AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [TV Series] Angel Beats!

Senior Member Blade_Runner95 has a reputation beyond repute Blade_Runner95 has a reputation beyond repute Blade_Runner95 has a reputation beyond repute Blade_Runner95 has a reputation beyond repute Blade_Runner95 has a reputation beyond repute Blade_Runner95 has a reputation beyond repute Blade_Runner95 has a reputation beyond repute Blade_Runner95 has a reputation beyond repute Blade_Runner95 has a reputation beyond repute Blade_Runner95 has a reputation beyond repute Blade_Runner95 has a reputation beyond repute Blade_Runner95's Avatar
    Gil
    Depressed
    Gifts Kunai Shuriken Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2012 03:21 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mastermind676 PSN ID: Blade_Runner95

Default [TV Series] Angel Beats!

“No matter what happens, I will be by your side”
    —————————————-
    Year of production:2010
    Number of episodes: 13eps
    Produced By: P.A Works and Aniplex
    Content: Contains violence and select moments of bad language (usually for a reason)
    Genre: Action, School Life, Comedy, Supernatural
    —————————————-
    Story:
    The story of Angel Beats follows Yuzuru Otonashi, a young man on the way to his university entrance exam. On the way there, the train he is riding on crashes in the train tunnel, and inevitably, he dies. Afterwards, he wakes up in Limbo, face to face with a young red-haired girl with a sniper pointed downwards. The girl’s name is Yuri, and she invites him to join the Afterlife Battlefront (SSS), a group which fights against the cruel fate given to them by God. She also tells him about Angel, a girl who is believed to be working for God, and is the mortal enemy of the SSS. With Otonashi now a member of the SSS, he goes upon his mission of defeating Angel…..

Artwork:
    What else can I say, other than the artwork is beautiful? P.A Works has absolutely set a high standard for this show, as seen in the picture at the start of this post. Everything from the environments to the images used in the OP/ED, to even the characters looks superb. School uniforms are detailed immensely, and almost look like a direct translation from reality to the anime medium. The “assailants” introduced towards the latter half of the show are animated quite well, with much detail being paid to them.
    I liked the attention paid to the hipster character, T.K. His headband was pretty well done, and the peace necklace chained around his neck, was animated perfectly during the fight scenes in which it was constantly flung around XD

Sound:
    The voice cast for this show was quite impressive, each delivering their roles quite well. Hiroshi Kamiya as Otonashi and Harumi Sakurai as Yuri both play their roles of the main leads superbly, giving emotion to the main characters. Even though Angel was a quiet character and was not of the talkative type, Kana Hanazawa managed to bring to the surface her hidden emotions, and the secrets hidden away behind her quiet exterior. The weaponry displayed throughout the series sounded as it should, no doubt being helped by their real-life counterparts.
    The OP has to be one of my most favourite anime opening songs of all time. The beautiful melody of the piano, accompanied by the imagery of Angel playing said piano, was simply incredible. The insert songs throughout the series was, often enough, matched to suit the scene being displayed, and helped to enhance the feelings given off by the scene in question. While the ED will not stay in my head for very long, it is still a noteworthy song that should be remembered, if only for its subtlety and beauty.
    However, there were some negatives to the seiyuu. While some may disagree with me on this point, I found the English dub of the series to be quite moderate in comparison. The voices did not give off as much emotion as in the Japanese voices. Some of the characters even came across as annoying and whiny (example: Yui). Most were tolerable, but nothing extraordinary.

Characters/Themes:
    Many of the characters had respectable personalities, and surprisingly, there really were no cliches! Otonashi was the skeptical main lead, Yuri the headstrong and determined battle girl, Angel the multilayered girl with secrets etc. None of them managed to grate on your nerves, and each had different character traits to accompany them. Its as if the creators wanted to make each individual unique, which including Girls Dead Monster and the other members of the Afterlife Battlefront, they certainly did.
    This show is also quite emotional at certain points, so keep a box of tissues handy. It tackles the themes of belonging, self-worth, acceptance and more. Especially Yui’s “moment”, man that cut me deep. This added layer of emotion is also what makes Angel Beats so good, as it complements the themes of the show perfectly.

Conclusion:
    In conclusion, Angel Beats is probably my favourite P.A Works title so far. With its terrific blend of cinematography, acting and emotion, it is an anime that I would reccommend to anyone willing to shed a few tears. It truly is a show worth your time, and I guarantee you this, it will teach you some life lessons. Hell, I certainly learnt a few.

Rating: 8/10

Member Reviewer03 is on a distinguished road Reviewer03's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-15-2013 06:26 AM
    Threads

Default Re: [TV Series] Angel Beats!

Its a good anime but I really dont understand the hype about it. I would give it a 7/10 because there are quite some flaws.

3. Thanks Blade_Runner95 thanked for this post
    Member Purple Angel has a reputation beyond repute Purple Angel has a reputation beyond repute Purple Angel has a reputation beyond repute Purple Angel has a reputation beyond repute Purple Angel has a reputation beyond repute Purple Angel has a reputation beyond repute Purple Angel has a reputation beyond repute Purple Angel has a reputation beyond repute Purple Angel has a reputation beyond repute Purple Angel has a reputation beyond repute Purple Angel has a reputation beyond repute Purple Angel's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Gurren Boota Aria Neko Tsubasa Mokona
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-02-2012 04:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I absolutely loved Angel Beats so much! I agree the artwork is beautiful plus the story does teach lessons
    there's just one little thing that was a shame, and could have been improved on:

Near the end when they had to have all the characters "disappear" I really disliked how they could all just quickly go, it would have been nice to have a couple of episodes to see there story and such. Though I understand PA works had a restricted budget and could only produce a certain amount of episodes and at high quality. It was just a shame it couldn't have been longer

Purple Angel

5. Thanks Blade_Runner95 thanked for this post
    Senior Member RavenQueen has a brilliant future RavenQueen has a brilliant future RavenQueen has a brilliant future RavenQueen has a brilliant future RavenQueen has a brilliant future RavenQueen has a brilliant future RavenQueen has a brilliant future RavenQueen has a brilliant future RavenQueen has a brilliant future RavenQueen has a brilliant future RavenQueen has a brilliant future RavenQueen's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Luna-P Ball Haruhi Sos Dan Tennis Ball
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-14-2013 10:04 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

it was good i cry few times wish it did not end

7. Thanks Blade_Runner95 thanked for this post
    Junior Member rawzah is on a distinguished road rawzah's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-20-2012 07:07 AM
    Threads

This anime gave me a good laugh, although the ending is a little sad.

9. Thanks Blade_Runner95 thanked for this post
    Banned Forum / Chat neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy's Avatar
    Gil
    Goofy
    Gifts Compass
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2013 02:10 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Phxndnassasin13

Guys iv'e watched e

---------- Post added at 03:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 AM ----------

I've recently been reccommened this anime and i need to know if It is worth watching? Please reply.

11. Thanks Blade_Runner95 thanked for this post
    Member Reviewer03 is on a distinguished road Reviewer03's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-15-2013 06:26 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by neogalaxy View Post
    Guys iv'e watched e

---------- Post added at 03:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 AM ----------

I've recently been reccommened this anime and i need to know if It is worth watching? Please reply.
    The first two episodes are about intense life and death situation with some deep drama and good comedy - then it changes to playing pranks at school - there is still a lot of action but somehow I felt that after episode 2 or 3 it went downhill.

So I would suggest - watch the first two episodes - they are the best of the series - decide if you watche the whole thing based on that.

13. Thanks Blade_Runner95 thanked for this post
    Banned Forum / Chat neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy is infamous around these parts neogalaxy's Avatar
    Gil
    Goofy
    Gifts Compass
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2013 02:10 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Phxndnassasin13

Quote Originally Posted by Reviewer03 View Post
    The first two episodes are about intense life and death situation with some deep drama and good comedy - then it changes to playing pranks at school - there is still a lot of action but somehow I felt that after episode 2 or 3 it went downhill.

So I would suggest - watch the first two episodes - they are the best of the series - decide if you watche the whole thing based on that.
    ok Thanks man! ill watch the first two episodes and see if i like it.

15. Thanks Blade_Runner95 thanked for this post
    Senior Member threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Wolf
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2013 11:23 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W0LF1NN PSN ID: G0pherG0d

I enjoyed it, not my favorite since coming back to watching anime, but I definitely laughed a lot while watching it. My main complaint from it, was them not filling out one of the main characters reason for being there and having to wonder and guess why she was there.

17. Thanks Blade_Runner95 thanked for this post
    Senior Member ~Fallen~Angel~ is on a distinguished road ~Fallen~Angel~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon Soul Eater Logo Red Dango
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2014 02:58 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Super Ko Rider

My 1 complaint about Angel Beats is that they didn't show all of the main Battlefrontiers reasons for passing on. I loved TK but I was sad not to have his story explained.

You find life unfair? Try being and egg. You only get laid once, you only get eaten once, it takes four minutes to get hard, but only two to get soft, you share a box with eleven other guys, but what's worse was the only chick to sit on you is your mom!

19. Thanks Blade_Runner95 thanked for this post
    Junior Member Mini-Hawk will become famous soon enough Mini-Hawk's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2012 10:30 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DERPYHAWK

I think my main problem with "Angel Beats!, was how short the story was. It should have had a few more episodes to explain a bit more. However i think what competed the show was the shows fantastic ending. It was very complete, and because of this, i wouldn't mind not having a second season.

21. Thanks Blade_Runner95 thanked for this post
    Member /X Metal Sorenges x has a spectacular aura about /X Metal Sorenges x has a spectacular aura about /X Metal Sorenges x's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-03-2012 03:09 PM
    Threads

I thought the storyline in regards to Angel Beats was very interesting to say the least. Young teenagers/adults are brought to this afterlife and can only move on to the next life by accepting there fate from the real world. I do agree with everyone as the show ended much quicker then expected, they could have taken a bit more time to explain the stories of each individual person that got there but I do for certain understand the company only had the budget for a certain amount of episodes. The ending was very sad but this was defenitely quite the enjoyable anime, very humorous content aswell.
    Last edited by /X Metal Sorenges x; 07-22-2012 at 01:44 PM.

Junior Member Aki_Mori is on a distinguished road Aki_Mori's Avatar
    Gil
    Confused
    Gifts Mic
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-28-2012 09:27 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: I_Love_Pandas

I think it was okay. One of my favorite anime. But, I must agree how I didnt like the series length. I wish it was longer.

Member Sankyo Sentina is on a distinguished road Sankyo Sentina's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Red Dango Clannad Botan Orange Dango
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-26-2013 03:36 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gamervaughn

Angel Beats has always been very special. Too bad there is only 14 episodes, come on.

Senior Member Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2013 05:08 PM
    Threads

The first three episodes are my favorite. The third episode is the best of them all in my opinion, but I wish the story arcs were longer. Also, I liked Yuri's speech when she trapped as an AI in the class room. ANd the music was really good. It had potential to be a cartoon comedy sitcom.
    Last edited by Ayu 「あゆ」; 07-23-2012 at 09:48 PM.

Senior Member darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Decepticons Leo AK47
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2014 04:00 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: darkwolf1911

the story line was good the voices were nice and the plot was touching 8.5 out of 10
    live life to the fullest because you are not guarantied a tomorrow

Senior Member Karirie is a splendid one to behold Karirie is a splendid one to behold Karirie is a splendid one to behold Karirie is a splendid one to behold Karirie is a splendid one to behold Karirie is a splendid one to behold Karirie is a splendid one to behold Karirie's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Gir 025 - Pikachu
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-24-2014 10:17 AM
    That's for me to know and for you to find out :3
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I would give this anime a 9/10. I love almost everything about this anime, the plot, characters, and the artwork. The only thing that bothered me was the voice acting. It was awkward to here Kanade's voice because it sounded to much like Kotomi's voice from Clannad. Same with Hinata and Tomoya. I know they have the same voice actors, but it just felt awkward and weird to here them sound so alike. Even though the voice acting bothered me, I think this anime is amazing and wonderful.

Junior Member Wecc is on a distinguished road Wecc's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-25-2012 01:50 AM
    Threads

I really loved this anime. I enjoyed every episode. I felt like it good that it was short beause if they just did 20 episodes of people getting over their own problems feel like that would get boring fast. For some reason the entire time i was watching this i was hoping that they would get to the end and they would wake up to find that they werent dead and that is was the place people go when they have near death experiances.

Senior Member cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-10-2013 11:40 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: opulant warrior

can someone please post a link to the episodes i can't find them

Senior Member Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2013 05:08 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by cowtipper View Post
    can someone please post a link to the episodes i can't find them
    http://www.hulu.com/angel-beats

http://social.zune.net/tv/series/Ang...e-7f2ef7049299

Enjoy! It's an awesome anime and one of the few that is in HD

Senior Member FatalEnd21 is on a distinguished road FatalEnd21's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2014 02:22 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FatalEnd21 PSN ID: FatalEnd21 Steam ID: FatalEnd21

Great review! This anime was an absolute 10/10 for me. There wasn't anything I didn't like. I thought the length was reasonable. I enjoyed both the English dub and Japanese dub.

Junior Member MrRichie is on a distinguished road MrRichie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-19-2012 02:20 PM
    Threads

In my opinion this was a fantastic anime with a brilliant story, some of the funniest scenes i've seen in anime in a long time and characters that i could actually stand (which is rare for me). out of 10 i would give it a 9 because although it was good there were somethings that it was unfortunately lacking.

Member TheDeathGod is on a distinguished road TheDeathGod's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts One Piece Mugiwara
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2014 05:42 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I think the show was Great!But I wish if it was longer<..>

Junior Member Darth幻 is on a distinguished road Darth幻's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-23-2013 03:36 PM
    Threads

Wait for the game presented by key, it will answer many questions in the TV series.

Senior Member Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Ice Ornament
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-28-2021 10:15 AM
    Threads

It was rushed + anime have a plot wholes but stil i like the anime so i give it : 7.5/10

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information