AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Little stories about life.

Hybrid View

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

Default Little stories about life.

I figured i'd make a thread where you can post little stories that one can take lessons from.
    I'll give an example with one my grandpa once told me.

There once was a fisherman sitting on the dock relaxing, and enjoying the weather after reaching reaching his quota for the day. Then a tourist asked him what he was doing.
    "I finished early today. So i'm just relaxing and enjoying myself." The fisherman said.
    The tourist looked perplexed "But theres so much time left n the day? You could go out and catch more. Work hard every day and you could afford a bigger boat! Keep working harder still and maybe you could open your own company and eventually have a business that runs its self, and then you could relax as much as you want!"

The fisherman was silent for a moment, then he said, "But why go through all that trouble that might take up the rest of my life only to relax, when i'm already relaxing right now?
    Last edited by Kaleohano; 09-14-2012 at 11:56 AM.
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

Senior Member ms.Purdy has much to be proud of ms.Purdy has much to be proud of ms.Purdy has much to be proud of ms.Purdy has much to be proud of ms.Purdy has much to be proud of ms.Purdy has much to be proud of ms.Purdy has much to be proud of ms.Purdy has much to be proud of ms.Purdy has much to be proud of ms.Purdy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-27-2013 03:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Little stories about life.

awwwwwwwweeee cute
    i always feel iike somebodys watching me

Senior Member Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Goomba Paint Palette Kawaii Sundae
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2015 05:42 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SolidArmor1

There once was person that everyone relied upon. If you needed help, he would be there for you. If you needed a ride, he's the one to call. Short on cash, he'll lend you some. But, when the day came for him to ask for help, everyone he'd helped had better things to do.

Moral of the story: never do a favor, expecting a favor.

Senior Member Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2013 05:08 PM
    Threads

I jumped down from a small tree and injured my ankle to the point that I couldn't walk at all.

Moral: It doesn't how high or how low of a point you jump from. Make sure you stick the landing properly or suffer the consequences.

Senior Member Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Goomba Paint Palette Kawaii Sundae
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2015 05:42 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SolidArmor1

Quote Originally Posted by Ayu 「あゆ」:2714817
    I jumped down from a small tree and injured my ankle to the point that I couldn't walk at all.

Moral: It doesn't how high or how low of a point you jump from. Make sure you stick the landing properly or suffer the consequences.
    Also, it's not the fall that kills you...but the sudden stop at the end.

Senior Member PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Crisis Mooncompact Mario 1-Up Mushroom Katana
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-23-2014 01:36 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I have one that is true and happens all the time.

There were a group of students sitting on the bus coming home from their first day back at school. One by one, the students got off the bus once it reached their home. All of the students were off except one. This student's name was Lindsey, and her house was the last on the route to be stopped at. Eventually, the bus arrived at her home, and she got off.

The next day, Lindsey waited at her bus stop to be picked up for school. She was always the first student to be picked up, and the last to be dropped off. Once the bus picked her up, she sat in a seat and waited for a certain student to get on the bus. This student's name was Sarah. She was the second student to be picked up for school, and the next to last student to be dropped off. Once the bus picked her up from her bus stop, Lindsey waited for the next student to get on the bus.

Once the next student got on, Lindsey went over to them and whispered something in their ear. Each time a student got on the bus, another whisper was passed on to another student. Sarah was the only student who never got to hear what the whispers were about. Before she knew it, everyone was whispering to one another, looking at her, and giggling. Sarah began to look around to make sure that is was her they were laughing at. Sure enough, it was.

She began to wonder what on earth it could be, and began to look at her clothes. Her clothes were nicely ironed, no stains, or anything. She then pulled out her mirror. Her hair was pulled tightly back in a pony tail, her make-up was perfect, and everything looked fine. She had taken a shower that morning, so she knew it wasn't stench either, so what else could it be?

The students really started laughing when they saw her frantically trying to find out why she was the center of attention. Sarah began to feel really sad and shy. She was afraid to ask what was wrong because they might laugh at her more. She also knew that when people get like that, they won't tell you anyway. She spent the whole trip to school feeling humiliated and staring out the window.

After that, Sarah's days at school became worse. People would shove her for no reason, step on the backs of her feet, point, laugh, make jokes about her, etc. No one would sit by her at lunch or even say hi. It was as if she was nothing to them. Eventually, she heard some people talking about how she lived in a trailer (mobile home). That was true, she did live in a trailer. She didn't see how it could be so funny to them though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mobile-home-inspections.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	68214

Tired of all the hatred she had been receiving, she went over to the people laughing about what she lived in. "Why are you laughing about my home?" she asked. The people stopped talking and looked at her as if they couldn't believe they were being confronted. Annoyed that they weren't giving her an answer, she asked them again. Not being able to answer the question, the students said that they did not wish to speak with trailer trash and walked off. She couldn't believe people were being so immature and arrogant.

After school was over, Sarah got on the bus. People threw paper balls at her, called her names, etc. Sarah ignored them and stared out the window. Lindsey didn't join in with the students that day. Instead, she looked at Sarah and began to feel bad about what she started. She lived in a FEMA trailer, but none of the other students would ever know that because they didn't know where she lived. She was jealous that Sarah's home was better than hers, and she knew that people that lived in houses were "big headed."

Name:	FEMA_trailer.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	68215

Big headed meaning that they live in something like this:

Name:	380032bb6cd0c1ecb209a1cb6b07a06c276185223.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	68216

And they think they live in something like this, and they think they are better than everyone else because their home is nicer:

Name:	bigstock_Brick_Mansion_In_Kentucky_Usa_3251308.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	688.4 KB
ID:	68217Click image for larger version

Name:	1210492_3.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	68218Click image for larger version

Name:	pic01.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	68219

Due to her jealousy, she caused Sarah unnecessary distress. Even though she felt bad about it, she would never tell the others what she lived in, and she would never tell Sarah sorry. The reason why she would never do those things is because Sarah was keeping all of the hatred away from her. That made her life easier, and she would never let that change.

This actually happened to a friend of mine. Lindsey's secret eventually did come out by someone seeing her check her mail one day, and her life at school ended up being just like Sarah's or maybe even worse. We went to a private school where most people were wealthier than others. We even had a few that came to school in limos everyday. I'll never understand the social standards, but things like this happen all the time, and they need to stop. It seems people don't care about how people feel due to their own actions. The lesson I am trying to convey is that you should stop, look at the things around you, think, and do the right thing instead of the "in" thing.

Closed Thread

Thread Information