AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: jumping back into anime after.... 7 years?

Junior Member lilynn is on a distinguished road lilynn's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-30-2012 02:53 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default jumping back into anime after.... 7 years?

hello everyone! ok so I am looking to get back into anime. I was a pretty big video game and anime/manga geek in high school.. but after school I started to travel around my country, east to west coast(canada).... then I started backpacking europe (I'm currently living in Germany). ANYWAY.. I have no idea where to begin. I was wondering if I could get some suggestions? I saw that there were other similar topics with people wanting to get into anime for the first time.. But I can offer some info on the series I liked so if you guys have any suggestions based on that... And I'm also open to new things! Browsing the site has been a bit difficult for me... I don't know all the ''lingo''... ....ew... promised myself I would never use that word. So this is a learning experience for me too!
    Here I go...
    tsubasa chronicle, love hina, chobits, battle royale (manga), dragonball, cardcaptors, inuyasha, I found aria interesting, I liked the anime and manga. I liked the colour pallet and the way it brought you into a calm aquatic world(I probably had a lot of stress with exams during that period lol). EVERYTHING hayao miyazaki... but nausicaa valley of the wind found a special place in my heart. as well as princess mononoke..
    There are more but these are the first that come to mind. I always felt that with anime I kind of stayed on the surface.. But now I'm a bit older and would like to go deeper. cowboy bebop and naruto were very popular in my group of friends, and I really wanted to jump into them but for some reason or another I just never had the time. But whenever I caught an episode I really liked it.
    To start.. I guess I would like to try something not too heavy. Not too action based.. Maybe something with humor.. could be adventure. I am also craving something a bit campy. But also with some adult themes.
    Magic and beautiful animation is also something I'm attracted to. I love japanese RPGs... so I don't know..
    I guess... I will leave it up to you guys!
    Thanks for taking the time to read!!
    I'm Alex!! Nice to meet you all!

Junior Member Saro has a reputation beyond repute Saro has a reputation beyond repute Saro has a reputation beyond repute Saro has a reputation beyond repute Saro has a reputation beyond repute Saro has a reputation beyond repute Saro has a reputation beyond repute Saro has a reputation beyond repute Saro has a reputation beyond repute Saro has a reputation beyond repute Saro has a reputation beyond repute Saro's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-06-2012 11:32 AM
    Threads

Default Re: jumping back into anime after.... 7 years?

Well if your looking for something a bit long that is quite funny but has its serious business arcs that are very well done, check out Gintama. It has a lot for reaccoring characters, references to a lot of other anime and video games. Its worth checking out.
    The Decisions You Make when You Have no Time To Make them, Define Who You Are.

Kind boy/Nanobyte's minion Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Uranus Henshin Pen Pen Coffee
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2016 07:48 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Mystelinth

Well if you like Japanese RPG's... and don't dislike adventure. You could try Sword Art Online its a ongoing serie about 10000 people trapped in a online MMORPG.
    Beautifull artwork and the story itself is quite interesting. (It only has 7 episodes though) Will end up with 25 episodes.

But like Saro said. Gintama is also a good choice. (252 episodes) If you're gonna watch.... The first 2 episodes are fillers but Gintama is in my opinion the funniest anime ever made haha.

Senior Member FatalEnd21 is on a distinguished road FatalEnd21's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2014 02:22 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FatalEnd21 PSN ID: FatalEnd21 Steam ID: FatalEnd21

I'd totally recommend Angel Beats! for it's beautiful animation, amazing story and has very good humor, but it only has 13 episodes,14 including the OVA. I also agree with Forbuki about Sword Art Online, it's fantastic.

5. Likes The Ace RailGun liked this post
    Senior Member The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-20-2013 05:09 PM
    I'm either in a book or I fell through the Looking Glass...
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Tahmira Steam ID: Tahmira

I'd recommend Acchi Kocchi (Place to Place) wich is a high school based type anime with a lot of obvious and irony type humor. And if you like that one then I would highly recommend The daily lives of high school boys it's got the Same setting and same type of humor plus there is a bit of RPG in the show as well. On top of those I would also recommend Eureka Seven since it's got a really good animation style E7 also has a bit of a romance theme to it, then there is also Pale Cocoon which is only an OVA and it is kind of tricky to explain with out giving the ending away, Uchuu Kyoudai (space brothers), Steins;Gate (don't even ask me to explain that one ) and last but not least Eden of the East which is a bit of a romance/mystery type show but it really does have a good animation style and the ending is a bit surprising.
    Last edited by The Ace RailGun; 08-22-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Sig Made by my self
    ~Sure you can mess with a bull just don't start bawling when you get the horns~

HugeBeetzstudio Members:
    AnimeTrek~Founder~Leader~On YouTube~Group AMV Editor
    Maximbeet~Co-Founder~On YouTube~Group AMV Editor
    SIZARY-MOMO
    OmegaOmotron

Junior Member Kirito-old is on a distinguished road Kirito-old's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-25-2012 01:54 PM
    Threads

Watch Sword Art Online!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information