AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The unexplained mysteries of our world

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Default Re: The unexplained mysteries of our world

I thought the pyramids were already explained?? They were built by pharaohs as tombs/and or resurrection devices by the power of the Egyptians or "slaves". The bigger the better they said. So yeah not much a mystery given by mother nature there since they are pretty well searched, studied, and explained by now and I'm not quite sure how science can tell something totally different since it is a fact that they were manmade and were used to bury pharaohs etc.

Now what I'm curious about too is Atlantis, my goodness I wish I could join the search team for it. Though no matter how much you search you'll probably never piece together the entire thing. It's just so mysterious, like how advanced was this civilization? If they were so advanced why could they not have prevented this catastrophic even that few to none survived to live to tell of their kind?
    Last edited by blueangel06661; 04-03-2012 at 09:18 AM.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

2. Likes SuXrys, Explorer Oak liked this post
    Senior Member Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts Shuriken Systems PS3 Batmobile 1989
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2014 11:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Explorer Oak

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    I thought the pyramids were already explained?? They were built by pharaohs as tombs/and or resurrection devices by the power of the Egyptians or "slaves". The bigger the better they said. So yeah not much a mystery given by mother nature there since they are pretty well searched, studied, and explained by now and I'm not quite sure how science can tell something totally different since it is a fact that they were manmade and were used to bury pharaohs etc.

Now what I'm curious about too is Atlantis, my goodness I wish I could join the search team for it. Though no matter how much you search you'll probably never piece together the entire thing. It's just so mysterious, like how advanced was this civilization? If they were so advanced why could they not have prevented this catastrophic even that few to none survived to live to tell of their kind?
    Realgarding atlantis, have you seen the pictures on google earth? Some people belive that atlantis was found of the coast of africa. From satelite view you can see marks in the ocean of the coast of africa, i cant post links but do check for yourself. Or maybe it was just the outcome of some weird plate tectonics.. :S

♡ Your Royal Sprinkles ♡ Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Kawaiislice Cake
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2012 09:54 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It's not really a mystery of the world, but rather, a mystery of the universe that I am interested in. I know there are other galaxies out there with different organisms and ways of life. I wish I knew what they were like and I always wonder if they wonder about us too, but we will probably never know...

5. Likes Explorer Oak liked this post
    Senior Member LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Gurren Drill Bioshock Eve 2 Nachos
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-04-2012 03:28 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Cupcake View Post
    It's not really a mystery of the world, but rather, a mystery of the universe that I am interested in. I know there are other galaxies out there with different organisms and ways of life. I wish I knew what they were like and I always wonder if they wonder about us too, but we will probably never know...

you know? thats quite presumptuous of you. There is a possibility of life out there. But you cannot know such a thing; where is your evidence?

7. Likes Explorer Oak liked this post
    Devourer of Realms Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts Present The one Ring Bobba Fett
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2014 04:31 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Mclovin

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    I think the real mystery of the pyramids is how they managed to build them. The size and weight of the stones would prove to be a challenge even to today's engineering , and the precision of how they placed those stones is simply marvelous , even with today's standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Cupcake View Post
    Yeah , i agree. In all the infinity of the universe there has to be at least one planet that combines all the requirements for life. To think that our planet in the midst of all the others is somehow special is a bit too anthropocentric...
    “The unreal is more powerful than the real, because nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it. because its only intangible ideas, concepts, beliefs, fantasies that last. stone crumbles. wood rots. people, well, they die. but things as fragile as a thought, a dream, a legend, they can go on and on.” - Chuck Palahniuk

New Blog!
    http://www.animeforum.com/blog.php?286738-Munchman
    A Completely Mediocre and Overdone Blog
    Now with 22% more entries!
    Make that 22.3735242%!

9. Likes Explorer Oak liked this post
    ♡ Your Royal Sprinkles ♡ Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LivioRazlo View Post
    you know? thats quite presumptuous of you. There is a possibility of life out there. But you cannot know such a thing; where is your evidence?
    It's a true fact that there are other galaxies out there. The milky way is not the only one, so no, it is not presumptuous of me. Out of the billions of other galaxies it would be improbable that none of them contain life when we live in one that does. I never said I knew for sure anyways. I was being philosophical.
    Last edited by Princess Cupcake; 04-03-2012 at 11:36 AM.

11. Likes Explorer Oak liked this post
    Senior Member Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Gabumon Cylon Centurion
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2017 08:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The language barrier between humans and other creatures, pretty sure there's an explanation, but I don't know it, so I'll keep daydreaming about it.

Language and human culture in general really are big mysteries to me.

13. Likes SuXrys, Explorer Oak liked this post
    Senior Member LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Sorry. It's just the word "know" suggests you had some grounded convictions. The word "think" has much more philosophical connotations.

Anyway, I think there is life out there aswell. Whether or not there is sentient life out there, I wouldn't want to guess at all. There are too many factors to take into consideration.

15. Likes Explorer Oak liked this post
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LivioRazlo View Post
    Sorry. It's just the word "know" suggests you had some grounded convictions. The word "think" has much more philosophical connotations.
    By saying "know" I was emphasizing that I firmly believed it to be so. Obviously, since no one can know for certain, which I even said that at the end of my post. I will be sure to choose my words more carefully next time to avoid any confusion.

17. Likes Explorer Oak liked this post
    Moderator Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Wine Kangaroo
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 04:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SuXrys View Post
    Arn't they already explained? O__o
    Oh are they? I thought ppl still said that aliens came and built them?

19. Likes Explorer Oak liked this post
    Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2014 06:26 AM
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jasanime View Post
    Oh are they? I thought ppl still said that aliens came and built them?
    Well, there are people for everything.

We don't know everything about Stonehenge yet, compared to the pyramids that we know so much more of - @blueangel06661 wrote some of it before (she got sooo many credit points from me only by that fact that she wrote "slaves" using "" ^.^ (since most weren't slaves, they where normal Egyptians)) - but what we can most certainly say about Stonehenge is that it wasn't built by aliens [and not the pyramids either for that matter]. For example Stonehenge isn't one "building" that was built at the same time. Stonehenge is more a collection of smaller constructions that where built at the same location - but over a looooooong period of time. Some structures added little now and then (with the long time period I talk over 1000 years). Just that fact that it took so long time supports, in my eyes, that it wasn't aliens. You could think that aliens would have built it a little faster then that. ;D

We don't know exactly yet why Stonehenge where built, but there are several theories about it at the moment. One leading theory is that it was some kind of temple for the sun god, and that the stones works as a calender/clock. That theory is supported by that scientists have found out that it actually does work as a somehow calendar - and that the greek Hekataios (some hundred years BCE) wrote about a place that could have been Stonehenge.

About the calender for example Hecateus wrote that the sun god would return every 19 year:

Leto (Apollo's mother) was born in Hyberborea (Britain). Therefore Apollo was honoured there above all the Gods and there are men who serve as priests of Apollo. There is also a precinct sacred to Apollo and suitably imposing and a notable temple decorated with many offerings and looking like a globe.....It is said the god returns to the island every 19 years, the period when the stones complete their cycle.
    and when the scientist have looked at Stonehenge they have found markings in the ground after wooden pillars and that Stonehedge probably was built to show the midsummer and midwinter sunrise solstice - by going along some of the major stones.

Picture I found

There are also markings after wooden pillars in the ground that are placed to show the most nothern position of the moon at different winter solstices. This position changes slowly over a cycle of almost 19 years. [calender + sun god + 19 years].

What I have tried to describe above, lol, is what I know the most leading theory this far. It's still a theory thought since we don't know for certain.

1. There are still many things to find and
    2. We weren't there, so all we can do is dig in the ground and guess.

Many of the stones comes from a place in Wales that have been knows, during 1000th of years, for having "magical and healing powers, and many of the people found in the old graves in the area are thought to have had "more then normal health issues" so that have made a new theory starting to grow: that Stonehenge also worked as somehow of a healing center. But that theory is today not as "solid" as the calender/temple one - since it's newer and doesn't have as much evidence yet to support it.

If you want to know more about the Pyramids or Stonehenge then you can just look them up online or so. Especially the pyramids have many documentaries about them that are interesting to watch.

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie
    Season five of Game of Thrones
    New episodes of Downton Abbey

21. Likes Aleyna, Explorer Oak, Jasanime liked this post
    Senior Member Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Flowers Fan2 R2 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2015 06:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I wonder how in the world they came up with the Golden Triangle and The Golden Spiral. That's a mystery to me.
    It's genius and mind blowing.

From SkullMuffins on deviantart

Instagram|Tumblr

23. Likes Explorer Oak liked this post
    Demon Slayer Yurika has a reputation beyond repute Yurika has a reputation beyond repute Yurika has a reputation beyond repute Yurika has a reputation beyond repute Yurika has a reputation beyond repute Yurika has a reputation beyond repute Yurika has a reputation beyond repute Yurika has a reputation beyond repute Yurika has a reputation beyond repute Yurika has a reputation beyond repute Yurika has a reputation beyond repute Yurika's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Katana Kunai Book
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-11-2020 07:57 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonMoon View Post
    Sounds interesting. Do you have the link?
    No, I lost it. Try the google.

25. Likes Explorer Oak liked this post
    Gil
    Stressed
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Aleyna View Post
    I wonder how in the world they came up with the Golden Triangle and The Golden Spiral. That's a mystery to me.
    It's genius and mind blowing.

The golden ratio is a natural outcome of the logarithmic value (e) It is intrinsic to all of nature and all of physics.

Here's what ties 4 important numbers together:

e^(i*pi) = 1

where i is the root of minus 1

27. Thanks Aleyna thanked for this post
    Likes Aleyna, Explorer Oak liked this post
    Senior Member bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2013 08:48 PM
    Threads

Well, something that interests me more then most things are black holes. I only know the theorized basics of them, like how they have massive densities which cause mass gravitational pulls and slow down surrounding time. Other mysteries about them aside, it's also theorized by some that they have another side to them. What I want to know is what kind of things are on the other side? Is it like a warp gate and spit you out several million light years away. Or is it like a time gate that sends you several years ahead or even back in time. It sucks that all I'll ever know about them, most likely at least, are simple theories that can't be proven. But then again I guess a lot of things are like that.

Oh, LivioRaslo, you said that "the only thing that ever stays at the same pace is the speed of light." So, say you have a zone where time moves slower then the surrounding area, would light reach a destination as if there was no zone of slower time? And because that sounds kinda confusing, I'ma try restating my question.

Light reaches destination A in 1 year.
    Light, from same source and same distance from destination A as above, passes through a zone of slower moving time, then reaches destination A.
    So, for the second example, would the light reach destination A in 1 year as well?

If so, that's really curious. So light is not affected by time? ...(thinks about it for a moment)... Or does it have more to do with gravity in that, if gravity is increased, then time moves slower (do I even have this principle right?), but when I think of light, I don't really think of it as something that is affect by gravity. And because slower time is actually an effect of gravity, it would make sense that light would not be affected. Am I way off, or at least in the ballpark?

Oh wow, I didn't mean for the post to get this long. I guess I should probably look this stuff up myself.
    Sig no longer in development...

29. Likes Explorer Oak liked this post
    Corrupted Data Inc. CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Cookie Ice Cream Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2014 09:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by bug
    Well, something that interests me more then most things are black holes. I only know the theorized basics of them, like how they have massive densities which cause mass gravitational pulls and slow down surrounding time. Other mysteries about them aside, it's also theorized by some that they have another side to them. What I want to know is what kind of things are on the other side? Is it like a warp gate and spit you out several million light years away. Or is it like a time gate that sends you several years ahead or even back in time. It sucks that all I'll ever know about them, most likely at least, are simple theories that can't be proven. But then again I guess a lot of things are like that.
    Now this is interesting. I've thought about that myself. I really want to know the other side of the black hole. Is it really a warp gate? Or is it just vacuum on the other side? Do things get destroyed in there? Or they got warped to other places? Is there a civilization on the other side of it? I guess it will remain a mystery until there's more advanced technology to go through one successfully and return back to earth in one piece to tell the whole story about the mystery of the black hole.

>>Enter My World<<

Thanks to Ms Lucy for this awesome, funny gif.

The person that you are now is not the person that I used to know. You're becoming a stranger that I've never met before. Not liking the change though.

31. Thanks Aleyna thanked for this post
    Likes Aleyna, Explorer Oak liked this post
    Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2014 06:26 AM
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Munchman View Post
    I think the real mystery of the pyramids is how they managed to build them. The size and weight of the stones would prove to be a challenge even to today's engineering , and the precision of how they placed those stones is simply marvelous , even with today's .
    That isn't so much of a mystery today either. But I can't explain more of how they did it right now (since I write this on my phone and just that is hard enough since it wants to autocorrect EVERY word to swedish...), but just Google it if you want to know more. But I'll give you a hint: sand. ^__^

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie
    Season five of Game of Thrones
    New episodes of Downton Abbey

33. Likes Explorer Oak liked this post
    Gil
    Stressed
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by bug View Post

Oh, LivioRaslo, you said that "the only thing that ever stays at the same pace is the speed of light." So, say you have a zone where time moves slower then the surrounding area, would light reach a destination as if there was no zone of slower time? And because that sounds kinda confusing, I'ma try restating my question.

Light reaches destination A in 1 year.
    Light, from same source and same distance from destination A as above, passes through a zone of slower moving time, then reaches destination A.
    So, for the second example, would the light reach destination A in 1 year as well?

If so, that's really curious. So light is not affected by time? ...(thinks about it for a moment)... Or does it have more to do with gravity in that, if gravity is increased, then time moves slower (do I even have this principle right?), but when I think of light, I don't really think of it as something that is affect by gravity. And because slower time is actually an effect of gravity, it would make sense that light would not be affected. Am I way off, or at least in the ballpark?

Oh wow, I didn't mean for the post to get this long. I guess I should probably look this stuff up myself.
    Time is effected by light. Time will actually slow down to make it so that light is travelling at the same speed, no matter where you are viewing the light from, or what speed you are going at when viewing it. So, in your question with destination A, the idea of light being effected by a "zone" of slower time is kinda obsolete. Because in actual fact the only reason that this zone would have slower time is to make it so that the speed of light stays the same. So yes, it would take one year as well.

I don't know the effect of gravity on space time as much- that's part of general relativity and we don't really go into detail about that much in university. I will say this though- light can still be effected by gravity; you know when we get an eclipse, where the moon blocks out the sun, you can still see a halo of light right? That's because of the effect of gravity bending the rays of light around the moon!

So if you think about this, that light has to travel further than light normally would take to get to that point right? If speed of light is constant, and you've increased the path length to that point, it should take longer to reach there right? But TIME it itself will actually slow down to make it so that it takes the same amount of time to get there. - Your mind: blown.

35. Likes Explorer Oak liked this post
    Senior Member Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts Shuriken Systems PS3 Batmobile 1989
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2014 11:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Explorer Oak

Might as well just change the title to 'The unexplained mysteries of our universe' Haha! X)

37. Likes CrimsonMoon liked this post
    Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Well, I do often ponder the mysteries behind different languages, Stonehenge, Black Holes, the link between our conscience self and our sub-conscience. Ahh...what a wonderful way to exercise the mind.

However, on the weekends, I usually ponder over the mystery of why Walmart has 25 checkout lanes, but only ever opens 6 of them (15 at the most). Or why a price increase counts as a rollback.

Confused wolf is confused....
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

39. Likes TheAsterisk!, Explorer Oak liked this post
    Demon Slayer Yurika has a reputation beyond repute Yurika has a reputation beyond repute Yurika has a reputation beyond repute Yurika has a reputation beyond repute Yurika has a reputation beyond repute Yurika has a reputation beyond repute Yurika has a reputation beyond repute Yurika has a reputation beyond repute Yurika has a reputation beyond repute Yurika has a reputation beyond repute Yurika has a reputation beyond repute Yurika's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Katana Kunai Book
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-11-2020 07:57 PM
    Threads

Is there life elsewhere in the universe?

41. Likes Explorer Oak liked this post
    Don Asterisco TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Daring
    Gifts Globe Belle Floppy
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2019 06:04 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Parugin

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer Oak View Post
    ...even jolly 'ol big foot...
    Who says they're jolly? Apes are often pretty foul-tempered, actually, but some take a bit longer to get really ticked off. Gorillas tend to make funny faces, shake some bushes, beat their chests and bluff charge before they even think of smacking some annoying human around, and are- for instance- absolute cupcakes compared to a group of upset chimps, who could just as easily decide to kill another ape that bothers them or looks at them funny for too long- humans included.

By the way, great video of a gibbon tormenting two tigers until they leave his territory:

I've got to admit, I'm cautiously sympathetic to the idea of something like bigfoot- provided we're talking animals here, and not dealing with the crowd that thinks they're ghosts, aliens, etc. Most of what gets publicized is probably crap, some of it demonstrably crap, but there's just enough to it that I wonder.

If you look at what evidence there is- primarily anecdotal and track-based- most of it ends up being indeterminate, some ends up as obvious misidentification, and some more as (usually pretty poor) hoaxing. There is a tiny bit more, though, that really gets interesting once you sift through the nonsense. Not enough to prove much of anything, to be sure, but enough to merit a closer look and perhaps even attempts to gather more meaningful evidence.

And, inevitably, as soon as I or anyone else says something like that, some dolt living in a trailer comes shambling along in his underwear and claims to have had tea with Sassy twice weekly for twelve years, or a really awful show gets aired- complete with Blair Witch-like camera work and lots of shouting and interpersonal drama in lieu of anything substantive, and it ruins any chance whatsoever of reasoned discussion or work by anyone.

At the very least, though, it's ahead of most other supposed or mythical animals, just because in anecdotal descriptions of its behavior it usually acts like you would generally expect any large animal or even an ape to act, with regards to its terrain, other animals, travel, cover, etc. Most other mythical animals, in contrast, act more like monsters from a cheap 1970's horror film, and maraud after individuals for no apparent reason or reward.

Perhaps more amusing, regardless of veracity, are the stories of rock apes in Vietnam. US soldiers mentioned them now and again as bothersome little apes that would chuck sticks and rocks at units on patrol, generally scare everyone half to death, make 'em all worry they were being pelted with grenades or something, and just pester them relentlessly until they left the area. Apparently most of them thought it unremarkable, given all the other unfamiliar things they saw each day, so didn't bother much with examining any of the animals more closely.

Closed Thread

Thread Information