AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Doubt about Angel Beats (spoilers)

Junior Member kakalxlax is on a distinguished road kakalxlax's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-03-2012 02:41 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Doubt about Angel Beats (spoilers)

(this post contains spoilers, if you havent seen this anime i recommend you to stop reading and go watch it)

Hi, yesterday i saw angel Beats episode 13 and it left me with a doubt:

According to Kanade, she is in that world because she didnt have the chance to thank Otonashi for giving her his heart. Now, if Kanade was given Otonashis heart, the logic thing would be that Kanade died after him. But when Otonashi arrives to that crazy world, Kanade was already there for a while (a long time having in mind that they built that giant guild to build weapons to fight Kanade)

I was getting all emotional and then she says than and it left me thinking.

Its also said that Otonashi ended up there for loosing his memory, so we discard that he was put there to "save" Kanade, because it would have to be a great delay between both events and they are reborn after dying.

Maybe (and i hope so) i lost something that explains it.

(i still have to see 13.5 and 14, but as i heard they are only epilogues, and before finishing it i would like to clear that doubt so i can enjoy it as its supposed to )
    Last edited by kakalxlax; 10-03-2012 at 03:37 PM.

Senior Member FatalEnd21 is on a distinguished road FatalEnd21's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2014 02:22 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FatalEnd21 PSN ID: FatalEnd21 Steam ID: FatalEnd21

Default Re: Doubt about Angel Beats (spoilers)

I believe that Otonashi's soul was delayed because Kanade's was probably dying and needed heart surgery. She got his heart in the surgery since he signed himself as an organ donor. Otonashi's heart is still part of him, so it's like his heart continued to live with Kanade until she died. Ah, still doesn't really explain why Otonashi took time to get into the other world. So confusing to me.

Senior Member Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Cake Lie Glasses Red Haruhi Sos Dan
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2012 06:54 AM
    Threads

You have a point, I don't have any explanation for that... thanks to you it will bother me for few weeks xD

Senior Member darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Decepticons Leo AK47
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2014 04:00 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: darkwolf1911

i think otonashi was in purgatori untill after angel came to the world
    live life to the fullest because you are not guarantied a tomorrow

Senior Member Akiro has a reputation beyond repute Akiro has a reputation beyond repute Akiro has a reputation beyond repute Akiro has a reputation beyond repute Akiro has a reputation beyond repute Akiro has a reputation beyond repute Akiro has a reputation beyond repute Akiro has a reputation beyond repute Akiro has a reputation beyond repute Akiro has a reputation beyond repute Akiro has a reputation beyond repute Akiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Systems PS3
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-29-2013 07:54 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xThAkIdJxYx

One thing that bothers me is how did kanade get into this world if she was in the hospital getting surgery? I think that her soul came out to meet otonashi and thank him for the organ he provided to save her. Mind-boggling yeah..

Sig made by myself Akiro

Sig made by my awesssssssome friend Bubblegumpop

"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

Yeah like when ontarioashi in kanada sucked off wakasucki i thought they were doing it just for play-play but it was later revealed in the episode they did it to save za warudo.
    Graet plot!

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

Member lisauntie is on a distinguished road lisauntie's Avatar
    Gil
    Sick
    Gifts Orange Dango Ice Ornament
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-03-2013 10:49 AM
    Threads

I guess it's just that he didn't have a life that was so bad he would go to afterlife, but when Kanade died (after having lived a little/while longer because of his heart), he was needed there for her to be able to pass on and be reborn into the real world.

Of course, the reason why Otonashi took so long COULD be explained if you want to believe that, because he had already passed on, the "road" to afterlife was longer than when you immediately go there after you die. But other than that, I can't explain it...

Not that that anime needed explanation, it was still te anime that, 'till now, made me cry the most (although Clannad is going to probably win, currently at episode 12)

Closed Thread

Thread Information