AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Chik fil A Controversy

Member GX7 is an unknown quantity at this point GX7's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2012 03:49 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Chik fil A Controversy

Okay has anyone heard about this so called "controversial" report about the Christian owned fast food chain, as well as the mayor of Boston saying that they're not welcome because they "discriminate" against the homosexual population of America?

Well let's talk about it here and share your opinions on this situation. Me personally it's kind of stupid that a mayor can tell where a company can set up a shop and where they can't. This is America, and it seems to me that Christians are now losing their rights while homosexuals and muslims are getting more rights than Christians.

If the mayor of Boston doesn't want a Christian company in his city because Christians are supposed to hate the sin of homosexuality and not the person. Then he should throw out EVERY single church that doesn't allow gays to sit in their pews every Sunday morning or even get married within their sanctuary. I bet you THAT will go over real well. (/sarcasm)

~Neko Neko Neko~ KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Cookie Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2014 02:19 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Chik fil A Controversy

Some of my family members are christian And they don't really care if someone is homosexual or not, It's them, It's their life not ours. And if the mayor actually wants that.. Che I'd kick his a** if i had to.

3. Likes Alice Lost liked this post
    Senior Member threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Wolf
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2013 11:23 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W0LF1NN PSN ID: G0pherG0d

ChickFila is entitled to its opinion, one I dont agree with, but they are entitled to it.

To be honest, Im surprised at how many people found it shocking. I mean come one, the guy is so religious, that he is the only fast food place I know, that closes on Sundays, cause thats God's day. Was I surprised he said it out loud, maybe a little bit, but not really.

The backlash, well that comes with the territory, if they didnt expect it, then their head was in the ground.

5. Thanks TheAsterisk! thanked for this post
    Likes KingPopadopalus liked this post
    Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

I dont dislike homosexuals on from a supernatural-invisible-man-goat-nuts-voodoo-schpick standpoint. I just don't care for homosexuality from a personal/moral standpoint. I think the idea is nasty.
    That being said, i don't discriminate against homosexuals. Just cuz i don't like them is not enough reason for me to treat them differently. I only act when some dude starts making me feel uncomfortable. I have a certain line that I draw that does not get crossed. If it is crosses, prepare to deal with the consequences.

So on this, i believe strongly in the separation of state and church. Neither interacts with the other. So i don't think the Mayor should be able to kick the restaurant joint out. The homosexuals should deal with it themselves.
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

7. Thanks Mugiwara-no-Basuke thanked for this post
    Likes DOOM!, Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Dislikes Miss Moonlight disliked this post
    Heavenly Illusion Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-30-2012 03:59 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by GX7 View Post
    Okay has anyone heard about this so called "controversial" report about the Christian owned fast food chain, as well as the mayor of Boston saying that they're not welcome because they "discriminate" against the homosexual population of America?

Well let's talk about it here and share your opinions on this situation. Me personally it's kind of stupid that a mayor can tell where a company can set up a shop and where they can't. This is America, and it seems to me that Christians are now losing their rights while homosexuals and muslims are getting more rights than Christians.

If the mayor of Boston doesn't want a Christian company in his city because Christians are supposed to hate the sin of homosexuality and not the person. Then he should throw out EVERY single church that doesn't allow gays to sit in their pews every Sunday morning or even get married within their sanctuary. I bet you THAT will go over real well. (/sarcasm)

: | i dont support them in theory, tho i do eat there, not because of this, but because when i was younger, my kids meal came with a book about "world religions" =___= and they purposefully left out islam... which the second largest religion in the world....

similarly, i think they are completely wrong for this act of discrimination. In my opinion, if they dislike it, they should not only say so openly but refuse to sell to homos/muslims/whoever else they dislike..... [i know i know..outrage would ensue] but as it is, they are being hypocritical, because they will discriminate... up until the moment u open ur wallet, they take the money, then they finish discriminating : | wtf.

Back To Business ~> Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts One Piece Flag Soul Eater Shinigami-sama Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2012 02:33 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleohano View Post
    I dont dislike homosexuals on from a supernatural-invisible-man-goat-nuts-voodoo-schpick standpoint. I just don't care for homosexuality from a personal/moral standpoint. I think the idea is nasty.
    That being said, i don't discriminate against homosexuals. Just cuz i don't like them is not enough reason for me to treat them differently. I only act when some dude starts making me feel uncomfortable. I have a certain line that I draw that does not get crossed. If it is crosses, prepare to deal with the consequences.

So on this, i believe strongly in the separation of state and church. Neither interacts with the other. So i don't think the Mayor should be able to kick the restaurant joint out. The homosexuals should deal with it themselves.
    That's what mature guys do!
    It's the same with me, homessexuality is very weird for me and I hate when I'm watching a series and two guys kiss but I'll respect any homessexual as much as for an heterossexual because some homossexual are definetely much better persons than heteros like myself.

"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough."
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
    "Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    "I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge."

AFs Cutest Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-22-2019 09:35 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

This is some b-chicken
    hella

11. Likes DOOM! liked this post
    Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2016 06:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I've heard of it going around, especially on Facebook. I'm annoyed with homophobes as well with the homosexuals who demand their rights and demand respect.
    The bottom line for me is that everyone has rights, just respect one another's way and beliefs and be kind to one another. >_>; As for this controversy, I don't really care too much of it because it's not affecting me.

Member Tewi Inaba is an unknown quantity at this point Tewi Inaba's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2012 03:27 PM
    Threads

I think i agree that The Mayor went a little far....
    But Mr.Chik Fila Owner Guy Should of expected that comes with the territory tho...
    Im Hope Someday that everyone can get over this issue....

Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Seung-li View Post
    I've heard of it going around, especially on Facebook. I'm annoyed with homophobes as well with the homosexuals who demand their rights and demand respect.
    The bottom line for me is that everyone has rights, just respect one another's way and beliefs and be kind to one another. >_>; As for this controversy, I don't really care too much of it because it's not affecting me.
    I agree... Especially now that it's all "We're gay! We demand more rights than everyone else and respect!". I think that they deserve the same human rights as every American has. However if they want to be respected among the American people. They need to EARN that respect. You don't just demand respect, you earn it!

And getting this out into the open. My stance on gay marriage is one word: compromise. That's right make both Christians and homosexuals happy. Why can't there be compromise in politics I have no idea. But it needs to happen starting now, and with Obama and Romney. I don't care what side thinks. Republicans and Democrats can work together instead of against each other. And they know it. They just don't do it.

One final note. If the Westboro Baptist Church continues down it's current course of hatred. Then Christians may find themselves worshiping Christ in underground churches. Think about that. Christianity's image is being tainted by that damned Phelps family in Kansas.

15. Dislikes Miss Moonlight disliked this post
    Senior Member Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon 104 - Cubone Saxophone
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2016 09:09 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bassoonist26

I'll never eat there again.

That would have more effect if I actually ate there regularly. However, I didn't have much against the place before this and would (and did) eat there if I was out with friends. But not anymore.

Of course, they have the right to have an stance, and to be open about it. However, I also have the right to say "Screw them!". Particularly for all the money donated to those hate groups. There is no way in hell I'm going to go spend my money there now. I don't want even an cent of my money going to such groups. It's just disgusting.

On the other hand, I have a new-found respect for The Muppets. =P

I agree... Especially now that it's all "We're gay! We demand more rights than everyone else and respect!".
    More rights than everyone else? What are these rights that homosexuals are 'demanding' that you are speaking of that are 'more' than anyone else?

One final note. If the Westboro Baptist Church continues down it's current course of hatred. Then Christians may find themselves worshiping Christ in underground churches. Think about that. Christianity's image is being tainted by that damned Phelps family in Kansas.
    I don't know about you, but I don't take the Westboro Baptist Church seriously. I mean I do take them seriously as in I think that they are bad, and that picketing funerals is an horribly low thing to do. However, as part of their religion I do not take them seriously.

You don't need Westboro Baptist Church to ruin Christianity's image. Plain Christianity has done plenty to destroy its own image.
    Last edited by Aulos; 07-26-2012 at 09:21 PM.

~Made by me~

17. Thanks Miss Moonlight thanked for this post
    Likes Acnologia, Miss Moonlight, Yuuchun liked this post
    Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleohano View Post
    I agree to an extend. As a straight man, it makes me pretty uncomfortable, even when joking. (Unless we're bros and we pretty much know we're straight) Like I was talking this dude I barely even know and he called me "Little Nasty Boy" despite of being being 5 years younger than me and then he did some pretty gay smiles over Skype like "make-up" or Kisses....I didn't tell him anything since I didn't want to hurt his feelings but that's pretty gay there.

People are free to live their live how they want but try to keep me out of it. I agree about the part if they start to harass me after I tell them I am not interested then yeah consequences will happen but usually from what I observed or being told, that's usually not the case and they move on. So it's all good right there.

I can't say I dislike homosexuals but sometimes, some of them they have this attitude I really dislike like this one member that should remain nameless, a few from other forums and in real life. It gets pretty annoying and I'm not the only one who thinks so but overall, I don't dislike or hate homosexuals.

Everyone should be treated equally though.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 07-26-2012 at 09:51 PM.

Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Bassoonista View Post
    I'll never eat there again.

That would have more effect if I actually ate there regularly. However, I didn't have much against the place before this and would (and did) eat there if I was out with friends. But not anymore.

Of course, they have the right to have an stance, and to be open about it. However, I also have the right to say "Screw them!". Particularly for all the money donated to those hate groups. There is no way in hell I'm going to go spend my money there now. I don't want even an cent of my money going to such groups. It's just disgusting.

On the other hand, I have a new-found respect for The Muppets. =P

More rights than everyone else? What are these rights that homosexuals are 'demanding' that you are speaking of that are 'more' than anyone else?

I don't know about you, but I don't take the Westboro Baptist Church seriously. I mean I do take them seriously as in I think that they are bad, and that picketing funerals is an horribly low thing to do. However, as part of their religion I do not take them seriously.

You don't need Westboro Baptist Church to ruin Christianity's image. Plain Christianity has done plenty to destroy its own image.
    Well from what I hear is that homosexuals are getting more rights than Christians. One story I heard from my parents, that a Christian photography business refused to do a homosexual wedding. The couple sued and actually won the case. Basically the rights of a business is less important than a homosexual couples right to have whatever business to photograph their wedding.

How has Christianity tainted it's own image? Besides the stupid crusades which shouldn't really count because that was the politics back in medieval Europe. How can Christianity ruin it's own image? Quite honestly the Westboro Baptist Church is doing a bang up job of making the world think God is a malviolent and hateful God, who wants nothing more than to punish humanity for it's sins.

Senior Member Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith's Avatar
    Gil
    Ornery
    Gifts Cheshire Cat
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-25-2012 10:52 PM
    Threads

Chik fil A has a right as a company to deny service to any customer for any reason because it is a privately owned corporation. Going so far as to say it is against homosexuals and devorcies is another thing because it is discrimination but I suppose it is in the scope of their rights to deny service regardless. As for the Mayor aspect he can deny them permits to set up business if he has a sound reason other wise he is SOL because if they purchase the land and build on the property he will need a lawful reason to run them out of town.

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Christianity's image is being tainted by that damned Phelps family in Kansas.
    That is so annoying. They're tiny, just a dozen people or so, but they get insane amounts of press.

In the context of this thread I'd say the right to have elected officials kick out businesses just because an owner says something the gay community doesn't like. I think the expectation of stuff like that is why this issue is as heated as it is and unfortunately vicious.

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

Quote Originally Posted by The Entire Forum View Post
    People are free to live their live how they want but try to keep me out of it. I agree about the part if they start to harass me after I tell them I am not interested then yeah consequences will happen but usually from what I observed or being told, that's usually not the case and they move on. So it's all good right there.
    They do. I can only think of one occasion where a gentleman at a party would not back off of me and i had to adopt a more threatening tone. Borderline ready to knock him the f'k out. But the tone was enough to finish him. lol
    Last edited by Kaleohano; 07-27-2012 at 03:04 AM.
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
    That is so annoying. They're tiny, just a dozen people or so, but they get insane amounts of press.

In the context of this thread I'd say the right to have elected officials kick out businesses just because an owner says something the gay community doesn't like. I think the expectation of stuff like that is why this issue is as heated as it is and unfortunately vicious.
    They're more than a dozen. In fact the entire church is just one big hateful family... Literally.

Senior Member Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon 104 - Cubone Saxophone
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2016 09:09 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bassoonist26

Well from what I hear is that homosexuals are getting more rights than Christians. One story I heard from my parents, that a Christian photography business refused to do a homosexual wedding. The couple sued and actually won the case. Basically the rights of a business is less important than a homosexual couples right to have whatever business to photograph their wedding.
    That is plain discrimination though. Regardless of your or my opinion on the rights of businesses, that's not an issue of "special rights" for homosexuals.

How has Christianity tainted it's own image? Besides the stupid crusades which shouldn't really count because that was the politics back in medieval Europe. How can Christianity ruin it's own image?
    Oh yeah, it happened back in Medieval Europe, so it doesn't count! Right.

It actually makes no difference to me. The Roman Catholic Church did some absolutely terribly things. I don't care that the religion is different today. They have continued to do bad, and continue to do bad even today. And it takes them several hundred years to ever apologize for any of it. They're a very shady organization that has nothing to prove themselves with and always ends up on the wrong side of history regarding human's rights. And is always very proud about it, as well. You know until years after the group actually gains their rightful rights and discrimination and hatred toward that group is no longer accepted by the more progressive society.

(I don't mean that every single church, much less every single Christian is at fault, but generally they don't deserve a good image and it's all by their own doing.)

Quite honestly the Westboro Baptist Church is doing a bang up job of making the world think God is a malviolent and hateful God, who wants nothing more than to punish humanity for it's sins.
    To be honest, I'm not convinced that's all of that inaccurate of an portrayal.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
    That move is not actually a popular move from what I've seen. Neither among the LGBT people, nor the people who are supportive of the LGBT community and their rights.

~Made by me~

25. Thanks Miss Moonlight thanked for this post
    Likes Miss Moonlight liked this post
    Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

They're more than a dozen. In fact the entire church is just one big hateful family... Literally.
    I said a dozen or so because I think they've got more than 12. I'm not sure of their total numbers, but it's well below 100.

That is plain discrimination though. Regardless of your or my opinion on the rights of businesses, that's not an issue of "special rights" for homosexuals.
    Except, in that case, it explicitly is a case of special rights. Generally businesses, especially ones that involve personal interactions and creating art have right to say "no". For example if you were a graphic artist or songwriter and the Westboro Baptists church thought their signs and slogans just weren't catchy enough to really spread the hate and wanted you to put together something for them, you could say "no." Or you could say no if you just thought the project sounded lame.

However that state had recently passed legislation saying that you can't say no to someone if you can't show the reason wasn't because they were gay. It explicitly gave that class of people special rights, or rather restricted the rights of others.

So when this company didn't want to photograph something they found distastful, they get to lose their company, unless they feel like operating in a position where they have to photograph whatever homosexuals ask them to or pay them a hefty sum of case.

That move is not actually a popular move from what I've seen. Neither among the LGBT people, nor the people who are supportive of the LGBT community and their rights.
    I've seen a bit of that and find it reasuring. The bible does speak about homosexuality (well, there is some debate). But in any case it's not held up as especially bad, and Jesus isn't quoted as speaking on it. It's just there alongside lists of things like greed, envy, lying, boasting, and pride that are considered bad traits for a Christian to demonstrate.

However it obviously generates a much more intense response from religious folk and I think a chunk of the reason is that nobody expects to get sued for discriminating against someone because they're a lier, nor do they expect a political action committee of GELB (Greed Envy Lying Boasting) people to attack them. However it's easy to get Christians scared of those things regarding the LGBTQ community.

In part because those things are already happening. But I think this is a trend that could be changed.

I don't mean that every single church, much less every single Christian is at fault, but generally they don't deserve a good image and it's all by their own doing
    I think there was a change in how Christianity acted once it's scope became that of entire countries. (Well, and as a protestant I think the Catholics were completely shanghaied.)

Origionally it sounds like Christians were the sort of people you wanted to be around, even if you thought they were nuts (with the not lying and whatnot). I think that's part of why Christianity spread despite persecution.

Well, I suppose initially people could just wander down to the Palestinian region and ask people about what they saw, but after a couple generations you'd just have stories, and the religion had spread far enough it would be really hard to make the trip.

For a time Christians have had it good about not being persecuted, especially in America with that whole first amendment thing. However as those protections crumble I find Christians want to respond to threats of persecution with anger and aggression. I suppose that's understandable, but not especially "Christian". Which is why I'm supportive of LGBTQ individuals and rights in general.

Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Oh yeah, it happened back in Medieval Europe, so it doesn't count! Right.

It actually makes no difference to me. The Roman Catholic Church did some absolutely terribly things. I don't care that the religion is different today. They have continued to do bad, and continue to do bad even today. And it takes them several hundred years to ever apologize for any of it. They're a very shady organization that has nothing to prove themselves with and always ends up on the wrong side of history regarding human's rights. And is always very proud about it, as well. You know until years after the group actually gains their rightful rights and discrimination and hatred toward that group is no longer accepted by the more progressive society.

(I don't mean that every single church, much less every single Christian is at fault, but generally they don't deserve a good image and it's all by their own doing.)
    Let's count their offenses shall we? They judge by denying communion, they killed many innocent people during the crusades because they thought those "godless" people deserve death, let's not forget the fact that the crusaders were "forgiven" of their sins without a confession, Joan of Arc was put to death because a bishop was donkey, the knights templar were tortured and killed by the church because a certain king couldn't pay back his loan. There are more but I'm not going to name them right now. I do agree that the church has become a shady organization. Makes you wonder what will happen whenever the rapture takes place. Will all Catholics get left behind? Most likely... The scary thing is that I have an uncle, cousins and life long friends who are Catholic. Heck, my first Catholic funeral was when my aunt died of brain cancer.

boopaloop! TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2012 08:46 PM
    Threads

it seems to me that Christians are now losing their rights while homosexuals and muslims are getting more rights than Christians.
    Here we go again. Tell me: what rights are you being denied- I would LOVE to know. Since, of course, we are all aware that heterosexual Christian white males in the US of A are just completely discriminated against. You know, literally the only group that has been able to vote, own land, marry, join the military, and participate in any form of political anything since the pilgrims. This goes for Britain, as well.
    Or are you talking about the several Christians groups who have tried to get bullying homosexuals in schools permitted on religious grounds and denied? It makes me fantasize about making their lives miserable

Almost sorry for the thick syrup of sarcasm that is this post, but people whining about Christians and their rights being denied get on my nerves.

EDIT: God, I need to learn to keep a cool head. Sorry about the in-your-faceness. Still stand by what I said, though- just not as rude.
    Last edited by TheThunderBringer; 07-27-2012 at 05:11 PM.

"dude your user name is B.A! props! sounds like a stoner metal band *loves stoner metal*...i might steal it >.>"

-RaShayRitto

29. Thanks Acnologia thanked for this post
    🐮🔪 "I'll see it when I believe it" 🐮🔪 ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Cookie Cookie Hedgehog
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2023 02:57 PM
    The corner of Everywhere and Nowhere, ya dig?
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: TwilightWolf2508 Steam ID: zombiewolf2508

Honestly, I could care less if Chik-Fil-A hates gays. If they deny a gay service, said gay can simply sue. The only reason companies are even giving any opinion is because they know the media will spread word around and there's no such thing as bad publicity. I doubt CFA's statement about gays has anything at all to do with homosexuality or Christianity.

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Really? REALLY? Christianity is one of the most biased, hypocritical, judgmental religions out there. Christians have more rights than anyone in this country. If you aren't Christian, then you're often looked down upon or seen as an outcast. If you support something that goes against Christianity, then you hate Christians or are Satanic. Christians aren't losing their rights. People just no longer fear Christianity as they once did. Now, people are beginning to speak their mind more, make their own decisions, and basically break away from Christianity. People are able to be more open about things now, so things are changing. I know I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for this, but Christianity has become a corrupted religion. People are starting to see that now, and power is starting to shift.

My mood on a daily basis

31. Thanks TheThunderBringer, Miss Moonlight thanked for this post
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieWolf2508 View Post
    Honestly, I could care less if Chik-Fil-A hates gays. If they deny a gay service, said gay can simply sue. The only reason companies are even giving any opinion is because they know the media will spread word around and there's no such thing as bad publicity. I doubt CFA's statement about gays has anything at all to do with homosexuality or Christianity.

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Really? REALLY? Christianity is one of the most biased, hypocritical, judgmental religions out there. Christians have more rights than anyone in this country. If you aren't Christian, then you're often looked down upon or seen as an outcast. If you support something that goes against Christianity, then you hate Christians or are Satanic. Christians aren't losing their rights. People just no longer fear Christianity as they once did. Now, people are beginning to speak their mind more, make their own decisions, and basically break away from Christianity. People are able to be more open about things now, so things are changing. I know I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for this, but Christianity has become a corrupted religion. People are starting to see that now, and power is starting to shift.
    Really? You say Christianity is corrupt? I have to disagree strongly about it. Yes I'll agree Christians have been judgmental. First the Bible and Ten Commandments have been outlawed by a now dead and foul mouthed old hag atheist. Now everybody has this image in their head that Christians are mindless zombies, that worship a deity that denies humans their free will. Well I got news for you. I am a Christian, does that mean I've been stripped of my free will to make decisions for myself? HELL NO! I say foul words in my writing and out loud, I have done some things that will remain unmentioned, and most of those things I've done I'm just not proud of doing in the first place. Christians know that God created free will. It's part of the human equation that atheists claim Christians forgot about. I was never indoctrinated/brainwashed into my free will when I started going to church. Nobody, not even Jesus Christ, has taken that away from me. Heck I've renewed by faith in Christ more times than I can count. I wouldn't be surprised that I would go to Hell when I die, because Jesus just got tired of me asking for forgiveness for the millionth time I sinned.

In fact that I would say that groups like the Freedom From Religion Foundation can just go kiss the Pope's donkey for all I care. They have no clue what they're talking about. They claim that Christians are just brainwashed people who are stripped of their free will? Well they need to get their facts straight. Christians still have their free will. It will be a part of every human being until they die. Every human being is entitled to believe in what they want without others telling them they're just slaves to a "myth". I'll just pray for a person's or peoples' souls, you know? Because it seems prayer is the strongest weapon in a Christian's arsenal, than the Bible and being a witness. Plus prayer doesn't involve any form of discrimination.

Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2016 06:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Jeeze, I'm Roman Catholic. M'Kay...? I can just say I'm not part of the wacko Christians and Roman Catholics that are out there. Homosexuals aren't ruining me or affecting me in some kind of way. Stated from my one post, respect is earned for everyone and anyone. Doesn't matter what religion. And regardless, let's settle nicely with their waffle fries. It's 11:18 PM here where I am at. I reeeeally want some.

34. Thanks Acnologia thanked for this post
    Dreams of a moonlit night Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Cookie Green Tea Coke
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2014 10:49 PM
    Threads

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but Chick fil A as a company who serves a wide range of people shouldn't be saying these sorts of things publicly. As someone said earlier it is quite hypocritical of them to say something like that but at the end of the day they still accept money spent in their store by people whom they deem as sinners. Also can we stop this finger pointing at each other's religions? Every religion has its good, bad, ups and downs.

On another note lately America seems to be forgetting what is written in the Constitution...
    Last edited by Yuuchun; 07-27-2012 at 11:34 PM.
    Original art by Wanmeishala
    Graphic set by Seung-li

Passed between dreams and reality and disappeared like an illusion
    Because the moon that day was too far and my memory was vague

Please visit
    FanfictionRPGs: The School of Seven TowersTumblr

Closed Thread

Thread Information