AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Well, did ya?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 41.38%
  • No

17 58.62%
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Did YOU vote today?

Senior Member Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Hattori Hanzo Steel Soul Eater Soul Hattori Hanzo Steel
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-04-2019 03:35 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Silicone Kingdom

Kyo didn't vote.. kyo was making waffles so... politics don't matter c:

Senior Member Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2014 08:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Did YOU vote today?

Quote Originally Posted by Project Genesis View Post
    Agreed. People that say 'you can't complain if you didn't vote' don't realize that the election was decided long ago by the people that own America. Not us. I think what makes it even more sad is they raised nearly two billion dollars for the election when there are people in the country that are sick and starving.
    You shouldn't, don't be a hypocrite, the only reason you shouldn't vote is if you absolutely could not. Everyone should learn from Token, he waited for two hours to vote, because it can help decide his future. See, the problem is that there are so many of you that think that way that it does make a difference when a whole bunch of you decide "I'm not going to vote". Also all that money that was spent on election probably went back into our economy as well, you know?
    Last edited by Xeyuzio; 11-07-2012 at 05:37 PM.
    人類は調和したのか?
    VY2V3 = Me | Kagamine Len Act 1 = You

Moderator Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Wine Kangaroo
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 04:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

In Australia, voting is compulsory. IT SUCKS BALLS!!!

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arbacyk View Post
    You shouldn't, don't be a hypocrite, the only reason you shouldn't vote is if you absolutely could not. Everyone should learn from Token, he waited for two hours to vote, because it can help decide his future. See, the problem is that there are so many of you that think that way that it does make a difference when a whole bunch of you decide "I'm not going to vote". Also all that money that was spent on election probably went back into our economy as well, you know?
    Actually, I was talking on Xbox Live to someone who has the same opinion (or knowledge?) of him.

Where he was saying that the whole election thing is just to keep everyone happy and that really the President is decided through ... I can't remember his words, but government-senatey-place people. Like he claimed that during the Bush vs. whoever-it-was-at-the-time elections apparently the votes were against Bush, but the white house/senators/whatever decided amongst themselves to vote Bush in, thus he won the election.

"And thus we had America's first retarded President." his final words, not mine.

... obviously I know nothing about politics so I can't prove or debunk what my friend told me but it wouldn't surprise me if he really was right. Bit like X Factor then, innit? We as a people are just led to believe we have a say in who runs what so that we're happy, believe we are important and can influence what is important and ... generally prevent us from rioting (like what happened in summer 2011 over here).

.... Otherwise, tl;dr me. I don't care. It's 2 a.m. and I'm about to go sleep.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Senior Member Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2014 08:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin View Post
    Actually, I was talking on Xbox Live to someone who has the same opinion (or knowledge?) of him.

Where he was saying that the whole election thing is just to keep everyone happy and that really the President is decided through ... I can't remember his words, but government-senatey-place people. Like he claimed that during the Bush vs. whoever-it-was-at-the-time elections apparently the votes were against Bush, but the white house/senators/whatever decided amongst themselves to vote Bush in, thus he won the election.

"And thus we had America's first retarded President." his final words, not mine.

... obviously I know nothing about politics so I can't prove or debunk what my friend told me but it wouldn't surprise me if he really was right. Bit like X Factor then, innit? We as a people are just led to believe we have a say in who runs what so that we're happy, believe we are important and can influence what is important and ... generally prevent us from rioting (like what happened in summer 2011 over here).

.... Otherwise, tl;dr me. I don't care. It's 2 a.m. and I'm about to go sleep.
    I don't know much about Bush and Al Gore but I'm pretty sure my American Government teacher said that was the first time our government had decided our president, I think Al Gore had the popular vote and Bush had the electoral vote. I think the Senators are supposed to send in the electoral votes based on the popular votes, obviously this didn't happen in the 2000 election but most of the time it is determined by the people, or so I can only hope.
    人類は調和したのか?
    VY2V3 = Me | Kagamine Len Act 1 = You

Banned Forum / Chat Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D's Avatar
    Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-02-2013 01:04 PM
    But somehow you find me incredibly charming.
    Threads

The problem is you get two people to choose from. You can't become a presidential candidate without being endorsed by two of the major parties which give you billions of dollars to use as a budget. Then you have all the media corporations which are owned by most of the private interest groups that pay for -a lot- of the presidential campaign. They subject you to all their advertisement of their candidates. Unless you're a billionaire it's essentially impossible. Democracies always suicide themselves. We haven't had a real president since...JFK? Everyone nowadays is a patsy. Clinton, Bush and Obama should all have been impeached and thrown into jail for the various stuff they did.
    Last edited by Project D; 11-08-2012 at 11:26 AM.

Senior Member Tsumiru has a reputation beyond repute Tsumiru has a reputation beyond repute Tsumiru has a reputation beyond repute Tsumiru has a reputation beyond repute Tsumiru has a reputation beyond repute Tsumiru has a reputation beyond repute Tsumiru has a reputation beyond repute Tsumiru has a reputation beyond repute Tsumiru has a reputation beyond repute Tsumiru has a reputation beyond repute Tsumiru has a reputation beyond repute Tsumiru's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Cookie
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2013 07:27 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Not American

Senior Member Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon 104 - Cubone Saxophone
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2016 09:09 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bassoonist26

I did. Even though my state went completely Republican... Every single county. I tried to fight the power anyway, and Obama won, so... yeah, overall it was a success. =P

~Made by me~

[Waltzing Catastrophe] Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2013 06:53 PM
    Threads

I didn't vote because I knew Obama would win before he even won. `^`

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hat Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2024 09:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

Definitely voted. I haven't missed an election since gaining my US citizenship.

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-29-2016 11:05 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Bassoonista View Post
    I did. Even though my state went completely Republican... Every single county.
    Whoa! Didn't think a state can be that extreme politically lol. I checked, and the only two states whose counties all went Republican were Utah and Oklahoma, (while Massachusetts, Vermont, and Rhode Island went completely Democratic.) Just another example of the gradual polarization of our country, I guess... :x

Senior Member Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-24-2013 06:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yes I voted....the lines are what killed me in general

Senior Member Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon 104 - Cubone Saxophone
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2016 09:09 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bassoonist26

Quote Originally Posted by animeyay View Post
    Whoa! Didn't think a state can be that extreme politically lol. I checked, and the only two states whose counties all went Republican were Utah and Oklahoma, (while Massachusetts, Vermont, and Rhode Island went completely Democratic.) Just another example of the gradual polarization of our country, I guess... :x
    I try to tell my parents why Oklahoma is so bad. I think they finally got it with this election. Even the deep South states all had quite a few blue counties in them.

That's quite a shocker to be more extreme than the deep South. Although I know my state and the attitudes of many of the people in it. Everybody's always ragging on the deep South, but you can't ignore Oklahoma.

~Made by me~

Closed Thread

Thread Information