AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Daft Punk Tag

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Daft Punk Tag

Review it please! Advice, suggestions, drunken rage!

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-16-2017 11:48 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Default Re: Daft Punk Tag

It's a nice solid tag, good source lighting, good identifiable depth, nice colors. Makes me feel like he's actually walking through some sort of steel forrest in space.

Although that being said, the lighting does NOT match up with the render. Personally I think the lighting on his right arm is too bright towards the shoulder and towards the wrist. It's one solid color of bright from top to bottom even though the middle of the arm is more exposed to the source than both ends are. Actually the bottom of the right arm shouldn't really have any lighting on it seeing as you portray the light source to be further in back, the arm is in front and below the light source therefor it should be much more darker.

As well as on the right side of the extraction by his left ribcage there is also more white from an unidentified light reflecting off of him with no identifiable source seeing how the light source on the right side of the tag is on his shoulder. The lighting then turns to a nice greenish tint and then goes to being white for no apparent reason.

Other than that everything seems alright to me. Just the reflective lighting needs a bit more work. (I don't know what it's called, so I'm going to go with obvious reflective lighting, if there's some other term. Do enlighten me.)

今日...明日...永遠に...
    I started up a website called Dango News for anime, game, and Japanese news & current events.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

Fantastic!

j/k
    It's not a bad tag, and I absolutely love the depth. A few things I want to comment on though.
    The lighting. I see what you were going for, but I think it could've turned out better. Mainly on the left (his right) side. The sleeve is overlit, as is his helmet. The light in the background shouldn't be that bright on his helmet. And on the sleeve, from the angle of the light, I think there should've been a bit of a shadow cast (casted?) on his arm from the C4D.

But that's literally all I can think of. The blending is exceptional, the colors work and the depth is great.

Riding Dirty Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-20-2014 10:43 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I just found some part of the person a bit over-sharpened here and there, as well as the c4d on the left there.

I like that Elli is saying though, the lighting could use more work? To add on though, I think it would be pretty sick if you took the extra mile to make the lighting similar to this: http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2008/11/1...ster-spock.jpg. It'll add more realism into the art by adding the terminator(?) shadow

Last edited by Famahama; 01-19-2013 at 06:34 PM.
    Over-saturating since '07

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information