AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What I accomplished over the weekend

Senior Member T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Sushi2
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2016 10:43 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default What I accomplished over the weekend

So I know I'm a little odd here on anime forum as an avid outdoorsman and a bit of a traditionalist in things like gardening, canning, heating with a wood stove, etc. Also, with the average age on here being late teens, I have to admit that time period being my peak of laziness and after moving away from the folks and finally not having to do all those chores and such anymore. After moving into the city, having a job, able to afford to go out to eat a lot, and afford things like cable tv, my 20's were a big decline in physical activity and health.

However after moving back out to the country a few years ago and getting back into all those things I used to love, I have really turned things around. Now-a-days I'm back active most of the time and trying to eat healthier too. I've lost about 30 pounds since spring 2011, and though my running pace is much slower than my high school days I have run much further than ever before, completing my first half marathon this summer.

Anyhow, I did some hard work over the weekend and combined that with experimenting with my latest gadget - an interval timer for my camera. That allowed me to catch some quick action shots, and I thought I'd share them hopefully to inspire some to get outside and stay active. I know this is a forum about watching tv after all, but one should balance couch time with activity. Even if it inspires just one person to get more active I'll be happy.

This is one of my favorite workouts and the best stress relief I have found. I had taken off most of spring and summer from logging but time to get back at the big pile o wood. I'm usually done by spring but I'm way behind this year. I actually was trying to figure out how to set this new interval timer thing I got for my camera, so I thought I'd play with it while I was working.

Ready, set, go!

Here it comes...

One down. A truckload more to do.

Zoomed in.

I played with the timer a few more times and got a few more splits in progress:

The second of impact.

I actually started off re-sawing all my rounds down to size with a double sawbuck I built and my chainsaw. I cut logs in the woods to 40" to save time and then at home I re-saw them shorter and split them.

Well its not much compared to what I need for the whole winter but those three rows are what I sawed and split Saturday. The pile of rounds up front are the rest of the truckload and split and stacked those on Sunday.

I admit I am no Paul Bunyan but I can swing an axe good enough. And I love doing the work. I also ran and biked a trail on Sunday, 27 miles (13.5 run, then 13.5 bike back to the truck). I actually took lots of pics on the run and thought I may post them up but I might do that on a different thread later.
    ~ Tristan

2. Likes Albear liked this post
    Senior Member PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Crisis Mooncompact Mario 1-Up Mushroom Katana
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-23-2014 01:36 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What I accomplished over the weekend

You won't catch me out chopping wood with an axe, but I do go jogging and things like that. Manual labor is a man's job.

&#32
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama's Avatar
    Gil
    Where
    Gifts V Guitar Coffee Red Kawaii Ice Cream Cone
    Mentioned
    1093 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2018 11:21 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: FunkyFresh123 Steam ID: RyuTama

That's awesome, T-Stew. I don't think it's odd at all how you're more of an outdoors person; there needs to be more of em. I myself wish I could go out and do stuff like hunting and chopping my own wood, but I just don't live in a place to do that. =/

I chopped wood as a kid when I lived in a house with our own backyard, but it's really limited when you're in a crowded apartment. I actually really miss those days, even though the exercise was supposed to be meant as punishment, lololol. I was to chop the wood, stack it, unstack it, and restack it again, and being a 8-14 year old, it wasn't easy, and it tired me out every time. I loved going back inside sweaty and sore though, because it meant that I had done what my dad had expected me to do. Even though he was pissed off at me for doing whatever I did to earn the punishment, he would show approval when I was finished, which I thought made the whole thing worth it.

Over time, I started asking to do the chopping willingly, simply because it was something I had actually grown to like and I enjoyed seeing my family gathered around a fireplace full of the wood that I had provided them. //cheesy story

But yeah I really hope I have a chance to do all of that again one day. There's a lot more feeling of accomplishment when you provide everything yourself instead of depending on stores and whatnot. Congrats.

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-29-2016 11:05 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I really really need to try living in the countryside at least once, not because I long for it, but because I'm curious what it'll feel like. Pretty much throughout my life I have lived in either urban or suburban areas, so I am so out of touch with nature/the wild lol.

6. Likes Thefringedninja liked this post
    Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

you know what Stew, You're the kind of person i wouldn't mind drinking a few beers with. I think you and i would have a lot in common.
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

Kind boy/Nanobyte's minion Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Uranus Henshin Pen Pen Coffee
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2022 11:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Mystelinth

Hmh seems like fun. To bad i never did that. Hmhh grandpa does.. maybe i should go over and help him sometime.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Some good shit right there bro.

Senior Member T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Sushi2
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by PinkGalaxies View Post
    You won't catch me out chopping wood with an axe, but I do go jogging and things like that. Manual labor is a man's job.
    Fair enough... and thats great about the jogging, keep it up. Would you believe I run barefoot? Sounds crazy but I think I have found the holy grail of natural form.

Quote Originally Posted by RyuTama View Post
    That's awesome, T-Stew. I don't think it's odd at all how you're more of an outdoors person; there needs to be more of em. I myself wish I could go out and do stuff like hunting and chopping my own wood, but I just don't live in a place to do that. =/

I chopped wood as a kid when I lived in a house with our own backyard, but it's really limited when you're in a crowded apartment. I actually really miss those days, even though the exercise was supposed to be meant as punishment, lololol. I was to chop the wood, stack it, unstack it, and restack it again, and being a 8-14 year old, it wasn't easy, and it tired me out every time. I loved going back inside sweaty and sore though, because it meant that I had done what my dad had expected me to do. Even though he was pissed off at me for doing whatever I did to earn the punishment, he would show approval when I was finished, which I thought made the whole thing worth it.

Over time, I started asking to do the chopping willingly, simply because it was something I had actually grown to like and I enjoyed seeing my family gathered around a fireplace full of the wood that I had provided them. //cheesy story

But yeah I really hope I have a chance to do all of that again one day. There's a lot more feeling of accomplishment when you provide everything yourself instead of depending on stores and whatnot. Congrats.
    Your story sounds pretty familiar. But for me it wasnt punishment (though it seemed like it at the time) it was something that simply had to be done. Dad didnt let me run the splitter much when I was younger, so for several years all I did was stack and restack till I was dizzy. It is a nice sense of accomplishment when you do things yourself. Its especially nice in the dead of winter below freezing sitting there in a tshirt next to a 500F stove sipping a glass of wine. And flipping the bird to the propane delivery guy!
    And I lived in various apartments too, and a house in 'burbs for several years. But I much prefer it here.

Quote Originally Posted by animeyay View Post
    I really really need to try living in the countryside at least once, not because I long for it, but because I'm curious what it'll feel like. Pretty much throughout my life I have lived in either urban or suburban areas, so I am so out of touch with nature/the wild lol.
    Well it is different, but it just depends. You can still be as modern as most any urban/suburban residence. You can still be relatively close to a bigger town or city to get to those things your used to, grocery stores, shopping etc. Even out in rural areas its becoming more and more rare to live 'old fashioned' for lack of better term. But I really do enjoy the peace and quite, and be able to take in the view without a bunch of buildings all around and nosy people wondering what I'm up to or what they are going to turn me in for code violation or some other bs. But I still work in the city and have to dump a bunch of money in gas, thats one disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleohano View Post
    you know what Stew, You're the kind of person i wouldn't mind drinking a few beers with. I think you and i would have a lot in common.
    Sounds like a plan. Name:  cheers.gif
Views: 12
Size:  5.2 KB
    Let me know if your ever up this way, there is a place in town that has over 50 beers on tap and over 500 beers available.

Quote Originally Posted by Forbuki View Post
    Hmh seems like fun. To bad i never did that. Hmhh grandpa does.. maybe i should go over and help him sometime.
    I don't know you or your grandpa but you never know, maybe he would really appreciate your help? If you really showed an interest it might make his day.

And axe skills could be vitally important in the zombie apocalypse!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaibro View Post
    Some good sh right there bro.
    Appreciate it bro.
    Last edited by T-Stew; 09-10-2012 at 11:04 PM.
    ~ Tristan

11. Likes Thefringedninja liked this post
    Senior Member PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T-Stew View Post
    Fair enough... and thats great about the jogging, keep it up. Would you believe I run barefoot? Sounds crazy but I think I have found the holy grail of natural form.
    I walk outside barefoot sometimes, but I'd never run barefoot. There are so many rocks and stuff. I like my feet soft.

13. Likes Thefringedninja liked this post
    Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

Sounds like a plan. Attachment 67971
    Let me know if your ever up this way, there is a place in town that has over 50 beers on tap and over 500 beers available.
    500 beers?? Well, next time i get leave i know where i'm stopping by haha
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

15. Likes T-Stew liked this post
    Senior Member Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Dr Who K9 Rainbow Ribbon Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2014 10:27 AM
    Threads

Wow, you sound like my cousin xD
    My grandparents own a farm, but he's quite old-fashioned so he would never ask women to do jobs like cutting wood...we're used for feeding the animals (not literally lol). I once tried to help out with cutting wood...it was troublesome.
    The thing is I am an active person, for example I can play most sports which involve stamina and as a result my thighs are muscular, whilst my upper arms are the same size as my lower arm!!! Seriously...I can wrap my fingers all the way around my upper arm!
    So yeah, I tend to stick to walking the dogs and feeding the geese/chickens!

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

A fellow runner, yay! xD
    ~Favourite Anime/manga~
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Death Note
    Sekaiichi Hatsukoi
    Junjou Romantica
    Naruto Shippuuden
    Bleach
    Hetalia
    Code Geass
    Fruits Basket
    D-GrayMan
    Hourou Musuko Wandering Son
    Sora to Hara
    Kuroko no Basuke
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Currently reading: Bleach and Naruto Ship, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kuroko no Basuke.
    Currently watching: Space Brothers, Golden Time, Kuroko no Basuke, Silver Spoon, Magi and Mobile Suit Gundam.

17. Likes T-Stew liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thefringedninja View Post
    My grandparents own a farm, but he's quite old-fashioned so he would never ask women to do jobs like cutting wood...we're used for feeding the animals (not literally lol). I once tried to help out with cutting wood...it was troublesome.
    The thing is I am an active person, for example I can play most sports which involve stamina and as a result my thighs are muscular, whilst my upper arms are the same size as my lower arm!!! Seriously...I can wrap my fingers all the way around my upper arm!
    So yeah, I tend to stick to walking the dogs and feeding the geese/chickens!

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

A fellow runner, yay! xD
    XD Running is fun. I get my run in the morning.

19. Likes Thefringedninja, T-Stew liked this post
    Too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    569 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2016 01:28 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Cool work.
    On most weekends I..

1] Nap.
    2] Go to work if I accept to substitute someone. I usually don't work weekends.
    3] Jog for about 10 minutes.
    4] Nap some more.
    5] Yard work like lawn mowing, pulling out weeds, cutting branches, and obliterating hedges.
    6] Being forever alone.
    7] BMX tricks at the local swamp and park.

21. Likes Thefringedninja, T-Stew liked this post
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Sushi2
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese the saurus Rex View Post
    Cool work.
    On most weekends I..

1] Nap.
    2] Go to work if I accept to substitute someone. I usually don't work weekends.
    3] Jog for about 10 minutes.
    4] Nap some more.
    5] Yard work like lawn mowing, pulling out weeds, cutting branches, and obliterating hedges.
    6] Being forever alone.
    7] BMX tricks at the local swamp and park.
    Sounds like a good weekend to me, except #6 needs some work. I have the opposite problem now-a-days... a lot of these things I do is so I can be alone and/or work off some stress to keep my sanity.

So yeah, I tend to stick to walking the dogs and feeding the geese/chickens!\
    Well thats great! We had geese and chickens when I was a kid, and I am really thinking about having chickens again. Eggs are a superfood. I never lived on a big farm but there were several in the family. And my grandma worked in the barn probably until she was in her 60's! But yeah she is about the only gal I know that actually did some of the farm work, and I am not trying to suggest y'all do hard labor just something to stay active.

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

XD Running is fun. I get my run in the morning.
    A fellow runner, yay! xD
    I was going to post about my run over the weekend too but it was a long post and lots of pictures, and I am feeling lazy. I posted about it on another forum already feel free to check it out http://thebarefootrunners.org/thread...-of-pics.7464/ I dont think you have to be a member to view it. It was a special run for me since its my longest run so far and represents my 1yr of going barefoot. There are a few neat things along the way I took some pictures of too.

Rock on runners! And good health!
    Last edited by T-Stew; 09-11-2012 at 09:47 PM.
    ~ Tristan

23. Likes Thefringedninja, PinkGalaxies, Albear liked this post
    Member celiaorirene has much to be proud of celiaorirene has much to be proud of celiaorirene has much to be proud of celiaorirene has much to be proud of celiaorirene has much to be proud of celiaorirene has much to be proud of celiaorirene has much to be proud of celiaorirene has much to be proud of celiaorirene has much to be proud of celiaorirene's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2012 09:40 PM
    Threads

I did some cooking and cleaning over the weekend, nothing special.
    Top Cosplay Costume for you!

25. Likes T-Stew liked this post
    Senior Member Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well thats great! We had geese and chickens when I was a kid, and I am really thinking about having chickens again. Eggs are a superfood. I never lived on a big farm but there were several in the family. And my grandma worked in the barn probably until she was in her 60's! But yeah she is about the only gal I know that actually did some of the farm work, and I am not trying to suggest y'all do hard labor just something to stay active.[COLOR=Silver]

I was going to post about my run over the weekend too but it was a long post and lots of pictures, and I am feeling lazy. I posted about it on another forum already feel free to check it out http://thebarefootrunners.org/thread...-of-pics.7464/ I dont think you have to be a member to view it. It was a special run for me since its my longest run so far and represents my 1yr of going barefoot. There are a few neat things along the way I took some pictures of too.

Rock on runners! And good health!
    I like chickens, but the geese are terrifying (especially during mating season) as they run after you and try to bite you!
    It is hilarious watching the delivery man dealing with them though...last time he used the wheelie bin as a shield to protect himself xD
    I'm not saying women shouldn't labour, as I'm a Feminist and believe that men and women should do their equal amounts of work, however I just lack the strength to be able to do these kinds of things!

That looks like a really nice route, but a bit too long for me! :S
    I tend to do races ranging from 5km to 10km, but I intend to try a half-marathon soon!
    ~Favourite Anime/manga~
    Death Note
    Sekaiichi Hatsukoi
    Junjou Romantica
    Naruto Shippuuden
    Bleach
    Hetalia
    Code Geass
    Fruits Basket
    D-GrayMan
    Sora to Hara
    Kuroko no Basuke
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Currently reading: Bleach and Naruto Ship, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kuroko no Basuke.
    Currently watching: Space Brothers, Golden Time, Kuroko no Basuke, Silver Spoon, Magi and Mobile Suit Gundam.

27. Likes T-Stew liked this post
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Sushi2
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

That looks like a really nice route, but a bit too long for me! :S
    I tend to do races ranging from 5km to 10km, but I intend to try a half-marathon soon!
    5k's and 10k's are all I had ever done up until this year. Besides learning good running form, I also used Maffetones heart rate method to train for more endurance. It helped slow me down and not burn out to quickly. You may want to look into it, but for the MAF method you'll need a heart rate monitor. In any case good luck and I hope you do try to do a half. I wish I would have kept up with it right out of high school and have been able to do a half then. It was so much harder and I lost so much time after taking about a decade off from running.
    I actually have a 5k this Saturday morning. Its our town fair, and will be the third time I have done that particular 5k. Last year I made a PR at it (as an adult anyhow, I'm not counting my high school records which I'll probably never touch again). I'm going to see what I can do this year, hopefully I'll break that PR, and I'll be doing it barefoot too!
    ~ Tristan

29. Thanks Thefringedninja thanked for this post
    Likes Thefringedninja liked this post
    Senior Member Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Gifts EVE Heart Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2012 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Run a 5k marathon for a cause over the weekend and experimented on making burger patties to use for burger steak...

~Howl's Mistress Evil Twin from the Other Side here to save her from further humiliation...

avenge me!..
    kill kill kill

sig by .Elmer

31. Likes Thefringedninja liked this post
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Megamind's Minion View Post
    Run a 5k marathon for a cause over the weekend and experimented on making burger patties to use for burger steak...
    I approve of the first bit Well done! Which charity was it?
    ~Favourite Anime/manga~
    Death Note
    Sekaiichi Hatsukoi
    Junjou Romantica
    Naruto Shippuuden
    Bleach
    Hetalia
    Code Geass
    Fruits Basket
    D-GrayMan
    Sora to Hara
    Kuroko no Basuke
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Sushi2
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Megamind's Minion View Post
    Run a 5k marathon for a cause over the weekend
    Hmm I'm suspicious as there is no such thing as a "5k marathon" they are two different things. One is nearly 10 times longer than the other.
    ~ Tristan

AFs Cutest Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-22-2019 09:35 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

hahaha the farm next door has wood chopping contest it's so funny.XD they look like you.
    hella

35. Likes T-Stew liked this post
    Senior Member Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Gifts EVE Heart Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2012 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I approve of the first bit Well done! Which charity was it?
    It was for the family of the people who died in service...

Hmm I'm suspicious as there is no such thing as a "5k marathon" they are two different things. One is nearly 10 times longer than the other.
    Haha.. Actually it was only 5k run, there's a 10k too...
    And yes, it's not really a marathon... I just want to call it that... Feels like one too...
    As I am into sprint running rather that long distance running...

~Howl's Mistress Evil Twin from the Other Side here to save her from further humiliation...

avenge me!..
    kill kill kill

sig by .Elmer

37. Likes Thefringedninja liked this post
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Dude, you made chopping woods look awesome.

39. Likes T-Stew liked this post
    how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

"What I accomplished over the weekend"

... I downloaded a few games on Steam, I pre-loaded Borderlands 2, I got drunk. I FINALLY got some blu-tack to tack up my Borderlands 2 and Driver:SF posters onto my door. I got drunk again whilst playing Worms: Armageddon.

I suppose my one ACTUAL accomplishment was that yesterday morning, I tidied up my apartment. I mean properly tidied up, not the man's 'oh, I'll just stack everything in the corner and call it done' tidied. I went through my cupboard and removed all the cardboard boxes of things I'd bought that I figure I won't need, such as the relevant items being too old to be taken back for refunds, and I went and took them all out to the recycling bins at the back-side of my apartment block and put them all in the cardboard recycling bin.

I vacuumed my hallway, and put all my socks into neat little bundles in my wardrobe (normally I just leave them all in a wash-basket once washed so it's easy for me to just pick two matching socks out and put them on). I got rid of all the socks that have overly large holes in the soles. I moved the plastic crate of old video games out from the corner of my room into the cupboard, where the cardboard boxes had once been. I found my DSi XL's charger, and the box for Bowser's Inside Story (no game, though..) in the process.

Now I suppose most people will call that laziness, but I do tend to just stack things in corners and call it done. Yay me. ¬_¬
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

41. Likes Thefringedninja liked this post
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

What I accomplished this weekend...I have 'inherited' a new doggy
    Basically, the owner was divorced, so wasn't able to look after him anymore
    He is another golden retriever and he is so cute
    ~Favourite Anime/manga~
    Death Note
    Sekaiichi Hatsukoi
    Junjou Romantica
    Naruto Shippuuden
    Bleach
    Hetalia
    Code Geass
    Fruits Basket
    D-GrayMan
    Sora to Hara
    Kuroko no Basuke
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Closed Thread

Thread Information