AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How did I miss this one?

Junior Member Baka Gaijin is on a distinguished road Baka Gaijin's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Magic 8 Ball
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2012 01:02 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default How did I miss this one?

Um..... So yea prob belongs on a blog or somethin, but i dont have one so.... I Just started watching Air Gear. 2006 I think? Im old I guess, 27, so started with Project A-Ko, the Dirty Pair, Ninja Scroll etc. I cant believe I missed Air Gear, im only on episode 8. But wow, amazing. Aside from the fanservice elements, ( Which I certainly dont mind ) I just cant get enough. Really just wanted to post this for anyone who is looking for something awesome to watch, and also because once in awhile, something just clicks with you, and you have to tell people about it. I cant wait to finish it and then re-watch it again. I now know what I would wish for if I had a wish, a pair of AT's

Member ButzYung has much to be proud of ButzYung has much to be proud of ButzYung has much to be proud of ButzYung has much to be proud of ButzYung has much to be proud of ButzYung has much to be proud of ButzYung has much to be proud of ButzYung has much to be proud of ButzYung has much to be proud of ButzYung's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2015 08:11 AM
    Threads

Default Re: How did I miss this one?

Air Gear is fine at the begging, but becomes a messy battle with confusing plot afterwards (at least in the case of Manga).

Kind boy/Nanobyte's minion Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Uranus Henshin Pen Pen Coffee
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2022 11:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Mystelinth

Thanks, ill put it on the list.

looking for 'someone just for me" <3 Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Black Ribbon Rainbow Ribbon Mic
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2013 09:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

same thing!!!!
    sounds good something my BF will enjoy

Sig ^ made by @Kaleohano *hugs*

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Oh!Great is fantastic at running series into the ground, and AirGear was no exception. I can't speak for the anime, because by the time it aired I was already sick enough of the manga. Nevertheless, AirGear has 3 stages:

1. The Beginning - It starts off pretty well, and it seems like a typical sort of shounen sports anime. They compete, fight, train, and improve themselves in the running to be the best.
    2. The first mention of Sleeping Forest - From here on out AirGear turns into an absolutely ridiculous supernatural shounen battle manga. The plot still makes sense, but it goes from being slightly believable to completely far fetched. The cast explodes, and Oh!Great starts drawing diagrams and making up absurd explanations for attacks using real physics terms.
    3. The first mention of the Gram Scale Tournament - Nothing beyond this point makes any sense. Battles are super-saiyajin level, the dead come back to life through a computer program, President Obama becomes a primary character after swapping bodies with a schoolgirl, and every other week Oh!Great decides to make some current event part of the plot (Obama's campaign, the Occupy movement, scientific discoveries, etc.). Things are made up, previously establish facts and rules of the world are disregarded, Agito/Akito has 4 total personalities and is a clone of his mother and his brother is his father, and Ikki manipulates the wind to make the whole world fly.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

6. Likes wizz-o-matic liked this post
    Senior Member wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts PPG Bubbles Aria Neko
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2014 04:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: wizzadoo

Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn View Post
    ... Nothing beyond this point makes any sense....
    isn't that enough of a reason to read it?

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzadroid View Post
    isn't that enough of a reason to read it?
    Trust me, it's not a good thing.

Junior Member Baka Gaijin is on a distinguished road Baka Gaijin's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Magic 8 Ball
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2012 01:02 AM
    Threads

Oh man, I hate it when they do that. Super-complicate things in the last half or third. Im still going to finish watching tho, because I really do like the characters, and the sport itself is just so cool. I know its not the most original sport out there, but it just does it for me. And I love the music, even the opening theme. Maybe the anime will be less of a mess than the manga. I really hope so.

Kind boy/Nanobyte's minion Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Oh!Great is fantastic at running series into the ground, and AirGear was no exception. I can't speak for the anime, because by the time it aired I was already sick enough of the manga. Nevertheless, AirGear has 3 stages:

1. The Beginning - It starts off pretty well, and it seems like a typical sort of shounen sports anime. They compete, fight, train, and improve themselves in the running to be the best.
    2. The first mention of Sleeping Forest - From here on out AirGear turns into an absolutely ridiculous supernatural shounen battle manga. The plot still makes sense, but it goes from being slightly believable to completely far fetched. The cast explodes, and Oh!Great starts drawing diagrams and making up absurd explanations for attacks using real physics terms.
    3. The first mention of the Gram Scale Tournament - Nothing beyond this point makes any sense. Battles are super-saiyajin level, the dead come back to life through a computer program, President Obama becomes a primary character after swapping bodies with a schoolgirl, and every other week Oh!Great decides to make some current event part of the plot (Obama's campaign, the Occupy movement, scientific discoveries, etc.). Things are made up, previously establish facts and rules of the world are disregarded, Agito/Akito has 4 total personalities and is a clone of his mother and his brother is his father, and Ikki manipulates the wind to make the whole world fly.

You still kinda spoiled it =(

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Forbuki View Post
    You still kinda spoiled it =(
    Nothing in that is a series spoiler - or at least one that matters.

Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Nothing in that is a series spoiler - or at least one that matters.
    Ah well, doesn't matter.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information