AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: OOC: Black Rose Academy - Reaper Training Program

Senior Member pleasant_disorder has a reputation beyond repute pleasant_disorder has a reputation beyond repute pleasant_disorder has a reputation beyond repute pleasant_disorder has a reputation beyond repute pleasant_disorder has a reputation beyond repute pleasant_disorder has a reputation beyond repute pleasant_disorder has a reputation beyond repute pleasant_disorder has a reputation beyond repute pleasant_disorder has a reputation beyond repute pleasant_disorder has a reputation beyond repute pleasant_disorder has a reputation beyond repute pleasant_disorder's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Mario Chain Chomp Tennis Ball Blue Saber
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-16-2012 02:09 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default OOC: Black Rose Academy - Reaper Training Program

^^; sorry for the delay on getting this thread made guys! Thanks to @Valkarma for the reminder.

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

As for the question on magic: As a spirit, you have powers beyond those of normal human beings because you have control over your spiritual energy. Human beings can learn this, but very few are aware of its existence and it's much harder to manifest as a physical body rather than a spiritual body. So, even though you're all reapers and you all can now control this energy, you still have to learn how to use it. It's mainly concentration based. You don't have to mutter words or spells.

Learning magic works in a tier system.

1st years learn elemental because it's the basic magic. In this way, spiritual energy is manifested to control the elements of fire, earth, air, water, and light.
    2nd years learn how to manipulate people with their spiritual energy. I.e. two drunken men get into an argument over a woman, the reaper controls the one man to kill the other.
    3rd years and 4th years basically just work to better control and hone their magic. In this stage, they often learn what @Hollow Ichigo 's character has been doing with clothes and so forth.

Magic can also become something new. In this world it's malleable and can do whatever you want. Literally, you're the god of death, so do what you will with it and run with it and have fun with it. If there are further questions, please let me know.
    They're gonna get my gold on the ceiling
    Just a matter of time before they steal it
    That's alright, ain't no guard in my house.
    ~ The Black Keys

Chaos Unborn Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Hattori Hanzo Steel Bleach Ichigo Mask Bleach Zangetsu
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2013 04:43 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Okay. Wrong thing to tell me. Do whatever. Val, Luzy, let it begin.

Planeswalker Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Playing Cards
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2013 11:31 AM
    Threads

Default Re: OOC: Black Rose Academy - Reaper Training Program

Oh no...
    Please tell me for the sake of our sanity that it has some limits.

Maybe something similar to 'Mage:The Ascension'. That the more overt the use the harder it is, and that backlash is possible, maybe if someone is not strong enough?

I don't want to imagine what Hollow would come up with limitless power. Or myself. Or anyone for that matter. Quick we need some kind of spiderman montage so that people learn responsibility.
    "I don't need to have the perfect plan. My foe just has to have an imperfect one." Jace Beleren

"Why fight the body when you can dominate the mind that rules it?" Jace Beleren

Senior Member mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Radish Clannad Botan Yellow Orb
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2013 12:53 AM
    Threads

Do students have dorm rooms?
    Can students have visitors to Black Rose? (spirit or similar ones ofc)
    Does black Rose have any particular rules/things forbidden?

Senior Member HateSpawn98 has a reputation beyond repute HateSpawn98 has a reputation beyond repute HateSpawn98 has a reputation beyond repute HateSpawn98 has a reputation beyond repute HateSpawn98 has a reputation beyond repute HateSpawn98 has a reputation beyond repute HateSpawn98 has a reputation beyond repute HateSpawn98 has a reputation beyond repute HateSpawn98 has a reputation beyond repute HateSpawn98 has a reputation beyond repute HateSpawn98 has a reputation beyond repute HateSpawn98's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts One Piece Wanted Poster One Piece Flag Death Note
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2013 04:56 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Epicman3 Steam ID: HateSpawn98

Oh god, no limits on power? Bad move, bad move. Of course being a student I still have to learn but still
    bad move u.u

@Valkarma
    You would bring spider man into this.

Oath of Blood Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Cookie Wine Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-06-2014 03:04 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

If I understand correctly, if my character is in second year she took minion class and study fied. so...
    1. what is study field?
    2. will we get sceduals or smth?
    Onew by Ωmega
    "If my joy brings you happiness, I am thankful"

Lord of the Night Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Lighter Kill Bill Katana
    Mentioned
    629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-06-2013 04:57 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ha1fW1ingedAngel

Incidently, What Am I supposed to teach in minion class? Is it practical or theory? And please for the love of god impose some form of limit. Else the power will go to my head and Ill end up wrecking things.

Im on Team Evil! Are you?

Join Team evil Today! We're Always Hiring!

Chaos Unborn Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default So ok at

So basics is elemental manipulation...cool. So basic physics rules in the afterlife but with increased effect.

So I agree with the limit/rules. So far its just killing another Reaper with Rune. So does that mean their was a incident in the past that made her feel so strong about. Maybe. That would prove interesting with a troubled killer

Senior Member pleasant_disorder has a reputation beyond repute pleasant_disorder has a reputation beyond repute pleasant_disorder has a reputation beyond repute pleasant_disorder has a reputation beyond repute pleasant_disorder has a reputation beyond repute pleasant_disorder has a reputation beyond repute pleasant_disorder has a reputation beyond repute pleasant_disorder has a reputation beyond repute pleasant_disorder has a reputation beyond repute pleasant_disorder has a reputation beyond repute pleasant_disorder has a reputation beyond repute pleasant_disorder's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Arg! I'm currently answering ppls questions. In my sleep deprived state, I totally hit the back button and deleted a huge post of answers. FML. Please hold for further information. This post will cover the restraint on magic and all questions asked.

---------- Post added at 04:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 AM ----------

@Esiphas , @Folter , @mrpineapple , @Valkarma , @~Shobu~ , @Luzifer , @Hollow Ichigo , @Kiss of Death , @Light Buster

XD Oh, Valkarma. Everybody gets one. Tell em Cleveland. ^^; I assume everyone likes Family Guy the same way I do.

Magic Restraint

Ok. Yeah. I forget who I'm RPing with sometimes. You guyz do like your badassedness and crazy magic. So. The restraint will be a weakness/backlash effect created by use of magic via depletion of your spiritual energy.

During a battle everyone will start with 100% sp. energy, and throughout the battle, as you use different techniques, it will begin depleting. The more sp. energy you use, the weaker your character will become. They will get tired and find it hard to move around quickly. If your sp. energy gets to 0%, it's an automatic GAME OVER for your character. In other words, no sp. energy = no spirit = no Reaper. Yes, you are not techinically dead, but you're still made of spiritual energy, so if you don't have any of that, you can't exist.

NOTE: Please be reasonable with how much energy you use. If the technique is awesome/some big crazy cool thing that can easily wipe something powerful out, it's going to use at LEAST 30% of your power. UNLESS YOU ARE A MAGIC PROFESSOR. Then you can use little sp. energy with crazy cool techniques...because...that's kinda what you signed up for. If you're using awesome magic and I feel like you're not depleting enough, I'll probably either send you a PM or let you know in the OOC thread.

Make sense? (God I hope so. Rewriting this thing is sucking so bad right now =_=)

Also: I'll be re-doing the tier system for how you learn magic in the near future, so watch for that as well. 1st years will still learn elemental though. That will not change.

QUESTIONS

mrpineapple

Q1) Yes. Students have dorms. They are called suites and in the near future, before students actually GO to their dorms, I will post who has what dorm and your suitemates (the person you share your dorm room with). Currently, I'm trying to figure out who to put with Enoch and Finrir.

Q2) No, there are no visitors at Black Rose Academy. The only time a spirit comes back to Black Rose Academy is when someone decides to make it their minion INSTEAD of crossing it over, and remember, you only get 2 minions unless otherwise noted by me personally. Now. It's techinically illegal in reaper law (I will post the 6 Laws of Reaping very soon), but your character can visit people in the physical realm via astral projection, which is learned in second year magic. But hey. I won't stop you and it'd make the story line interesting.

Q3) I posted this in my latest RPG post, but I'll post it here too. There are two major rules.

1) No fighting with or without magic, unless sparring under the direct supervision of a faculty member. 2) Don't act up in class.

Punshiment is decided depending on the number of infractions accumulated by the student (fighting w/o magic = 1 infraction, fighting w/ magic = 2 infractions, acting up in class = 1/2 infraction) + the severity of the infraction at hand. After six infractions, the student is expelled.

I.e.: A student's 1st infraction for fighting would result in on week of chore duty. 2nd infraction = two weeks in chore duty. 3rd infraction = three days exile and one and a half weeks of chore duty, and probationary period for the rest of the semester. 4th infraction = six days exile, two and a half weeks, and strike one on student's probabtionary period. 5th infraction = twelve days exile, three and a half weeks chore duty, strike two on probationary period. 6th infraction: expulsion from Black Rose Academy.

Kiss of Death

Q1) For a more in-depth explanation of Field Study, please look at the Sign-Up thread's initial post, in the section where classes are outlined. A simple explanation is this: field study is the student's hands-on training for soul reaping. You are in it year round. Your characters will be given specific missions to cross-over different souls to the Otherside. During your first, second, and third years, a professor must accompany you on your missions because you haven't learned the art of teleportation from one realm to another.

Q2) Schedules will work like this:

Lecture/magic class in the morning

Break for lunch

Field Study in the afternoon

You have the rest of the day to goof around and be students or professors.

The only problem I see with this is the magic teachers, because they all teach the various levels and Black Rose Academy's student body is larger than I'd anticipated. However, the inconsistency isn't enough to effect the plotline of the story, so I'm going to keep it this way for now.

Esiphas:

Where to begin. So. You're teaching "Your Minion, Their Guardian". Basically, you teach students how to control their minions and how to destroy spirit guardians. What's a spirit guardian? Every human has one and they present a problem for Reapers because they protect the human from death. Their strength depends on how in touch with their spiritual side (for lack of a better phrase) said human is, and how old. For instance, a guardian of a 20-something year old fanatical Christian is going to be strong; while a 75 year old fanatical Christian's guardian is going to be weaker because they're closer to death. Also: a practicing Wiccan's guardian will be 10x stronger than a firm Atheist's. A guardian presents a problem to Reapers because they can drain their sp. energy. Minions are often used to fight guardians because their sp. energy is different from a Reaper's, so the drain does not affect them. So. The more minions you have, the easier taking down a guardian is. Thus why your professor teaches "Your Minion, Their Guardian".

Man...I hope that answers the questions. Anymore??

Please, feel free to ask. I have no problem explaining.

On the side: Folter

I messed up in the original post in the sign-up thread. I forgot to take out the "assessment" for third years and put your professor's lecture class "Human Weakness and Death". I'll have a better explanation for you later, when I can think more clearly, but essentiall this class is a college, psyc 101 class. It explains how the human brain works and the different ways that human beings can be manipulated. For instance, a fanatically religious human will listen to their 'god', so by getting into the human's head and manipulating them to believe that you are god, you can get them to go around and kill other people.
    Last edited by pleasant_disorder; 06-20-2012 at 03:53 AM.
    ~ The Black Keys

Gil
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Omg this is gonna be awesome. I think Im going to make a Zanpakuto, lolz.

Lord of the Night Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Ok, I think i just Epigasmed reading my class teaching dutys. This is gonna be fun.

My only other question is- How does one make a minion? Is it an animal soul? Or a creature drawn to you becuse of your personality?

Gil
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Also are guardians the only thing Reapers fight? Is their like a 'dark forest' or something somewhere.

Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

@Hollow Ichigo :

Go for it! If that's the power you want your character to come into, I am in full support.

Hate to say this, but I haven't really had the chance to think out the Otherside as much as I probably should have. Black Rose Academy exists in a little bubble within the Otherside. The Otherside is a relatively safe realm where spirits co-exist with one another. I haven't finished mapping the area out yet, but BRA exists on the shores of the Otherside. There are cities and towns, places where spirits have congregated, but I haven't gotten that quite drawn out yet. I'm thinking there are five major cities and several villages, including one located near BRA. Although the Otherside has existed just as long as humanity has existed, there is no purpose in attempting to explore it. It is infinite.

The problem with young reapers is that they like to go exploring, and though there isn't anything particularly dangerous about the Otherside, it is possible to get lost out there.

And thanks for bringing this up Hollow, I've been meaning to talk about what you'll be fighting. There are two major combatants: guardians and dark souls. Dark souls are essentially the same thing as 'hollows' from Bleach, and can be created two ways. They are either the souls of evil people or they are lost souls who have become corrupted over time. Most souls who remain in the physical realm for too long eventually become corrupted. It is rare for them to remain uncorrupted, but it can happen, and these souls tend to make amazing reapers. However, they are few and far between. Reapers like Valkarma's professor and others are coveted, but because it is SO unlikely that a soul will remain uncorrupted, it's generally thought of as better to cross-over or create a reaper early on in a soul's after-death state rather than wait and see.

@Esiphas

Good question! Actually, your minion tends to be your original guardian from life. It just takes time for it to manifest itself as your minion. However, this occasionally doesn't happen, so Reapers may use the soul of a dead animal or person.
    ~ The Black Keys

Oath of Blood Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

you said earlier that our characters are going to be put in dorms with pairs

1. when will you do that?
    2. in what topic we'll find this info?
    Onew by Ωmega

Senior Member HateSpawn98 has a reputation beyond repute HateSpawn98 has a reputation beyond repute HateSpawn98 has a reputation beyond repute HateSpawn98 has a reputation beyond repute HateSpawn98 has a reputation beyond repute HateSpawn98 has a reputation beyond repute HateSpawn98 has a reputation beyond repute HateSpawn98 has a reputation beyond repute HateSpawn98 has a reputation beyond repute HateSpawn98 has a reputation beyond repute HateSpawn98 has a reputation beyond repute HateSpawn98's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Sorry I have not been very active, I have been dealing with a lot. I should be back online soon and be able to post something once more. I'm not sure if I missed anything but I will read through the RP anyways.

I might be another day or so late. When this crazy life of my slows down a little bit. Sorry for the inconvenience and I hope everyone understands. Until then

Keep at it!
    ~HateSpawn98

Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

@HateSpawn98 - take it easy and remember to breathe. We will survive until you get back. I'm going to move the rp along and out of the cafeteria for now, just have Alexander end up wherever when you get back to it. Thank you for the heads up.

@Kiss of Death - I'm about to make that post now in the rp thread.
    ~ The Black Keys

Neverwinter Gnostic Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2013 04:28 PM
    Threads

Wait so Atheists are easy to kill... so thats why Enoch died young in freak accident. You thought of everything! Poor atheists of the world... die young and leave a beautiful corpse godless heathens

OOC: I should point out that I am being veeery facetious
    The tragedy of life comes not from pain, despair, sorrow, or even death; but the constant annihilating amnesia that begs us to forget we live.

Gil
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

O' Luzifer. I think I have an idea for Finrir. Lolz

Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah...haha. I don't believe in god or the afterlife either, but it makes sense for this world, no?
    ~ The Black Keys

Gil
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That it does.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wait, what the hell would happen wrre *I* to come to.this world? I think Im the only.one of my religion out there.

Knight of Justice... except not Folter has a brilliant future Folter has a brilliant future Folter has a brilliant future Folter has a brilliant future Folter has a brilliant future Folter has a brilliant future Folter has a brilliant future Folter has a brilliant future Folter has a brilliant future Folter has a brilliant future Folter has a brilliant future Folter's Avatar
    Gil
    Suspicious
    Gifts Bleach Ichigo Mask Dr Who SonicScrewdriver
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2016 05:50 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Kingoftorture

Hey just letting you know I'm going to be gone camping for about a week and i leave tomorrow so... yeah.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

This RPG sounded very interesting, but the story teller is very inesponsible. For me it's too slow. Srry, not to be rude, but it's true
    Onew by Ωmega

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Well im waiting on @pleasant_disorder and @Shobu as well, but i reckon they've got their reasons. Heres me wakting guys.

25. Likes HateSpawn98 liked this post
    Gil
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Esiphas View Post
    Well im waiting on @pleasant_disorder and @Shobu as well, but i reckon they've got their reasons. Heres me wakting guys.
    That's really the only thing we can do right now anyways, just wait.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information