AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What sort of relationship do you have with your family?

Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2016 06:57 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: What sort of relationship do you have with your family?

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
    Wait, how do you mean won't accept you how you really are? While I can see Dr. Evil pissing off his grandma you seem pretty likeable.
    :] Like-able? My family wants me to behave in a different way, so I behave the way they want me to be around them only. When I'm with others, I'm being myself which is completely different than my own family. I kind of think it's funny, actually. Others would know me better than my own family.
    Not being all angsty but I kind of like it that way.

2. Likes Jasanime liked this post
    Mayushii The Gullible IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2013 06:01 AM
    Threads

And how well do you get along? Why?

I occasionally see snippets of people commenting on their families around here, so I'm curious.
    Well sunnyside after reading everyone else's stories you still havent published yours, go ahead, make my day! Hahaha ;D

4. Likes Jasanime liked this post
    SOS Brigade Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Be Mine 312 - Minun
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2023 08:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I have a very close relationship with my family. My mom and my sister and I are very close but my dad use to be very distant since he worked a lot. As my sister and I both graduated, he realized that we're growing up and he's growing old and so, he's making more of an effort to talk with us and see if we can come visit more often.
    On my dad's side of the family, from my sister to my one cousin, there are about 7 kids from age 23 to age 7. Those 7 kids are really close and my one cousin is only 5 months younger than me. My older cousins, I really don't connect with because I am ashamed to call them family because of their past actions. My oldest cousin is amazing but I don't see her that often since she lives on the other side of the country.
    On my mom's side of the family, I don't know them that well and I don't see them that often since they live on the other side of the country. I spent this past summer with one family from my mom's side and I nearly wanted to upchuck the teenager and sibling across the head. Unruly and disrespectful twits.

Every great work of art has two faces, one toward its own time and one toward the future, toward eternity.
    Daniel Barenboim

Here is my family!:
    lilminx: My awesome big sister!
    *Tsuki*: Awesome lil sister!
    Teddy2116:Cool big bro!
    Hikaru_Hitachiin: Cool older Brother!
    kirei-chan: Awesomo big sister!
    Serpentarius: Brother in law!

6. Thanks sunnyside thanked for this post
    Likes sunnyside liked this post
    Moderator Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Wine Kangaroo
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 04:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I am very close with my Mum and Dad. I spend many a Saturday night at their place, drinking by the fire with them. I have a younger sister whom I love, but we are VERY different and only get along when we don't see too much of each other! As for the rest (aunties, cousins etc.) I don't see much of them. Some of my cousins are lovely but I have nothing in common with any of them and I usually avoid big family get-together's because they eat a lot of meat and it makes me (a vegan) uncomfortable.

Then there's my own little family, my BF and our 2 dogs, who I ADORE!

8. Likes Thefringedninja liked this post
    Senior Member dinochan has a reputation beyond repute dinochan has a reputation beyond repute dinochan has a reputation beyond repute dinochan has a reputation beyond repute dinochan has a reputation beyond repute dinochan has a reputation beyond repute dinochan has a reputation beyond repute dinochan has a reputation beyond repute dinochan has a reputation beyond repute dinochan has a reputation beyond repute dinochan has a reputation beyond repute dinochan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-08-2013 08:18 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WindAero View Post
    You get criticized for everything you do in my house
    That my friend, sucks, though I know the feeling.

That just means you have to get them hooked :P

I've tried sunnyside but the only one I've managed to even partly convert is ny brother, but he's 8 so it doesn't help, much he mostly watches Bayblade, but i occasionaly convince him to watch Sgt. Frog with me! So that's something at least.

Moderator Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Wine Kangaroo
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 04:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dinochan View Post
    That my friend, sucks, though I know the feeling.

That just means you have to get them hooked :P

I've tried sunnyside but the only one I've managed to even partly convert is ny brother, but he's 8 so it doesn't help, much he mostly watches Bayblade, but i occasionaly convince him to watch Sgt. Frog with me! So that's something at least.
    Why would you want your family members to have the same interests/hobbies as you? I personally like to have something that is 'mine'.

Senior Member Hiro Of The Dark is on a distinguished road Hiro Of The Dark's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Soras Keyblade Paper Plane
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2013 08:25 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jasanime View Post
    Why would you want your family members to have the same interests/hobbies as you? I personally like to have something that is 'mine'.
    My mother is the only one who has convo's with me about anime. She won't even know what it is lol

12. Likes Thefringedninja, Jasanime liked this post
    Senior Member dinochan has a reputation beyond repute dinochan has a reputation beyond repute dinochan has a reputation beyond repute dinochan has a reputation beyond repute dinochan has a reputation beyond repute dinochan has a reputation beyond repute dinochan has a reputation beyond repute dinochan has a reputation beyond repute dinochan has a reputation beyond repute dinochan has a reputation beyond repute dinochan has a reputation beyond repute dinochan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-08-2013 08:18 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I am very close with my Mum and Dad. I spend many a Saturday night at their place, drinking by the fire with them. I have a younger sister whom I love, but we are VERY different and only get along when we don't see too much of each other! As for the rest (aunties, cousins etc.) I don't see much of them. Some of my cousins are lovely but I have nothing in common with any of them and I usually avoid big family get-together's because they eat a lot of meat and it makes me (a vegan) uncomfortable.

It gets a bit lonely, especialy when my sister makes fun of my anime. I truly dread the day she becomes a teenager, she's 12 right now, but she is extrodinaraly mean. Also I like to talk, alot, so when I want to talk anime, I've got no one who will talk with me about it. Despite popular belife (at my house any way) I'm still a very talkative person, I just don't have any one to talk to.
    Last edited by dinochan; 11-20-2012 at 04:11 PM.

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

I know the definition of family but I have no more idea what it's like in one.

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

Mayushii The Gullible IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.LeDoom! View Post
    I know the definition of family but I have no more idea what it's like in one.
    It's been that long eh?

¿Donde estás, papá? Sizary Momo has a reputation beyond repute Sizary Momo has a reputation beyond repute Sizary Momo has a reputation beyond repute Sizary Momo has a reputation beyond repute Sizary Momo has a reputation beyond repute Sizary Momo has a reputation beyond repute Sizary Momo has a reputation beyond repute Sizary Momo has a reputation beyond repute Sizary Momo has a reputation beyond repute Sizary Momo has a reputation beyond repute Sizary Momo has a reputation beyond repute Sizary Momo's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts V Guitar Cheshire Cat Fox
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2014 01:21 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Boofy-Stoofy Steam ID: Sizary_Momo

We have our moments...

Darling you'll be ok.❤ ~Pierce The Veil

17. Thanks sunnyside thanked for this post
    Likes Thefringedninja liked this post
    Moderator ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2017 07:39 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: the_wolfie

The relationship with my family is really good sometimes, then a bit strained at other times.
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Twin sister: Angella_Kagamine

19. Thanks sunnyside thanked for this post
    Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

What relationship? I killed them over a Cheeto years ago.

Senior Member Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2014 08:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I'm pretty sure we count as a dysfunctional family, anyway I try not to speak to them (or anyone for that matter) to avoid problems, they're pretty stupid. My younger brother has anger issues, is a pathologican liar, and isn't very intellegent, you can imagine how angry he gets when proven wrong and can't handle technology. My sister is dumb and she is diagnosed with bipolar disorder but when she's calm she's very nice, she's very open-mined (most of the time) and is just a very nice person. My mother is conservative and very ignorant, I get along with her half the time when she's not saying something stupid. My dad is also conservative but he's also pretty smart (I guess...), he's usually calm but sometimes he's mean. So yeah, I just try to stay away because I'm very blunt, and they don't like that, if I didn't we'd just argue all the time.

TL;DR

My parents argue a lot and my younger brother and older sister get along, my sister and I get along half the time, my brother and I don't, I hardly get along with my parents, my siblings do.
    人類は調和したのか?
    VY2V3 = Me | Kagamine Len Act 1 = You

22. Thanks sunnyside thanked for this post
    Senior Member Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2013 04:52 AM
    The land of hockey, beer, and a plague of corny stereotypes. Oh Canada.
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Esh. I'm curious why you guys think your relationships worked out that way? Something obvious like some of the other posters mentioned (drugs and alcohol for example) or just a sort of drifting apart and you aren't sure why things came out that way.
    The main spike that drove itself between myself and my parents was a really forced, traditional, Southeastern Asian type (or perhaps immigrant parental), "high pressure, not allowed to fail" mentality I had been drowning in from around the town I hit puberty onwards. I went through the atypical "RAWR I HATE YOU WHY DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND" phase from 13-18ish that many do. I'm not as outspokenly bitter as I used to be (perspective is a funny thing when you're like, 15) but I never formed any real, intimate back and forth with either of them. My mother in particular also has a tendency to gossip a lot, which started a ton of senseless drama with whatever few extended family we had in a 200km radius. My dad just works out of the country a lot (maybe 5-6 days of the week) and he cares about me, but it's difficult to bond with that degree of absence. And again, I'm an only child, so I didn't have any bickering or the extra voice in the home.

This comes off way darker and maybe indfferent of me than I intended to. By nature I'm an introvert as well so things just kind of combined into a quiet, murmured "Mornin''" and "G'night" type relationship with my parents. I've never told either I love them, or hugged/kissed them for that matter. No resentment, just a whole lot of meh.

--------------------------------------------

Yoo Jaesuk. Korea's loveable fool.
    --------------------------------------------
    Awesomely in your face set by Tatty!

"“All he could have; I made him just and right, sufficient to have stood, though free to fall.” - John Milton

24. Thanks sunnyside thanked for this post
    Banned Forum / Chat Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D's Avatar
    Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-02-2013 01:04 PM
    But somehow you find me incredibly charming.
    Threads

My family is either dead or hates me.

26. Thanks sunnyside thanked for this post
    Senior Member Akiro has a reputation beyond repute Akiro has a reputation beyond repute Akiro has a reputation beyond repute Akiro has a reputation beyond repute Akiro has a reputation beyond repute Akiro has a reputation beyond repute Akiro has a reputation beyond repute Akiro has a reputation beyond repute Akiro has a reputation beyond repute Akiro has a reputation beyond repute Akiro has a reputation beyond repute Akiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Systems PS3
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-29-2013 07:54 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xThAkIdJxYx

They're all right does have its ups and downs though!

Sig made by myself Akiro

Sig made by my awesssssssome friend Bubblegumpop

"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mayushii View Post
    Well sunnyside after reading everyone else's stories you still havent published yours, go ahead, make my day! Hahaha ;D
    I actually get along very well with my family, I sorta I had that "good older brother" thing going. Probably should have been a bit more rebellious, but on the other hand I suppose I feel good about being nice to my mom now that she's gone.

My wife is crazy but she's fun and I love her :P And, to her annoyance, I get along better with her relatives than she does.

I've got two daughters (5 and 3) who are absolutely adorable and go nuts and leap into my arms when I come home from work....but I'm horrified of how all that might change as they get older, whish I guess might be part of why I started this thread (beyond just being curious).

Quote Originally Posted by Seung-li View Post
    :] Like-able? My family wants me to behave in a different way, so I behave the way they want me to be around them only. When I'm with others, I'm being myself which is completely different than my own family. I kind of think it's funny, actually. Others would know me better than my own family.
    Not being all angsty but I kind of like it that way.
    Hurm. I'm still not following. Oh hey you have a blog...*reads*

Well, first, sorry for your losses, looks like it's been a tough year. Still, I'm not quite seeing what you might be talking about. Maybe some sort of cultural thing regarding your mannerisms?

Or is it that you want to talk about your art and sexy time with your fiancee and they only want to hear about you being a nurse and chastity and so you have to edit your comments?

You get criticized for everything you do in my house
    I run into that feeling quite a bit (including the professional world). I'm starting to develop a theory though. Is it really that you get criticized for everything, or is it their selection of what to talk about. Meaning that you do hundreds of things every day, so something isn't going to have been done optimally.

So at the end of the day they could talk about something positive or maybe one of the dozens of things you did well, but instead they're going to bring up that something that wasn't done to their liking.

It gets a bit lonely, especialy when my sister makes fun of my anime. I truly dread the day she becomes a teenager, she's 12 right now, but she is extrodinaraly mean. Also I like to talk, alot, so when I want to talk anime, I've got no one who will talk with me about it. Despite popular belife (at my house any way) I'm still a very talkative person, I just don't have any one to talk to.
    Dawww. Well at least you've got us to type to about that

Those two might come around to anime (or something you like), maybe don't push it too hard with the tween.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowriverrun View Post
    Well, that depends on what you would consider family.
    Now if you're meaning my parents and siblings, then we have an great relationship.
    But, there's the rest of my family of whom I hardly have any contact with.
    Then again, nobody's family is truly normal!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkangiel View Post
    I have have a pretty good relationship with my immediate family. Of course my brother can be a bit douche-y, but he's still my brother.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkrider21 View Post
    il be honest i love my mom sisters nieces and nephews
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonMoon View Post
    I love my family. I have a big family, and I love them all. It's true that they have their vices, but I still love them weaknesses and all. I get along well with everyone of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by OminousCloud View Post
    My family is pretty close, we're very open with each other and there aren't many secrets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Velvet_Nightmare View Post
    I love my mom, stepdad, brother, and everybody on my dad's side of the family.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenshimaka View Post
    I'm a bit different to my family but I'm still close to my Mam, brother and sister.
    I love my mom, dad and sister, we get on well with each other.

Actually, since it seems like bad relationships are more common than good ones, is there any reason why you think you have a loving relationship with your families? Something that you or they did? Just lucky?

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

It's been that long eh?
    That, and you could say I gave up on family (and vice-versa) earlier in my life.

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

Gil
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I've got two daughters (5 and 3) who are absolutely adorable and go nuts and leap into my arms when I come home from work....but I'm horrified of how all that might change as they get older, whish I guess might be part of why I started this thread (beyond just being curious).
    Ohh please tryyy not to worry about the future, their teenage days are long away. For now just enjoy them the way they are ;> Its impossible to tell how they are gonna grow up.

Senior Member Hiro Of The Dark is on a distinguished road Hiro Of The Dark's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Soras Keyblade Paper Plane
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2013 08:25 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I actually get along very well with my family, I sorta I had that "good older brother" thing going. Probably should have been a bit more rebellious, but on the other hand I suppose I feel good about being nice to my mom now that she's gone.

My wife is crazy but she's fun and I love her :P And, to her annoyance, I get along better with her relatives than she does.

Hurm. I'm still not following. Oh hey you have a blog...*reads*

Well, first, sorry for your losses, looks like it's been a tough year. Still, I'm not quite seeing what you might be talking about. Maybe some sort of cultural thing regarding your mannerisms?

Or is it that you want to talk about your art and sexy time with your fiancee and they only want to hear about you being a nurse and chastity and so you have to edit your comments?

I run into that feeling quite a bit (including the professional world). I'm starting to develop a theory though. Is it really that you get criticized for everything, or is it their selection of what to talk about. Meaning that you do hundreds of things every day, so something isn't going to have been done optimally.

So at the end of the day they could talk about something positive or maybe one of the dozens of things you did well, but instead they're going to bring up that something that wasn't done to their liking.

Dawww. Well at least you've got us to type to about that

Those two might come around to anime (or something you like), maybe don't push it too hard with the tween.

Actually, since it seems like bad relationships are more common than good ones, is there any reason why you think you have a loving relationship with your families? Something that you or they did? Just lucky?
    Nope your pretty much criticized

32. Thanks sunnyside thanked for this post
    Senior Member Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Dr Who K9 Rainbow Ribbon Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2014 10:27 AM
    Threads

And how well do you get along? Why?

I occasionally see snippets of people commenting on their families around here, so I'm curious.
    I used to get REALLY pissed off at how over-protective my parents were, but since I've gone to university my relationship with them has changed quite a bit.
    My sister used to annoy me so much, but I find that I miss her a lot now that I don't see her every week.
    Also, university has made me realise that my brother and I are so similar in most ways. He's like my spirit animal xD

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

Don't worry, you can talk to us!
    I was the same during secondary school (aged 11-16), but once you get to college I think you'll meet more like-minded people.
    You should try and find anime clubs (if there are any) around you!

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

My mother is the only one who has convo's with me about anime. She won't even know what it is lol
    Parents generally don't get anime xD
    My mum just stared at my Bleach poster when she visited my dorm the other week. I love her, she's so clueless! xD
    ~Favourite Anime/manga~
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Death Note
    Sekaiichi Hatsukoi
    Junjou Romantica
    Naruto Shippuuden
    Bleach
    Hetalia
    Code Geass
    Fruits Basket
    D-GrayMan
    Hourou Musuko Wandering Son
    Sora to Hara
    Kuroko no Basuke
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Currently reading: Bleach and Naruto Ship, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kuroko no Basuke.
    Currently watching: Space Brothers, Golden Time, Kuroko no Basuke, Silver Spoon, Magi and Mobile Suit Gundam.

34. Thanks sunnyside thanked for this post
    Senior Member PhantomPhD has a reputation beyond repute PhantomPhD has a reputation beyond repute PhantomPhD has a reputation beyond repute PhantomPhD has a reputation beyond repute PhantomPhD has a reputation beyond repute PhantomPhD has a reputation beyond repute PhantomPhD has a reputation beyond repute PhantomPhD has a reputation beyond repute PhantomPhD has a reputation beyond repute PhantomPhD has a reputation beyond repute PhantomPhD has a reputation beyond repute PhantomPhD's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts 054 - Psyduck
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-21-2012 02:02 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Overall its alright. My family doesn't particularly favor my dad because hes pretty arrogant, mean and bad-tempered. But overall we get along somewhat. My brothers gay, my sisters a potsmokin hipster, i don't know what i am. My parents are recently separated, wanting a divorce. We still get along, although my dad moved out of this house he still comes by often to be with us. We don't have a bad relationship at all, although recently my dad and i had a physical spat because he thought i was coming at him offensively so we pretty much fought and he kicked me. Which a parent should never do so i was very pissed at him. Wow look at me venting lol. Okay basically my family isn't that bad.

36. Thanks sunnyside thanked for this post
    Senior Member Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Dr Who K9 Rainbow Ribbon Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2014 10:27 AM
    Threads

I know that feel. My dad eats SO much meat. Literally at every meal. But he's a really kind guy.
    My mum always makes an effort to not eat meat when we eat out together though, as she used to be veggie.

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhD View Post
    Overall its alright. My family doesn't particularly favor my dad because hes pretty arrogant, mean and bad-tempered. But overall we get along somewhat. My brothers gay, my sisters a potsmokin hipster, i don't know what i am. My parents are recently separated, wanting a divorce. We still get along, although my dad moved out of this house he still comes by often to be with us. We don't have a bad relationship at all, although recently my dad and i had a physical spat because he thought i was coming at him offensively so we pretty much fought and he kicked me. Which a parent should never do so i was very pissed at him. Wow look at me venting lol. Okay basically my family isn't that bad.
    That sounds tough, I'm sorry
    But we all lose our temper at times and your dad is probably finding it excruciating going through the divorce and all.
    You should sit down and talk to him about it...I'm sure he feels really bad about it.
    ~Favourite Anime/manga~
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Death Note
    Sekaiichi Hatsukoi
    Junjou Romantica
    Naruto Shippuuden
    Bleach
    Hetalia
    Code Geass
    Fruits Basket
    D-GrayMan
    Hourou Musuko Wandering Son
    Sora to Hara
    Kuroko no Basuke
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Currently reading: Bleach and Naruto Ship, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kuroko no Basuke.
    Currently watching: Space Brothers, Golden Time, Kuroko no Basuke, Silver Spoon, Magi and Mobile Suit Gundam.

38. Likes Jasanime liked this post
    Kind boy/Nanobyte's minion Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Uranus Henshin Pen Pen Coffee
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2022 11:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Mystelinth

Well you see, 60% of my family is a sport freak.. and im not. Sooo with 60% of my family i don't have a thing in common haha. Except for being family. As for the rest... well they're interests are closer to mine but still not so much.

To say it in short.
    I don't do anything with my family lol except for coming over to visit sometimes haha.

40. Thanks sunnyside thanked for this post
Closed Thread

Thread Information