AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How'd you get into art?

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

Default How'd you get into art?

Pretty self explanatory. How'd you get into art/sigs/Graphic design/etc?

With sigs, I just thought they were cool, and wanted to make my own and wallpapers as well. Got Photoshop, made some rather terrible ones, until Serated, Balance, and Cante helped me get on the right track. Took a while but I got pretty good.

As for traditional, I went to school, had a drawing class (Rapid viz), and found out it was pretty cool. Forgot about it until we had a class on storyboarding, and fell in love with it all over again. Digital just came the same way, though we never had a class on tablets v_v

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Default Re: How'd you get into art?

Many years ago I just got into making anime signatures. Well first I had an anime website hosted on piczo? And then freewebs.. I started messing with HTML then designing my own layouts. After that I got into the signature business. Bought photoshop 6.0 in 7th or 8th grade, it was my best friend all the way up until I started college then I jumped to CS5.

I don't draw or paint. HOWEVER I am into film which is considered a part of visual arts. The interest in filmmaking began in 8th grade. I filmed all of my friends/classmates during school and edited them into cheesy music videos. I had no fear filming during school/classes =P. I really started filming because I was so mesmerized by one of my friends. They were always stunning and I just wanted to capture it. So I did. Turned out well for me, found my passion for years to follow. I've been fed up with how people create music videos for a long time now. The song tells a story by itself, the video is supposed to bring it to life. Lately everything has been so left field from the message the song carries. I'd like to bring storytelling back into the production process. I've worked as an extra on a real film set once during my senior year. It was cool. Ended up being in the movie too. Never saw it though..... Can't even remember the name... (I'm a horrible person)

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

3. Likes Bulf liked this post
    AFs Cutest Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-22-2019 09:35 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

=-= does cante make art? o-o
    I'm terrible but try often so I'm not quite into art But I try...
    hella

Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2016 06:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I've had my interest in art almost my whole life. When I was young, I had been a quiet kid and I didn't like to play outside a lot except draw, colour, paint-- you name it. I loved doing it. When I started going to preschool, I was picked on by a lot of kids because I didn't like to talk. I don't know, all I ever want to do was sit by myself and just draw things. You see, I had a large drawing pad my father gave me, I would draw a lot of Nickelodeon characters and Cartoon Network characters in that drawing pad. My parents knew I loved drawing but didn't have a chance to really look at my things until my mother was cleaning up my things and saw my drawings herself. Quoting from her, she said "I thought you traced it, until I saw you drawing it without reference". Then growing up, I continued drawing until I've got myself involved in Photoshop when I was 13. I started creating my own signatures by learning the program all on my own and I've learned so much from browsing through deviantart and also viewing others who also make signatures as well. My skills improved more when I went to a technical school back in my junior year in high school. I finished the program in my senior year and I've noticed my skills have improved a lot since I've attended the tech school that does commercial arts. Before I went to the tech school, I got myself involved in many art classes because I believe that I want to progress more and be involved with art in the future. Is it funny to say I took art class so seriously? xD I hated a lot of people who went to art class because they think it's easy and they want to pass. I got my art classes as my elective because I loved the subject and I want more experience than just to pass. Actually, it was more of a passion.

A while back, before going to college my parents and I asked what I wanted to do. I've told them I want to be a graphic designer and have a bachelors. I came from a family who are doctors, nurses, lawyers, engineers, teachers, etc. No one have a degree in the art field, or even have a full interest of it as much as I did. Well, my parents are looking at me like they would kill me and asked me why I wanted to do it. So, of course I told them I loved it. I want to live and die doing art of any kind. I have to make something, otherwise I'd lose my sanity. lol They expected me to be a nurse because of the job security and I would have higher pay, etc. They see that I had more opportunity being a nurse. As true as it is, being a nurse did not once occur in my mind, let alone being an interest for me. I've never took any major biology classes, science, etc. back in high school. None of those, I know what I wanted since elementary being some kind of an artist. So, in my head, I'm thinking like "did my parents woke up one day and decided what I should do?" I fight with them a lot of the issue. Make the long story short, I won and I'm in college getting a bachelor in graphic designing. I should finish by 2016 though. I think it's pretty sweet that I would be the the first one in my family to have some kind of a degree in the art field. I love it so much, I really love art from digital to traditional.

My whole goal after college, I want to work for someone in some company and during my spare time do freelance work. I'll marry a doctor, too. So I think I'll be settled in, right? :3

Senior Member Akiro has a reputation beyond repute Akiro has a reputation beyond repute Akiro has a reputation beyond repute Akiro has a reputation beyond repute Akiro has a reputation beyond repute Akiro has a reputation beyond repute Akiro has a reputation beyond repute Akiro has a reputation beyond repute Akiro has a reputation beyond repute Akiro has a reputation beyond repute Akiro has a reputation beyond repute Akiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Systems PS3
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-29-2013 07:54 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xThAkIdJxYx

Freshman year in High School. I went to a vocational school and I took graphic arts for my 4 years there. I used to draw really good totally suck now or the drive for me is gone haha. At first I was just messing around with PS CS3 didn't really get it. Then picked up a bit from there. I still don't think I'm that good lol I use GIMP now.

Sig made by myself Akiro

Sig made by my awesssssssome friend Bubblegumpop

"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Junior Member Maylion is on a distinguished road Maylion's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Gifts Sheep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2012 03:36 AM
    Threads

As a 5 year old child i had no friends to play with, so i locked myself up in my room every day to avoid becoming social with other kids. I've moved allot when i was younger so i never had friends longer than a year or two. I started watching Dragon Ball Z on Cartoon network and printed these images so i could just color them in. It started with one or two, and eventually ended up with me having my room covered with these dragon ball Z drawings. When i got older i tried to draw them myself over and over again, and that's how i started drawing. First i completely focused on Anime since of DBZ. After that i developed my own weird style and never stopped drawing.

It's in my fingers, and in my mind.. not sure why i am attracted to art. Maybe because it was my only friend when i needed one.

8. Likes Bulf liked this post
    Senior Member DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Heart Carrot Chilled Monkey Brains
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2013 03:50 PM
    Threads

Pretty much been into art my whole life.

when we lose our principles, we invite chaos. Circuitry has a brilliant future Circuitry has a brilliant future Circuitry has a brilliant future Circuitry has a brilliant future Circuitry has a brilliant future Circuitry has a brilliant future Circuitry has a brilliant future Circuitry has a brilliant future Circuitry has a brilliant future Circuitry has a brilliant future Circuitry has a brilliant future Circuitry's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon Decepticons 104 - Cubone
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2020 03:36 PM
    Threads

When I was younger, around the age of 3, I used to watch my mom and aunt draw all the time. Highly inspired by them, I motivated myself to practice sketching and from there I knew I really wanted to be an artist.. Oh! My dad had a big part of my artistic side due to his never ending stacks of DC comic books.

I think I was eight or nine when my aunt would often encourage and sometimes force me to draw with a tablet. Although I hated those 'long' thirty to forty minutes of practice, it was sooo worth it.
    Last edited by Circuitry; 01-15-2013 at 08:53 AM.

// remember the future.

Senior Member PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Crisis Mooncompact Mario 1-Up Mushroom Katana
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-23-2014 01:36 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

My dad was a professional artist and so was his mom, so naturally the first time I picked up a writing utensil, I got into art.

Senior Member Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-22-2013 02:37 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gyzra

It's in my fingers, and in my mind.. not sure why i am attracted to art. Maybe because it was my only friend when i needed one.
    -Maylion
    ^This. This just explained everything in my head that I couldn't seem to write down.
    I don't know how to say how I got into art, it would be like explaining how I learnt to breathe. I can't remember a time before art was in my life, and I hope it never leaves. It's the constant that keeps me sane while the world keeps changing.
    "The truth is far darker than you could ever imagine" -The Chronicles of Gyzra
    www.gyzra.com

Please give feedback on my artwork here so I can improve: http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...ighlight=gyzra
    Thank you. =]

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

i drew stick figures... and i saw sigs on this site.
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

Corrupted Data Inc. CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Cookie Ice Cream Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2014 09:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I read manga like Doraemon, Yuyu Hakusho, Dragon Ball and Sailormoon when I was 12. Then I started drawing. It was awful, lol. But I kept practising and I got better. When I got older, I lost interest in drawing.

Recently, I saw some awesome signatures and I want to try making one. My first signature was awful, again, lol. But I got better.

I get bored easily. That's why I never get any better with anything. ._.

>>Enter My World<<

Thanks to Ms Lucy for this awesome, funny gif.

The person that you are now is not the person that I used to know. You're becoming a stranger that I've never met before. Not liking the change though.

Member Blackberry has a reputation beyond repute Blackberry has a reputation beyond repute Blackberry has a reputation beyond repute Blackberry has a reputation beyond repute Blackberry has a reputation beyond repute Blackberry has a reputation beyond repute Blackberry has a reputation beyond repute Blackberry has a reputation beyond repute Blackberry has a reputation beyond repute Blackberry has a reputation beyond repute Blackberry has a reputation beyond repute Blackberry's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-18-2013 12:09 PM
    Threads

By watching anime's on tv ever since I was very young.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information