AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P Amanda Todd

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: R.I.P Amanda Todd

Calling me sexist over and over again has the exact same effect sweetie.
    There would be no reason to call you sexist if you had not been in the first place.

You were calling me insensitive and whatnot, is that not technically an attack against me? Not that i have anything against being called that, it not like i'm in denial about it. Just saying, you did target me.
    I don't remember calling you insensitive, so no. Can you quote where i've called you that? are you aware that i've been arguing with more than one person in this thread in the same way i've been arguing with you, and so far they haven't accused me of "targeting" them?

If you're interpreting my sarcasm towards you as a "personal attack", it's not. Except for when it actually is. Then it's more obvious.

And no, to answer your question, calling someone insensitive is not the same as constantly insulting me or (an entire gender) personally.

Saying that women are not equal to men doesn't mean that they are "less" than men. It just means that they're different in at least some ways.
    Right now, all i'm saying is that men and women TEND to think differently when approaching a situation. Women TEND to be more emotional, whereas man TEND to be more rational. Thats not a bad thing.
    See, this sounds a lot better and makes more factual sense than constantly pointing out "you're so emotional!" and "you're just this way because you're female!" which, sounded condesending.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Moonlight View Post
    I don't remember calling you insensitive, so no. Can you quote where i've called you that? are you aware that i've been arguing with more than one person in this thread in the same way i've been arguing with you, and so far they haven't accused me of "targeting" them?

If you're interpreting my sarcasm towards you as a "personal attack", it's not. Except for when it actually is. Then it's more obvious.

And no, to answer your question, calling someone insensitive is not the same as constantly insulting me or (an entire gender) personally.
    k
    You are calling Amanda Todd "emo", which is pretty much saying that she was being whiny over being severely depressed. This shows you do not understand depression and the causes of depression (especially in her case.) So that's one.
    2 things, calling me ignorant and implying that i was insensitive

Really? Are you actually this ignorant? gonna go with yes
    I don't expect you to get how hard this would be for a girl or anyone of her age, because you have the compassion and understanding of a turnip, but just laying it down here for future reference.
    The second part is kinda funny considering where we're at lol

Please, don't be a Grammar Nazi. You'd have to learn actual grammar first, and that would be difficult for you.
    Calling me dumb doesn't help the conversation in any way.

Try and let that sink in, but since you seem pretty boneheaded and clueless, I don't think it will.
    Thanks

I'm a nice balance of sensitive enough to not be a douche, and logical enough to know what i'm doing. So nope, not really a "fact"
    right there is where you narrowed my focus down from "women" to "you." And the whole fiasco really got going at that point.

you must have missed it due to your lack of reading comprehension.
    calling me dumb again. I'm really not lol

However, this amazing study doesn't quite explain how i'm able to be rational. Isn't that weird?
    making it about you again

after that, everything was personal.

See, this sounds a lot better and makes more factual sense than constantly pointing out "you're so emotional!" and "you're just this way because you're female!" which, sounded condesending.
    but look, we got to know each other so well. That would never have happened had i made that post right at the beginning. And admit it, you to some degree enjoyed arguing with me.
    Last edited by Kaleohano; 10-18-2012 at 10:10 PM.
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

Senior Member Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2014 08:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

人類は調和したのか?
    VY2V3 = Me | Kagamine Len Act 1 = You

4. Thanks Kaleohano thanked for this post
    Likes Corllean, Bubblegum Pop, Kaleohano liked this post
    Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

2 things, calling me ignorant and implying that i was insensitive
    "Ignorant" is not always an insult (depending on context, of course). It simply means lack of knowledge. As in, I am ignorant in things in which I have little to no knowledge because I lack the knowledge until I learn more about it. It does not mean i'm unintelligent as a whole, it just means I am not as educated about that particular topic.

Also, half of the people in this thread have been called insensitive. Being called "insensitive" is not an insult, however. Unless you really don't like being called insensitive. If you don't mind being called insensitive because you agree you are insensitive, it's not an insult, is it?

Calling me dumb doesn't help the conversation in any way.
    I didn't call you dumb. I said your sentence made no grammatical sense and was hard to understand. But then again, anyone is capable of making spelling and grammatical errors, right?

And admit it, you to some degree enjoyed arguing with me.
    I enjoy arguing with people in general.
    Last edited by Miss Moonlight; 10-18-2012 at 10:25 PM.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

"Ignorant" is not always an insult (depending on context, of course). It simply means lack of knowledge. As in, I am ignorant in things in which I have little to no knowledge because I lack the knowledge until I learn more about it. It does not mean i'm unintelligent as a whole, it just means I am not as educated about that particular topic.

Also, half of the people in this thread have been called insensitive. Being called "insensitive" is not an insult, however. Unless you really don't like being called insensitive. If you don't mind being called insensitive because you agree you are insensitive, it's not an insult, is it?
    the context and general attitude we were both in made it sound more like an insult.

I didn't call you dumb. I said your sentence made no grammatical sense and was hard to understand. But then again, anyone is capable of making spelling and grammatical errors, right?
    Lol there were no grammatical errors. I still stand by you having simply read it wrong

I enjoy arguing with people in general.
    Likewise lol

It seems the issue has been resolved and everyone is happy.
    *strikes epic pose as he scans the horizon for a new threat to derail*
    Last edited by Kaleohano; 10-18-2012 at 10:37 PM.
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Lol there were no grammatical errors. I still stand by you having simply read it wrong
    I do realize i'm beating a dead horse here, but hey, it's my thing.

Its a pic of her boobs. hardly something one can should be letting themselves get blackmailed with.
    "Hardly something one should be" not "hardly something one can should be"

I understood what you meant, though.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

Senior Member bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-15-2014 09:29 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: bardabe

Meh, i was actually just talking about this with a few friends of mine.

I feel bad for Amanda, realistically i don't have an argument. it was her mistake for doing what she did and that i have no intention to justify in any way shape or form. however what does make me feel terrible and actually makes me really sad is just the fact that she took her own life due to her depression because of the bullying. I almost did that when i was younger, but thankfully for me i had 2 really good friends 1 which is still with me to this day. honestly i think things would have played out different if she had 1 good friend that actually cared. on that note if i would of known her or just talked to her i would of been her friend because i know what it feels like to need that person in your life in times like that. no matter the situation or the cause having someone to lean on is what ultimately can make or break someone when you have no other motivation in life.

/end rant
    Under construction.

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

I do realize i'm beating a dead horse here, but hey, it's my thing.

"Hardly something one should be" not "hardly something one can should be"

I understood what you meant, though.
    haha well damn. i didn't even notice that.
    You know what, i like you!
    May we duel to the death on the honorable field of battle again one day!

I give you a Tip of The Hat!
    Hmmm... Been a while

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I suppose I've still been wondering about why this evokes the response it does from a lot of the people here (Kaleohano excluded because that's what I'd expect, though more from a Marine than regular Navy. )

To a degree, maybe I just hadn't been exposed to the full on Amanda fandom.
    http://bc.ctvnews.ca/worldwide-vigil...ying-1.1002366

It's gettin' a little cultish out there, and the bullying angle seems to come in third after Amanda and the imaginary innocent version of Amanda that people have made up.

And I suppose even in this thread none of the people sad about her seem to actually want to talk about the problem aside from saying "bullying is bad" once. But this is complex stuff and probably should be discussed before laws start getting passed.

How do you go about disaproving of behaviour without it being "bullying". How do you reach out to someone that is dysfunctional? How could such a troubled teen have been turned around really? I'm actually a little surprised my earlier attempts at brining those up didn't go anywhere.

And goodness knows it's relevent here. We get plenty of stuff like:
    http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...aterial-Inside

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post
    or are social rejects (or socially awkward)
    I suspect a fair bit are that way, or at least were in high school.

Quote Originally Posted by optimusprimergrey View Post
    you know... youll never stop bullying. so why not just try to equip people with the right social and mental tools to deal with it. i feel that bullying hasnt reached a new level its pretty much the same but people are overly sensitive now because of a lack of social skills and unrealistic expectations of themselves and a skewed perception of themselves.
    I suspect bullying has at least changed if not gone up a notch. The internet not only lets you pottentially harass someone ever so much more, but you can do it anonymously and you can follow them if they move. You don't even have to have crazy people chasing you, somebody at your new location will google you sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickasaur View Post
    He Puts this in a good way.
    I'm not sure I'd agree that he puts it in a good way. But yes she isn't such a good example of a bullied innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ribbon View Post
    I agree with your first comment. I am a little worried that this will become a trend or fad to some people.
    I am noticing a bit of a "kill yourself or STFU" thing going on here in the reporting. And I do bet that the fame plays into getting people to actually do it.

Again, I'm not sure how to go about condemning behavior without coming off mean.

[quote]
    However, I strongly disagree with the usage of the word {word meaning one who engages in sexual acts for financial compensation has been redacted}. She was convinced by a PEDOPHILE to show her 12 year old chest to him. quote]

I'm not sure if they ever gave the age for that. But I think that particular charge is more leveled at her later behavior with the guy.

It does not mean it is right that she suffers through bullying and cyberbullying. Nobody deserves
    that kind of treatment.[/size]
    I'll agree, though these things are a matter of degree. She sounds like a messed up bundle of sex, drugs, alcohol, and self harm, and that just from what she wrote about herself. I guess maybe "constructive condemnation" is what we need to figure out.

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Amber View Post
    (In visitor message, since I've no other way of intercomunication)
    I don't know under what intended circumstances that encouragement was for, but just because I don't care, I'll take it seriously.
    I'll Go Go Captain Planet on them!

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

12. Likes Nanobyte liked this post
    Senior Member Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Aria Neko Jigsaw Ribbon Mic
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-24-2013 02:33 PM
    Somewhere between sparkle bunnies and pinkish kittens.
    Threads

I've thought about it for a while and I've experienced some of the things she experienced, since I got bullied as well.
    But I don't get the negativity about this person in particular. Because its about the MAIN MESSAGE:
    Stop bullying. I've read Ambers answer to this and I was like shocked. So you were like: Stone the b**ch?
    Thats so harsh. Why do you think she wasn't nice anymore towards people? I wouldn't like people anymore too if I experienced her things.
    If you go into a state of depression where you start to harm yourself... its not because you feel sad. Its because you are furious with yourself.
    And I can tell that because I experienced self-harm myself. You don't do that stuff because you feel a little sad. No, you think you shouldn't exist.

14. Thanks Miss Moonlight thanked for this post
    ☆*:.。. UGUU .。.:*☆ nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Chibi Crisis Moon Compact 039 - Jigglypuff Neko Tv
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2013 01:50 PM
    Threads

Oh look! Another self-pitying emo teenager! So sad!

16. Dislikes Ranshiin disliked this post
    Fearless Red Mage SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13's Avatar
    Gil
    Talkative
    Gifts Ice Ornament Ouran Patch
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2013 07:13 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I heard about this incident and I looked it up on the Internet to verify it.
    I read a lot of articles about this and here are my thoughts:

I've been bullied before. Though It was not as harsh as what Todd had been through.
    Sad world these days that some people can do such a thing to a girl.
    Yup, she did made a mistake. Let's face it, all people do.
    But that's not the reason to torment a child like that. it's just inhumane.

and here are some words I like to say to the people who said that this story is just a typical bullying story..
    She's still human and it's inhuman for you to say "She deserved all that pain". Wishing pain and death for someone is just.. ugh. unpardonable. It's sick. They should be ashamed for themselves. They were given a heart.. but how could they remain that heartless?

Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SakuraKiss13 View Post
    I heard about this incident and I looked it up on the Internet to verify it.
    I read a lot of articles about this and here are my thoughts:

I've been bullied before. Though It was not as harsh as what Todd had been through.
    Sad world these days that some people can do such a thing to a girl.

and here are some words I like to say to the people who said that this story is just a typical bullying story..
    She's still human and it's inhuman for you to say "She deserved all that pain". Wishing pain and death for someone is just.. ugh. unpardonable. It's sick. They should be ashamed for themselves. They were given a heart.. but how could they remain that heartless?
    Because when people see the story, it's generally normal for them to not care as much as someone who knew her. However, there are these special snowflakes that feel the need to profess how much they don't care and what they would have done instead, because being a hipster misanthrope is a fad in today's society.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

Senior Member Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts Be Mine Soras Keyblade Aria Neko
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-17-2018 10:02 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nickasaur PSN ID: Cloudynick Steam ID: xSykesx

YOU ALL.
    SHUT UP.

You guys are fighting, and i'm laughing. Let's call it Y.O.B.O And laugh at Amanda todd? I know, i'm gonna go to hell.

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

YOU ALL.
    SHUT UP.

You guys are fighting, and i'm laughing. Let's call it Y.O.B.O And laugh at Amanda todd? I know, i'm gonna go to hell.
    Yeah ... why are people still going on about this?

-puts on sunglasses.-

You're all turning into drama Nazis. Seriously.

-takes off sunglasses and walks away, lets Godwin's Law do the rest.-
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

21. Likes Nickasaur liked this post
    Senior Member Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2014 08:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

... this is still a thing?
    人類は調和したのか?
    VY2V3 = Me | Kagamine Len Act 1 = You

23. Likes Nickasaur liked this post
    Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chigumi View Post
    I've thought about it for a while and I've experienced some of the things she experienced, since I got bullied as well.
    But I don't get the negativity about this person in particular. Because its about the MAIN MESSAGE:
    Stop bullying.
    I still think a chunk of the issue is that few seem to be buying that as the main message. Things have taken rather more of a turn where it seems like people enjoying a nice drama and then throwing out a facebook like. Excepting the politicians of course.

I keep coming back to this too, as I've got some young daughters and I'll have to worry about this stuff in, crap, I guess if they're flashing guys at 12 or 13 I've only got 6-7 years of innocence left.

I think an issue that is mixed up in hating on Amanda is that people have a hard time addressing some of what I think are serious underlying issues regaring expections on girls these days, and how that can go toxic. I found this interesting.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...?newsfeed=true
    Guidance counselors in Manhattan schools, as well as schools in the US midwest, have expressed their concerns with me that online images, "sexting" and homemade erotic videos are all increasingly used to torment and isolate kids – especially by "{word meaning one who engages in sexual acts for financial compensation has been redacted}-shaming" girls and young women.

Quote Originally Posted by SakuraKiss13 View Post
    I'll agree. But what people don't seem to like talking about is the complexity of the situation. Particularly when she slept with that other girls boyfriend. One can see where she'd go psycho. The issue then is how might one react in such a situation where you've got a girl who feels she has a legitimate reason to go on the attack, and others around may not be sympathitic to the "guilty" party.

I think this falls under the bigger issue of people often being extremely prickly when they really need help. Either because they've made and are making horrible choices, or they might lash out if you reach out. Often both.

Because when people see the story, it's generally normal for them to not care as much as someone who knew her. However, there are these special snowflakes that feel the need to profess how much they don't care and what they would have done instead, because being a hipster misanthrope is a fad in today's society.
    Probably some of that too. But this is coming from a lot of different people on an otherwise very accepting forum.

I'm hoping for more dialectic than fight.

But what is YOBO? I've only heard that used as an ethic slur back from the time of the Korean war.

25. Thanks Chigumi thanked for this post
    Likes Nickasaur liked this post
    Senior Member Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Well @sunnyside
    You only bleach once..

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well @sunnyside
    You only bleach once..
    I had two emotional responses to that.

What I think is a normal person's response: "That is horrible, and crosses a line I hadn't even thought of until you crossed it."

Asperger's response: "She survived the first bleach attempt; so technically that isn't correct"

Senior Member Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Aria Neko Jigsaw Ribbon Mic
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-24-2013 02:33 PM
    Somewhere between sparkle bunnies and pinkish kittens.
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
    I still think a chunk of the issue is that few seem to be buying that as the main message. Things have taken rather more of a turn where it seems like people enjoying a nice drama and then throwing out a facebook like. Excepting the politicians of course.

I keep coming back to this too, as I've got some young daughters and I'll have to worry about this stuff in, crap, I guess if they're flashing guys at 12 or 13 I've only got 6-7 years of innocence left.

I think an issue that is mixed up in hating on Amanda is that people have a hard time addressing some of what I think are serious underlying issues regaring expections on girls these days, and how that can go toxic. I found this interesting.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...?newsfeed=true
    Wow, I just read this:
    Almost 18% of high school students – boys and girls, some as young as 14 – acknowledged sending "explicit" images of themselves on cellphones to other students.
    I was aware of the fact that teens have sex early, but I had no idea there were actually also 'showing off' their images to friends or lovers.
    I've always been told NEVER to pose without any clothes or lingerie for a (web)cam, which saved me from any possible disasters.
    Not every teen is aware of the fact people can win your trust easily and leaving you harmless and backstabbing you with private information or images.
    It would be a serious idea to inform kids starting from age 12, 13 (or whatever age desirable) about these issues.
    Because I think every school has an 'Amanda Todd' like figure almost each year. I've seen inappropriate images of other student every year. Its just horrible.
    We MUST inform those girls that is NOT ok to let your boyfriend pursuit you to flash your private parts or lingerie for his camera. Specially not WITH your face on the image.

In case you are wondering how you achieve getting serious attention from the teens... well, thats what social workers are for.
    I'm still studying in Amsterdam to become a social worker and I know social work offers fun workshops at school for those kids.
    Not just about sex related matter, also about smoking, drugs, alcohol and violence.
    We just bring it like a comedy/drama show in which the teens are allowed to jump in and talk about it. Its really effective just to TALK. It shouldn't be a taboo.
    Last edited by Chigumi; 10-31-2012 at 12:40 PM.

Gil
    In Love
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

What I think is a normal person's response: "That is horrible, and crosses a line I hadn't even thought of until you crossed it."

Asperger's response: "She survived the first bleach attempt; so technically that isn't correct"
    This is only a joke, I don't see the point with this thread going...

☆*:.。. UGUU .。.:*☆ nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Chibi Crisis Moon Compact 039 - Jigglypuff Neko Tv
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2013 01:50 PM
    Threads

Normal person's response?? No-one thinks like that.

Don Asterisco TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Daring
    Gifts Globe Belle Floppy
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2019 06:04 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Parugin

Gotta admit, I just read the first four pages of so and scanned the rest, so I may be repeating a point here. Bear with me.

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    It's really just raising awareness.
    Quote Originally Posted by .Tatty. View Post
    "Theres already a tonne of glad handing companies out there doing such (anti-bllying) campaigns. Why should her name take relevance over any other bullied kid, Because she made the most stupid cowardice decision you can?

And don't get me wrong, i am 100% against bullying from my own experiences, but I'm even more against cowards that take their own life. (except in cases with terminal conditions but thats a whole other kettle of fish)."

(Maybe some will see this and reinforce their ideas suicide is a "way out", or they think they can spread the anti bullying message by suicide which they feel will garner media attention.)
    Glad somebody brings up each side here, in these conveniently juxtaposed quotes.

As of late, far too much has been put into doing something, anything about bullying, panicked and frantic, without thought for long term social consequences. (I'm talking big, cultural, generational social consequences here, not individual outcomes- which poor little angel grows up to be sad or dysfunctional, etc.) Constant airing of suicides blamed upon bullying will eventually lead to a correlation between the two in the minds of more and more young people. This is true even when the mention of such suicides is well meant as a warning against bullying.

Cynically, I anticipate that when the suicide rate continues to rise in accordance with this speculation of mine, well-meaning but insufferably imprudent and short-sighted do-gooders will lobby for more and more anti-bullying awareness, and in doing so reinforce the troublesome correlation mentioned above, and snowball the whole damn mess.

Lather, rinse & repeat.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MaruDashi View Post
    He also murdered millions of people. The only persona Amanda Todd hurt was herself. And the fact that a certain member actually -liked/thanked- this post just says much more about their character than their words actually do.
    Or, you know, maybe it just says that they appreciate irreverence and black comedy.

Yeah, I would say something like that, but to be perfectly clear I'd laugh a little first.

Alternately, I might have elected to make a James Bond joke, something referencing You Only Live Twice. Maybe an image of the girl in question- bleach in hand, viewed through a rifled barrel- that Bond shot we all know so well- with an appropriately formatted and typefaced title like "You Only Bleach Twice". Or maybe Blofeld could be depicted in a fictional exchange as one of the bullies. Or perhaps I could just insert an image of her likeness into the cockpit of the little autogyro from the film.

So many ideas...

Really, though, people who bristle at these jokes or decry those who enjoy them as sick, disgusting sub-humans really need to get to know their irreverent sides. Without an ability to laugh at the macabre and the horrors of simply living, life must be a miserable thing to experience. I mean, just imagine not being able to get at least a chuckle- even a guilty, ashamed grin- out of such a cringe-inducing comedy masterpiece as "Another Kid in the Crawl", drawing upon the many heinous crimes of John Wayne Gacy (video placed inside spoiler tags for a reason):

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

. . . I have not left this cave for days now, it has become my last refuge in my total despair. I have only the music of the waterfall to comfort me now. I can no longer live under the control of the Federation, but there is no other place to go. My last hope is that with my death I may pass into the world of my dream, and know peace at last.
    Last edited by TheAsterisk!; 11-01-2012 at 06:48 PM. Reason: We can fly from here...

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsterisk! View Post
    Or, you know, maybe it just says that they appreciate irreverence and black comedy.
    Highly doubt it. Especially if you look at the members posts as a whole

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()