AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wallpaper of the Month [May 2012] - 1st Prize: $25 gift certificate

Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Bamboo Cup
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2023 07:16 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Wallpaper of the Month [May 2012] - 1st Prize: $25 gift certificate

.: Wallpaper of the Month :.

Theme: Memories

Memorial Day is a United States federal holiday observed annually on the last Monday of May. Formerly known as Decoration Day, it originated after the American Civil War to commemorate the fallen Union soldiers of the Civil War. (Southern ladies organizations and southern schoolchildren had decorated Confederate graves in Richmond and other cities during the Civil War, but each region had its own date. Most dates were in May.) By the 20th century Memorial Day had been extended to honor all Americans who have died in all wars. Memorial Day is a day of remembering the men and women who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces. As a marker it typically marks the start of the summer vacation season, while Labor Day marks its end.

I want you to create a wallpaper that represents a memory. It doesn't have to be your own, it can be of a friend or a family member or even completely fictional. The important thing is that when looking at the wallpaper I get the impression it's showing me a memory.

RULES FOR PARTICIPANTS:
    1. The wallpaper must be your own work (if not you get the boot );
    2. The wallpaper must not be already on AW;
    3. Animation may not be used;
    4. Hentai will not be accepted, however mild ecchi is allowed;
    5. Only anime/manga, games, or a show that already has a category will be accepted;
    6. Allowed sizes are 4:3 (minimum 1280x960), 5:4 (minimum 1280x1024), 5:3 (wide screen, minimum 1280x768), 16:9 (wide screen, minimum 1280x720) and 16:10 (wide screen, minimum 1280x800). There is no top limit, just keep it within the aspect ratios (more info about the ratios here)!!!
    7. All entries must have "Animewallpapers.com" along with your forum name on the bottom of your entry (all of the submissions will be uploaded on the site);
    8. All posts must include the anime/game name the characters on their wallpaper are from. If the characters don't belong anywhere categorize them as "Miscellaneous";
    9. All posts must include the links to the original stocks used;
    10. You are allowed to submit only one wallpaper, however you can submit more different aspect ratios of the same wallpaper;
    11. You can change your wallpaper as many times as you wish until we close the submission thread (this thread) by editing your post;
    12. By entering, you are giving the Anime Globe Productions LLC irrevocable right to use your entry through site promotion and so on (Artists will still be credited).

OTHER INFO:
    • Submissions are to be submitted into this thread;
    • This thread is for submissions and questions only. Each post without a submission or a question posted will be deleted and depending of the moderator's decision, the user may receive an infraction. Comments will be allowed in the results thread;
    • The submissions will be compared to the AW.com regulations before the voting starts;
    • The submission thread closes May 31;
    • For stocks check the Resources sticky or the Uploads subforum (don't forget to give appropriate credit on the wallpaper for extractions used).

THE PRIZES:
    1st place: $25 Amazon/iTunes gift certificate (the winner will decide which of the two options they want);
    2nd place: This hat*: Click image for larger version

Name:	Monkey-Hat.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	61197
    3rd place: See who left reputation (from the AF shop).

* Requires the winner to provide a valid address where the prize will be submitted to. If the prize is declined, it'll go to the third place winner, and so on.

Staff choice: a tag and the badge

Good luck to everyone.

2. Likes jwashing liked this post
    The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Default Re: Wallpaper of the Month [May 2012] - 1st Prize: $25 gift certificate

Characters: unknown so misc. (if anyone knows please feel free to enlighten

So one of my favorite memories is from like 6th or 7th grade I spent fourth of July with my best friend.. We went to the beach and then went to our local park for some fireworks though we watched them in the parking lot on a blanket with a ton of pizza. It was deff. an experience I'll never forget. We sat in the ocean for HOURS and just talked about life.

I title this wallpaper "fun in the sun" which is a quote from said friend in a video I have on a DVD ;p I <3 my best friend and I miss all the memories we have together. good times, good times.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	funinthesun.jpg‎
Views:	135
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	61199   Click image for larger version

Name:	decent (13).png‎
Views:	67
Size:	862.5 KB
ID:	61198  

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

4. Likes Princess Cupcake liked this post
    Senior Member Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Red Orb Red Dango Heart
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2016 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@FlashD can we use our own photos? Or are we supposed to u anime characters only?
    A set by blueangel06661

6. Thanks jwashing thanked for this post
    Likes jwashing liked this post
    Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by FlashD View Post
    Only anime/manga, games, or a show that already has a category will be accepted;
    Not sure if there is much to answer here. The rules are clear when it comes to what kind of stock you can use. v_v

looking for 'someone just for me" <3 Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Black Ribbon Rainbow Ribbon Mic
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2013 09:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

okay i have such a good one it may draw a tear i don't know!!! Elfin ein maybe and what do you mean by echhi?

Sig ^ made by @Kaleohano *hugs*

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Luv_The_Unloved View Post
    okay i have such a good one it may draw a tear i don't know!!! Elfin ein maybe and what do you mean by echhi?
    Covered massively huge boobage and things.. Anything that doesn't show anything so to speak.. Sort of like what we use for the dress code at a con "If you can wear it to the beach, you can wear it here, anything less is unacceptable"

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

looking for 'someone just for me" <3 Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

okay thats okay!

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

here i have mine! it has miku hatsune from vocaloids and a song name by her i really love this song and it gives my memories of the restful sleeps i had experienced when i could when i was a child.... i hope you people like it

Name:	IMG_2191_edited-1-1.jpg‎
Views:	58
Size:	174.4 KB
ID:	61570  

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

@Luv_The_Unloved

Did you even look at appropriate wallpaper sizes? That doesn't even cover my 13'' screen. Which is small in the screen world. And where's the anime/manga or game in this WP?

5. Only anime/manga, games, or a show that already has a category will be accepted;

6. Allowed sizes are 4:3 (minimum 1280x960), 5:4 (minimum 1280x1024), 5:3 (wide screen, minimum 1280x768), 16:9 (wide screen, minimum 1280x720) and 16:10 (wide screen, minimum 1280x800). There is no top limit, just keep it within the aspect ratios (more info about the ratios here)!!!

Yours is 1024x560...
    Last edited by blueangel06661; 05-09-2012 at 12:52 PM.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    @Luv_The_Unloved

Did you even look at appropriate wallpaper sizes? That doesn't even cover my 13'' screen. Which is small in the screen world. And where's the anime/manga or game in this WP?

okay still gonna fix it okay!

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

its 1280x720!!!!!!!!!

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Luv_The_Unloved View Post

[/COLOR]its 1280x720!!!!!!!!!
    No it is not.. I clicked the attachment and dragged it straight to my photoshop and grabbed the image size from there..

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

dont know why it wont show the miku hatsune part i did!!!!!

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Either way, still too small... And I see miku, now... I just thought it was a flower.. You really can't see it.. I'll let flash handle the rest :S

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Don't use PhotoBucket to host your wallpapers, because it resizes them. Submit by uploading them to AF directly.

The quality is low though and the various images blend poorly so far. Fix this too before resubmitting.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

i did this on PB thats where i work on my stuff!!!!.....thats what i can only rely on from school and at home my grandmother is funny on the things i do on her computer its just very complicated and stuff I'm doing the best i can do with the resources that i have!!!!! just saying!

Senior Member Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Red Orb Red Dango Heart
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2016 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The last one was very simple.
    I found a new tutorial and i used it to make the wallpaper.
    Its Misaki and Usui from maid sama.
    Hope u like this.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1 wall.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	886.9 KB
ID:	61837
    Last edited by Suzume; 05-15-2012 at 02:35 AM.

Junior Member Scimslayer is on a distinguished road Scimslayer's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-05-2012 02:52 PM
    Threads

Name:	rooftop memories2.png
Views:	50
Size:	2.99 MB
ID:	62622

The character is Minakami Yuki from Kagome.

The original render is RinNatsume's work as can be seen at http://www.photobucket.com/albums/t343/RinNatsume

The original stock can be found at http://dirtyharryonlocation.wordpres...ftop/dscn6994/

The wallpaper is at a 16:10 ratio, for those of you who are concerned for the resolution.

Name:	rooftop memories.png‎
Views:	110
Size:	2.97 MB
ID:	61835  
    Last edited by Scimslayer; 05-26-2012 at 07:09 PM.

Heavenly Illusion Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-30-2012 03:59 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

entry: Click image for larger version

Name:	560926wallpaper.png
Views:	119
Size:	2.54 MB
ID:	61867

stock from zerochan.net : Click image for larger version

Name:	560926.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	398.2 KB
ID:	61868

when is the due date? >.<

Name:	560926wallpaper2.png
Views:	114
Size:	2.54 MB
ID:	62072

updated version sorry about that >.<

uh my entry was "Howl's Moving Castle" .. obviously fan art though Dx
    >.< im loving these entries .___. i didn't really have a story to go with mine

23. Likes Tsumiru liked this post
    Corrupted Data Inc. CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Cookie Ice Cream Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2014 09:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Faux Angel View Post
    when is the due date? >.<
    The submission thread closes May 31

Just helping.

>>Enter My World<<

Thanks to Ms Lucy for this awesome, funny gif.

The person that you are now is not the person that I used to know. You're becoming a stranger that I've never met before. Not liking the change though.

Senior Member .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts A Duck 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-24-2016 11:02 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I'm invoking the memory of the recently discontinued Bleach anime! I have many a fond memory of moaning about filler and idolising this character for his pure awesome!

http://i47.tinypic.com/104gm1f.jpg

SIZE: 1280x1024 (Widescreen)

CHARCTER: Sousuke Aizen
    ANIME: Bleach

Resources:
    Vector: (by me) http://tatty-bojangles.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4uj4a0

Lex Luger R.I.P
    ¦ Sexy Logo By Me ¦ R A R E R E N D E R ¦ Tutorial requests and PSD Requests open ¦ Tag Thread

26. Thanks Skilero thanked for this post
    Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2016 06:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

This wallpaper is about my small time with my boyfriend a few years back. He was about to go back home the next day and well, he was giving me his kisses. They were small ones but I wanted so much more. Just a few more before he leaves... just only a few more.
    Anime/manga? I'm not really sure but if you can tell me I'd appreciate it. So this would probably be placed in with the Miscellaneous animes/mangas. o_o; I really hope I got it all right, it's my first time~

Name:	wpentry2.png‎
Views:	54
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	62398   Click image for larger version

Name:	17865534.png‎
Views:	43
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	62127  
    Last edited by Meenah; 05-21-2012 at 08:09 PM.

28. Likes Skilero liked this post
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    drobertbaker is on a distinguished road drobertbaker's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-27-2012 01:59 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Name:	final purple.png
Views:	114
Size:	2.16 MB
ID:	62602
    This wallpaper reminds me of that time I was chained to a giant stained glass clock, watching (with my good eye) the Boojums on Parade. Well ... I don't really REMEMBER it exactly, but it's in my diary, so ...

Resources used include screencaps featuring:

Chihiro from ef: a tale of memories Episode 5
    minions of Charlotte from mahou shoujo madoka magica Episode 3

Please may I have the hat? I need it to complete my outfit for this year's "Don't be a Monkey" protest at Otacon and I can't find it anywhere! Thanx!
    Last edited by drobertbaker; 05-25-2012 at 11:32 PM. Reason: upgraded tools

Corrupted Data Inc. CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Cookie Ice Cream Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2014 09:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

It's a memory of my sister and I when we went on a family picnic when I was about 5. It was a sunny day and we had fun, eating, drinking and laughing together. Good memory.

For some reason, I cannot upload in my album here, so I'm using my imageshack account.

NOTE: I don't own the extraction. I saved it in my hard disk and now I have no idea from what website I took it. So I claim no ownership over this image.

Category (anime): Clannad
    Character name: Fuko Ibuki and Ushio Okazaki

I didn't know the characters, so thanks again for telling me @すずめ .
    Last edited by CrimsonMoon; 05-20-2012 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Adding information

>>Enter My World<<

Thanks to Ms Lucy for this awesome, funny gif.

The person that you are now is not the person that I used to know. You're becoming a stranger that I've never met before. Not liking the change though.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PEOPLE! Do NOT post feedback on wallpapers in this thread! That is for voting ONLY it clutters up this thread and makes it look like a disaster!

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

32. Thanks Meenah thanked for this post
Closed Thread

Thread Information