AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Do you prefer Anime or Manga?

Senior Member Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-24-2013 06:40 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you prefer Anime or Manga?

Always prefer anime over manga, it was never really much of a choice but more of an addiction tword anime in general.
    (hard to explain)

Senior Member PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Crisis Mooncompact Mario 1-Up Mushroom Katana
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-23-2014 01:36 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I generally enjoy the manga more. The anime takes away from the art, and the voice actors tend to suck. Hellsing and Code Geass are exceptions.

Senior Member Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-24-2013 06:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PinkGalaxies View Post
    I generally enjoy the manga more. The anime takes away from the art, and the voice actors tend to suck. Hellsing and Code Geass are exceptions.
    Depends if you watch most of your anime in Japanese or english...
    (most anime series in english dub are not that well made in my opinion where their Japanese counterparts are perfect to a point)

In the 1980's and early 1990's Manga was not that obtainable in the US so their was a shortage on it's popularity till the internet and of course handheld devices became more active.
    (Manga has been around since 1945 (a more actual date would be 1874) - (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manga), just not that accessible till our technology finally caught up w/ us)

Manga in general wasn't available to the US till the 1970s and early 1980s, mostly because the translation process was slow till more were released in the 1990's.
    Last edited by Henshin_Ikeda; 11-02-2012 at 04:12 AM.

Senior Member PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Crisis Mooncompact Mario 1-Up Mushroom Katana
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-23-2014 01:36 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Henshin_Ikeda View Post
    Depends if you watch most of your anime in Japanese or english...
    (most anime series in english dub are not that well made in my opinion where their Japanese counterparts are perfect to a point)

In the 1980's and early 1990's Manga was not that obtainable in the US so their was a shortage on it's popularity till the internet and of course handheld devices became more active.
    (Manga has been around since 1945 (a more actual date would be 1874) - (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manga), just not that accessible till our technology finally caught up w/ us)

Manga in general wasn't available to the US till the 1970s and early 1980s, mostly because the translation process was slow till more were released in the 1990's.
    I first started getting comics when I was 4, and I started getting manga when I was 7. I traveled a lot.

I usually don't like the anime in Japanese or English. I'm sort of rusty on my Japanese, so I have to look at subtitles every now and then. It's very annoying when you're trying to do something. If I'm going to read, I might as well read the manga. I have several book shelves full of manga.

Member Hokuten is on a distinguished road Hokuten's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-30-2014 02:29 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Dcmac

I would say I prefer manga. With manga I can read at my own pace and it's generally more relaxing.

6. Likes SpeaR liked this post
    Junior Member swordie is on a distinguished road swordie's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Gifts Soul Eater Logo Photoshop Hot Chocolate
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-25-2012 09:09 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well anime was the reason i got into anime and manga and i've always watched anime since i was little but i really enjoy reading manga because it has things that they don't show in the anime adaptations and you can read manga anywhere you want. I don't have to be on a computer to read manga but with anime i do but when i'm watching anime i feel more connected to the story and i enjoy more the art in the anime than in the manga.
    I like more anime but i also enjoy reading manga

Senior Member AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost's Avatar
    Gil
    Cold
    Gifts Gir Penguin Death Note
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-04-2016 06:58 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: AnimeFrost

I Enjoy reading manga more because there is MORE I am not a fan of my anime ending so i read the manga version for MOOOOOOREEEEE!!!! But I still like anime

Sword Art Online
    <3 Kirito and Asuna <3
    Quote: "Its easier to be yourself then to be something your not"

9. Likes SpeaR liked this post
    Junior Member Gantza is on a distinguished road Gantza's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2012 07:50 PM
    Threads

manga over anime if the content is plot driven: death note, bakuman

anime over manga if the content is action driven: dragon ball, naruto, bleach

but if the original is actually light novel, i prefer light novel way over anime/manga: accel world, sword art online, sakura sou no pet kanojo

Member Elezzina has a brilliant future Elezzina has a brilliant future Elezzina has a brilliant future Elezzina has a brilliant future Elezzina has a brilliant future Elezzina has a brilliant future Elezzina has a brilliant future Elezzina has a brilliant future Elezzina has a brilliant future Elezzina has a brilliant future Elezzina has a brilliant future Elezzina's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts Cake Aquarius Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-16-2013 10:11 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Definitely Anime I prefer to watch than read :P

Mayushii The Gullible IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2013 06:01 AM
    Threads

I also prefer to watch over read, unless its a book. I dont know why but manga doesnt work for me, neither does comic books. I just cant get into it, I cant feel the flow I cant feel its alive, its just pictures to me. I've tried and tried to like it but I accept now that I dont ;D I still try to like it once in a while tho ^^

Anime is animated and when its done well its just fantastic, couple that with great soundtrack and what I feel is amazing japanese voice actors. Thats the big reason I dont like manga, I want my japanese voice actors! ;> They are integral to the character imo!

Senior Member PhantomPhD has a reputation beyond repute PhantomPhD has a reputation beyond repute PhantomPhD has a reputation beyond repute PhantomPhD has a reputation beyond repute PhantomPhD has a reputation beyond repute PhantomPhD has a reputation beyond repute PhantomPhD has a reputation beyond repute PhantomPhD has a reputation beyond repute PhantomPhD has a reputation beyond repute PhantomPhD has a reputation beyond repute PhantomPhD has a reputation beyond repute PhantomPhD's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts 054 - Psyduck
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-21-2012 02:02 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Prefer anime c: just because i enjoy watching something while i'm playing WoW or doing homework while reading is more of a singular task .

Mayushii The Gullible IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2013 06:01 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhD View Post
    Prefer anime c: just because i enjoy watching something while i'm playing WoW or doing homework while reading is more of a singular task .
    Really? You watch anime while playing WoW or even doing homework? I gotta ask how thats even possible? ;D If you're watching it subbed you have to read dont you? How can you do homework while watching and reading an anime? ^^ Unless you are watching with super low concentration and miss 50%? lol ;D

Member TheDeathGod is on a distinguished road TheDeathGod's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts One Piece Mugiwara
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2014 05:42 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I choose anime because they do more details in the animation!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information