AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Resources: Image Galleries, Fonts, Programs, & More

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Default Resources: Image Galleries, Fonts, Programs, & More

Hello everyone! I give you our one stop source for any resources you may need to start working on your own things. This ranges from recommended editing programs, fonts and links to image galleries for stocks.
    Feel free to submit any suggestions. DO NOT SUGGEST ANYTHING ON DEVIANT ART! IT WILL BE INSTANTLY DENIED AND DELETED!
    I will review them and possibly add them if the cause and quality is right.
    PLEASE REPORT ANY BROKEN/OUTDATED LINKS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extraction/Image/Stock Galleries:
    AnimeGalleries is a fantastic image gallery, and I highly recommend looking around there. If you can't find what you are looking for, use this as a guide for other places to look.

1. renders-graphiques: (Extractions: Anime, Games, Human, Comic, CG & More)
    This is a French site so be warned. The quality of the extractions is typically top notch and has a very wide selection of images you can choose from. No registration needed to view galleries.

2. Planet Renders: (Extractions: Anime, Games, CG, Cartoon, Others)
    Registration to view galleries is required but still very good quality renders, wide selection for almost any extracted stock you may need.

3. Baka Renders: (Extractions: Game, People, Anime/Manga, Comic)
    Wide selection of good quality extractions for your use. Nicely organized however registration is needed to view galleries.

More coming later.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fonts:

DaFont
    http://www.dafont.com/
    Hosts a large variety of font types (Fancy, Foreign look, techno, bitmap, gothic, basic, script, dingbats, holiday)
    You can browse the fonts by the style, or alphabetically ...

(More coming soon)

If you need anime logos, please refer to this thread: http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...es-Anime-Logos

Editing Programs:

A. Image Editing: Our most popular trade of art here at Anime Forum is image editing. Either by signatures, avatars, gifs, wallpapers, vectors, manipulations, photography, and other products. Following this we have some recommended image editing programs you can check out. Some are suggestions from our previous program resource thread found here: http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...aphic-programs

A.1 - FREE PROGRAMS

GIMP: (Windows, MAC, Linux)
    GIMP is an acronym for GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a freely distributed program for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring. It has many capabilities. It can be used as a simple paint program, an expert quality photo retouching program, an online batch processing system, a mass production image renderer, an image format converter, etc.

Paint.NET: (Windows)
    Paint.NET is free image and photo editing software for computers that run Windows. It features an intuitive and innovative user interface with support for layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools.

A.2 - PROGRAMS THAT COST MONEY
    I recommend trying out the legal trials found on their sites before buying any program that cost money.

Photoshop: (Windows, MAC)
    Photoshop has many different versions, Elements, CS5, and CS6 are among the most common amongst simple and advanced editing of images. It comes with a wide variety of tools and effects to use as well as the option to download almost any 3rd party brush, pattern, style you may wish to DL and import. You can do almost any type of design work with this program. Simple editing, advanced editing, painting, image touch-ups, 3D, GIFS, and many more. The price range for the programs varies. The older programs such as Elements and previous Creative Suites (CS) will be much cheaper than the latest CS5 & 6. Currently PS CS5 is my most recommended program. If you don't have quite the money for a newer version later versions do work fine. Up until half a year ago I work with PS Elements 6.0 (from 2007) Had the most important features you need.

PaintShop Pro: (Windows)

Fast, Powerful and Intuitive Photo Editing! Incredibly easy to use interactive ‘How To’ guides and great tutorials. Apply non-destructive adjustments and filters. Create stunning photo effects with easy High Dynamic Range (HDR) image merging. Quickly and accurately remove people and objects from photographs. Bring old and damaged photos back to life with restore and repair tools. Compatible with all popular image formats including Raw files. This program is good for photography based image editing.

B. Digital Painting & Vectoring: Aside from traditional art we have our digital art. These are some programs you could use for your digital art such as vectors, dig. paintings

B.1 - FREE PROGRAMS

None at the moment; check back later or inform us if you know of any!

B.2 - PROGRAMS THAT COST MONEY
    I recommend trying out the legal trials found on their sites before buying any program that cost money.

CorelDRAW: (Windows & Tablet friendly)
    Superior vector illustration & page layout, Versatile drawing and tracing tools, Professional photo editing-capabilities, Powerful website design software.

Painter 12 (Windows, MAC)

Corel® Painter™ 12 is the world’s leading digital art software. Designed for artists by artists, it opens up a world of creativity by offering progressive drawing tools, lifelike Natural-Media® brushes and the most realistic digital painting experience. With its impressive array of brushes, paper textures, paints, oils, watercolors and more, there are no limits to what you can create! And thanks to extensive file support, you can also build upon projects you've started in other programs, making Painter a great complement to Adobe® Photoshop®

Adobe Illustrator: (Windows, MAC)

If you need a top of the line graphics program that deals in both raster and vector graphics, Illustrator offers more than any other graphics program on the market. However, the learning curve is significant.

C. Video Editing:

Coming soon.
    Last edited by blueangel06661; 11-09-2012 at 06:21 AM.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

2. Thanks Vaishu, mimiruchan, Holocast thanked for this post
    Likes mimiruchan liked this post
    Dislikes XioNOverMazes disliked this post
    Junior Member Anastasiy is on a distinguished road Anastasiy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2015 01:33 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Resources: Image Galleries, Fonts, and Programs

I guess it's an old thread but what about ArtRage and PaintTool SAI? Are they any good?

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

I'm bumping this up! I also removed some broken links

I'm going to add a place for resource tools such as brushes, actions, shapes and so forth so please recommend sites (preferably keep it to PS, GIMP, or SAI formats)
    I will NOT take Deviant Art, resource forums or similar sites. If you can find a direct link to the artists site who made the resource directly please share that.

Also feel free to add any other sites you know that fall under the above categories as well if you know any.

Also I'll be adding SAI to the list eventually under programs.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Junior Member NeonNinjaSushi is on a distinguished road NeonNinjaSushi's Avatar
    Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-27-2017 05:17 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Resources: Image Galleries, Fonts, Programs, & More

I would definitely recommend adding Paint tool sai to digital art as stated above

Also, This website is great addition for renders http://sneakybaron.com/

6. Thanks blueangel06661 thanked for this post
    Junior Member NoFingerS is on a distinguished road NoFingerS's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-23-2016 07:28 AM
    Threads

For Video Editing i think the first choice would be Adobe After Effects, even with the older versions you can make a video that looks PRO. There is also Sony Vegas and others but if you want more than simple transitions you need pro tools(here is where Adobe AE comes in)

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

There is a lot of websites where you can find Brushes, vectors and a lot of useful stuff. Here are some of my favorites:
    Free Photoshop Brushes at Brusheezy!
    Download free vector images, illustrations, files
    Download Free Vector

There are others, and if you are willing to pay there's even more but i think you'll find those three very useful.

Junior Member jayewalt is on a distinguished road jayewalt's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2017 08:30 AM
    Threads

It's bit old thread however seeking to get some cool video editing tools. Section C is still left, It would be good if you suggest something here.

Junior Member tamtakobiashvili is on a distinguished road tamtakobiashvili's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2020 11:58 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Anastasiy View Post
    I guess it's an old thread but what about ArtRage and PaintTool SAI? Are they any good?
    I had some experience with ArtRage, it is okay, not bad at all.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information