AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TERA Online

Senior Member Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2017 04:54 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Default TERA Online

Anyone else purchase the game? If so, hit me up if you're on Dragonfall; just add Eigenvalues to friends list.

Link to the official site: http://tera.enmasse.com/

Anyways, for those of you who don't know what it is, TERA is a new MMO (released May 2nd, so just over one week ago) that has some admittedly stunning visuals (especially for a game using an old UT engine), and boasts an action-oriented combat system. That is, instead of locking onto a target and just spamming skills, you have to aim your reticle (like the crosshairs in an FPS) and actually AIM your abilities or else you miss. There's no RNG dodge/parry system, defense is purely based on players using their abilities to get out of the way of attacks or blocking them.

It's hard to describe how the gameplay is with words though, so here's a few videos instead:

+
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

People like to compare it to Monster Hunter, but I feel it's much more fast paced personally, closer to Dragon Nest if you've ever played either.

In any case, the combat system keeps the pve pretty exciting (and makes the PvP AMAZING), and the environment design is absolutely spectacular. My computer is ridonkulously old, but the game still looks incredible. My brother and I have been playing together, and a joke we keep saying to each other while levelling is "Look up!"

It basically means that you need to stop focusing on your crosshairs and turn the camera up to appreciate the scenery. I've been trying to remember to take some screenshots as I go through the zones, but I only managed to take a few. Here they are:

Picture of the first ~50 quest hub

The high elf capital, Allemantheia, as you see it coming out of the flight gate

Flyby shot of the moat surrounding Allemantheia

Another flyby

Late 40's questing area

Early 40's questing zone

Yes, your flight paths go through god damn STARGATES. Anyways, first flight to the human capitol after finishing the noob zone.

Last edited by Cantelope; 05-11-2012 at 02:32 PM.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: TERA Online

I want to buy it but considering I don't like paying for monthly fees.

I'll pass.

I mean, yeah...the game is A LOT more fast-paced than Monster Hunter. Heck, I don't even see any resemblance. Overall the combat is overrated..I mean it's good (not THAT good) but people seem to give it waaay too much credit. ALSO A TPS RETICLE NOT A FPS RETICLE.

FPS = FIRST PERSON VIEW

TPS = THIRD PERSON VIEW

I can't say anything about Dragon Nest since Nexxon sucks like a lot of Korean Gaming/MMO Companies.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 05-11-2012 at 02:55 PM.

Senior Member Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2017 04:54 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou+ View Post
    I want to buy it but considering I don't like paying for monthly fees.

I'll pass.
    I used to hate monthly fees too, but 15 a month isn't very hard to get, and if you enjoy the game you get your enjoyment for the fee.

I mean, yeah...the game is A LOT more fast-paced than Monster Hunter. Heck, I don't even see any resemblance.
    For sure, much faster and none of the classic monhun things like breakoffs to craft your own gear.
    Overall the combat is overrated..I mean it's good (not THAT good) but people seem to give it waaay too much credit.
    Have you played it? For MMO players who are looking for a fresher take, TERA is a great alternative. The combat is a very simple change that adds that next level of dynamic interaction, but retains the familiar basis of other MMOs.

The biggest whine-fest I've seen so far is that you still have to quest to level up, but I guess my Asian racial passives make me immune to this part of the game. I'm 7 levels from cap, and it's only been a week with about 4 days taken off cause I needed to study for finals. Grab a buddy to level with, or play on a pvp server if you're flying solo; this always keeps things interesting.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Cantelope

Nah, I got the money to pay for the subscription for 10 years or more (not to brag) but I'm just not fan of the concept. With things like Xbox Live, it felt like kind of a need and PS+ is just a must (free games and discounts).

Of course I tried out the beta, Otherwise I wouldn't know it differs from MH. xD

Well, I'm not much of a MMO player I guess I will give it a try though. Full game that is.

Senior Member Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts American Flag Ribbon Coke Kill Bill Katana
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2014 06:32 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Meteorkeeper

I just started up again since they switched it to free to play.
    I was an original beta tester it will be interesting to see the changes they made since the switch to free to play.
    That and I really like the gameplay, the story is decent as well.
    Last edited by Meteorkeeper; 03-31-2014 at 02:03 PM.
    The proud owner of the FIRST EVER self-perpetual neko gyroscope!

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Tried it last year and it's fun but man the lag.

Doll Girl Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts One Piece Wanted Poster Soras Keyblade Alice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-17-2014 03:25 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dragons Rioting PSN ID: ManyuuHikenchou

I need a better computer to run this game but, I really want to try playing it once.

Junior Member Stichy is on a distinguished road Stichy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-19-2014 11:02 AM
    Threads

I got a lancer to level 60 while the game still required a subscription. After it went free-to-play, I got a sorcerer to 60

Senior Member Galleya has a reputation beyond repute Galleya has a reputation beyond repute Galleya has a reputation beyond repute Galleya has a reputation beyond repute Galleya has a reputation beyond repute Galleya has a reputation beyond repute Galleya has a reputation beyond repute Galleya has a reputation beyond repute Galleya has a reputation beyond repute Galleya has a reputation beyond repute Galleya has a reputation beyond repute Galleya's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2016 02:49 AM
    Threads

Is it woth it ?

Junior Member Stichy is on a distinguished road Stichy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-19-2014 11:02 AM
    Threads

Well, it has the most fun combat I've ever seen in an MMO. I still play from time-to-time, just to beat up on some monsters

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information