AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [TV Series] Death Note

Senior Member Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Pocky
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2013 06:15 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default [TV Series] Death Note

Death Note Review

Type: TV series - 37 episodes.

Genre: Thriller, mystery, drama.

Plot Synopsis:
    Light Yagami a young idealist discovers a Death Note. Death Notes can be used to kill people as long as you know their name. Light sets out to solve the worlds ills by killing off criminals but soon a master detective is on his tail. L searchs to find Light (mascarading as Kira) whilst Light searchs to find Ls real name. And so begins a battle of wits.

Video Review:
    +
    "> " /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Story: 8/10
    Smart and snazzy with a fast paced scintillating twisted plot.

Characters: 9/10
    One of the shows strongest areas predominantly because Kira and L play perfectly off each other. The rest of the cast is a mixed bag of performances. Some good, some not so much.

Art/animation: 8/10
    Sharp, spikey and never still. It makes even the dullest scene seem like a runaway rollercoaster.

Voice acting, music rating: 8/10
    A strong surging music selection combined with great voice acting.

Overall: 8.4/10
    Last edited by Rylingo; 03-04-2012 at 07:28 PM.

Junior Member luluxiu is on a distinguished road luluxiu's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-06-2012 01:56 AM
    Threads

Default Re: [TV Series] Death Note

I love Death Note, but only love the half part of it.
    When L killed by the Shinigami, I thought this anime has changed. It's difficult to find the original feeling. Even thogh N beat Yakami finally, I still think he is not clever as L.

High quality and Sexy Party Dress Heels shoes at CWMALLS.com

Senior Member Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2013 05:08 PM
    Threads

Yeah, honestly, Near only managed to figure Yagami out was bcuz Yagami got extremely careless and reckless. It was much less a battle of wits and more of just Light practically showboating to Near that he was Kira. And then Light is only bested bcuz his subordinate slipped up by visiting the bank.

4. Likes Thefringedninja liked this post
    Senior Member xMaTTx is a splendid one to behold xMaTTx is a splendid one to behold xMaTTx is a splendid one to behold xMaTTx is a splendid one to behold xMaTTx is a splendid one to behold xMaTTx is a splendid one to behold xMaTTx is a splendid one to behold xMaTTx is a splendid one to behold xMaTTx's Avatar
    Gil
    Where
    Gifts Eye
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-11-2012 08:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I really loved the show as a whole the ending in the tv series was much more gore and climactic then the ending in the manga, but damn it I'll never know what happen to Mesa Mesa (insert head explosion here)

Junior Member siple is on a distinguished road siple's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-13-2012 03:47 AM
    Threads

I think this is one of the best anime. But it was more fun before the death of L

Senior Member Steven21088 will become famous soon enough Steven21088 will become famous soon enough Steven21088's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Lighter
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2018 09:17 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Lenny21088

I really enjoyed this anime, originally before I had seen it I thought it wasn't going to be that great. I was totally wrong about it one of my favourites by far. L is awesome.

Back To Business ~> Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts One Piece Flag Soul Eater Shinigami-sama Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2012 02:33 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Death Note was definetely one of my fav animes:

Story: 10/10
    Original story with an intense, involving plot full of sudden twists and changes, 37 episodes that seem way over 100, great job.

Kira vs L was really an epic fight, I'd give it 10/10 if L hadn't died meanwhile, as neither N or Mello was a fair substitute to L, though I liked both.

Art/animation: 9/10
    Animate and anime which has no fighting scenes is hard but Death Note made it pretty good, there are a lot of intense emotions

Voice acting, music rating: 9/10
    Nothing to say about voices in the japanese version, Kira, L, N, Mello, Kira's father, Misa, Ryuku, Remus... great voices, perfectly adequate to the characters
    Opening 1 is really epic, also the other musics in the middle are very good, just didn't like opening 2.

Overall: 9.25/10
    I really really loved Death Note, at least one of my 3 favourite animes, I had only watched typical Shounen animes and so it was inovating for me, but the end was just too
    Till L's death certainily over 9.5, the story after L was not that good but was still very very good.
    However, the end was not satisfatory for me at all, definetely the worse part of it.

"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough."
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
    "Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    "I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge."

Member BlackLotus has much to be proud of BlackLotus has much to be proud of BlackLotus has much to be proud of BlackLotus has much to be proud of BlackLotus has much to be proud of BlackLotus has much to be proud of BlackLotus has much to be proud of BlackLotus has much to be proud of BlackLotus has much to be proud of BlackLotus has much to be proud of BlackLotus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2012 09:17 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I thought the entire show was fantastic. Especially the end. It showed that Light with all his genius got cocky and careless. It was a simple of case of him becoming drunk with power. When you think you can't be beat that's when you leave yourself open to fail. That is what happened to Mr. Yagami. Overall I will give the show a 9. There was action, great storytelling, and also good character development.

Back To Business ~> Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLotus View Post
    I thought the entire show was fantastic. Especially the end. It showed that Light with all his genius got cocky and careless. It was a simple of case of him becoming drunk with power. When you think you can't be beat that's when you leave yourself open to fail. That is what happened to Mr. Yagami. Overall I will give the show a 9. There was action, great storytelling, and also good character development.
    That's exactly what happened, however I didn't like much Death Note's end.

Just loved that sentence "When you think you can't be beat that's when you leave yourself open to fail", so true about Light!

11. Likes BlackLotus liked this post
    Junior Member Limbo is on a distinguished road Limbo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2012 05:47 PM
    Threads

I really liked this anime and cheered for Light until the end.

13. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Limbo View Post
    I really liked this anime and cheered for Light until the end.
    Kinda hard to admit but I did the exact same
    Indeed, I was expecting him

not to die but instead to succeed killing N and the others

Kind boy/Nanobyte's minion Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Uranus Henshin Pen Pen Coffee
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2022 11:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Mystelinth

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Luffy View Post
    Kinda hard to admit but I did the exact same
    Indeed, I was expecting him

not to die but instead to succeed killing N and the others

Really? I was kinda expecting to because he became a total weirdo at the end.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Forbuki View Post

Really? I was kinda expecting to because he became a total weirdo at the end.
    Yeah I did, though the "happy ending" would be that, so the fact that

Raito died in the end
    not that surprising, what was surprising for me was the circunstances in which that took place and which definetely was what I less liked on Death Note

Junior Member azu25 is on a distinguished road azu25's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-20-2012 07:22 AM
    Threads

I would have liked to have seen an ending where Light won, though i did still enjoy how it ended anyway.
    Would be great if they'd produce an alternate ending where Light actually did win, it would certainly please the other half of fans who wanted that to begin with.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by azu25 View Post
    I would have liked to have seen an ending where Light won, though i did still enjoy how it ended anyway.
    Would be great if they'd produce an alternate ending where Light actually did win, it would certainly please the other half of fans who wanted that to begin with.
    Yeah, definetely I would like to see that ending!
    Really not pleased with the real one, just felt a bit fake, though I completely loved Death Note

Senior Member darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Decepticons Leo AK47
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2014 04:00 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: darkwolf1911

its good if you are in to mystery and supernatral. it gets a 10 out of 10 in my book
    live life to the fullest because you are not guarantied a tomorrow

Junior Member SpikeSpiegel88 is on a distinguished road SpikeSpiegel88's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-22-2012 08:59 PM
    Threads

Great anime,one best series out there

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

How dumb do you have to be to get caught with a killer notebook?
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Member Zammy is infamous around these parts Zammy is infamous around these parts Zammy is infamous around these parts Zammy is infamous around these parts Zammy is infamous around these parts Zammy is infamous around these parts Zammy is infamous around these parts Zammy is infamous around these parts Zammy is infamous around these parts Zammy is infamous around these parts Zammy is infamous around these parts Zammy's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Geiger Counter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2012 06:36 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: F R 3 N C H Y x

Was going to say, I was more of a Light fan the whole way through...lol.

Member celiaorirene has much to be proud of celiaorirene has much to be proud of celiaorirene has much to be proud of celiaorirene has much to be proud of celiaorirene has much to be proud of celiaorirene has much to be proud of celiaorirene has much to be proud of celiaorirene has much to be proud of celiaorirene has much to be proud of celiaorirene's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2012 09:40 PM
    Threads

love this unique anime with a dark style!
    Top Cosplay Costume for you!

Senior Member iLXAke4#P#AW^cEtbz%tB6vV has a reputation beyond repute iLXAke4#P#AW^cEtbz%tB6vV has a reputation beyond repute iLXAke4#P#AW^cEtbz%tB6vV has a reputation beyond repute iLXAke4#P#AW^cEtbz%tB6vV has a reputation beyond repute iLXAke4#P#AW^cEtbz%tB6vV has a reputation beyond repute iLXAke4#P#AW^cEtbz%tB6vV has a reputation beyond repute iLXAke4#P#AW^cEtbz%tB6vV has a reputation beyond repute iLXAke4#P#AW^cEtbz%tB6vV has a reputation beyond repute iLXAke4#P#AW^cEtbz%tB6vV has a reputation beyond repute iLXAke4#P#AW^cEtbz%tB6vV has a reputation beyond repute iLXAke4#P#AW^cEtbz%tB6vV has a reputation beyond repute iLXAke4#P#AW^cEtbz%tB6vV's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2015 11:38 AM
    Threads

I loved this anime! A masterpiece! This is the review I'd give, even though i'm not the best at reviewing stuff:

Story: 10/10
    This had me hooked. A teenager determined to be "the god of the new world" is brilliant. Then there is a mysterious detective who decides to go against him. I'd say this is a perfect story.

Very good choice of characters. But I think characters like Matsuda don't fit in, because this anime isn't exactly the kind to have any comedy in it.

Art/animation: I honestly don't care how good or bad the animation is on most anime.

Voice acting/music: 10/10
    The music goes perfectly with each scene. And I don't remember any flaws in the voice acting.

*this review is for the dubbed version

Junior Member MrPink is on a distinguished road MrPink's Avatar
    Gil
    Depressed
    Gifts Shuriken
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2013 03:02 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: animesoldier11 PSN ID: PINKisJUSTaCOLOR

I loved this show and i would watch it religiously. I have watched the entire series at least 3 times through. I would give the show a 10 had it not been for the end. I did not really like it because of the way Light acted and how reckless he had become with everything. If only he had kept his cool and not trusted his work to another man he would have been fine. But overall even with the way things were i would give the show a solid easy 9/10. I loved the intro song selection. I say the first theme was way better than the second even though i love the second theme's song better.

All in all: Dang near perfect show. Couldn't ask for a much better show about who is smarter.

Senior Member zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-21-2014 06:24 AM
    Threads

Light and L both geniuses i love this anime! overall i would give it 9/10

Senior Member thelegend117 is on a distinguished road thelegend117's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 Controller 025 - Pikachu
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2015 01:38 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: heart stopper10

This one i enjoyed alot...a friend recommended it to me and I'm glad they did....i did enjoy the characters and the story...the original soundtrack went really good with this anime....wish it was a little longer than it was. I give it a 9/10

Junior Member flameye is on a distinguished road flameye's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-11-2014 03:15 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thelegend117 View Post
    This one i enjoyed alot...a friend recommended it to me and I'm glad they did....i did enjoy the characters and the story...the original soundtrack went really good with this anime....wish it was a little longer than it was. I give it a 9/10
    I have to agree with you, I wish it was longer as I loved character and story line

29. Thanks thelegend117 thanked for this post
    Likes thelegend117 liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information