AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Cigarettes: Should they be banned?

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Cigarettes: Should they be banned?

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Hall View Post
    Um, the huge cost to society? oh please do elaborate.
    Here's what the CDC has to say: 20% of all deaths in the US are directly caused my smoking. "More deaths are caused each year by tobacco use than by all deaths from human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), illegal drug use, alcohol use, motor vehicle injuries, suicides, and murders combined."

Besides the massive toll on the medical system, there's a large loss of productivity due to all this illness and death, which in turn lowers the GDP.

Also, the taxes on tobacco products are already insane compared to other goods. Why not over tax people who drive cars? or people who add garbage to the landfill? I mean hell, we want to tax everyone who makes the world a little less healthy, right? So let's tax junk foods and water bottles, and power lines, and red meats.

(No, I am not saying that cigarettes and junk foods are the same, but they are both very bad for your health.)
    The purpose of skyrocketing the tax on tobacco is to make it so expensive it becomes hard to sustain a smoking habit (as opposed to outright banning it, which just leads to a black market as with illegal drugs).

It's harder to do the same for junk food, as it's pretty hard to actually define junk food.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    I say tax the living daylights out of tobacco. You can still smoke, but you're paying the huge cost to society your smoking habit is causing on your own.
    mmmmmmmmmmmBLOW ME!
    what cost exactly do i owe society? I'm already defending my country, and you say thats not enough? I still owe more? Who the hell are you to decide what costs i owe?
    Cigs are expensive enough as it is.
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleohano View Post
    mmmmmmmmmmmBLOW ME!
    what cost exactly do i owe society? I'm already defending my country, and you say thats not enough? I still owe more? Who the hell are you to decide what costs i owe?
    Cigs are expensive enough as it is.
    You owe society the bill for the bypass surgery, chemoterapy and radiation therapy you'll need in 30 years, as well as the decades of productivity lost when none of that worked and you still die a painful death.

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Here's what the CDC has to say: 20% of all deaths in the US are directly caused my smoking. "More deaths are caused each year by tobacco use than by all deaths from human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), illegal drug use, alcohol use, motor vehicle injuries, suicides, and murders combined."
    math is fun.
    you say 20% of deaths are caused by smoking.
    Car crashes, drugs, HIV, suicides, Alcohol, and murders combined are less than the deaths caused by smoking. Meaning less than 20% of the deaths in the US are caused by those things.
    So,
    20% Smoking
    19% or less (for arguments sake) caused by the other things mentioned
    that makes up for 39% of the deaths in the US.

so what causes the other 61%?
    cuz aparently, 61% of people in the US die from things other than Smoking, HIV, car crashes, drug use, Alcohol, Suicide, and murder.

Idk, but whatever accounts for those 61% strikes me as a much larger issue than the 20% by smokers.
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

math is fun.
    you say 20% of deaths are caused by smoking.
    Car crashes, drugs, HIV, suicides, Alcohol, and murders combined are less than the deaths caused by smoking. Meaning less than 20% of the deaths in the US are caused by those things.
    So,
    20% Smoking
    19% or less (for arguments sake) caused by the other things mentioned
    that makes up for 39% of the deaths in the US.

so what causes the other 61%?
    cuz aparently, 61% of people in the US die from things other than Smoking, HIV, car crashes, drug use, Alcohol, Suicide, and murder.

Idk, but whatever accounts for those 61% strikes me as a much larger issue than the 20% by smokers.
    There is such a thing as natural death. It is unavoidable-ish.

Smoking-related illness is not natural death. It is avoidable.

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

You owe society the bill for the bypass surgery, chemoterapy and radiation therapy you'll need in 30 years, as well as the decades of productivity lost when none of that worked and you still die a painful death.
    mmmmmmBLOW ME!
    all that stuff doesn't cost nearly as much as the medical care for one decrepit old guy who gets even less done than i would be able to. And theres a lot more decrepit old guys than smokers going through all that crap.

so, try again.
    what do i owe?

i ain't quitting for someone like you

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

natural don't account for 61+% sweety
    Hmmm... Been a while

7. Likes Annie Hall liked this post
    ~Neko Neko Neko~ KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Cookie Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2014 02:19 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Kaleohano I give you props, My mom has been smoking for 15 years, Still no cancer, And she probably will never have cancer. So Kaleohano
    Click image for larger version

Name:	roflbot.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	68988

9. Thanks Kaleohano thanked for this post
    Likes Kaleohano liked this post
    AF's Resident Jerk Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Coke Candlejack Bullets
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2021 10:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Nephthys1

Quote Originally Posted by KyouFalls View Post
    @Kaleohano I give you props, My mom has been smoking for 15 years, Still no cancer, And she probably will never have cancer. So Kaleohano
    Attachment 68988

There is generally a predisposition to cancer. There are however other health risk of smoking.

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

so, try again.
    what do i owe?
    You seem to think military service is some grand sacrifice. Ain't nobody forcing you to sign up, buddy.
    Last edited by Eris; 09-27-2012 at 04:49 PM.

~Neko Neko Neko~ KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nephthys View Post
    There is generally a predisposition to cancer. There are however other health risk of smoking.
    If i start smoking i wouldn't really care about health risks.. I'm already crazy so really what's the point? My mom also doesn't care if their are health risks. Not caring runs in my family.

Senior Member Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Cake Lie Glasses Red Haruhi Sos Dan
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2012 06:54 AM
    Threads

My parents are both death because of cigarettes but it was their own "will" to smoke and I don't think that cigarettes must be banned. And for the guys that are using statistics, I'm a mathematician and don't call them maths because it's a injure to maths ^^

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

You seem to think military service is some grand sacrifice. Ain't nobody forcing you to sign up, buddy.
    no one forcing me to sign up is what makes it a sacrifice. Thats sorta the definition of sacrifice, is it not?
    Hmmm... Been a while

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

no one forcing me to sign up is what makes it a sacrifice. Thats sorta the definition of sacrifice, is it not?
    For a sacrifice to be recognized, it needs to actually be for some sort of tangible goal -- a cause if you will, otherwise you've just signed up for a job with crappy hours, bad injury statistics, and a life of post traumatic stress disorder. As it stands at this point, it's not like the military is actually doing anything productive. Trying to put the toothpaste back in the tube in the Afghanistani mess isn't much of a cause.
    Last edited by Eris; 09-27-2012 at 05:19 PM.

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

For a sacrifice to be recognized, it needs to actually be for some sort of tangible goal -- a cause if you will, otherwise you've just signed up for a job with crappy hours, bad injury statistics, and a life of post traumatic stress disorder. As it stands at this point, it's not like the military is actually doing anything productive. Trying to put the toothpaste back in the tube in the Afghanistani mess isn't much of a cause.
    the cause in afghanistan is to rebuild a better government.
    the overall goal is to protect the freedom and people of america when the sh!t hits the fan. You can't just wait for war to start and then decide to join in. by then it could be too late. Its sad that such a large part of America has forgotten to main purpose of its military because of some stuff going on in the east. We ensure the freedoms that allow you to make your life into whatever you want it to be. The US can only live with its massive debts to countries like china because the chinese know they'll get effed up if they try to fight us over it.

and even if that goal of protecting the country wasn't there. You can't tell me that what i do is not a sacrifice. I've given up a lot of things to do this. what my reasons are for doing so are none of your concern. You not understanding my reasoning because you're too afraid to join has no effect on the validity of what i do, and why i do it.
    Last edited by Kaleohano; 09-27-2012 at 05:29 PM.
    Hmmm... Been a while

Junior Member BlackElement is on a distinguished road BlackElement's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2012 05:55 PM
    Threads

And she probably will never have cancer.
    Surely you don't actually believe that? This isn't a case of 'Oh, it won't happen to us.' It does happen, and very frequently. I've lost 3 of my family members from lung cancer, all caused by smoking.

In regards to Kaleohano, while I respect your service, parading it around like it makes you better than the rest of us isn't a very honorable thing to do, really.

OT: Smoking should not be banned. But I have no problems with all the taxes imposed on the industry. It makes it harder for people to essentially destroy themselves.

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlackElement View Post
    Surely you don't actually believe that? This isn't a case of 'Oh, it won't happen to us.' It does happen, and very frequently. I've lost 3 of my family members from lung cancer, all caused by smoking.
    lolwut? If my mother actually gets lung cancer, Again she really does not care. She's still waiting to get it. But meh

Too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    569 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2016 01:28 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Kaleohano You saying China can't improve without us and vice versa? If so, both China and us americans will both be effed up.
    No wait, scratch that. We stand ready if they need help.. Without asking for it in return as every country has the right to not give a darn about other countries if they want.
    Still, I'd like to know if we need China's support.
    Last edited by Albear; 09-27-2012 at 06:51 PM.

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Albear View Post
    @Kaleohano You saying China can't improve without us and vice versa? If so, both China and us americans will both be effed up.
    i don't remember saying anything about chinas ability to improve?

i was talking about military force.
    Hmmm... Been a while

Too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    569 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

i don't remember saying anything about chinas ability to improve?

i was talking about military force.
    I know we the saiyans and stuff, but I said that because you mentioned america can live it's debt to china. I didn't quite get that.

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by BlackElement View Post
    then your family is weak. In medical terms, they'd say your family history makes it more likely for you guys to get it. My grandpa is in his 70s and has been smoking since he was a kid and still does. No lung cancer, no hole in his throat, no weird sounding voice.

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

I know we the saiyans and stuff, but I said that because you mentioned america can live it's debt to china. I didn't quite get that.
    i'm saying that china can't forcibly attempt to collect debts from the states because we'll shotgunsplatter their muffs across the planet.
    Hmmm... Been a while

&#32
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama's Avatar
    Gil
    Where
    Gifts V Guitar Coffee Red Kawaii Ice Cream Cone
    Mentioned
    1093 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2018 11:21 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: FunkyFresh123 Steam ID: RyuTama

...I don't deliberately walk past non-smokers. I think it's hilarious how rude some people are about smoking. I used to smoke around campus at uni and people would go out of their way to come up to me and tell me what a disgusting, filthy, dangerous habit I had. Personally, I could care less that you think I smell like an ash tray or that you think I'm gross. I probably think you're gross too, especially if you're the type of nosy brat who feels the need to tell others how to live their lives.

Smokers have taken enough flak over their habits. :/
    [/COLOR]
    I never said that you did. I was saying that in general, people have a reason to get ticked off when a smoker passes in front of them and ends up getting a trail of smoke blown in their faces. Did I specifically say you had done it? Nope. In fact I first said that you were not to blame if someone decided to walk up to you, thus exposing themselves. It's when people light up while walking down a busy sidewalk or by the entrance to a building when it gets irritating, and people have a right to complain about it in those circumstances. I'm not going to go out of my way to lecture every smoker I see on how their lifestyle is gross and unhealthy. Chances are they already know and they don't care.

I don't have a problem with smokers. It's their issue, not mine. I will however voice my disapproval if some inconsiderate prick decides to light up in a vehicle or in/in front of my apartment. I do have the courtesy to let people smoke in their own homes, though. I'll usually just step outside. So don't automatically assume I try and tell everyone what to do.

Also did I ever call you gross or disgusting? No, I called your smoke gross and disgusting. I don't judge people's entire personality on a small thing like smoking. So stop trying to give a retort to an insult that isn't there.

Gil
    Mentioned
    569 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Kaleohano Oh I see.
    Still, china is not iraq or afghanistan. Attacking them in anyway besides nuclear strikes would be very bad. But they know better than to attempt anything on the US.
    Last edited by Albear; 09-27-2012 at 07:15 PM.

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

@Kaleohano Oh I see.
    Still, china is not iraq or afghanistan. Attacking them in anyway besides nuclear strikes would be very bad. But they know better than to attempt anything on the US.
    as long as they don't attempt any funny business, their existence may continue.
    Hmmm... Been a while

Senior Member Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-06-2012 04:02 PM
    I live at my house. haha I know right hilarious?
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by RyuTama View Post
    I never said that you did. I was saying that in general, people have a reason to get ticked off when a smoker passes in front of them and ends up getting a trail of smoke blown in their faces. Did I specifically say you had done it? Nope. In fact I first said that you were not to blame if someone decided to walk up to you, thus exposing themselves. It's when people light up while walking down a busy sidewalk or by the entrance to a building when it gets irritating, and people have a right to complain about it in those circumstances. I'm not going to go out of my way to lecture every smoker I see on how their lifestyle is gross and unhealthy. Chances are they already know and they don't care.

I don't have a problem with smokers. It's their issue, not mine. I will however voice my disapproval if some inconsiderate prick decides to light up in a vehicle or in/in front of my apartment. I do have the courtesy to let people smoke in their own homes, though. I'll usually just step outside. So don't automatically assume I try and tell everyone what to do.

Also did I ever call you gross or disgusting? No, I called your smoke gross and disgusting. I don't judge people's entire personality on a small thing like smoking. So stop trying to give a retort to an insult that isn't there.
    Haha, I wasn't saying that YOU personally do any of that. I was using the pronoun you indirectly, apparently context clues are not your strong suit, but maybe I was too vague. I do however think that YOU have a really uppity attitude about the whole thing. If I'm walking to work or just walking about at my leisure, I'm going to smoke. It isn't my fault that you happen to be on the same street as me and it certainly doesn't make me a "prick". The tendency people have to think that smokers are purposefully trying to piss them off is incredible. Why is it your business what I do with my body? I mean "second-hand smoke" I get it, you're scared, but the brevity of the time that I will be near you smoking, will not hurt you. So what, is it the smell? Do you also get angry when hobos walk past you? I mean how dare they, right?

Regardless I smoke where I want when I want, within law. I don't light up indoors in public, or in the homes of people who are not ok with it. However, when it comes to the outdoors, I think it's really crummy that non-smokers aren't satisfied with the limited accessibility smokers already have. Why do they feel the need to push it even further? Should we have smoke bubbles? to protect their delicate lungs?

Quote Originally Posted by Eris
    The purpose of skyrocketing the tax on tobacco is to make it so expensive it becomes hard to sustain a smoking habit (as opposed to outright banning it, which just leads to a black market as with illegal drugs).

It's harder to do the same for junk food, as it's pretty hard to actually define junk food.

That will only lead to a lot of angry smokers. It's an addiction. This means (speaking from personal experience) if the option of cigarettes or food comes up, I will and most avid smokers will, choose cigarettes. I'm not defending the logic behind that, but it's an addiction.

So the only thing to be achieved by raising taxes is to lower the quality of life for smokers, financially.

Also, on your other point about the health costs...well typically those are paid for by the patient, the patients family, or the patients insurance that they pay for. :/ So it isn't a burden of your tax dollars unless they live to be old enough for social security, in which case medical expenses are already going to be ridiculous for some cause or another. Another point being that if they are on federal need based healthcare, it won't cover the super expensive procedures.
    Last edited by Annie Hall; 09-27-2012 at 10:00 PM.

♡ Your Royal Sprinkles ♡ Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Kawaiislice Cake
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2012 09:54 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: cigirits*sould they be not for sail?*

To deal with people like you, i have to smoke. Look at it as a sacrifice from me. I sacrifice my health to ensure your personal safety from me.
    Depending on cigarettes in order to tolerate the behavior of others just makes you seem mentally weak. You're basically a slave to cigarettes and you try to defend such a deadly habit while plenty of nonsmokers manage to simply disregard their agitations without any help from nicotine or tobacco.

Besides, there are more efficient ways to solve discrepancies than resorting to violence if you become frustrated with a person. Not to mention, you run the risk of them pressing charges for assault which will end up being an even bigger headache and is ultimately not worth the trouble. All that cigarette money you're so eager to waste would instead go towards paying the lawyer you'll need in court.

Cigarettes are evil little things. It's so easy to justify your addiction because, well, it's an addiction. As an ex-smoker, myself, I now realize just how stupid people look when puffing on their cancer sticks. I smoked for three years despite the fact smoking cigarettes led to my grandfather's death and seeing how hard it was for my dad to quit smoking.

They are soooo completely unnecessary! I could care less if cigarettes are banned because it won't really effect me either way. I do my best to avoid those in the act of smoking and if they want to subject themselves to cancer, by all means, but I refuse to be apart of it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information