AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fun

Senior Member FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2017 02:41 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ThomasakaDes

Default Re: Fun

Being driven back like you guys did is never fun.
    Being massacared in the spawn is never fun.

But if the game is close and such, then I can have fun with it.
    That's an exciting game then.

Well for fps at at least.

Member TheGuyWalking has a reputation beyond repute TheGuyWalking has a reputation beyond repute TheGuyWalking has a reputation beyond repute TheGuyWalking has a reputation beyond repute TheGuyWalking has a reputation beyond repute TheGuyWalking has a reputation beyond repute TheGuyWalking has a reputation beyond repute TheGuyWalking has a reputation beyond repute TheGuyWalking has a reputation beyond repute TheGuyWalking has a reputation beyond repute TheGuyWalking has a reputation beyond repute TheGuyWalking's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Bamboo Cup One Piece Wanted Poster
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-14-2012 08:46 PM
    Threads

Well to be honest it all depends on the type of gamer and the type of game. For example:
    Adventure games EX: DarkSouls - Something where it's really easy to die a lot and not advance quickly but makes you WANT to pass that part is fun. No matter how many times you die.
    FPS - At least for me I never realize the score until after the match is over, so it's just like whatever happens happens, but when you die after just re-spawning and you can't even get a kill then you get mad and it's not as fun but still has that spark of "Oh if I can just get one kill..."

So as I have stated it now, it all depends on the type of game and the person playing it really.

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsis View Post
    It's usually more fun when I'm losing than winning, but a bit of either works pretty nicely. In most matches I tend to sandbag (Assuming I'm actually good at it).
    Skill johns. :-P
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

4. Likes Bulf liked this post
    The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Personally, I accept both winning and losing. Both have their own merits to them.. Losing for instance always frustrates me and makes me more determined so when I finally kill someone in a FPS after a hard time it's more rewarding than when I'm on a roll picking people off left and right. I feel that when you're losing you appreciate your contribution more than when you're winning.

Then again I'm not the best player ever so I can have a negative k:d often.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    Personally, I accept both winning and losing. Both have their own merits to them.. Losing for instance always frustrates me and makes me more determined so when I finally kill someone in a FPS after a hard time it's more rewarding than when I'm on a roll picking people off left and right. I feel that when you're losing you appreciate your contribution more than when you're winning.

Then again I'm not the best player ever so I can have a negative k:d often.
    thats the exact opposite of me. I'm one of the most competitive people you're ever likely to meet. I absolutely hate losing. I'm not really a sore loser though. I keep the emotions inside when i lose. However, i sadly have to admit that i'm a terrible winner. I rub it in everyones face. Especially if i've lost to someone in the past.
    I used to live with some guys and Soul Calibur IV was the game we always played. When i started playing, my roommates were all better than me. So i sat there and practiced till my hands hurt. In the end, i was on a whole different level compared to the others and my attitude from winning made them all not wanna play me anymore. Some may think that thats no fun. However, to me, its the ultimate win. I love it!
    i'm a terrible person... haha

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin View Post

And this is why a certain infamous clan on Blur has effectively killed that game. Because they only care about winning and will ragequit with a glitch which voids the race (so no race loss is recorded) if the start doesn't go their way, play cheap by team-racing to ensure a 1-2-3 podium victory in an otherwise free-for-all game session, play unsporting by using cheap playstyles and car perks (namely the Drifter Mod, which is widely seen as being a gamebreaking game perk due to its ability to give endless speed boosts), and are generally a bunch of nuisances, drama queens, and have scared the majority of the community (notable users being myself, Crosso, the former 1NightStand team, Paragon) off of playing the game.

I like to win as much as anyone, and I know that I'm ultra-competitive. I also know that I do get insanely butthurt and rage quite badly if I lose a race without being given a shot at the possibility of winning (because I know that I have the innate skill and that those times are due to severe buttfrellery by virtue of dirty drivers(French) and oftentimes simple down-to-earth rotten luck.)

But I also like to have intense races, and a lot of races against 'fair' players (people that are aware the so-called Drifter Mod is OP and won't use it / race against people that do use it) often do result in very close races that I come out of the worse off, and for the simple fact that the run itself was close and I was given the opportunity to win and lost it on my own accord, I will be quite happy to concede an honest loss to someone who simply played better on that one lap.

So that's basically the premise. For those that tl;dr, I will always find a close match enjoyable and I will be quite happy to accept a win or a loss in that situation. Matches where I stand no chance, such as against unfair opponents who care only for their stats and not for the fact that it's a GAME, are unfun. Whilst I know nobody here does play Blur, this moral carries across to every game. Halo, CoD, Smash Bros, you name it. Most players will concede a fair and enjoyable match if said match itself is fought on close or even terms. A one-sided battle is never fun. I don't find fun in DNFing a lobby of 19 other players using a mod that gives me 40 more nitro speed boosts than everyone else, because it's unfair. similarly I don't find being DNFed by one guy who uses 40 more nitro speed boosts by me to be fun, because it doesn't showcase any actual level of skill in defeating me. just the use of a bunch of cheaply-obtained free speed boosts which is hardly that skillful.

Thread.

:l

thread edit

Tell me, which one looks the more enjoyable race: this one

or this one

The latter is me using the 'cheap' car perk. the former is me not using it. I win in both, but that's besides the point. Tell me which one you would be happy to have lost to.
    they both look Inferior to Gran Turismo 5
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Kaleohano I have always taken the opinion of 'gameplay over graphics'. If you're going to judge a game because it 'looks better' or 'looks worse' then ... meh to you, good sir.

Besides ... it's an xbox game, and it's 2 years old.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin View Post
    @Kaleohano I have always taken the opinion of 'gameplay over graphics'. If you're going to judge a game because it 'looks better' or 'looks worse' then ... meh to you, good sir.
    Sorry for the confusion. I should have clarified that i was talking about the gameplay. I figured that since the question was concerning the gameplay, that you would infer any answer to said question to be about the gameplay as well. (I think i worded that a lil weird. lol)
    Arcade racers really aren't my thing. I get bored too easily by their physics. In other words, their gameplay doesn't seem as fun as GT5 (to me).
    The visuals aren't even worth mentioning. Very few games use 500,000+ polygons for even entire maps. GT5 uses that many per car. The graphics in the game are just absolutely ridiculous lol
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information