AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: AkanoYoru's Artness

Mad Genius AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Rageface Headphones Pocket Watch
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-22-2022 08:50 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DementedStereo Steam ID: Aakanoyoru

Default Re: AkanoYoru's Artness

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob's Ladder View Post
    It's a job that pays money...did warehouse work when I was in Highschool/college. Hard as hell packing pallets, and loading trailers with produce, machine parts, and basically everything else for 14 hours a day.

And I loved Madox 01...I still liked the scene where the main character tried eating ramen and shrimp while stuck in the armor.
    Money is good

I also love the Armor in Madox 01. I actually have some plans to build a similar (functional) suit, however I would be cheating with the mechanics.

Update:
    Tried drawing in a bit of a different style (more realistic I think). I also broke out my markers and derped it up XD

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image (6) - Copy.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	225.0 KB
ID:	65254

Herpaderp
    Last edited by AkanoYoru; 07-20-2012 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Content Update

Mad Genius AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

After studying a few of Tony Taka's pictures (my favorite ecchi artist, apparently 4chan's favorite too) I have made thus. There's a few things I'd like to fix, but you know how permanent ink is - no pun intended

Name:	Image (7-5).jpg
Views:	32
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	65436

Studying = ranting, banging head against table, loosing control of extremities, throwing paper and pencils, and listening to Ironmaiden.

I'm currently experimenting with digital coloring using paint tool sai.

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Well, my parents expect me to play the part of the stupid child. This I dislike, however the alternative is going crazy. There would be a lot of yelling and screaming and I don't want that. It was bad enough I had chest pains a few months ago during the school semester to the point where I could barely get up in the morning. I don't need that again, so I'm just going to read my lines for the next 28 days until I leave for college... sigh.

Despite these personal issues, I have some new art:

Name:	Image (8).jpg
Views:	34
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	65606Click image for larger version

Name:	Image (9).jpg
Views:	27
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	65608Click image for larger version

Name:	Image (10).jpg
Size:	568.0 KB
ID:	65607
    Since my character study of Tony Taka's work, I think my faces have been starting to look better - at least the one's I finish anyway:3

4. Likes Jacob's Ladder liked this post
    Senior Member Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Goomba Paint Palette Kawaii Sundae
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2015 05:42 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SolidArmor1

Nice improvement!! The smaller eye set really works for your character design. I like it a lot. It's refreshing seeing you use different design techniques with your art. And you gotta love those form fitting flight suites for the ladies! XD

Keep up the great work, and what is going on with your family?? Seriously...you need to get out.

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Nice improvement!! The smaller eye set really works for your character design. I like it a lot. It's refreshing seeing you use different design techniques with your art. And you gotta love those form fitting flight suites for the ladies! XD

Keep up the great work, and what is going on with your family?? Seriously...you need to get out.
    Spandex is godly in anime, its everywhere O.o
    The only way to describe my family is that they are childish. They whine about every little aspect of their lives to each other, and have their moments of racism and being hypocritically prudish, with my mother being childishly critical of me (facial blemishes, shirts, etc), and both my parents being very condescending. E.G. I mentioned that I would like to try to study abroad in college, and they tell me what I already know and jest (however this is also present in my brothers). Not to mention in their speech pattern there is the stressing of syllables as that of a child.
    Regrettably I have about 27 more days until I leave for college (August 26th, YES!) but then my parents want to meet me in the city my college resides in every week. Last year I webcammed with them every week (and kept in touch via text message on an almost daily basis).
    I don't want to have a "heart to heart" chat because the last time I really said what was on my mind my mother thought I was crazy, a feeling which still haunts me to this day.
    On the plus side I have a cat (who I raised since he was about 2 weeks old or so the summer before I started high school) who's antics and presence helps me - mainly by rubbing his soft, furry belly.

Well, enough about that. I have a mech concept below. Proportions aren't exactly to my liking, but I can work on that.

Name:	Image (11).jpg
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	65616

7. Likes Jacob's Ladder liked this post
    Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Well, my old friend "chest pain" and a new friend "random stabbing sensation in my head" have popped up, making my life a little more interesting and once again testing my stress coping techniques.

But you didn't come to this thread to hear me whine (that's what blogs are for!), so here's a render I whipped up. I adjusted the color balance for the face texture so it almost perfectly matches Winter's (the character) body color.

Name:	wntr.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	285.1 KB
ID:	65794

Environment is a little dark, but it is pretty good for being whipped up in a few minutes :3

I stopped drawing during my breaks at my summer job, as F Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise drew me in (no pun intended). I love older books. There is a more sophisticated tone (even when Fitzgerald went on a little tangent that I laughed aloud at) that modern authors lack, mainly because the modern education system doesn't teach students to be articulate. Why should we when we can speak lol over the internet? I wonder how many kids even learn cursive any more...

Oops, I ranted all over the place XD

9. Likes Jacob's Ladder liked this post
    Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by arleneangle View Post
    Wow,It is so exciting.
    What is? My ranting or my art?

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Did some drawing. As you can see the young lady isn't too happy about the proximity of the demon horse

Name:	School Girl_lores.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	169.2 KB
ID:	66008 Click image for larger version

Name:	Demon Horse_lores.jpg
Size:	166.1 KB
ID:	66007

Aaaaand... sexy beach render time:

Name:	beach.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	432.8 KB
ID:	66009

Also I'm considering getting a touchscreen monitor so it feels more natural when I draw using my computer... here's hoping

12. Thanks Jacob's Ladder thanked for this post
    Likes Jacob's Ladder liked this post
    Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

TRIPLE POST! Got my Super Aestevalis model kit in the mail today, so I thought I'd have some fun with it:

Name:  cover foto.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  75.7 KB

We went around town, and I had it destroy some stuff. Oh how surprised everyone was

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

After a wonderful little trip to the emergency room a few days ago (the expense of which my parents put on my shoulders, even though it was their idea) with more concern coming from the people at work than my parents - I'm back to drawing. With my last day of work completed, I still have a little less than a week until I go to college, where I will have plenty of motivation to draw. Here is a drawing to tide this thread over until then.

Name:	vending_machine.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	66641

My touchscreen monitor is slowly making it's way across the country... I am impatient for it to arrive.

15. Likes Jacob's Ladder liked this post
    Senior Member Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

The rendering are beyond words! If my tablet had the power, would love to attempt that with my characters. The sketchings are really getting better too, but that much is awesome!!

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

The rendering are beyond words! If my tablet had the power, would love to attempt that with my characters. The sketchings are really getting better too, but that much is awesome!!
    Well, I did so much rendering last fall that I screwed up the drivers for the cooling fan on my motherboard (16 minutes at 100% processor usage tends to do that), however I recently hotwired a new fan to run off a USB port (with a wire coming out from underneath my laptop's keybaord), and now instead of going up to 102C, it stays at a nice 44C at most. DAZ studio (the program I use to render) is a wonderful program, yet I cannot bring myself to upgrade from version 3 to version 4 due to my familiarity with the old program. The only problem I have with DAZ studio 3 is that it goes ballistic when I try to use my tablet with it and it uses a software renderer instead of a hardware renderer.

I should be getting my touchscreen monitor sometime today, so I hope I'll be doing more digital drawing (Paint Tool Sai here I come!). The only problem is that I don't have enough USB plugs.

Oh yeah, new digital piece. Took several hours at my Digipro tablet to do this.

Name:	winter halftones.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	479.4 KB
ID:	66787

With the anticipated arrival of my touchscreen, this means I can finally get the ball back rolling on my webcomic! YES!!!

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I don't have anything to show for my touchscreen monitor as of yet (still fiddling around with it). In the meantime I've been having a good time so far at college (apparently having a record player & matching speakers turn heads), making the memories of my infernal summer as that of recalling a movie I watched years ago.
    With my improving mood, I did a few drawings. For some reason I'm actually somewhat satisfied with them. Both are for my webcomic.

The four main characters. Left to right they are: Winter, Lily, Jim and Bob (who dresses in a similar style to myself when its summertime).

Name:	Image (5).jpg
Views:	29
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	67108

A scene between Winter and Lily, where Winter points out Lily's dyed hair.

Name:	Image (6).jpg
Views:	28
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	67109

When they're digitally inked I'll fix all the derps (hopefully).

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Drew some mechs. Huzzah!

Name:	Image (8).jpg
Views:	26
Size:	564.3 KB
ID:	67397
    Winter's mech Cockpit Closed

Name:	Image (2).jpg
Views:	29
Size:	533.8 KB
ID:	67398
    Cockpit Open

Name:	Image (7).jpg
Views:	26
Size:	561.3 KB
ID:	67399
    Bob's Mech Cockpit Closed

Gil
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Not bad! I really like the mechs...especially Winter's. They have BubbleGum Crisis look to them. The only thing I can nitpick about would be blocky look, it makes them seem slow and cumbersome. Not I know much about mech design.

You can take a look at one of my designs on the last page of my thread. Would like your input.

And your comic pages are interesting, love the girls...they look more natural in their posturing than the guys. Plus, I at least would add some shading to the hair if it's supposed to be purple. Also the anatomy on the guys arms look a little off...nothing bad at that can't be fixed.

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Not bad! I really like the mechs...especially Winter's. They have BubbleGum Crisis look to them. The only thing I can nitpick about would be blocky look, it makes them seem slow and cumbersome. Not I know much about mech design.

You can take a look at one of my designs on the last page of my thread. Would like your input.

And your comic pages are interesting, love the girls...they look more natural in their posturing than the guys. Plus, I at least would add some shading to the hair if it's supposed to be purple. Also the anatomy on the guys arms look a little off...nothing bad at that can't be fixed.
    Yeah, I was looking at my motoslave actionfigure when drawing Winter's mech. Added a few things to make it look original (after all, Winter is actually an anime fan). The mechs are prototypes, so they aren't exactly perfect as they are (Winter's is powered by electricity and motors, while Bob's is powered by organically grafted muscles).

With the digital inking I've done so far the anatomy has improved, however the awkwardness of their poses emphasizes that they are indeed awkward people. Bob is a slightly depressed introvert while Jim is an excitable Zaphod Beeblebrox-like character. Winter is an ice queen (TV tropes reference) with a warm core, and has quite a few issues. Lily is sorta like a female version of Jim.

I just finished Star Driver last night, and can't believe how much stuff they ripped off from RahXephon... I should cut back on the anime

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Aha! Double post with a two week interval! This thread is on fire!
    Got bored today, drew something. I should scan more of my stuff...

Name:	Mechgirlysmall.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	67983

Ah, just finished scaling my Gurren Lagann 3d model to exacly my size for anime boston this year. WOO!

Name:	gurrent.jpg
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	67984

*edit* I have finished modeling this sexy beast.

Name:	gurren laganness.png
Views:	16
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	68073

Now all I have to do is stitch all of the vertices together- when I converted it to .obj format, all of the faces became disconnected, making it not very friendly to pepakura.
    Last edited by AkanoYoru; 09-12-2012 at 04:19 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I really like the mecha-girl. Cute, and her pose is nice. Like how she has actual volume to her body. *2 thumbs up*

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Curses, Winter was bitten by a "Moe" bug. I don't think she'll recover from it.

Name:	Winter_Moe.jpg
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	68274

Who is that handsome fellow on her shirt I wonder... /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

So... it was raining after supper, so I pulled out my paints and painted for the first time in 8 (feels more like 3) years. I wish I could have made the tones work better (and put more detail in the rocks' reflection).

Name:	IMG_0327_small.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	212.7 KB
ID:	68472

1 canvas filled, 4 more to go

Edit: Thought I'd share the first page of my webcomic/graphic novel I'm working on. Page 2 is currently in the works. Enjoy

Name:	page1.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	590.9 KB
ID:	68561
    Last edited by AkanoYoru; 09-23-2012 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Content Addtion

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

A drawing and the second page for my webcomic sum graphic novel.

Name:	Image (11).jpg
Size:	779.5 KB
ID:	69410Click image for larger version

Name:	Image (10).jpg
Views:	14
Size:	672.8 KB
ID:	69411

I picked up a Chris Hart's Book Figure It Out! The Beginners Guide to Drawing People a few days ago (after these drawings were done, and I think it's helping out quite a bit, despite the fact that I don't particularly like how his work looks disjointed at times.

Name:	Image (12).jpg
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	69414 Click image for larger version

Name:	Image (14).jpg
Views:	12
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	69412 Click image for larger version

Name:	Image (13).jpg
Views:	20
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	69413

OMG, drawings not in the stereotypical Japanese style! On noes!!
    BTW, these are the first few times that I've fit an entire person on a 8 1/2" x 11" piece of paper and they look like they are drawn somewhat decently.

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Spent the day coding for my webcomic sum graphic novel's website. Here's a screenie:

Name:	554225_503603776326045_1405031186_n.jpg
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	70180
    I'm gonna make some of the little hexagons (which float around semi-randomly) have pictures of characters or scenes on them.

Here's said character portraits thus far:

Name:	charz.jpg
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	70181

Senior Member Tsumiru has a reputation beyond repute Tsumiru has a reputation beyond repute Tsumiru has a reputation beyond repute Tsumiru has a reputation beyond repute Tsumiru has a reputation beyond repute Tsumiru has a reputation beyond repute Tsumiru has a reputation beyond repute Tsumiru has a reputation beyond repute Tsumiru has a reputation beyond repute Tsumiru has a reputation beyond repute Tsumiru has a reputation beyond repute Tsumiru's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Cookie
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2013 07:27 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Wow you showed awesome progress! Congrats!

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Tsumiru View Post
    Wow you showed awesome progress! Congrats!
    Oddly enough, I am also satisfied with my progress. As an idicator, during my last art class the model complimented my charcoal drawing (which was probably the most realistic in the entire class, even though I wasn't having a particularly good day empathically)... I'll need to get a scan of it or something and post it... if people don't mind seeing a bit of a bottom.

I discovered my characters' faces turn out better when I start out with ovals rather than circles... and references help oodles.
    Last edited by AkanoYoru; 10-22-2012 at 10:37 AM.

Senior Member Tsumiru has a reputation beyond repute Tsumiru has a reputation beyond repute Tsumiru has a reputation beyond repute Tsumiru has a reputation beyond repute Tsumiru has a reputation beyond repute Tsumiru has a reputation beyond repute Tsumiru has a reputation beyond repute Tsumiru has a reputation beyond repute Tsumiru has a reputation beyond repute Tsumiru has a reputation beyond repute Tsumiru has a reputation beyond repute Tsumiru's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Cookie
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2013 07:27 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by AkanoYoru View Post
    Oddly enough, I am also satisfied with my progress. As an idicator, during my last art class the model complimented my charcoal drawing (which was probably the most realistic in the entire class, even though I wasn't having a particularly good day empathically)... I'll need to get a scan of it or something and post it... if people don't mind seeing a bit of a bottom.

I discovered my characters' faces turn out better when I start out with ovals rather than circles... and references help oodles.
    Yes indeed, the faces are definetly better! If you don't mind me asking, fr how long have you been drawing manga\anime?[COLOR="Silver"]

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information