AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gyzra's art

Senior Member Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-22-2013 02:37 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gyzra

Default Re: Gyzra's art

Quote Originally Posted by VegaTheGamer00 View Post
    Omg, your draw about Johnny Depp is like the real.. :
    can you teach me how to draw so detail?? :3
    Haha, I'm glad you like it. =] It's kinda hard to explain how to do it in writing, but I starting to create a YouTube channel so if you want to be shown how to do anything just send me a message on there:
    http://www.youtube.com/agamerdraws
    It's really basic at the moment, but with feedback I'll make it better. =]
    "The truth is far darker than you could ever imagine" -The Chronicles of Gyzra
    www.gyzra.com

Please give feedback on my artwork here so I can improve: http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...ighlight=gyzra
    Thank you. =]

2. Likes VegaTheGamer00 liked this post
    Junior Member VegaTheGamer00 is on a distinguished road VegaTheGamer00's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-28-2013 09:05 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Gyzra View Post
    Haha, I'm glad you like it. =] It's kinda hard to explain how to do it in writing, but I starting to create a YouTube channel so if you want to be shown how to do anything just send me a message on there:
    http://www.youtube.com/agamerdraws
    It's really basic at the moment, but with feedback I'll make it better. =]
    Yayayayaaaayyy!!!
    Thank you!!
    My friends are my power! And i'm theirs!

— Ventus

4. Likes Gyzra liked this post
    Senior Member Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Yaayyyy I finaly got some of my latest traditional artwork scanned. These are drawn using ProMarkers on A3 bristol board. =] I hope you like them.
    This is an original character. She's suposed to be the spirit of a bird of paradise, who comes back to her old Japanese garden to play at night.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	bird of paradise2.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	656.4 KB
ID:	77263
    This is Rikku from FFX-2 visiting Macalania Woods before it became cursed.

Name:	Rikku2.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	77264
    Last edited by Gyzra; 06-23-2013 at 09:56 AM.
    www.gyzra.com

Please give feedback on my artwork here so I can improve: http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...ighlight=gyzra
    Thank you. =]

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

You know, on those last 2 pieces, I am really digging the backgrounds more than the characters in them. They're so wild, and detailed. I think that the major flaw in those two is THAT you have the characters in there, and that they are animish in style and therefore not very detailed and that you have them on these really meticulous backgrounds that just dont seem to mix with them.

Have you given thought to doing just like a landscape thing? Or perhaps getting more into realism with your characters? I think those two would be the next logical step.

Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Hmm. I understand where you're coming from, particularly the Rikku piece, she doesn't quite fit, but I think it's partially my lack of emotion or interacting with the background. I can draw landscapes, and I can do realism, sometimes I even find it kind of easy (although I know I'm not perfect) but honestly I find it tedious and boring. I choose manga because I love it, I love everything about the different styles of Anime and manga, from the simple chibis to the semi realistic. I love playing with proportions using long legs and slender delicate hands. A lot of the time I'll look at a person and see them in a manga-ized form rather than naturally. And I love having large eyes, eyes are always my favourite things to draw. I try to match the art style where there's a detailed background and simple characters like old Warner Brothers, Disney and Studio Ghibli because I love the contrast. But I know I haven't quite got it right. The only time I like doing realistic is when I paint, maybe I'll put a couple of those up here for you. Oh god I just realised I wrote quite the paragraph haha sorry, It's just I have been at some art shows recently where people have much preferred that work, even saying that they think I'm developing a style, I guess I've gained a bit of confidence to stand up for it now XD Although I do completely agree that I still haven't got the mix quite right, I need to find a way of making the two art styles mesh.
    www.gyzra.com

Thank you. =]

Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Serated View Post
    You know, on those last 2 pieces, I am really digging the backgrounds more than the characters in them. They're so wild, and detailed. I think that the major flaw in those two is THAT you have the characters in there, and that they are animish in style and therefore not very detailed and that you have them on these really meticulous backgrounds that just dont seem to mix with them.

Have you given thought to doing just like a landscape thing? Or perhaps getting more into realism with your characters? I think those two would be the next logical step.
    I've been thinking a lot more on what you've said. It's really important to me to stick with manga, but I do agree that the backgrounds and characters need to gel a bit better. i've been doing some quick sketches of a possible semi-realistic anime style. Basically I just thought "what is it about manga that I like" and then made the rest semi-realistic. I'l upload my sketches later so you can see and let me know what you think. =]
    www.gyzra.com

Thank you. =]

Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Here's a collection of sketches that I made today. Basically I thought about what things I like about manga (large eyes and pointed simple noses and overall face structure), but then took it and gave it a bit more detail. I looked through my favourites on DA and thought about what kind of art I really like and tried to do my own version of it. So here are the sketches. =]
    The aim was to create a style that would look good in detailed backgrounds and with detailed clothing but still stay true to the manga/anime style as that's what I love to draw.

Name:	practice 3 copy.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	818.5 KB
ID:	77827Click image for larger version

Name:	practice 1.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	77828Click image for larger version

Name:	practice 2.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	77829
    www.gyzra.com

Thank you. =]

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

The facial collection is pretty cool. My favorite being on the 3rd page lower right corner

Although after following your comments. You're really pushing to justify your anime/manga style. Which is cool, everyone has their own style and preference. However when you keep trying to justify it past a certain point it just really comes off as more of a comfort zone type thing that you don't want to break out of. I know from experience that when you don't break out of your comfort-zone and you keep trying to justify your comfort-zone that you just don't improve and it's a stalemate because it just gets to a point of repetition. Honestly I think it's more beneficial to try a little bit of everything even if you suck at it. Try doing only environments, try doing weird abstract crap no one understands, classical, science fiction, realism, cartoon/comic. The more you try to learn by different means the more you can broaden your ways of approaching your own style where as it's your style, yet you have much more methods and ideas to pull from thus chopping out the potential of being repetitive in the long haul

That's just my few cents and opinions~

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Thanks, the geisha? Yeah she turned out all right. I think I'm slowly getting there but it still needs work.
    I do do other stuff, I have some of my realistics on the first page which I'm often commissioned for and below is an A2, acrylic painting I did a couple weeks ago.

Name:	swan 4.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	3.98 MB
ID:	77842Click image for larger version

Name:	swan 2.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	3.85 MB
ID:	77843Click image for larger version

Name:	swan 3.jpg
Size:	3.29 MB
ID:	77844
    I also have some abstract work which is basically splashes and wiggly coloured lines painted to the sound of musical pieces. They're supposed to match the mood and messages of the songs.
    And I copy a lot of different artists work like Disney, Studio Ghibli etc, but I don't usually show that off as its really just little sketches to practice and I don't like posting copies or things too similar to the originals, I prefer to show off my own characters.
    My first comment before was written at stupid o'clock in the morning and therefore was stupidly written -.-; that's why I went back on it and did some real thought about WHY I always come back to manga/anime and had a go at changing my style a bit based off of the comments above.
    I dunno how to explain it, I just love drawing manga so much. I know it sounds so much like I'm just defending myself =/ I don't mean it like that. All I'm trying to do is improve and fix the problems in my work, but I don't want to leave manga completely. Maybe one day I will, but right now it's where my heart is. Does that make any sense?
    And I never dismiss any comments given on here, I don't want anyone to think that. In fact I actually copy a lot of them onto my computer and keep them as references so I can keep going back and seeing if I've improved on what people have said.

TL;DR :I do other types of art, so I don't just stick to manga. But I prefer manga and would like to focus my efforts on improving it. P.S. Thank you for bothering to read my long replies. =]
    Last edited by Gyzra; 07-06-2013 at 07:00 PM.
    www.gyzra.com

Thank you. =]

Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Name:	13.jpg
Size:	678.7 KB
ID:	78027
    I thought you guys might be interested in seeing this. It's a photo of my manga in the real world. =]
    I'm so proud of this little book and the journey that it's been on, I've even sold some books in Germany! haha.
    I'm hoping to bring out book 2 at the end of this year. (It's a trilogy.)
    www.gyzra.com

Thank you. =]

13. Likes Bulf liked this post
    Senior Member Meroty has a reputation beyond repute Meroty has a reputation beyond repute Meroty has a reputation beyond repute Meroty has a reputation beyond repute Meroty has a reputation beyond repute Meroty has a reputation beyond repute Meroty has a reputation beyond repute Meroty has a reputation beyond repute Meroty has a reputation beyond repute Meroty has a reputation beyond repute Meroty has a reputation beyond repute Meroty's Avatar
    Cheerful
    Gifts Camera Dslr IPhone One Piece Flag
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Wow. You have amazing artworks. Your drawing of Johnny Depp is really great

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information