AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Sex offender advocacy organization tries to cover-up its connections to NAMBLA

Junior Member OperationAvalanche is on a distinguished road OperationAvalanche's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2012 02:15 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Sex offender advocacy organization tries to cover-up its connections to NAMBLA

Recently it was uncovered that an organization advocating for the abolition of sex offender laws, known as ReformSexOffenderLaws.Org was being operated by the same man that had founded NAMBLA: Tom Reeves. Realizing how damaging this information was to the future of the ReformSexOffenderLaws.Org campaign, they sent us the attached PDF document which attempts to use legals threats to bully us into silence. Please pass this information onto others!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RSOL_c-and-d_for_EU_final.pdf‎  

Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2016 04:10 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Sex offender advocacy organization tries to cover-up its connections to NAMBLA

I'm trying to muster the will to care about a joke of an organization.

Give it a second

Oh, wait, I think it's here.

Nope, just gas.

3. Likes .Miki~, Eris liked this post
    Senior Member marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Witch Hat Gir Aries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2012 08:45 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Sex offender advocacy organization tries to cover-up its connections to NAMBLA

First off, I'm not sure whether to take this serious or not, considering the PDF copy of the letter kept wanting to open some rambling web address.

If this is for real, then limited use of their work may fall under the U.S. Fair Use clause. Particularly:
    ...the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
    I am by no means a Copyright Attorney or an expert in such matters, but as long as you stay away from defamatory and libelous remarks and keep from posting their website in all of it's entirety, they shouldn't have enough clout to get you for much, if anything.
    My Bubblegum Crisis fan-site --> The Bubblegum Crisis Sanctum (a work in progress)

and my humble blog --> The Writing Desk

--> My AF album

Pet Shop Story and Dragon Story ids: webowers, wbowers

Junior Member OperationAvalanche is on a distinguished road OperationAvalanche's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2012 02:15 AM
    Threads

If this is for real, then limited use of their work may fall under the U.S. Fair Use clause. Particularly:
    I tend to agree, in fact I'm fairly confidently that legally they don't have a leg to stand on. It still doesn't negate the fact that they're attempting to bully us in keeping their dirty secret quiet.

The ReformSexOffenderLaws.Org campaign is Reeves' more moderate attempt at achieving what NAMBLA failed to do. They recruited the women and family members of sex offenders to push their unpopular agenda.

Closed Thread

Thread Information