AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: [News] Massacre at Denver movie theater

Member GX7 is an unknown quantity at this point GX7's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2012 03:49 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: [News] Massacre at Denver movie theater

Quote Originally Posted by The Entire Forum View Post
    But if you're gonna apologize it's better to mention the person but bah...whatever man, let's drop this..it's pointless now though.

Thanks for apologizing.
    Yeah let's drop the subject. You're welcome by the way.

I went and saw the Dark Knight Rises today. I always kept my eyes on the exit door. Just in case some idiot would attempt to scare us with a toy rifle or actually try to cause harm towards us. I was actually hoping for the former. As I would burst into laughter watching a bunch of grown men who brought their families to see the movie; beat the ever living hell out of the idiot with the toy rifle. What? Don't give me any weird looks.

Senior Member Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Black Guitar
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2014 08:32 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: OG_APPLEJACKS

I think my brain exploded when I saw this on the news. As senseless and despicable as this is, it was (just as many times before it) a fact of life rearing its ugly head. We live in a world where things like this happen in Somalia, Iraq, Iran, etc. every day and all we are given is a number. A number of how many people were killed or wounded. That's it. No details, no outcries from the masses, nothing. However, once it happens on American or European soil, the world screams for justice. As humans, an instinct is to kill. There! I said it. We're supposedly civilized and then something like this happens. Do I think the bastard that slaughtered those people deserves to be drawn and quartered? Sure I do! Will it happen!? No! He'll rot in a prison cell until he gasps his last breath to begin his quick descent into hell forcing the tax payers of the United States to pay for his meals and other "human rights." In all honesty, and deny it if you want, if the news just went over this story as another killing, the masses would be insanely riled up. This kind of scumbag is the reason that the government is trying to revoke the 2nd Amendment. HE is the reason that violence in movies/video games is an increasing hot button issue.

I understand that this was a tragedy and we should all feel some level of sorrow. Me? I feel nothing. Wrong place, wrong time. I feel no pity for the gunman. I feel no pity for the victims. If that makes me a horrible person, so be it. They way I see it is that a random act of violence took place and there is NOTHING we can do about it. Now we'll all get searched at the movie theater the same way we do at an airport or sporting event. The world is full of bad people and when citizens act as though a mass murder is the first time it's ever happened, I get sick to my stomach.

As I said before, I realize that what happened is wrong and the killer should be reprimanded to the fullest extent that the American Justice System will allow. However, feeling pity for strangers is something I refuse to do. It happened. Move on.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1693336.html

Damn....it's about to get real. o.o

Some moviegoers thought that Holmes, who was wearing a gas mask and body armor, was part of the movie premiere.
    Probably explains why no one did CRAP about it....They probably thought he was cosplaying Bane. -____________- Still dumb they didn't find it suspicious at all.

Look over there ---> Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Hyundai Coupe Mario Bowser Shell Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2022 04:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: PrinnyBombed

Because Batman and comic book heroes are only for adults? That's really close-minded to say. I think the better question is "Who would bring a baby to watch a midnight movie?" bringing the 6 year old kid was passable but the baby....the BABY? That was dumb.
    Midnight showing... Kids should be sleeping at that time.

From 11pm to 3am, most of your blood circulation concentrates in your liver. Your liver gets larger when filled with more blood. This is an important time when your body undergoes detoxification process. Your liver neutralizes and breaks down body toxins accumulated throughout the day.
    However if you don't sleep at this time, your liver cannot carry out this detoxification process smoothly.
    • If you sleep at 11pm, you have full 4 hours to detoxify your body.
    • If you sleep at 12am, you have 3 hours.
    • If you sleep at 1am, you have 2 hours.
    • And if you sleep at 2am, you only have 1 hour to detoxify.
    What if you sleep after 3am? Unfortunately, you won't have any time to actually detoxify your body. If you continue with this sleeping pattern, these toxins will accumulate in your body over time.
    Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/2797303
    Yeah let's all be open minded like you instead of making sure our kids are in good health.

5. Dislikes Hanamaru Kunikida disliked this post
    Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Immoral View Post
    Midnight showing... Kids should be sleeping at that time.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/2797303
    Yeah let's all be open minded like you instead of making sure our kids are in good health.
    I mean I was saying it's stupid to say "Why would a child bring to watch Batman?" because Batman is a cartoon figure for kids, why shouldn't kids be allowed to watch Batman or Spider-Man? That's what I am calling close-minded....What I am saying is the better question is "Who is stupid to bring children to a MIDNIGHT movie?" But it has nothing to do with Batman...I am saying that kids should be already asleep on at 12:00AM. Didn't you read me calling the parents dumb for bringing their children to a MIDNIGHT movie? Even @GX7 got what I meant.

You're not only agreeing with me but posted something that enforces my argument yet you're arguing with me? Am I missing something? Or perhaps the stupidity epidemic has affected a lot of people.

Damn, this forum is just going so low they don't know what they are arguing about anymore....it's like they should put an I.Q Test before registering.

ts;dr (Too Stupid, didn't read) - The parents were stupid for bringing their children to a MIDNIGHT movie, not Batman...there's nothing wrong with Batman.

The stupidity plague is near us....=(
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 07-23-2012 at 09:31 AM.

Back To Business ~> Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts One Piece Flag Soul Eater Shinigami-sama Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2012 02:33 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Immoral View Post
    As Eris said "Why the hell were people bringing their kids to watch The Dark Knight Rises?"

Honestly the parents that brought a BABY to the movie theater showed their lack in judgement and parenting skills. Not only should the baby be at home at a MIDNIGHT showing but the noise alone is more than a baby should be exposed to at an early age.

Because Batman and comic book heroes are only for adults? That's really close-minded to say. I think the better question is "Who would bring a baby to watch a midnight movie?" bringing the 6 year old kid was passable but the baby....the BABY? That was dumb.
    That's really unbelievable indeed, bringing a baby to watch a midnight movie! (if the parents or whoever took that baby wanted to see the movie so much they should've let him with a nanny or with somebody else and if they couldn't afford it/had no one to stay with their baby should've just stayed home).

Thinking right about it, we quite ofently do a lot some dumb things knowing that we shouldn't do so and trust luck that everything will go fine.
    Unfortunately, that dumb thing costed a baby's life that can't ever be returned, which is most regrettable.

"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough."
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
    "Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    "I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge."

Moderator Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Wine Kangaroo
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 04:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Although this news saddened me, it did not surprise me. There are plenty of psychotic ppl out there but most countries have laws in place so they CAN'T GET GUNS!

9. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video...u53fRnqwV5SuSv

Someone needs to shoot this guy for the nonsense he's talking.

Member GX7 is an unknown quantity at this point GX7's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2012 03:49 AM
    Threads

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video...u53fRnqwV5SuSv

Someone needs to shoot this guy for the nonsense he's talking.
    GOD DAMN IT! ANYBODY BUT THE WESTBORO BAPTIST CHURCH! They are the worst people out there. Now they are spreading their God forsaken cultist message through the internet? COULD GOD PLEASE JUST END THEIR HERETICAL HORSE CRAP!?

12. Dislikes Mugiwara-no-Basuke disliked this post
    Senior Member elisaelisa is a name known to all elisaelisa is a name known to all elisaelisa is a name known to all elisaelisa is a name known to all elisaelisa is a name known to all elisaelisa is a name known to all elisaelisa's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-27-2013 07:41 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MaruDashi View Post
    Ah, ok. Though still, arent those supposed to be locked from the outside? Either someone helped him get in or he set the door up so that he could get in
    No. Emergency exit is not supposed to be locked from neither side, but normally it gives an alarm to security when opened.
    To lock emergency exit is serious breach of health and safety rules, and if any company does it then they are in the wrong cos they are not allowed to.

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Luffy View Post
    I'd love to live in US but this kind of new actually scarry me, I feel very happy for living in such a peaceful city.
    This is npot the usual crime that shows if place is peaceful or not.
    Usual crime rate may be well low in any place, but it does not prevent these things from happening. Norway and Finland are with very low crime rates compared to most of the Europe for example, yet, Norway had Anders Breivik and Finland saw a schoolshooting just before that.

Psychos may happen anywhere... unfortunately.

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    What I want to know is what do they plan to do with theater 9?.... I mean I don't think anyone would ever wish to sit in that theater and watch a movie. No locals/family/friends/victims would want sit in there ever again. It's such a big space though and I'm not sure how the theater can afford to have one less screen and such a big unused space.
    I'd like to know that too.
    Horrible incident, so horrible, and i don't imagine for example showings going on there. I mean, i imagine they as business might need to do it...but i sure would not feel good siting there watching some comedy for example...
    Must love the AncientTechReborn's Dubstep and other apps
    AnientTechReborn FTW!

Always sunny day where i am

14. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Back To Business ~> Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts One Piece Flag Soul Eater Shinigami-sama Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2012 02:33 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by elisaelisa View Post
    This is npot the usual crime that shows if place is peaceful or not.
    Usual crime rate may be well low in any place, but it does not prevent these things from happening. Norway and Finland are with very low crime rates compared to most of the Europe for example, yet, Norway had Anders Breivik and Finland saw a schoolshooting just before that.

Psychos may happen anywhere... unfortunately.
    Yeah, you're quite right about it, as reading your first sentence the killing on Norway by Breivik a year ago immediately came into my mind, while that country is one of the safest in the Europe, with very low crime rates.

So I am unfortunately forced to conclude that your last sentence is very very true.

Despite all the events similar to this that TV shows each of them still is msot unfortunate, horrible and a complete stain to humanity.
    Last edited by Mugiwara-no-Basuke; 07-24-2012 at 01:48 PM.

"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough."
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
    "Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    "I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge."

16. Likes elisaelisa liked this post
    Senior Member Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Pocky
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2013 06:15 PM
    Threads

I was implying the exact opposite actually. Scientist go loco, that's what I meant and this is what happened to him...he's gone mad.
    My bad. I misread it.

I don't wanna sound like I actually think it matters but with all the conspiracies going around....I'm not really into conspiracies but I don't belied them or disbelieve them. Regardless it's good not to stay ignorant on what could be really going on.
    Is there really that much that could be going on? It seemed very open and shut to me.

I am not saying about the killing part....that's sadly painfully obvious but did you even read what kind firearms he had, all those magazines too....Matter of fact how can a person in his position have gotten all the money to afford all of that? With no job not to mention. The people on that theater must have been careless as hell.....he went through like nothing...Someone must have seen the dude going in.
    I'm a fairly uninformed when it comes to US gun laws. I assumed you went through some minor police check (alike the police checks everyone in the UK has to go through before applying for jobs involving children) and then you take the evidence to a gun store and buy whatever you want. What are the restrictions? Do they keep check of ammo. I heard he bought a lot of equipment online. Are there any US regulations on sales of arms online?
    I heard his rifle jammed in the theatre. If so that probably saved a few lives.

Even if someone seen him going in would the outcome have been any different at all? Heck if anyone tried to stop him, they would be shoot. The slightly quicker (assuming someone immediately called the cops) response from the cops wouldn't have helped much either. The killer was already finished his rampage and was getting ready to leave when they arrived.

Oh, I never said it was impressive either. Stop assuming or putting words into my mouth, man. You're forgetting that like it or not, this is a current event. And people are still talking about it and making videos about the topic. Nothing wrong.
    That was more of a rant that I had built up. Im sorry it came across like I was aiming it at you in particular. The lack of spacing with the second paragraph was to blame so that was my bad. Sorry.

I'm aware that people are interested hence people will talk and obviously the news is going to want to inform them. Its not morally wrong at all. It might be a bad idea all the same. I still see it as a vicious cycle because the more we talk about the killer, the more notorious the killer becomes and because of this it is more likely that another killer attempt to emulate them. Just to can gain the same notoriety.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rylingo View Post
    Is there really that much that could be going on? It seemed very open and shut to me.
    It's cool, I didn't specify a lot myself.

But what you're saying could be very true, maybe a lot of people are looking too much into it, myself included. Heck, I read recently that there was gonna be an attack on par to the one in 9/11 in the London Olympics...I don't believe or disbelieve it either though. I been doing a lot of reading considering this summer is dry in games, I am taking the advantage of my time to read these stuff.

I'm a fairly uninformed when it comes to US gun laws. I assumed you went through some minor police check (alike the police checks everyone in the UK has to go through before applying for jobs involving children) and then you take the evidence to a gun store and buy whatever you want. What are the restrictions? Do they keep check of ammo. I heard he bought a lot of equipment online. Are there any US regulations on sales of arms online?
    I heard his rifle jammed in the theatre. If so that probably saved a few lives.

Even if someone seen him going in would the outcome have been any different at all? Heck if anyone tried to stop him, they would be shoot. The slightly quicker (assuming someone immediately called the cops) response from the cops wouldn't have helped much either. The killer was already finished his rampage and was getting ready to leave when they arrived.
    I heard that what he bought was still legal so that can't be used against him....but the money, how? He was just some loser science NERD WITH NO JOB at all. He wasn't even a respectable scientist.

What I recently read what that some people saw him entering but they thought he was just some dude cosplaying as Bane, but wearing a Gas Mark and an Armor is beyond cisplaying....there needed to be some suspension.

That was more of a rant that I had built up. Im sorry it came across like I was aiming it at you in particular. The lack of spacing with the second paragraph was to blame so that was my bad. Sorry.

I'm aware that people are interested hence people will talk and obviously the news is going to want to inform them. Its not morally wrong at all. It might be a bad idea all the same. I still see it as a vicious cycle because the more we talk about the killer, the more notorious the killer becomes and because of this it is more likely that another killer attempt to emulate them. Just to can gain the same notoriety.
    You're right though, people like him doesn't deserve the attention for his horrible crimes.

I feel there's more to the story, maybe there's not...If sometimes comes it comes, if it doesn't then oh well.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 07-24-2012 at 05:38 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information