Hi all
just a few quick questions about japanese (mainly computer based).
1> When typing in japanese on a computer, do you not need to add spaces using space bar? (im aware you dont generally add spaces but using spacebar via habbit it always changes my wrods from hiragana to kanji), so can i write what i want to (just say something like 'hello there im blah blah' without spaces?
2- how do i get to type in my browser using kana (only)? i had a endless battle with word this morning getting it to let me use japanese, i changed the IME settings to japanese and keyboard inputs to hiragana but it would work (it shows the icons in the task tray but no luck), i was able to get it to work by changing word default language to japanese (which is changed back but i went into its options which seems to have done the trick, only problem i have is in question 1 with the kanji, but how do i use japanese input outside word? i am starting to converse more on study forums and its inconvenient to write something into word then copy it into my browser.
3- this is more a note, but is it possible to keep input to kana only? i know hiragana and studying katakana so there what i want to use, kanji isnt all to usefull unless i want to say dog or cat lol (i havent started kanji yet)

on the side i do have japanese language packs installed.
Ive also set it up so supposedly it will enable japanese input when i hit Alt+Shift (switches between english and japanese inputs).
and Heres my IME settings, i switched between Romaji and Kana input but no differance. (click image to view...)

Click image for larger version

Name:	jap.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	59798

I mainly need it working in my firefox browser, i know theres addon's as such to help but id rather use a proper input method to help me study.
Thanks for any help