AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Go camping! :)

Kind boy/Nanobyte's minion Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Uranus Henshin Pen Pen Coffee
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2022 11:54 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Mystelinth

Default Re: Go camping! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Luffy View Post
    Ah ah, I really love small kids, that's why I want to be a chief of Lobitos (I already teach chatecisis for the 2nd year, to 8 year old now)

What does turds mean? (didn't find out in google translator :P)

But as for your question

You can actually buy it without being a scout though it's part of a scout uniform and therefore you shouldn't use it without earning it as you said.
    I joined scouts only in 2010/2011, so was one year on the Pioneiros (blue and white scarf) and now I completed my first year in Caminheiros (still will have the 6 nights/7 days National CNE camping, which will have more than 15 thousand scoutings, the biggest portuguese scounting camping ever, it should rock!! )

There are a lot of different scarfs for scouts of different countries, guess it won't be hard to find something on Holland, but the ones from Portugal guess you won't find there :P (in btw we had a 19-year old guy called Micha that came from Holland and with which we hang around most of the camping )

Well you could try to look for "turd" but it basically just means The combined waste of a human being which he has to dump every now and then. Aka, poop.

So i have to work for it to be able to wear it..? Hmh, sounds like alot of trouble. Anyway cool that there was someone from Holland there maybe you've learned a bit about our multi-culture country ? XD
    And now im going to sleep.
    Totally forgot i have to work tomorrow.

Senior Member Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts Shuriken Systems PS3 Batmobile 1989
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2014 11:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Explorer Oak

Nice pictures! Camping is fun man, i need to again somtime soon!
    Explorer Oak ~ Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's seed, that held its ground. Never give up!

3. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Back To Business ~> Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts One Piece Flag Soul Eater Shinigami-sama Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2012 02:33 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Forbuki View Post
    Well you could try to look for "turd" but it basically just means The combined waste of a human being which he has to dump every now and then. Aka, poop.

So i have to work for it to be able to wear it..? Hmh, sounds like alot of trouble. Anyway cool that there was someone from Holland there maybe you've learned a bit about our multi-culture country ? XD
    And now im going to sleep.
    Totally forgot i have to work tomorrow.
    Ah ah, guess my Lobitos won't be like that :P

xD it depends a lot on the scouting group you're into (as school with grades), but here in Portugal, on my group you don't have to go through such a trouble to win your scarf and it's really nice once you have it, proud of mine from Caminheiros

I didn't learn much about it, just that you have loads of beer brands and don't have much fish, I've been to Hague and Amesterdan 2 summers ago, don't know if I had already told you that, and really loved both

Ah ah, AF has that special hability to make us forget (almost) everything else, have a nice sleep and work tomorrow!

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer Oak View Post
    Nice pictures! Camping is fun man, i need to again somtime soon!
    Glad you liked them!

It's really fun and nice indeed, you must definetely have it soon, yeah

My next one will be National Scounting Camping, on the begining with August, 6 nights off (maximum I've got were 2, I guess, maybe one with 3 nights) with over 15 thousand portuguese scouts (biggest portuguese scout camping ever!), really can't wait for it!!

"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough."
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
    "Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    "I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge."

5. Likes Explorer Oak liked this post
    Senior Member モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫's Avatar
    Gil
    Wasted
    Gifts Ouran Patch Baka Death Note
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-08-2013 06:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: otakuforever

Exactly! :P
    Imagine being already in a bad mood as you're extremely tired and already having a hard time falling asleep and still have those annoying mosquitos buzzing on your ear and biting you, getting you all itchy :P

It's definetely suitable to say in a angry face:

Lol that picture made me laugh xD

Back To Business ~> Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by -Otaku Forever- View Post
    Lol that picture made me laugh xD
    Ah ah, bet it did! :P

Member sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2012 07:46 AM
    Threads

you sound like you enjoyed yourself anyway , Me camping would be a disaster, not to mention with the weather here in Scotland... My tent would be blown away with me in it! never to be found again haha, but i'm sure the weather is lovely in Portugal, I'm very jealous !

9. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sarahc View Post
    you sound like you enjoyed yourself anyway , Me camping would be a disaster, not to mention with the weather here in Scotland... My tent would be blown away with me in it! never to be found again haha, but i'm sure the weather is lovely in Portugal, I'm very jealous !
    I really did
    And that wouldn't be pleasent at all xD there are more appropriate and funny ways for flying lol
    Well, Scotland has some good stuff Portugal hasn't, it's always like that, never is a perfect place :P

Senior Member T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Sushi2
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2016 10:43 AM
    Threads

Nice pics man! Looks like you had a great time. That is a big tent... but appropriate for bigger groups! I'm used to carrying solo tent, usually a small two person just to have a little extra room for myself, usually 4-5 pounds. I just put some money into a high tech single tent, and its only 1.5# or .74kg! You cant stand up in it though, but it is tall enough to sit up in.

Indeed, camping is really awesome despite the dirt and getting very tired (I had lucky with the mosquitos and they didn't even appeared to bite us at night :P), feeling the nature, being together with other scouts, making out lots of things with only wood and rope is really a very nice experience, hope you can do it more often from now on, as you seem to like it as much as I do
    Yep! Getting dirty and tired is often part of it. Actually its something I crave. If I'm not completely spent and covered in sweat at the end of the day then I wish I had gone further or a bigger mountain. I love the challenge. Best part is ending up near a river you can hop into... feels so good after a long hard day.

In your profile pic you seem to be in a really nice palce Where was it taken, may I ask?
    That is Red Creek in Dolly Sods Wilderness in West Virginia. A very beautiful place thats drivable within 5-6 hours of here, and offers many miles of trails, I think the main loop is around 25-30 miles maybe, with tons of other trails too. Not big mountains but still some elevation gain/loss there. Perhaps sometime I'll put up a thread with pictures from that trip. Most of my hiking was done when I was your age, and didnt have a camera. I've only got back into it starting around 3 years ago, so I dont have pictures of a lot of my trips, just a couple in the mountains, and a couple kayak trips.

Enjoy it! I miss a lot of the group trips from when I was a kid in school. Like I said I never did scouts, but every summer I went to a week long church camp in the Adirondack Park in northern NY. The regular camp was in cabins and they had a cafeteria building and a lake for swimming and a bunch of activities and stuff. That was mostly for grade schoolers. For the older kids they had more specialized camps and I always did the canoe camp. It was a week long trip of 12 of us. We would usually cover 4 or 5 lakes during the week canoeing to a different site each night. There were some portages as well, even a mile and half portage of our canoes and all our gear. That was tough! But it was such a great time. Someday I'll go back to the 'Dacks and retrace the route we used to do from 7th lake to Long lake. This is were it was: https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=7th+lake&daddr=long+lake+ny&hl=en&ll=43 .858297,-74.571075&spn=0.292115,0.44426&sll=43.858297,-74.571075&sspn=0.292115,0.44426&geocode=FbV8mwId6c eL-yHne3dJDkXWVikD_bZdgkbfiTHne3dJDkXWVg%3BFVL4ngIdL2-Q-ylrsD_9HjPLTDGeXAnHjV8rSg&mra=ltm&t=m&z=11
    But that follows the road, just to show you the area... instead we canoed up Raquette Lake and through Forked Lake.
    ~ Tristan

12. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T-Stew View Post
    Nice pics man! Looks like you had a great time. That is a big tent... but appropriate for bigger groups! I'm used to carrying solo tent, usually a small two person just to have a little extra room for myself, usually 4-5 pounds. I just put some money into a high tech single tent, and its only 1.5# or .74kg! You cant stand up in it though, but it is tall enough to sit up in.

Yep! Getting dirty and tired is often part of it. Actually its something I crave. If I'm not completely spent and covered in sweat at the end of the day then I wish I had gone further or a bigger mountain. I love the challenge. Best part is ending up near a river you can hop into... feels so good after a long hard day.

That is Red Creek in Dolly Sods Wilderness in West Virginia. A very beautiful place thats drivable within 5-6 hours of here, and offers many miles of trails, I think the main loop is around 25-30 miles maybe, with tons of other trails too. Not big mountains but still some elevation gain/loss there. Perhaps sometime I'll put up a thread with pictures from that trip. Most of my hiking was done when I was your age, and didnt have a camera. I've only got back into it starting around 3 years ago, so I dont have pictures of a lot of my trips, just a couple in the mountains, and a couple kayak trips.

Enjoy it! I miss a lot of the group trips from when I was a kid in school. Like I said I never did scouts, but every summer I went to a week long church camp in the Adirondack Park in northern NY. The regular camp was in cabins and they had a cafeteria building and a lake for swimming and a bunch of activities and stuff. That was mostly for grade schoolers. For the older kids they had more specialized camps and I always did the canoe camp. It was a week long trip of 12 of us. We would usually cover 4 or 5 lakes during the week canoeing to a different site each night. There were some portages as well, even a mile and half portage of our canoes and all our gear. That was tough! But it was such a great time. Someday I'll go back to the 'Dacks and retrace the route we used to do from 7th lake to Long lake. This is were it was: https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=7th+lake&daddr=long+lake+ny&hl=en&ll=43 .858297,-74.571075&spn=0.292115,0.44426&sll=43.858297,-74.571075&sspn=0.292115,0.44426&geocode=FbV8mwId6c eL-yHne3dJDkXWVikD_bZdgkbfiTHne3dJDkXWVg%3BFVL4ngIdL2-Q-ylrsD_9HjPLTDGeXAnHjV8rSg&mra=ltm&t=m&z=11
    But that follows the road, just to show you the area... instead we canoed up Raquette Lake and through Forked Lake.
    Glad you liked them
    But we only slept 7 on that tent (6 on the first time) xD the paper says the tent handles 12 people inside it but I think more will fit in, it's just huge inside, I was also accostumated to much smaller tents (though not individual)

Indeed, if you don't get dirty and tired in a camping you just didn't camped for real! :P It's like going to the beach and don't take your shirt on xD

And thanks a lot for those info, seems a really nice place to go and camp! (btw looking to your sig, I plan to start watching Calymore reall soon )

Moderator Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Wine Kangaroo
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 04:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I gotta ask, you still had hot showers, working toilets and mirrors and everything, right? I'm a city girl, the closest I've come to camping is spending 1-2 nights in a friends shack by the river. The water for the shower comes directly from the river and makes your skin and hair feel dry :-( I used to do this every year, and it was fun but by day 2 I couldn't WAIT to get home and get clean!

15. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jasanime View Post
    I gotta ask, you still had hot showers, working toilets and mirrors and everything, right? I'm a city girl, the closest I've come to camping is spending 1-2 nights in a friends shack by the river. The water for the shower comes directly from the river and makes your skin and hair feel dry :-( I used to do this every year, and it was fun but by day 2 I couldn't WAIT to get home and get clean!
    On that camping I had all that but sometimes showers are harder to get (for mirrors my selhpone is pretty good, handy for shaving xD)
    Well, having some confort on camping is really great, I understand that by being a city girl it should've been hard to take but maybe with better conditions you'd love it so give it a try someday

17. Likes Jasanime liked this post
Closed Thread

Thread Information