AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Rate this anime

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll

25 43.10%

14 24.14%

9 15.52%

2 3.45%

2 3.45%

3 5.17%

1 1.72%

0 0%

1 1.72%

1 1.72%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [TV series] Shakugan no Shana

Senior Member gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-24-2009 02:42 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default [TV series] Shakugan no Shana

Type:
    TV series - 24 episodes.
    Genre: Fantasy, Romance, Shounen

Plot synopsis
    Sakai Yuuji, a high school student who expected his normal life to last forever, is dead. When he was on his way home he witnessed a shocking view as the world suddenly froze: people were engulfed by blue flames and a monster resembling a large doll swallowed them. Just as the monster prepared to consume Yuuji, a sword-wielding girl in black attire with flaming red eyes and hair that burns like embers saved him from the monster. The girl called herself a "Flame Haze" who hunts the "Guze no Tomogara", creatures from another world. As Yuuji noticed a blue flame in his chest, she called him a "Torch", a temporary replacement, saying that the "real" Yuuji's existence had already ended. Unfazed, Yuuji befriended the strange girl, named her "Shana", and joined her fight against Tomogara and other Flame Hazes.

Story (8/10)
    I thought the story was very intense, original, and very compelling. I've never heard or seen anything like this before.

Characters (9/10)

Shana... the main girl, the main love interest, the most kick-butt character in the whole series. Always accompanied by Alastor.
    And Yuuji, just a quiet, average kid, but able to accomplish so much, despite the fact that he has so many problems to overcome.
    All the other characters are as equally developed throughout the story, but since they are secondary characters, I decided to leave them out.

Art/animation (9/10)
    Not going to lie, quite possibly the best art and animation in an anime that I've seen. Still wasnt perfect though, thus the 9.

Voice acting, music (7/10)
    Perhaps it was just the files I got, the ADR was so erratic... Sometimes it was as if, during a quiet scene, they would turn the volume of the ADR file so there was a lot of fuzzy background noise. It's hardly noticeable, but since I work with audio a lot, I notice it right away.

Overall (9/10)
    Amazing. Quite possibly my favorite anime series now.

The same could be said about the Shakugan no Shana II series, since it's just a second season.
    If it just tastes sweet
    Let's put some salt on it

Junior Member Sakurei is on a distinguished road Sakurei's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-21-2009 02:22 PM
    Threads

Story (10/10)
    very special storyline, ever since ive seen it, ive tried to find a similar one, but i couldnt, its unique

Character (9/10)
    shana, absolutey the best character in the series, she kicks *** and yuuji who is rather weak at the beginning, yet he trains and becomes a very significant character.

Art/Animation (9/10)
    a very nice piece of art, though cant really explain why. but I rarely see better ones but since i do "just" 9 out of 10 points

Audio (10/10)
    the openings as well as the endings are very nice, of course a one or two exceptions...the voice acting itself is rather well done too, the voices match the characters and fit them as well

Overall (10/10)
    one masterpiece of course, i really love this anime and i think its a mustwatch if you want to watch sometihng unique. it easily placed itself in my top 5

Junior Member lisalover1 is on a distinguished road lisalover1's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-29-2009 02:38 PM
    Threads

Story 10/10
    Very interesting and engrossing story with many twists and subplots that blend together to create something magnificent. The character's lines seem natural and show absolutely no traces of "forced" dialogue, and it seems nothing at all was lost in translation in the dub.

Characters 8/10
    Although Shana follows the classic Tsundere formula, the character progression is generally highly believable and authentic, giving the viewer a good connection with the characters.

Art/Animation 8/10
    I've seen some amazing art in anime before, and while not all animes can measure up to the artistry of Someday's Dreamers season 2, Shakugan no Shana shows loads of incredible, fluid animation and art, especially in the fight scenes, where most eye-candy usually appears.

Audio 10/10
    Very good, atmospheric music that fits perfectly in every scene, with very little recycling of music. The only song that was recycled was the fantastic title theme, but frankly, most animes do this, so it's best just to let it slide. It's also worth noting that the voice acting in the dub is some of the best I've ever heard. While most dubs are notorious for being the the range of mediocre all the way down to putrid, Shakugan no Shana obviously utilized some very talented voice actors the play the English voices.

Overall 10/10
    Read Sakurei's comment; he took the words right out of my mouth. Shakugan no Shana is a fantastic anime that will draw you in and not let you go until you've watched the final episode. I highly recommend it.

Junior Member lisalover1 is on a distinguished road lisalover1's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-29-2009 02:38 PM
    Threads

Story 10/10
    Very interesting and engrossing story with many twists and subplots that blend together to create something magnificent. The character's lines seem natural and show absolutely no traces of "forced" dialogue, and it seems nothing at all was lost in translation in the dub.

Characters 8/10
    Although Shana follows the classic Tsundere formula, the character progression is generally highly believable and authentic, giving the viewer a good connection with the characters.

Art/Animation 8/10
    I've seen some amazing art in anime before, and while not all animes can measure up to the artistry of Someday's Dreamers season 2, Shakugan no Shana shows loads of incredible, fluid animation and art, especially in the fight scenes, where most eye-candy usually appears.

Audio 10/10
    Very good, atmospheric music that fits perfectly in every scene, with very little recycling of music. The only song that was recycled was the fantastic title theme, but frankly, most animes do this, so it's best just to let it slide. It's also worth noting that the voice acting in the dub is some of the best I've ever heard. While most dubs are notorious for being the the range of mediocre all the way down to putrid, Shakugan no Shana obviously utilized some very talented voice actors the play the English voices.

Overall 10/10
    Read Sakurei's comment; he took the words right out of my mouth. Shakugan no Shana is a fantastic anime that will draw you in and not let you go until you've watched the final episode. I highly recommend it.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Favorite Bioshock Syringe Bioshock Eve
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2019 06:35 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aozorapen

I found the series somewhat of a bore really. The plot seemed, to me, not fast-paced enough. Trade Melty Blood or Code Geass for it any time. Any way, here's my verdict:

Story: I'd give it a 7/10.
    The plot's fairly okay, just not enough to keep my interest.

Characters: 6/10.
    Might seem a little stereotyped at times. The strong lead character who happens to be female; Shana is sorta a byronic hero at times if you ask me...paired with Yuuji, whose character isn't very strong, a parallel, weak counterpart to her strong one. The bad guys don't seem to be rather strong, for a shounen manga/anime, and to me seem rather a little shoujo.

Art/Animation: 9/10.
    Probably what I agree with most, if not for the opening and ending themes, the music. The character design is good, almost faultless, and makes for good watching/reading in any case.

Audio: 9/10.
    The opening and ending themes were good, and quite fit the whole anime, overall. Aka no Seijaku and Hishoku no Sora would be the best of the lot. So is Akai Namida, the movie insert, if you've heard it.

Overall: It would be a 6/10 or possible 7/10. Not to insult it, but the plot was a little slow moving. I got bored after a while but persevered to the end. It seems a little shoujo at times, as aforementioned.

できねぇ時?
    そん時ゃ諸共心中だよ

Senior Member Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy has a reputation beyond repute Gr1mmy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-03-2009 10:28 PM
    Threads

Story (10/10)
    I remember back in middle school when I first became obsessed with anime. During that time period, I watched countless anime. Enough for my grades to drop, become sleep deprived, and lose friends. Yet, out of all the anime I watched in middle school, the story that to this day remains the most memorable is definitely Shakugan no Shana.
    Characters (10/10)
    The backbone of this anime definitely revolves around its characters. Every character has their own unique background. Each character is developed at least once in the anime, with the exception of Ike. Ike degenerates from a smart honor student into a semi-stalker obsessed with Yoshida Kazumi, used for laughs and gags. Now, Shana is definitely one of the most amazing characters I've ever seen. Seriously, a long hair, flat chest, short, sword-wielding, flying, fire, uber, powerhouse girl probably combines into the greatest tsundere of all time. Still obsessed.

Art/animation (9.5/10)Great art and animation. Battle scenes are exciting. Character and environmental detail is superb. Fuzetsu and flame effects are nice. I only have a slight problem with certain scenes where everything is static.

Voice acting, music (10/10)Shakugan no Shana has a really good seiyu lineup. Masahi Ebara, Rie Kugimiya, Ayako Kawasumi, and etc. When there's tsundere, there's Rie Kugimiya. Her voice seems to be able to embody the perfect tsundere. She's noted for voicing other noticeable tsundere characters, such as Louis Valliere from Zero no Tsukaima or Aisaka Taiga from Toradora. The first OP for the anime was one of my favorite and still is. Not only is the song good, but the OP animation itself was great. There are several orchestral pieces played throughout the anime as well, used for maintaining tension and generally those pre-battle scenes.
    Overall (10/10)I should restate that this anime is one of my favorites, if you can't get the hint from my avatar or signature. The combination of good voice-acting, characters, and plot makes this one of the best animes I've watched. In my honest opinion, Shakugan no Shana is definitely a must watch. An action packed anime with romance and just the right amount of gags to keep the mood up, Shakugan no Shana is on the #1 spot of my list and an anime you'll most likely enjoy.

Junior Member lil_will87902 is on a distinguished road lil_will87902's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2009 10:51 AM
    Threads

Story (9.5/10)
    The story is unlike any i have ever seen or even read about. But towards the ends of the first season and part of the second season it started to lack a little bit, hence the 9.5. But besides that it is extremely captivating.

Characters (9/10)
    Many of the characters in the story especially the main two are very well developed and likable, however, some of the supporting characters were given roles that made it seem like the writers were trying to hard to make them more important.

Audio (10/10)
    I have never found a series where the English dub is comparable or even better than the original audio. the English cast is fantastic, and the sound effects from battles and other ambient noises are amazing.

Animation (10/10)
    The fight scenes are simply phenomenal and the movement of the characters is very life-like and well done.

Overall (9.9/10)
    Besides the lacking story for a few episodes and poor supporting character development, this series is phenomenal, one I would recommend to any anime fan, even those who don't usually like an action series.

Ruler of Fire ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-09-2010 05:42 AM
    Threads

Lightbulb

Story (10/10)
    I remember back in middle school when I first became obsessed with anime. During that time period, I watched countless anime. Enough for my grades to drop, become sleep deprived, and lose friends. Yet, out of all the anime I watched in middle school, the story that to this day remains the most memorable is definitely Shakugan no Shana.
    Characters (10/10)
    The backbone of this anime definitely revolves around its characters. Every character has their own unique background. Each character is developed at least once in the anime, with the exception of Ike. Ike degenerates from a smart honor student into a semi-stalker obsessed with Yoshida Kazumi, used for laughs and gags. Now, Shana is definitely one of the most amazing characters I've ever seen. Seriously, a long hair, flat chest, short, sword-wielding, flying, fire, uber, powerhouse girl probably combines into the greatest tsundere of all time. Still obsessed.

Art/animation (10/10)Great art and animation. Battle scenes are exciting. Character and environmental detail is superb. Fuzetsu and flame effects are nice. I only have a slight problem with certain scenes where everything is static.

Voice acting, music (10/10)Shakugan no Shana has a really good seiyu lineup. Masahi Ebara, Rie Kugimiya, Ayako Kawasumi, and etc. When there's tsundere, there's Rie Kugimiya. Her voice seems to be able to embody the perfect tsundere. She's noted for voicing other noticeable tsundere characters, such as Louis Valliere from Zero no Tsukaima or Aisaka Taiga from Toradora. The first OP for the anime was one of my favorite and still is. Not only is the song good, but the OP animation itself was great. There are several orchestral pieces played throughout the anime as well, used for maintaining tension and generally those pre-battle scenes.
    Overall (10/10)I should restate that this anime is one of my favorites, if you can't get the hint from my avatar or signature. The combination of good voice-acting, characters, and plot makes this one of the best animes I've watched. In my honest opinion, Shakugan no Shana is definitely a must watch. An action packed anime with romance and just the right amount of gags to keep the mood up, Shakugan no Shana is on the #1 spot of my list and an anime you'll most likely enjoy.

Junior Member Ginger. is on a distinguished road Ginger.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2010 11:18 PM
    Threads

Default Re: [TV series] Shakugan no Shana

Story (10/10)
    I absolutely adore the story! I think I'll always remember, because once I started watching, I couldn't stop. I fell in love with it all, I watched the series more then once.. I just think this is a truly amazing anime. (:

Characters (10/10)

I love the characters. Shana is adorable, I love her personality once she finally accepts Yujis opinion on "I'm not just a torch," ext, and even before, and if it's possible, I think Shana is definitely one of my role models in life. (:
    And also, Yuji, I adore him as well. I love his attitude towards life, and how cute of a anime he is, haha. ^-^

Art/animation (10/10)
    Of all the animations I've seen, Shakugan no Shana was definitely incredible to watch. I haven't seen such amazing animation before, I was taken away on the first episode! ^^

Voice acting, music (10/10)
    I thought the dub was fantastic, because the real version and the dub sound very much a like. I love the music, especially the openings. There just perfect!

Overall (10/10)
    I know, I know. I said 10 for all the ratings, but I'm serious. This is a AMAZING anime, and I recommend it to absolutely everyone!

Senior Member AzuuKaBoom has a reputation beyond repute AzuuKaBoom has a reputation beyond repute AzuuKaBoom has a reputation beyond repute AzuuKaBoom has a reputation beyond repute AzuuKaBoom has a reputation beyond repute AzuuKaBoom has a reputation beyond repute AzuuKaBoom has a reputation beyond repute AzuuKaBoom has a reputation beyond repute AzuuKaBoom has a reputation beyond repute AzuuKaBoom has a reputation beyond repute AzuuKaBoom has a reputation beyond repute AzuuKaBoom's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Binoculars
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-26-2010 08:23 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Xx LoN3 W01f x PSN ID: XxLoNeW01fx Steam ID: XxLoN3W01fx

This is one of a few anime's I have seen all of the episodes. I enjoyed it from star to finish, The Love between Shana and Yuji is just amazing, The anime keeps the suspense throughout the whole of the two season but the HAVE TO MAKE A THIRD!!!!

Anyway

Story (10/10)
    It kept me watching one after the other, it keeps me in constant curiosity wanting to know whats going to happen, are yuji and shana going to confess? Did he chose shana or that other girl (can't remember her name =P)

Music (10/10)
    The music is what creates the mood, the music in shakugan no shana kept me watching and the opening theme tunes where amazing (downloaded them to my MP3 player)

Characters (9/10)
    All the characters had a good reason to be there, they didn't just put any bad guys just to fill the cracks. the only comment I would have to say was a bit too much for me was the brother and sister (If you've watched it you would know what I mean) in my opinion it was a touch too far and just made me uncomfortable =P

General view (10/10)
    I would recomend this anime to anyone and everyone with a passion for anime. It is a great story and will keep you watching till the very end.

Can anyone give me any news on the third season ? I need to see more =[

Banned Forum / Chat neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy's Avatar
    Gil
    Goofy
    Gifts Compass
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2013 02:10 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Phxndnassasin13

10/10 on all aspects, I LOVE SHANA !!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information