AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Did my thread get deleted?

Banned Forum / Chat UltimateMegaCannon is on a distinguished road UltimateMegaCannon's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-04-2012 11:23 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Did my thread get deleted?

I posted a link to an islamic extremest website I found. I didn't even do it to promote terrorism, but rather to increase awareness about what our enemy is doing (and trust me you can get a lot of info about them just by reading the stuff on their site). So I thought it was fair to post, but it's gone now. Was it deleted? Did it violate some rule? If so, I sure don't remember reading such a rule in AnimeForum's listing of rules.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Did my thread get deleted?

If you examine the misc rules carefully, you'll find they end with a sentence like

"Keep in mind that besides the things that are never allowed, depending on the situation, other things may also be forbidden or frowned upon."

"other things" is a sneaky little bugger. The rule is basically carte blanche for misc mods to mod as they see fit, without having to relate the moderation to any specific rule. And to be able to deal with stuff like this is exactly why we put the rule there.
    Last edited by Eris; 04-04-2012 at 03:40 PM.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Junior Member RoXX0rz has a brilliant future RoXX0rz has a brilliant future RoXX0rz has a brilliant future RoXX0rz has a brilliant future RoXX0rz has a brilliant future RoXX0rz has a brilliant future RoXX0rz has a brilliant future RoXX0rz has a brilliant future RoXX0rz has a brilliant future RoXX0rz has a brilliant future RoXX0rz has a brilliant future RoXX0rz's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Compass Fedora M1911
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2022 12:44 PM
    Threads

Although this thread wasn't by me, I find it kind of unfair that a thread would get deleted for basically, or as much as you saying... "I don't agree with this being posted, so I'll delete because there's a section in the rules that says I can delete anything I feel I don't agree with." If that's the way you moderate a forum, then fair enough. Doesn't say much about moderation. Could you at least provide a reason why you find this unsuitable to be posted or discussed?

In my opinion, if OP wasn't trying to promote this kind of thing, and was genuinely making a point of trying to make the issue more aware, I can't see why it would be a problem. Obviously I'm not a moderator so that's why I'm asking you to please explain why you find it unsuitable.

What if it was posted in the forum for more mature topics, such as serious talk?
    Last edited by RoXX0rz; 04-04-2012 at 04:42 PM.

4. Dislikes blueangel06661 disliked this post
    The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Quote Originally Posted by RoXX0rz View Post
    Although this thread wasn't by me, I find it kind of unfair that a thread would get deleted for basically, or as much as you saying... "I don't agree with this being posted, so I'll delete because there's a section in the rules that says I can delete anything I feel I don't agree with." If that's the way you moderate a forum, then fair enough. Doesn't say much about moderation. Could you at least provide a reason why you find this unsuitable to be posted or discussed?

In my opinion, if OP wasn't trying to promote this kind of thing, and was genuinely making a point of trying to make the issue more aware, I can't see why it would be a problem. Obviously I'm not a moderator so that's why I'm asking you to please explain why you find it unsuitable.

What if it was posted in the forum for more mature topics, such as serious talk?
    So you agree with a thread that links to directions on how to make a bomb???

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Junior Member RoXX0rz has a brilliant future RoXX0rz has a brilliant future RoXX0rz has a brilliant future RoXX0rz has a brilliant future RoXX0rz has a brilliant future RoXX0rz has a brilliant future RoXX0rz has a brilliant future RoXX0rz has a brilliant future RoXX0rz has a brilliant future RoXX0rz has a brilliant future RoXX0rz has a brilliant future RoXX0rz's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Nope. I didn't view the link, nor did I see the thread. I'm just judging by what OP is saying that they tried to make a topic about awareness of something, but it was found unacceptable. The unacceptable part has yet to be really explained. I'm simply asking, what was unacceptable about it. Was it the link itself? Or the whole topic? I'm just curious as to why the topic would get deleted, was it the -actual- link or the topic of debating Islamic extremism.

If the link contained stuff like that, then sure I wouldn't agree with it being posted. But surely just talking about the subject, in a manner that is acceptable in a serious talk forum for mature subjects should be allowed, right?

I'm sure moderators can provide a reason other than simply saying or implying, they will delete stuff they don't like. At least that's the way most forums are managed.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Alright, this was the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by The thread in question
    [censored] is an Islamic extremist website, and for all the attention you'd think that a site like that would draw from the US, simply for EXISTING, you'd think they wouldn't want to do anything more to attract US forces attention to them. Yet look at what they posted on this page of their site [censored]

Go down that page and you will find this link
    [censored]

Unrar it and you will find it is a whole instruction manual on how to make explosives!
    Emphasis mine. Still confused as to why it was deleted?

I didn't justify why it was deleted because the OP knows full well why it was deleted. He is the sockpuppet of a known, and banned troll.
    Last edited by Eris; 04-04-2012 at 05:21 PM.

8. Likes RoXX0rz liked this post
    Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

We have terrorists on AF?

This site never ceases to amaze me.
    :lmao

And LOL, Coppa...this kid is younger than 13 years old and talking about bombs?
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 04-04-2012 at 05:21 PM.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ah I see, my bad then. I didn't realize that.

I see why you deleted it now. OP made it sound like he had created a serious thread that got deleted, obviously he didn't create anything more than a post to apparently promote illegal activities. o_o;

Apologies.
    Last edited by RoXX0rz; 04-04-2012 at 05:26 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

No prob Rox.

Quote Originally Posted by KAITOU怪盗 View Post
    We have terrorists on AF?

This site never ceases to amaze me.
    :lmao

And LOL, Coppa...this kid is younger than 13 years old and talking about bombs?
    No idea where the links actually led. Don't think anyone actually clicked them. They looked shifty as hell.

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    No prob Rox.

No idea where the links actually led. Don't think anyone actually clicked them. They looked shifty as hell.
    I'm sure @Ranshiin did... or someone.. Not to mention I don't really think extremist islamist are our enemy like the OP of this thread just stated... I really don't think it's really anyones business...

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Bamboo Cup
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2023 07:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Here, before I close this, I just want to point out that we cannot write rules that cover every possible created post or thread, so a rule that allows us to delete any thread or post based on our own judgments is needed. The mods know well what is allowed and what is not and they won't delete a thread or post that is legit. Of course providing a reason is welcome, but due to the nature of deleted threads not always possible. Due to this and if you really have no clue why your post or thread was deleted, PMing the mod of the forum for clarification is the recommended course of action.

On another note, we are not required to provide a reason why a post or thread was deleted to anyone except the maker of said post or thread.

Closed Thread

Thread Information