AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How did You... Anime?

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

Default Re: How did You... Anime?

Original Toonami really. Then adult swim.

I think I just described every 90's kid in a single post.

Member Tenshimaka has a reputation beyond repute Tenshimaka has a reputation beyond repute Tenshimaka has a reputation beyond repute Tenshimaka has a reputation beyond repute Tenshimaka has a reputation beyond repute Tenshimaka has a reputation beyond repute Tenshimaka has a reputation beyond repute Tenshimaka has a reputation beyond repute Tenshimaka has a reputation beyond repute Tenshimaka has a reputation beyond repute Tenshimaka has a reputation beyond repute Tenshimaka's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Soul Eater Soul Soul Eater Logo Jigsaw Ribbon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2013 07:12 AM
    Threads

I guess I've always been into anime before I knew what the word was, Pokemon & Sailor moon were my favorite shows as a child. As for the show that allowed me to discover anime, that would be Tokyo Mew Mew. I was ill at home and I came across the dubbed version on the TV I became hooked and started watching every episode everyday, however I realized that it seemed to stop part-way into the series so I looked it up online, to find it was Japanese and called Anime I decided to watch the Japanese version so I could see the ending and I completely and utterly fell in love with it, afterwards I went hunting for more Japanese anime and I guess the rest is obvious.

Normal? What's normal? To only do what the masses do? And what is the benefit of that? Where is the problem in adopting a custom that is 'abnormal' if it has no negative affect on the world at large?
    ~ Ichihara Yuuko

Senior Member sabishii1/2 has a reputation beyond repute sabishii1/2 has a reputation beyond repute sabishii1/2 has a reputation beyond repute sabishii1/2 has a reputation beyond repute sabishii1/2 has a reputation beyond repute sabishii1/2 has a reputation beyond repute sabishii1/2 has a reputation beyond repute sabishii1/2 has a reputation beyond repute sabishii1/2 has a reputation beyond repute sabishii1/2 has a reputation beyond repute sabishii1/2 has a reputation beyond repute sabishii1/2's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Eva NERV Gemini Valkyrie Patch
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2013 02:09 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

N.G.E Neon Genesis Evangelion and Vision of Escaflowne

Senior Member GaHoolianGirl100 has a reputation beyond repute GaHoolianGirl100 has a reputation beyond repute GaHoolianGirl100 has a reputation beyond repute GaHoolianGirl100 has a reputation beyond repute GaHoolianGirl100 has a reputation beyond repute GaHoolianGirl100 has a reputation beyond repute GaHoolianGirl100 has a reputation beyond repute GaHoolianGirl100 has a reputation beyond repute GaHoolianGirl100 has a reputation beyond repute GaHoolianGirl100 has a reputation beyond repute GaHoolianGirl100 has a reputation beyond repute GaHoolianGirl100's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2014 12:29 AM
    That grey spot in between sanity and insanity
    Threads

I watched Naruto,Pokémon and Inuyahsa when I was younger,but I had no clue that they were animes.Oh,how I loved Naruto.I was always routing for Hinata!

The reason I am HERE (by that I mean having gotten into anime for it being anime,an dbeing obsessed with it)however,is because of my desire to have friends.I shall reiterate as story that I have posted many times:

In seventh and sixth grade,there was this girl,Kimberly,who had always semed interesting,but we had nothing in common.I always heard and her friends talking about countries as if they were people,so I asked her about it.She said "Its from a really awesome anime called Hetalia.You should totally check it out!"

I did.I watched.I became obsessed.I gained several new friends,watched several new anime which now are my life,and have become an all around more open person (for example,you literally couldn't pay me to swear,but now I'll swear at you!).The next anime I watched was Kaichou Ha Maid-Sama,then Clannad.Time went on,and I became an anime fangirl.And I found this site,and am happily aquainted with you all now!
    Last edited by GaHoolianGirl100; 11-20-2012 at 08:43 PM.
    I wen poof for awhile, huh? Sorry, I guess I just kinda...dropped off. School started.

When now I'm back, have more anime under my belt, and am ready to join you all again.

5. Likes dinochan liked this post
    Senior Member Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Tiger Basketball Black Beauty LesPauls
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-31-2014 08:25 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I think that was the first time Animax came up on my TV. I was bored that time I suddenly changed to that channel. It was showing Gakuen Alice. I didn't know how but later I got really hooked up on anime. The first two anime I watched was Cardcaptor Sakura and Jigoku Shoujo, until now it brings me so many memories... T^T
    May peace bestow this world,
    May our hearts unite.
    Life may not be smooth as pearl,
    But pray for our decisions to be always right.

Life may be hard, it's a big pain in the butt. But hey, who says behind all those pain, can't hide some happiness ?

Member lisauntie is on a distinguished road lisauntie's Avatar
    Gil
    Sick
    Gifts Orange Dango Ice Ornament
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-03-2013 10:49 AM
    Threads

hehehehe.... *blushes*

Well actually, my 2 best friends were always talking about "vampire knight" and "death note" and the like, and I got sooo annoyed by it. I knew who was going to die and who was the better guy and was taught words like bishie and kawaii, without me wanting to...

Then one day when they were reading volume 1 of vampire knight, I took the book and started reading it (which was really easy, I immediately understood how to do it), and didn't stop... And there we are, an anime/manga fan was born

Kind boy/Nanobyte's minion Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Uranus Henshin Pen Pen Coffee
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2022 11:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Mystelinth

Was watching TV a year ago and then i saw this show called Inazuma Eleven which is directed at kids... i guess. Then i thought by myself, good lord there is fire coming from that football.

So i searched up what that was called... found out it was anime.. searched for anime recommendations... watched Death Note, and here i am 1 year later. Spending alot of time on it. xD

Junior Member 2CHUU4U is an unknown quantity at this point 2CHUU4U's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-27-2012 08:31 AM
    Threads

One of my boyfriend's friends made me watch it, and then I found out, that I actually liked it ^^

Knight of Justice... except not Folter has a brilliant future Folter has a brilliant future Folter has a brilliant future Folter has a brilliant future Folter has a brilliant future Folter has a brilliant future Folter has a brilliant future Folter has a brilliant future Folter has a brilliant future Folter has a brilliant future Folter has a brilliant future Folter's Avatar
    Gil
    Suspicious
    Gifts Bleach Ichigo Mask Dr Who SonicScrewdriver
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2016 05:50 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Kingoftorture

Well when I was younger I would watch pokemon and naruto, eventually i moved on to Full Metal Alchemist but was never hooked on anime until I started watching more of the toonami shows. Then I found the wonder of anime on the internet and have been hooked ever since.

Senior Member Maki the contractor has a reputation beyond repute Maki the contractor has a reputation beyond repute Maki the contractor has a reputation beyond repute Maki the contractor has a reputation beyond repute Maki the contractor has a reputation beyond repute Maki the contractor has a reputation beyond repute Maki the contractor has a reputation beyond repute Maki the contractor has a reputation beyond repute Maki the contractor has a reputation beyond repute Maki the contractor has a reputation beyond repute Maki the contractor has a reputation beyond repute Maki the contractor's Avatar
    Gil
    Worried
    Gifts Popsicle Cookie Ramen
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-25-2015 09:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

for me it was naruto that got me into anime. i don't watch it anymore though. i've moved on
    "I would destroy this city or anything else she asked"

Maki the Contractor

Senior Member ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2024 08:26 PM
    Threads

When I was a child, I did see Robotech, Flying House, Voltron, and Super Book, but had no conscience awareness that they were from Japan. Then during a trip to The Philippines in winter break of 1994/1995, all my cousins were telling me about Dragon Ball Z and how it was the hottest thing from Japan. I watched the episode where Android 18 man handles Vegeta and it totally amazed me and I became a fan ever since.
    Check out my anime reviews at: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/users/hajimenojmo[/URL] and http://blog.honeyfeed.fm/

Senior Member elisaelisa is a name known to all elisaelisa is a name known to all elisaelisa is a name known to all elisaelisa is a name known to all elisaelisa is a name known to all elisaelisa is a name known to all elisaelisa's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-27-2013 07:41 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Sort of random for me. Just happened to stumble by it in tv when i was a little kid, didnt like it much then, but went back to it when became teenager
    Must love the AncientTechReborn's Dubstep and other apps
    AnientTechReborn FTW!

Always sunny day where i am

Banned Forum / Chat meganpu is on a distinguished road meganpu's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2013 12:51 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I start to love anime from inuyasha, too. in inuyasha, i like shippo most.

Senior Member KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Gifts Trollface Mario Fire Flower
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2013 04:01 AM
    Threads

My first anime was FLCL :] It was recommended to me by an older friend who said I looked like the main character... at the time I was 10, the main character was 12, so I idolized him a bit

☆*:.。. UGUU .。.:*☆ nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Chibi Crisis Moon Compact 039 - Jigglypuff Neko Tv
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2013 01:50 PM
    Threads

Hentai

Senior Member GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Piano
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2018 07:35 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: tOSUguy2002

Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Junior Member yumyum is on a distinguished road yumyum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-01-2013 11:42 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: cassiousmarie92

They had just built a Barnes and Noble in my town,
    A relative had decided to take me in order get me out of my mothers hair,
    I was luck enough to walk pass one of the end caps with a few mangas on it and my attention was caught.

Senior Member rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch's Avatar
    Gil
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2014 05:35 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lots of bits PSN ID: rf_switch Steam ID: lotsofbits

Well I did that whole thing as a kid where you see Anime but don't know it's Anime or it came from Japan. I watched quite a bit of Robotech and Voltron. Oh and Saber Riders, Can't forget about that. Oh Mysterious Cities of Gold, even though that was a French and Japanese collaboration.

Anyway, A bit later when I was a teenager I had a friend who was older and we stopped by a comic shop to see a friend of his so he could borrow a fansubbed version of Akira. Went back to his place, watched it and I got into it there. That would lead me to start renting things like Patlabor, Project A-ko, Dominion Tank Police from places like Blockbuster.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Considering the thread is bumped and I forgot to address this:
    @Equilibrium

That's not Madara.

Member petitefeet is on a distinguished road petitefeet's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Tori Gate Red Stapler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2013 10:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: petitefeet79

Sailor Moon as a child, and then I was reintroduced to it through a friend who brought over Akira. Not long after, I discovered Adult Swim, and it was on from there.

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Fifteen years ago! Been watching since I was real young. I believe I recently topped 2000 animes watched (not completed but watched). Okami San being my most recent.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

AF Lurker Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Snowman Hedgehog Pocky
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2018 06:17 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Zainox-

I used to watch Pokemon and Dragonball Z as a kid, but I never knew them as 'anime'. It was till I hit midway through highschool, I saw people making AMV's with anime that wasn't shown on TV. Thinking it looked awesome, I looked into it and have ever since been hooked. :3

MY ANIME-PLANET WATCH LIST

AF FAMILY
    Astral_Mage - Younger Brother/Confetti Brother
    horrendous - Older Brother
    1nterest1ng - Confetti Brother

Junior Member Ethreal is on a distinguished road Ethreal's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2013 04:10 AM
    if you need to ask then you don't need to know :)
    Threads

the very first time I saw anything anime was when I was 8 I think, I was flicking through the channels and just happened on the last 5 minutes of the final episode of the first story ARC of Dragon Ball Z. anime has been a life long love ever since

Senior Member モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫's Avatar
    Gil
    Wasted
    Gifts Ouran Patch Baka Death Note
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-08-2013 06:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: otakuforever

It started out in 5th grade when there was a book fair in our school. ♥

There was a really cute book on the shelf called Ultra Maniac. So I take it and I read it, and it was cool. Though I was confused on how the Manga was read from right to left.

So I ended up stealing the book, and buying the rest of the series later, then I watched the Anime.

5 years past and I'm still attached to Anime :3

Senior Member darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Decepticons Leo AK47
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2014 04:00 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: darkwolf1911

i was walking about the media sexion of my local library found an anime called fruits basket and i decided to give it a watch becouse of the odd name and bingo i loved it
    live life to the fullest because you are not guarantied a tomorrow

Closed Thread

Thread Information