AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Looking for a new series to read....

Junior Member Shadowhearts has a reputation beyond repute Shadowhearts has a reputation beyond repute Shadowhearts has a reputation beyond repute Shadowhearts has a reputation beyond repute Shadowhearts has a reputation beyond repute Shadowhearts has a reputation beyond repute Shadowhearts has a reputation beyond repute Shadowhearts has a reputation beyond repute Shadowhearts has a reputation beyond repute Shadowhearts has a reputation beyond repute Shadowhearts has a reputation beyond repute Shadowhearts's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Bomb
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-29-2012 08:09 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Looking for a new series to read....

I'm looking for a new book series to read but to give you some understanding of what i'm looking for I really go for the whole fantasy style. I LOVED "The Name Of The Wind" and "The Wise Man's Fear" (If you haven't read those two I HIGHLY suggest them) I've always loved anything with swords,magic,fighting..etc I was just wondering if anyone could suggest maybe a series that they think is GOOD and fits in that category. I will say that my taste might not be the same as yours so whatever you might find amazing I might find uninteresting but still I am willing to try anything right now because I really want something new to read I just haven't been able to find anything decent on my own >__<

PS: Sorry I just noticed this probably wasn't posted in the right section it should have gone under "Literature" but this is a Miscellaneous section so it probably won't matter much. I also noticed this section gets the most views so I figured I would get more responses here as well sorry about that though ^^"
    Last edited by Shadowhearts; 03-18-2012 at 02:44 PM.

Senior Member Matt~ has a reputation beyond repute Matt~ has a reputation beyond repute Matt~ has a reputation beyond repute Matt~ has a reputation beyond repute Matt~ has a reputation beyond repute Matt~ has a reputation beyond repute Matt~ has a reputation beyond repute Matt~ has a reputation beyond repute Matt~ has a reputation beyond repute Matt~ has a reputation beyond repute Matt~ has a reputation beyond repute Matt~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Tortoise Santa Hat Rageface
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-27-2013 07:54 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Looking for a new series to read....

I've fallen in love with The Wardstone Chronicles it's quite epic if you ask me :P
    Set by Serated

Senior Member In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Ladybug Hare Ramen
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2012 02:29 PM
    Threads

Have you read The Chronicles of Amber by Roger Zelazny? I rather enjoyed this one. it was a couple of years since I read them though so I might overestimate them a bit. But as I remember I really liked them. It might not be exactly what your looking and might not seam that "fantasy" in the beginning but it'll grow into it.

I'd also recommend As angels die by Andreas Roman. It's a story about the beginning through the eyes of "satan". it's a really worth a shot and quite a fast read. I think it's one of the best books I've ever read. But again it might not be what you seek.

Edit: I might as well add the books I'm reading at the moment. The Path of the Eldar series by Gav Thorpe. Well it's only two books in it so far and a third on the way so it's not a heavy read but i would recommend them. If you like Warhammer 40k anyway. It gives you a good insight on how life on the eldar craftworlds is
    Last edited by In0kz; 03-18-2012 at 06:45 PM.

__________________________________________________ __________
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sig/avvy by
    Bankai Kurosaki

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi's Avatar
    Gil
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-11-2013 03:51 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It's been a while since I dabbled in fantasy, but here are a few, keeping in mind you said "a new book series".

The Farseer Trilogy by Robin Hobb (starting with Assassin's Apprentice), and the Riftwar Saga by Raymond E. Feist (starting with Magician: Apprentice) come most easily to mind.

George R. R. Martin's Song of Ice and Wire series (starting with Game of Thrones) is a rather obvious choice if you're looking for something that's more action heavy.

Personally, I also highly recommend the "Unbeliever" series by Stephen Donaldson (beginning with Lord Foul's Bane), although it's admittedly not for everyone. It's about an ostracized man suffering from leprosy in our modern world who is transported to a fantasy world, but who refuses to believe that the fantasy world is real, because he believes that it is all a hallucination brought on by the his denial of his condition (this leads him to do some terrible things in the "other" world).
    "If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron."

-Spider Robinson, God Is an Iron

Closed Thread

Thread Information