Remember these? The cartoons you can only see on Youtube? These are 11 cartoons from like 50+ years ago. They represent certain negative (and often mistaken) stereotypes that whites had about blacks. Often caricatured are facial features and also these contain exaggerations of black music too in some cases. They are often regarded as racist (the reason for not airing them in the present day), however while they may be regarded as insulting, I think "racist" is the wrong word. They don't proclaim "whites are better than blacks". They simply display an exaggerated version of the ideas that whites had about blacks at the time (most of which are inaccurate views that only would apply to some black people, certainly not their entire race as implied in these cartoons).

Of all of them, I think the one that is least offensive is Goldilocks And The Jivin Bears. Not sure what "Jivin" means but given what's in the video I'm guessing it has something to do with music and dancing. I say this is least offensive, because the one person who's actually human (the rest are bears and a wolf), she actually looks like a reasonable cartoon depiction of a black person, and not one of the black stereotype caricatures typical of cartoons from this era.

As such here's this Youtube video, the Goldilocks And The Three Bears video (not posting the others as they have much more offensive black stereotypes, so if you want to see them just search for them on Youtube)

For your info, the complete list (as found on Wikipedia) is:
1. Hittin' the Trail for Hallelujah Land
2. Sunday Go to Meetin' Time
3. Clean Pastures
4. Uncle Tom's Bungalow
5. Jungle Jitters
6. The Isle of Pingo Pongo
7. All This and Rabbit Stew
8. Coal Black and de Sebben Dwarfs
9. Tin Pan Alley Cats
10. Angel Puss
11. Goldilocks and the Jivin' Bears

Who here has seen these before? What do you think about them? Should they stay banned (not by FCC, or any law, these are actually banned currently by their own producers) in order to avoid offending African-Americans? Or do you think the companies that made them should get some courage and release these on DVD, so as to avoid simply sweeping uncomfortable history under the rug and pretending it never happened?

Please post your opinion.