaming viewers and thats not counting it being broadcasted on TV in Korea. Its a big deal and is very important for the growth of Esport.
    Last edited by IluvAllison; 11-27-2012 at 09:30 AM.

Senior Member Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Typewriter Dolphin Systems PS3
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-01-2014 08:48 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I love ESports too, but I do CoD. I've been to EGL 7 and 8. And I'm currently a ranked team in Frag Cup 4. I'll watch LoL, but I don't know much about the teams who are playing.

Gil
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    I love ESports too, but I do CoD. I've been to EGL 7 and 8. And I'm currently a ranked team in Frag Cup 4. I'll watch LoL, but I don't know much about the teams who are playing.
    Ahh you do CoD! I dont do CoD! ;P The only other Esport I have watched, and enjoyed, is SC2 even though I know nothing of it. And acually also Dota2 if its a big tourny like The International. What do you think, do you enjoy waching LoL Esports without knowing too much about the game and the teams playing?

Also a correction. The games start at 7pm CET and not 4am CET.

Senior Member Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mayushii View Post
    Ahh you do CoD! I dont do CoD! ;P The only other Esport I have watched, and enjoyed, is SC2 even though I know nothing of it. And acually also Dota2 if its a big tourny like The International. What do you think, do you enjoy waching LoL Esports without knowing too much about the game and the teams playing?

Also a correction. The games start at 7pm CET and not 4am CET.
    I know what's going on, just not the top teams. I know like Obey & EnVyUs pro LoL teams. It's crazy, I hear that the top 5 or so LoL teams are now gonna start being paid a salary. Housing, food, clothes, and etc all covered. And my mom said I couldn't make a living playing games. <_<

Starcraft 2 is pretty good, I'll play from time to time. Dota2 I just can't get into.

Gil
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    I know what's going on, just not the top teams. I know like Obey & EnVyUs pro LoL teams. It's crazy, I hear that the top 5 or so LoL teams are now gonna start being paid a salary. Housing, food, clothes, and etc all covered. And my mom said I couldn't make a living playing games. <_<

Starcraft 2 is pretty good, I'll play from time to time. Dota2 I just can't get into.
    Huh I have never heard of those teams lol. They must be amateur-pro or something. Yes starting in February in 2013 for Season 3 Riot Games will pay the top 8 teams of NA and the top 8 teams of Europe. I dont know the numbers but they will get salaries.

LoL pros who get asked about going pro often tell people to first finish high school at least. And dont jump in the boat of Esports with no backups. By all means try, but dont destroy all your other options in the pursuit of it.

Gil
    Cloud_9
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mayushii View Post
    Huh I have never heard of those teams lol. They must be amateur-pro or something. Yes starting in February in 2013 for Season 3 Riot Games will pay the top 8 teams of NA and the top 8 teams of Europe. I dont know the numbers but they will get salaries.

LoL pros who get asked about going pro often tell people to first finish high school at least. And dont jump in the boat of Esports with no backups. By all means try, but dont destroy all your other options in the pursuit of it.

Don't worry I'm a Marine. I'll have financial stability for the next 4 years.

Closed Thread

Thread Information