I mean I have watched NGE and just started watching this anime called Fafner in the Azure and its just ridiculous its like the creator got all his ideas right from watching NGE.

Basically like in NGE you have a place where the humans live like a city or town that these monsters keep attacking and trying to kill people. In Fafner they even materialize just like in NGE where there is a space distortion or something.

Then just like in NGE some kid is forced to pilot this Fafner when the town is being attacked by this monster that materialized and is floating in the air doing weird attacks.

Also just like in NGE one of the pilots dad is the boss of this protection facility and he is serious just like Gendo ikari.

The town even has huge moving blocks in it to protect it which is similar to the NGE Tokyo buildings moving underground for protection.

Not to Mention when they pilot these things they put their hand in a gel substance and become one with it. So instead of copying NGE completely here they made sure it was just the hand that went it.

Who else thinks this is ridiculous. I Mean NGE had a decent amount of original ideas in it but this Fafner in the Azure doesn't seem to have one idea in it that is original.