AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Man cited by city for unclean property, then sued by city for cleaning it.

Senior Member Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2013 05:08 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Man cited by city for unclean property, then sued by city for cleaning it.

So picture this: The city of Philadelphia cites a man for a vacant lot being messy, a lot that doesn't even belong to said man, and then when he spends $20,000 to clean it and make it beautiful, the city then threatens to sue you for cleaning the very vacant lot that they cited you for for having been messy... This world makes no sense lol

http://reason.com/blog/2012/09/18/ph...egal-action-ag
    Last edited by Ayu 「あゆ」; 09-19-2012 at 09:46 PM.

Senior Member PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Crisis Mooncompact Mario 1-Up Mushroom Katana
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-23-2014 01:36 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Man cited by city for unclean property, then sued by city for cleaning it.

That reminds me of how US Bank kept sending me checks as if I was the owner of this house I was interested in. Later, they sent me a copy of the title and the title to the house, and it said "Own Free" with my name on it (I never even bidded on the house or made payments on it). When I contacted them, they were like "You don't have anything." I ended up having to call Goldsmith (one of the head honchos), and I had to run a credit report etc. Know who I blame for stuff like that? People not doing their job. A computer doesn't just start making mistakes like that on its own.

That guy was dumb for spending money to clean property that didn't belong to him. He should've called and said it wasn't his property.

Senior Member Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Goomba Paint Palette Kawaii Sundae
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2015 05:42 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SolidArmor1

Damned if you do, damned if you don't...

4. Likes PinkGalaxies liked this post
    🐮🔪 "I'll see it when I believe it" 🐮🔪 ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Cookie Cookie Hedgehog
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2023 02:57 PM
    The corner of Everywhere and Nowhere, ya dig?
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: TwilightWolf2508 Steam ID: zombiewolf2508

Default Re: Man cited by city for unclean property, then sued by city for cleaning it.

It says he was cited for snow on the sidewalk and for trash. He removed all debris and planted trees. However, he does not own the lot. The lot is next door to his coffee shop; so logic says that a portion of the trash came from his shop, more than likely due to the customers. However, I can't see why he was cited for the snow. But regardless, the lot was not his. He could have fought the citations. But because he altered a lot which he does not own, he can be charged with trespassing and the city has every right to sue him. After all, it wasn't his lot to change. He should have just fought the citations rather than blowing $20k on something that's not his. The government is full of dirty little tricks like this, and one should ALWAYS think before he acts when it comes to the government.

My mood on a daily basis

6. Likes PinkGalaxies liked this post
    Senior Member Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2013 05:08 PM
    Threads

Another tidbit is that this vacant lot was owned by the city for decades, and this lot was an absolute junk yard for decades. It really does make the city government look jealous. The man has now supposedly bought the vacant lot at fair market value to resolve the issue with the lawsuit, and he then said to the press, "What I'm hoping the next step of the city is to take other lots and try to clean them up instead of focusing on this one lot."

I'm glad this man is pressuring the city like this to better do its job and maintain its city's cleanliness.
    Last edited by Ayu 「あゆ」; 09-20-2012 at 10:00 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information