AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Azumanga Daioh Wallpaper

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Cowboy Hat Mario Chain Chomp Venus Star Wand Top
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-30-2013 07:51 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default Azumanga Daioh Wallpaper

Yay, my first ever wallpaper! And it's Azumanga Daioh, my favorite anime to date.

It probably took around and hour and a half to do. I used Photoshop CS5.

Any critique is welcome~ (And yes, I know it hasn't been resized to a full wallpaper. I figure if I get some good suggestions I might change it)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	azumanga daioh wallpaper.png
Views:	65
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	61098
    Last edited by nanashipiero; 04-25-2012 at 03:16 PM.

Member ButzYung has much to be proud of ButzYung has much to be proud of ButzYung has much to be proud of ButzYung has much to be proud of ButzYung has much to be proud of ButzYung has much to be proud of ButzYung has much to be proud of ButzYung has much to be proud of ButzYung has much to be proud of ButzYung's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2015 08:11 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Azumanga Daioh Wallpaper

The focus is way too soft probably because of the resizing. You'd better try with better quality stocks next time.

3. Thanks nanashipiero thanked for this post
    Likes nanashipiero liked this post
    Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 American Flag Ribbon AK47
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2016 03:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Light Buster PSN ID: Lightbuster88

^ Agree with @ButzYung . Way too smooth to use and the dimensions are not even standard. To top it off, there is no type of blending whatsoever. If you continue to make wallpapers, you'll need to look up the standard sizes first.
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

5. Thanks nanashipiero thanked for this post
    The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

The quality alone as people suggested took major points off of your wall. It looks like you took a scan and make it larger to fit. However the biggest no-no in the entire GFX world is unless it's a vector do NOT make it larger than what it was originally. No matter how much you hope and pray that it'll look fine, it won't. Even the BG is low quality. I can barely tell it's cherry blossoms. In this mannor the WP is very simple just an extraction w/bad outerglow over another BG. It's too blurry and not a smidge of it is in focus/sharp. Also the size is pretty small. It doesn't even fit my 13'' macbook which is a pretty small size. What I usually do is go to AW.com and look at the wallpapers, find a popular one and take it's largest size and use that size.

Hope this helps, and good luck making future WP's you'll get the hang of it soon!

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

7. Thanks nanashipiero thanked for this post
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Cowboy Hat Mario Chain Chomp Venus Star Wand Top
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-30-2013 07:51 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

OK, guys! Thank you for all the feedback!

Yeah, I'm pretty bad at extracting (the outer glow was to make the white go away, LOL). To tell the truth, It was pretty sharp, but I thought it would look a little better if it were blurry, but on second thought, maybe not.

Most of my stuff is pretty simple (a.k.a extraction + BG + sparkly stuff), but thank you for the tips and feedback!

And the size was annoying me, but the baka I am, I thought I could resize it to look good... lol. But anyway, thank you, guys!

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Quote Originally Posted by alisaallthat View Post
    OK, guys! Thank you for all the feedback!

Yeah, I'm pretty bad at extracting (the outer glow was to make the white go away, LOL).
    Today at 7:00PM est time we have classes on extrating, soooo if you want come (also 2 more classes later in the week)

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Junior Member abn is on a distinguished road abn's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-02-2012 09:34 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    The quality alone as people suggested took major points off of your wall. It looks like you took a scan and make it larger to fit. However the biggest no-no in the entire GFX world is unless it's a vector do NOT make it larger than what it was originally. No matter how much you hope and pray that it'll look fine, it won't. Even the BG is low quality. I can barely tell it's cherry blossoms. In this mannor the WP is very simple just an extraction w/bad outerglow over another BG. It's too blurry and not a smidge of it is in focus/sharp. Also the size is pretty small. It doesn't even fit my 13'' macbook which is a pretty small size. What I usually do is go to AW.com and look at the wallpapers, find a popular one and take it's largest size and use that size.

Hope this helps, and good luck making future WP's you'll get the hang of it soon!
    Progress is the activity of today and the assurance of tomorrow.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information