AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P Amanda Todd

1. 10-16-2012 11:29 AM
    This post has been down-ranked. Click "View Post" to view it.

2. Thanks wolfgirl90 thanked for this post
    Dislikes .Sev, Nanobyte, Assud disliked this post
    Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: R.I.P Amanda Todd

Quote Originally Posted by MaruDashi View Post
    He also murdered millions of people. The only persona Amber hurt was herself. And the fact that a certain member actually -liked/thanked- this post just says much more about their character than their words actually do.
    Mere name mix up or ironic forshadowing given the rest of this thread? Let's hope the former.

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

LMAO, didnt even notice that. Well, given the posts thats been made I guess my statement can still be considered true, just not in the same sense of "hurt". One took her life, the other made herself seem like an individual with a skewed moral compass. Very skewed.

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

LMAO, didnt even notice that. Well, given the posts thats been made I guess my statement can still be considered true, just not in the same sense of "hurt". One took her life, the other made herself seem like an individual with a skewed moral compass. Very skewed.
    Alright, lemmi lay down what I think I'm seeing here from maybe a half dozen posters.

This is an internet forum for what is still a somewhat fringe hobby, and a lot of the membership is made up of teens. I would not be surprised to find out that half our membership is bullied to some degree, and more beyond that were bullied at some point in the past. I know from various other threads that we've got at least a handful of cutters here.

Now, what would happen if they made a video like Amanda's and started a thread with it here? The nicest responses would probably still be full of condescention or well meaning advice that amounts to telling them its their own fault. But mostly they'd experience a tsunami of neg rep, people telling them to "put it in your blog" (translation: STFU), a few outright insults, and I bet at least one person couldn't resist uploading an image macro from 4chan telling them to "Do it Faggot". Eventually a mod will come by and whack the whole thread.

Right?

Now this skinny chick comes along with her little youtube video, makes herself "an hero", becomes an international sensation, and gets a thread on AF where she's getting much love and and no criticism from possibly the same group of people who would be slinging neg rep.

Is that the sort of thing that might make someone a wee bit bitter? I think so. And I think that's what we're seeing in this thead.

I'm afraid I have no idea what to do about that. Bullied people tend to have their defenses all the way up, they don't want to be looked down on with pity, they can be prone to lash out, and they tend to not want to even bring up that they're bullied or why because it's embarrassing and will probably evoke a negative response from other posters. Amber is unusually expressive in that she came out and said she was bullied and why, though I think she might be regretting that now.

6. Thanks TheAsterisk! thanked for this post
    Likes TheAsterisk!, MissAstaire liked this post
    Senior Member Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Hattori Hanzo Steel Soul Eater Soul Hattori Hanzo Steel
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-04-2019 03:35 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Silicone Kingdom

Whys everyone so mad about their post being disliked lmao...

I swear some people >.>
    Last edited by Syndicate; 10-16-2012 at 04:18 PM.
    Only Yin Can Be This Cute(:

8. Likes MissAstaire, Assud liked this post
    how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo Kudo View Post
    Whys everyone so mad about their post being disliked lmao...

I swear some people >.>
    Because to kids these days getting a Dislike is like the end of the world to them. It's worse than their connection to Facebook giving out on their 4G on a train.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

10. Likes Nanobyte, Syndicate liked this post
    The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
    Alright, lemmi lay down what I think I'm seeing here from maybe a half dozen posters.

This is an internet forum for what is still a somewhat fringe hobby, and a lot of the membership is made up of teens. I would not be surprised to find out that half our membership is bullied to some degree, and more beyond that were bullied at some point in the past. I know from various other threads that we've got at least a handful of cutters here.

Now, what would happen if they made a video like Amanda's and started a thread with it here? The nicest responses would probably still be full of condescention or well meaning advice that amounts to telling them its their own fault. But mostly they'd experience a tsunami of neg rep, people telling them to "put it in your blog" (translation: STFU), a few outright insults, and I bet at least one person couldn't resist uploading an image macro from 4chan telling them to "Do it Faggot". Eventually a mod will come by and whack the whole thread.

Right?

Now this skinny chick comes along with her little youtube video, makes herself "an hero", becomes an international sensation, and gets a thread on AF where she's getting much love and and no criticism from possibly the same group of people who would be slinging neg rep.

Is that the sort of thing that might make someone a wee bit bitter? I think so. And I think that's what we're seeing in this thead.

I'm afraid I have no idea what to do about that. Bullied people tend to have their defenses all the way up, they don't want to be looked down on with pity, they can be prone to lash out, and they tend to not want to even bring up that they're bullied or why because it's embarrassing and will probably evoke a negative response from other posters. Amber is unusually expressive in that she came out and said she was bullied and why, though I think she might be regretting that now.
    So wait, if she was fat it would be a different story?

That aside, I have to disagree on how the staff would handle a thread containing a members suicide note/video. We arent heartless. If anything we'd try to encourage that person to seek help.

As for Amber, theres different ways to present an opposite view. To compare a girl who took her life because she made bad choices [we ALL make bad choices, so listening to half the crap on here about 'she shouldnt have done this or that' comes off as extremely hypocritical. Hindsight is 20/20] and took her life because no one would let her live down those bad choices to HITLER is just insane, heartless and completely out of perspective. No, she didnt say this herself, but she thanked the member who did, which still just stuns me.

No one said anyone here cant be bitter. Be bitter away. But why do you have to be bitter in a thread thats supposed to be doing something -good-? People seem to think this is just a OMG, AMANDA TODD LETS WORSHIP HER! No. This is to get people to maybe pay attention to the kid who is always alone, maybe get you to try to talk to them, be their friend because you'll remember what Amanda Todd did to herself because she was alone. Thats what the point of this is.

Here I see a lot of 'wa-wa-wa, I was bullied and Im not special.' Im sure half the people complaining about being bullied probably never went through the same ordeal, thus they were able to be 'strong'. Im sure that they all probably had someone there to be some sort of help to them, or perhaps they took it upon themselves to be their own strength and let that bitterness and hate fuel them to be a better person [which they apparently never learned to let go once they did move past the bullying]. This girl reached for help and apparently didnt get it. Stuff like that shouldnt happen. Again, thats what the point of this is, to get people to HELP one another instead of adding fuel to the fire and letting a person get to a point where they see death as a better comparison to living

Edit
    and I can click 'dislike' too =D
    Last edited by Ωmega; 10-16-2012 at 06:14 PM.

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

12. Thanks Bubblegum Pop thanked for this post
    Likes Bubblegum Pop liked this post
    Dislikes Nanobyte disliked this post
    Senior Member Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-09-2013 07:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Eh, Amanda Todd sucked. We're giving her exactly what she would have wanted. Good job, internet.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Maru, you must be new. I am -not- a troll.

14. Dislikes Bubblegum Pop, Ωmega disliked this post
    Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, there are a couple of points to this story. To some, she's just "another" teen who was bullied and just "another" teen who committed suicide as a result. You see it in the news all the time. After a while, the people who you hear this happening to in the news are just "stories", not "people".

Another factor is the way the media treats tragedy. It involves a really odd Halo effect; usually when you hear a young person getting kidnapped or murdered/raped/or even committing suicide, one of the things that sticks out, at least the way the media presents it, is the amount of attention a young, attractive girl would get -- bonus points if she's white and a "good" girl. If she isn't, well, "she deserved it."

Minus points if she's anything other than white, or has engaged in acts that would make her in some people's eyes, "immoral". The media seems to favor certain aspects of people over others. How many times have you heard "She was only 18, and so pretty, too, what a loss."

Would it be any less of a loss of the person were not as "pretty?"

However, a lot of people are demonizing Amanda Todd because she made the poor choice to flash someone on a webcam. That person then used her poor choice against her. Was this a good idea? no, but people are also forgetting that she was 15 and more than likely had some psychological issues.

Yet, this still allows people to say cruel things about her - completely disregarding that she too, was a human being - that she "deserved it", that she was a "harlot" (more harsh words were used, that i'm sure i'm not allowed to repeat here), and a bunch of other things that apparently make her deserving of abuse for a few mistakes and make her "less" human.

Then again, she was 15. Not 20, not 25, not anywhere near the age of someone who would be more mature and more able to make better choices. Ultimately, it was her choice to commit suicide, but anyone who says a 15 year old deserved what she went through and then deserved the end result, probably doesn't have a large amount of empathy or human understanding.

I suppose to an extent, a small amount of empathy is normal, because if you didn't know her, you couldn't possibly have that connection where you'd care more deeply. Then again, if you have even the most basic respect for people and life in general, you'd more than likely agree that no one deserves bullying, and most certainly not bullying to the point where so much despair is caused that the person on receiving end determines that the only way to make it "go away" is to commit suicide.

For some reason, people don't feel the need to have even the most basic respect for someone who is now dead - or anyone who commits suicide - at all. In this case, since she was determined by most to be an "immoral woman", she deserved what she got - she was weak, stupid, wanted attention (what 15 year old -- what person in general -- doesn't?) etc, etc.

The only thing now, is that she's at least not around to deal with the abuse hurled at her "image" or her "memory" on various social media sites, the way she had to deal with it while living. Still, I find it amazing that people can hurl abuse at someone who is now dead, and that it wouldn't stop after her death. Her parents/friends still have to most likely read vile things that others have written about their now dead daughter, though. That must be nice.

I guess no one has learned to not speak ill of the dead.
    Last edited by Miss Moonlight; 10-16-2012 at 05:45 PM.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

Senior Member Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts Be Mine Soras Keyblade Aria Neko
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-17-2018 10:02 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nickasaur PSN ID: Cloudynick Steam ID: xSykesx

I'm so sorry for this disrespect, just questioning about how lots of people are doing this and stupidity of this.
    Again, sorry but some and lots of people are making Amanda Todd jokes like "Quit with the Amanda Todd jokes, it's just beating a dead {word meaning one who engages in sexual acts for financial compensation has been redacted}" or "It's her fault etc."

For 1, I don't know what to believe, I do think it is her fault and i'm not sure if anyone is with me on this but may she rest in peace. <3

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

So wait, if she was fat it would be a different story?
    It hadn't occured to me, but that's been said outright by a couple members in this thread. So that's their perspective of this. While she didn't say anything about this particular case, my wife has made similar observations to what @Miss Moonlight was talking about.

That aside, I have to disagree on how the staff would handle a thread containing a members suicide note/video. We arent heartless. If anything we'd try to encourage that person to seek help.
    I wasn't saying the mods are heartless just that I think they'd react to a bloggish thread full of nastiness with deletes or locks. Though I think the tone on this particular forum would change if the suicide seemed immenent as opposed to a whinging cutter that you think won't actually do it.

No one said anyone here cant be bitter. Be bitter away. But why do you have to be bitter in a thread thats supposed to be doing something -good-? People seem to think this is just a OMG, AMANDA TODD LETS WORSHIP HER! No. This is to get people to maybe pay attention to the kid who is always alone, maybe get you to try to talk to them, be their friend because you'll remember what Amanda Todd did to herself because she was alone. Thats what the point of this is.
    The issue is that I think a number of the people here ARE the kid who is always alone (or bullied with friends etc), which is why their respons is more:

'wa-wa-wa, I was bullied and Im not special.'
    And I suspect that's largely the underlying issue here. On the wider internet you'll get people who are just cruel, who are out for the lulz, or who vehemently disagree with her moral choices and wish her to be an example of what you get. But I'm not getting that vibe of any of those positions here except maybe Assud.

the point of this is, to get people to HELP one another instead of adding fuel to the fire and letting a person get to a point where they see death as a better comparison to living
    Is it now? Personally I see the story of Amanda Todd one of someone who could easily appear to deserve harshness but who needed affection. She did sleep with that girls boyfriend. And it sounds like she was in therapy and had parents who were at least supportive of her moves, so they were probably fairly involved. And yes it appears she could have gotten a boyfriend if she'd wanted one (maybe one outside the school system?) I'd speculate that she was very distrustful and more than a little bitter in real life.

I think this is something important to consider, becase it highlights the complexity of how these things play out in reality, and I think you can see where I'm going with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickasaur View Post
    I'm so sorry for this disrespect, just questioning about how lots of people are doing this and stupidity of this.
    I'm curious what exactly you mean by the bolded bit.
    Last edited by sunnyside; 10-16-2012 at 10:51 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

It hadn't occured to me, but that's been said outright by a couple members in this thread. So that's their perspective of this. While she didn't say anything about this particular case, my wife has made similar observations to what @Miss Moonlight was talking about.

I wasn't saying the mods are heartless just that I think they'd react to a bloggish thread full of nastiness with deletes or locks. Though I think the tone on this particular forum would change if the suicide seemed immenent as opposed to a whinging cutter that you think won't actually do it.

The issue is that I think a number of the people here ARE the kid who is always alone (or bullied with friends etc), which is why their respons is more:

And I suspect that's largely the underlying issue here. On the wider internet you'll get people who are just cruel, who are out for the lulz, or who vehemently disagree with her moral choices and wish her to be an example of what you get. But I'm not getting that vibe of any of those positions here except maybe Assud.

Is it now? Personally I see the story of Amanda Todd one of someone who could easily appear to deserve harshness but who needed affection. She did sleep with that girls boyfriend. And it sounds like she was in therapy and had parents who were at least supportive of her moves, so they were probably fairly involved. And yes it appears she could have gotten a boyfriend if she'd wanted one (maybe one outside the school system?) I'd speculate that she was very distrustful and more than a little bitter in real life.

I think this is something important to consider, becase it highlights the complexity of how these things play out in reality, and I think you can see where I'm going with this.
    So you mean to tell me youve never made a stupid decision that people were disappointed you made?

And lets say that half the people in here -are- the Amandas, the lonely kids who want attention, etc. Wouldnt it be hypocritical to be angry over this? "This girl was like me and she killed herself." Instead of thinking 'that couldve been me....' its 'omg, eff this b, no sympathy.' Because 'no sympathy' is what half the thread is going on about, but then get up in arms that they dont get it too from people like myself who id giving the sympathy. And no one "deserves" suicide.

And from what you describe her as, possibly being a quite bitter person, a certain AF member comes to mind. Maybe they are very much alike. Do I think this person should kill themselves? Absolutely not. If that member is going through pain, then they should seek help instead of being bitter in a thread about a dead girl

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Can we just talk for a moment about the fact that Amanda Todd, and the person she flashed (while in 7th grade) was NOT A MINOR and therefore some sad sack of crap who manipulated her with compliments until he convinced her to flash him? and obviously older (not sure by how much), so she might have somehow strangely trusted him? (I don't know what was going through her mind at the time, and I don't claim to know, but anyway):

Did anyone get that part, before they decided to demonize her into a horrid attention-seeking-harlot woman? i'm guessing no, because it's much easier to demonize than sympathize (especially about those harlot women being harlots in our lovely sexist society.)

I find it a little hard to believe that people would rather completely blame a 15 year old girl, instead of point the finger at the nutjob that got off on having young girls (who knows if Amanda Todd is really the first one he's done this to) strip for him. A little odd, people. A little odd.

It works like this: take a girl, a very young girl -- perhaps not well in the area of self-esteem, perhaps doesn't believe she's worthy/good enough; very immature; obviously she's going to want and going to seek attention from anyone willing to give it to her. So, when this douche came along and decided he'd play around with the emotions of a young girl in this state, obviously she wasn't aware of what he was doing.

Not only did he use her image to extort her --- threatening to send her pictures to friends and family unless she did a live webcam show for him -- which she did, having little choice; he pretty much ruined her image. If anything, she's a victim not just of bullying, but of emotional extortion, abuse, and one seriously messed up jackhole (so wish I could swear, it's not even funny) who got a thrill out of single handedly destroying her life, of which consisted of constant bulling, no matter what school her parents moved her to. The images and the damage followed her everywhere.

Would you be depressed, anxious, maybe?

I actually feel sick after watching that
    Last edited by Miss Moonlight; 10-17-2012 at 12:14 AM.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

20. Thanks Ωmega thanked for this post
    Likes Nanobyte, Ωmega liked this post
    Senior Member PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Crisis Mooncompact Mario 1-Up Mushroom Katana
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-23-2014 01:36 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KyouFalls View Post
    Hmm i agree with @Amber Yes i do agree with her. Everyone says this but you always know, Life isn't fair. It will never be fair. I was bullied at a kid also. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I have sympathy for this girl, But not a whole lot.
    My thoughts are the same. Also, people should think before they act.

POLITE AND OCCASIONALLY ANGRY ABOUT STUFF Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2015 11:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Amanda Todd was no angel by far, and I hate the fact that every tweeny brat on Facebook is treating her like the goddamn Virgin Mary. However, I do find it sad and disgusting that she chose a bottle of bleach instead of living. I am not necessarily anti-Todd, don't forget that.

My main qualm with this is the way kids are treating this. Cyber-bullying, as well as normal bullying, has been preached to them for at least half of their school life, yet they choose to ignore it. A small amount of people have been outwardly yelling "This is a problem, help us stop it!" for years. There's even a day dedicated to asking people you're worried about if they're okay. The fact that there has to be a day for this for anyone at all to become concerned is bad enough, but it's even worse that barely anyone even knows it exists. And teen suicide is not a new concept; it's been happening for years, decades even.

So why has it taken until 2012 for anyone to begin showing concern?

Last year, teen suicide was being milked for likes alongside cancer and military casualties. Now that this has happened, EVERYONE is going for teen suicide with everything else taking a back seat. A page was made on Facebook less than a day after her suicide made headlines, and in under 24 hours had nearly half a million likes. I had a look, and it was ALL stock images with the standard like-milking messages attached. In the user feed, people were posting horrible Photoshop "tributes" to her and posting pictures of their wrists covered in "RIP Amanda Todd". There was no sustenance, just a bunch of stupid teenagers riding a bandwagon.

And that's essentially what pisses me off: this is all a fad. It will pass. I have no trouble with having Amanda Todd held as some holy grail if it gets people to actually act and try to stop suicide in general. I'd see it as annoying, but a necessary evil. But this is the Internet: teenagers are going to milk her name dry and move on. It's all a game: when something bad happens, these stupid tweeny bimbos fight their way to the top and yell about how anti-whatever they are, and they have to make it as melodramatic as possible so EVERYONE knows how anti-whatever they are. That's all any tragedy is to the internet: Who remembers Kony 2012? A bunch of tweeny idiots made statuses sharing the video with messages like "ermahgerd how bad D;" and it got big. The thing lasted a month, if even that long, and sank like a stone. Japan Earthquake? Another desperate attention-grab. It never lasts. So in the end, all people are going to do is waste bandwidth and electricity spouting anti-suicide and anti-bullying bullcrap until Bon Iver gets caught shoving a ferret up his rectum, at which point they'll begin on the anti-beastiality crap and completely forget the anti-suicide message they were pushing a few seconds ago.

I've already ranted everywhere, so I'll stop here. I'm not saying everyone here's just seeking attention, but I am saying that's what a great majority of "sympathizers" are doing. It sickens me that a human life, even if the person was rotten in real life, can be used as a buzzword for a week and dropped along with the message as soon as something new happens. Humanity disgusts me.
    Last edited by Naughty Dog; 10-17-2012 at 04:03 AM. Reason: Perpetual post tweaker :/

23. Thanks Nanobyte thanked for this post
    Likes Nanobyte liked this post
    Aggressively stupid Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Kawaiislice Alice Pocket Watch
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2024 04:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

>Maru trying to compare an internet sIut to me.

Smh. I would never take my own life because of what others think of me.
    I don't care what others think. If I did, would I be sitting here laughing at all the shallow dumbasses who're disliking my posts?
    I don't think so. But what does it even matter.

Sure she was a kid she didn't know what the consequences would be blah blah blah. Appearently she did when she frelled some random guy and gave live webcam sex shows. What the frell guys? She was old enough to show her body off then she should be old enough to understand she was only doing this to herself.

The fact she ragequit on life makes everyone pity her. Psh. I'll believe your so called sympathy when I see you're actually doing something against bullying. You're all too easy having pity on the aftermath.

25. Likes MissAstaire liked this post
    Dislikes Ωmega disliked this post
    Senior Member Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Black Guitar
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2014 08:32 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: OG_APPLEJACKS

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Moonlight View Post
    Can't expect much more from people who think they know everything about everything, though.
    MFW someone thinks I know everything

See, I don't claim to know everything about everything. However, in saying that I do, I sense that you do not choose to see this from my vantage point, which would really just contradict yourself.. I am tired of the perpetual tidal wave of media-backed crap. I do NOT understand how my post made me look like a jackass. I simply stated that I am tired of seeing her face everywhere. Ooooooh! She made a YouTube video that has a lot of views. I did research. One sec.

Todd posted the video called "My story: Struggling, bullying, suicide, self harm" on Sept. 7 and was found dead in her home town of Port Coquitlam, British Columbia on Oct. 10. Since her death, the video has been viewed more than 3 million times.
    So...let's get more stats, yeah?

According to the original video on YouTube, the video has, as of this post, just a hair over 4.1 million views. So, since Oct. 10th (the date of her death), which is one week exactly as of today, this video has gained over 75% of its views. Coincidence? I doubt that. Her death is tragic. I never said it wasn't. But explain to me why almost every other kid is forgotten in the shadows by the media and the rest of the world. Where is their news story? Where is the outcry for them? And when people hear about one person that did it, and focus on the ENTIRE demographic of teen suicide victims, they ARE an activist. When they hear about one and focus on ONE, they ARE NOT activists. They are sheep blindly following the media and whatever the next hot topic is. So before you assume that I know everything, think again. I never have claimed to know it all. However, when the situation presents itself, I WILL NOT hesitate to prove a point when I believe it's right. Thank you and good day.

P.S. I care not if I seem like the biggest a-hole to ever walk the Earth.

*cue outro with following music*

Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Amber View Post

I don't care what others think. If I did, would I be sitting here laughing at all the shallow dumbasses who're disliking my posts?

Sure she was a kid she didn't know what the consequences would be blah blah blah. Appearently she did when she frelled some random guy and gave live webcam sex shows. What the frell guys? She was old enough to show her body off then she should be old enough to understand she was only doing this to herself.

The fact she ragequit on life makes everyone pity her. Psh. I'll believe your so called sympathy when I see you're actually doing something against bullying. You're all too easy having pity on the aftermath.
    Are you serious?? She was TWELVE. TWELVE! This is the bane of my issue with you, to put blame on a 12 year old VICTIM of a 30 something year old pedophile. My comparison of her to you was the absolute ignorance you both show. She was ignorant of the way of the world and exposed herself to someone who made her feel special in her 12-year old little mind. Then people like you lashed at her, calling a 12 year old girl a {word meaning one who engages in sexual acts for financial compensation has been redacted} and {word meaning one who engages in sexual acts for financial compensation has been redacted}. Fast forward to three more years of the same, having no one there to support you when some guy you know has a gf tells you that hes going to leave this gf for you, that he loves you and blah blah blah. At her emotional state, it doesnt surprise me she let another guy take advantage of her. She was like many of the women who go a for a married man who makes promises of leaving their wife for them when they never do.

But of course, Im sure youve never chatted about sex to someone online or via text, or sent pictures of yourself to some dude, because then youd be a {word meaning one who engages in sexual acts for financial compensation has been redacted} too by your own standards. Hell, if thats the case about 80% of all teenage girls are all whores, whereas I think theyre just a bunch of stupid teens who mack bad decisions, like all teens are expected to

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/41776...da-todds-death <<take a look at the image, its pretty relevant
    Last edited by Ωmega; 10-17-2012 at 11:38 AM.

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

So you mean to tell me youve never made a stupid decision that people were disappointed you made?
    Whoa whoa. Where did that come from? I'm not siding with the bullies or trolling Amanda here. Don't get my intentions mixed up. Our point of discussion/disagrement is over what's going on with a bunch of members in this thread. You seem to think they're just horrible people, I'm thinking that while you'd get a fair bit of that on 4chan or youtube comments it's more complicated with this bunch here and I'm trying to work out why and/or what to do about that.

And lets say that half the people in here -are- the Amandas, the lonely kids who want attention, etc. Wouldnt it be hypocritical to be angry over this? "This girl was like me and she killed herself." Instead of thinking 'that couldve been me....' its 'omg, eff this b, no sympathy.' Because 'no sympathy' is what half the thread is going on about, but then get up in arms that they dont get it too from people like myself who id giving the sympathy. And no one "deserves" suicide.
    So I've gone back through the thread and compiled a little data. It appears that 16 forum members have come in with "negative" posts on this issue or have thanked/liked such posts. I didn't count the other side, but I think that makes the "negative" side the majority here. I think Amber by a fair margin has the most unique likes/thanks in this thread.

So it isn't just a thing with one person.

Although something else to note is that what keeps coming up and perhaps has really irked people is the "media" response and "facebook sheep". Even some of those who are sympathic/positive toward Amanda are busting on those. @Miss Moonlight @Naughty Dog and @Dr. Evil lay some of that out in more detail.

The question then is why people are pissed about a bunch of others viewing a video, playing the story on the news, or making facebook/forum tributes and gobs of others liking those. I mean that doesn't hurt them, and might help right?

I'm thinking they're feeling some hypocracy from all this, though maybe they could elaborate a bit.

Can we just talk for a moment about the fact that Amanda Todd, and the person she flashed (while in 7th grade) was NOT A MINOR and therefore some sad sack of crap who manipulated her with compliments until he convinced her to flash him? and obviously older (not sure by how much), so she might have somehow strangely trusted him? (I don't know what was going through her mind at the time, and I don't claim to know, but anyway):
    It came up earlier in the thread. I think this is an issue that young girls need to be warned about and educated on, and that the guy is a total jerkwad for lack of unfiltered words. But I think everyone agrees on that so it isn't getting much discussion.
    Last edited by sunnyside; 10-17-2012 at 12:22 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Whoa whoa. Where did that come from? I'm not siding with the bullies or trolling Amanda here. Don't get my intentions mixed up. Our point of discussion/disagrement is over what's going on with a bunch of members in this thread. You seem to think they're just horrible people, I'm thinking that while you'd get a fair bit of that on 4chan or youtube comments it's more complicated with this bunch here and I'm trying to work out why and/or what to do about that.

So I've gone back through the thread and compiled a little data. It appears that 16 forum members have come in with "negative" posts on this issue or have thanked/liked such posts. I didn't count the other side, but I think that makes the "negative" side the majority here. I think Amber by a fair margin has the most unique likes/thanks in this thread.

So it isn't just a thing with one person.

Although something else to note is that what keeps coming up and perhaps has really irked people is the "media" response and "facebook sheep". Even some of those who are sympathic/positive toward Amanda are busting on those. @Miss Moonlight @Naughty Dog and @Dr. Evil lay some of that out in more detail.

The question then is why people are pissed about a bunch of others viewing a video, playing the story on the news, or making facebook/forum tributes and gobs of others liking those. I mean that doesn't hurt them, and might help right?

I'm thinking they're feeling some hypocracy from all this, though maybe they could elaborate a bit.

It came up earlier in the thread. I think this is an issue that young girls need to be warned about and educated on, and that the guy is a total jerkwad for lack of unfiltered words. But I think everyone agrees on that so it isn't getting much discussion.
    Trust me, I understand the idea of "why is this girl special". I do, I really do, but then there are the members who post that "she was just a {word meaning one who engages in sexual acts for financial compensation has been redacted}." I really dont think it matters -who- the person is or why they killed themselves, its going to be the same reaction, and thats what saddens/upsets me. The bottom line is- someone is dead because of bullying and instead of taking the story and turning it into an awareness you instead get people who do nothing but tear down a dead person even more

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Senior Member Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Gifts Cake Spinning Beach Ball Doom Baka
    Mentioned
    375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2016 06:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Bah, at least ED is getting me:

Okay, she made a stupid teenage mistake. She showed her breasts to some guy,
    who turned around and blackmailed her.

Last time I checked, there are a LOT of teenagers who do the same bloody thing. It doesn't
    mean they all deserve to kill themselves.

She is a HUMAN BEING, and although she behaved stupidly and messed up big time: It does not mean she deserved
    everyone to turn around and make fun of her to the point of suicide.

Amber, you are behaving very insensitively. You may have had a "rough life" and you may have been able to still stand strong,
    but everyone is different. Some people are weaker and dumber than others, it does not mean that she should not be getting
    sympathy over others.

Besides, her situation raised awareness, which is not a bad thing.

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

You what what you sound like to me?
    An attention seeking hater because nobody was there
    for you during your rough patch.

She was not a sIut. A sIut recieves compensation for preforming
    sexual acts with another person. She made a mistake. Everyone
    makes mistakes during their life.

Don't tell me you've never done something stupid to make yourself
    feel better.

"I will make Hiyori the happiest girl in this world..."

31. Thanks Ωmega thanked for this post
    Likes Ωmega liked this post
    Senior Member Kalila Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kalila Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kalila Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kalila Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kalila Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kalila Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kalila Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kalila Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kalila Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kalila Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kalila Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kalila Chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Eye Patch 025 - Pikachu Shark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2012 02:13 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mikkachan Steam ID: kalilachan

I think its kinda sad how she got so much bullying and hate just because one simple mistake... ONE!! Gee its not like everyone in the world hasnt made at least one mistake in their life. Plus those who make web jokes about this or anyone else who has lost their life or something along the lines are sick immature people.

33. Likes Ωmega liked this post
    Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

sounds pretty melodramatic. Holy sh*t girl, they saw her t*ts. big freaking deal! Its not the picture that messed things up for her, its the way she acted because of it. Turning into a little emo kid that pretends to want someone that cares but then blocks out everyone who tries to help and then on top of it convincers herself that those people didn't really care. Happens all the damn time nowadays.
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

35. Thanks Mystelinth thanked for this post
    Dislikes Xeyuzio disliked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I do NOT understand how my post made me look like a jackass.
    I do.

I am tired of the perpetual tidal wave of media-backed crap.
    It's funny to be on the internet and to watch tv, and to be involved in the media and complain that the media is being the media. If you don't like it, ignore it.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleohano View Post
    sounds pretty melodramatic. Holy sh*t girl, they saw her t*ts. big freaking deal! Its not the picture that messed things up for her, its the way she acted because of it. Turning into a little emo kid that pretends to want someone that cares but then blocks out everyone who tries to help and then on top of it convincers herself that those people didn't really care. Happens all the damn time nowadays.
    You probably missed the part where she was coaxed/blackmailed into it by someone a little older than her. I would suppose the fact that he took advantage of her naviety to be "emo" because everyone knows that there's no such thing as real depression or real anxiety. Everyone is just a bunch of whiny emos who need to stfu, to sum up your post.

And yea, suicide tends to be a little melodramatic.

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Why such bitterness, Amber?

Everyone is super quick to judge, but no one knows what they would have done in that situation. They can say they do to high heaven, but since they were not her, they cannot know for sure.

She was old enough to show her body off then she should be old enough to understand she was only doing this to herself.
    Yea, I don't think you know how humans work.

Also I wasn't aware you could swear on the forums. This is news to me.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

37. Likes Ωmega liked this post
    Senior Member Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Black Guitar
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2014 08:32 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: OG_APPLEJACKS

I do.

It's funny to be on the internet and to watch tv, and to be involved in the media and complain that the media is being the media. If you don't like it, ignore it.[COLOR="Silver"]

Can you explain to me why my opinion is wrong and your's is right? I really can't seem to figure out how that works? You have your perspective and I have mine. You, however, are coming across as though your opinion is somehow superior to mine. Makes me sad. Ruined muh day a little, I won't lie. If you want some harsher truth, which I have so far withheld, to my outlook, here it is:

I feel no pity towards those involved with this raging s**t storm around some fifteen year old who flashed her tits to a pedophile. I just don't. She killed herself because of actions that SHE put into motion. She flashed this sick bastard, he blackmailed her. No flashing = no problem. She was a weak willed human being. I have read everything I could about this as to not make myself look like I was clueless on the matter. And before you or anyone else decides to tell me I am insensitive to suicide or I don't have any experience with someone close to me doing so, I do. At the age of 14, my cousin Johnny shot himself in the head with a hunting rifle. He was 27 years old. At the age of 16, my best friend Zakk did the same think but with a 9mm pistol. He was also 16. I was saddened for a moment, then moved on. If someone decides to commit suicide for ANY OTHER REASON besides mental illness, they are weak. Survival of the fittest. It's how our species survived thousands of years and still does today. Call me a horrible human, tell me I'll burn in hell, tell me whatever you want. I just don't care. So when a 15 year old girl who likes to flash older men on a web camera and then reaps the consequences of her actions, don't look to me to feel a shred of pity. She's dead. Let's fix the problem instead of focusing on the one who decided to cease her existence.

39. Dislikes Miss Moonlight disliked this post
Closed Thread

Thread Information