AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to anime scene and looking for good anime! GIVE ME ANY RECOMMENDATION!

Junior Member bluegoose_69 is on a distinguished road bluegoose_69's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-21-2012 06:41 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: johnbrown52

Default New to anime scene and looking for good anime! GIVE ME ANY RECOMMENDATION!

like the title said, looking for new anime...
    all recommendations are accepted

just for reference, these are my favorite animes (no order)
    1. dragonball
    2. dragonball z
    3. afro samurai
    4. high school of the dead
    5. samurai jack
    6. one piece
    7. naruto shippuden

Please help me out, thanks!

Oh and happy 420!!!

Moderator Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Wine Kangaroo
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 04:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New to anime scene and looking for good anime! GIVE ME ANY RECOMMENDATION!

Check out my blog (signature) for some reviews and recommendations.

Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Default Re: New to anime scene and looking for good anime! GIVE ME ANY RECOMMENDATION!

thanks but looking for something a little more direct like one or two specific titles and the genre of anime they are

Senior Member marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Witch Hat Gir Aries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2012 08:45 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Try Soul Eater or Desert Punk. They have a decent mix of humor and seriousness.
    My Bubblegum Crisis fan-site --> The Bubblegum Crisis Sanctum (a work in progress)

and my humble blog --> The Writing Desk

--> My AF album

Pet Shop Story and Dragon Story ids: webowers, wbowers

Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

thanks

Senior Member Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Pocky Compass
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-27-2013 12:29 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Hitman Reborn, Strongest Disciple Kenichi. Toriko and Full Metal Alchemist.

Set by Me
    ~Dancing Through Life~

Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

can you elaborate what their about?

Senior Member Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Pocky Compass
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-27-2013 12:29 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bluegoose_69 View Post
    can you elaborate what their about?
    Well they are all Shounen anime like the ones you have listed in your first post.

Hitman Reborn is a battle anime based on a boy who finds out that he is the heir to the worlds most powerful Mafia family and becomes trained by the worlds greatest Hitman.

Kenichi is about a boy who always got picked on and never really could stand up for himself. One day he sees a girl getting slightly harassed by some strange lookin dudes and he runs in to save her and finds out she is a martial arts intermediate who lives and trains at a dojo with some of the strongest people in the world. He then goes and starts to train under them and gets a lil more than he bargained for.

Toriko is set in a parallel world where everything is based around food. Animals are based off of foods plants, even some people have the power to harness the foods. It is a battle anime made from the same studio who does One Piece and has a few crossovers.

Full Metal Alchemist and Full Metal Alchemist Brother hood are 2 different adaptations of what is known or regarded as the greatest manga/anime ever created. It takes you to a world based around the 1940's yet every thing is different because of a sacred scientific power called Alchemy. The story centers around 2 boys Edward and Alphonse Elric who end up performing the taboo of alchemy in an attempt at bringing their mother back to life... Human transmutation.

*pant pant*

hope that answers your question somewhat xD

Set by Me
    ~Dancing Through Life~

Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

wow that was extremely helpful!!!
    i will chekc those out for sure!

10. Likes Road liked this post
    Senior Member Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-11-2012 12:51 AM
    Threads

I'll second Full Metal Alchemist.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

12. Likes Road liked this post
    Junior Member TheLoneBlade is on a distinguished road TheLoneBlade's Avatar
    Gil
    Twisted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-06-2012 06:59 PM
    Threads

Code Geass, Blue Exorcist (Ao no Exorcist), Durarara!!, Death Note, and Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler) are all really good.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

Code Geass, Ao no Exorcist (Blue Exorcist), Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler), Durarara!!, and Death Note I highly recomend. Also, I third Fullmetal Alchemist and second Hitman Reborn

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Code Geass, Blue Exorcist, Black Butler, Durarara!!, and Death Note I highly recomend. I third Fullmetal Alchemist and second Hitman Reborn.

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

Code Geass, Death Note, Durarara!!, Black Butler, and Blue Exorcist.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information