AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Defense tactics walking home

Senior Member T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Sushi2
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2016 10:43 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: Defense tactics walking home

Hmmm I dont 'walk home' much anymore, its a 40 mile drive (each way) to work for me. I do jog around home, but all the roads are 55mph the only ones that slow down when they go by me are being whats called courteous, not malicious.

I lived at a few shady places in college though, had many car break-ins and such, but I still jogged around and sometimes went out for a walk in the middle of the night. If I was just going for a walk I'd have my ham radio with me (my call sign is KC2EBM) and back then I had a big rectangular cop-looking one (HTX-202), an external mic on a long coiled cord went from the radio on my belt up to my shoulder. I'd wear a dickies work shirt and regular jeans, no one ever messed with me. In a real situation though, I'd run. back then I could do a 5k in 17 minutes.

I recommend being able to run. Being healthy and fit is not only good for you anyhow, but could save your life in something like that lol. I think they will go after easier targets and not marathoners...

Oh and a high powered flashlight is always a good thing to EDC (every day carry). Not only is it useful for illumination, but many have tactical strobes. Many now can fit in the palm of your hand and output several hundred lumens and have seizure inducing variable frequency strobes. Would do much at a distance but if your cornered behind a trash can in a dead end alley or something, at point blank range it might disorient an assailant briefly - enough maybe for you to evade and flee.

I hope no one here ever has to use any of these tactics, stay safe my friends.

~Tristan

Senior Member catie has a brilliant future catie has a brilliant future catie has a brilliant future catie has a brilliant future catie has a brilliant future catie has a brilliant future catie has a brilliant future catie has a brilliant future catie has a brilliant future catie has a brilliant future catie has a brilliant future catie's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Four Leaf Clover Ferrari 456 GT2 Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-16-2017 08:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I would do that. XD
    ""Don't be upset because of what you can't do. Do what you do best, live as carefree and optimistically as you can, because some people aren't able to do that."
    -Keima Katsuragi (The world God only knows)

Creative mind Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2013 01:49 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Oh that's easy, I'll just go into my bag and pull out my RPG and point it at the car.
    Not everything is black and white like that.

Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2014 06:26 AM
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yikes, this thread reminds me of something that happened to me at my summer job two years ago. During the summer I usually ride around (on a bike) handing out morning newspapers, which means that my working hours are (around) between about 2 am to 6 o'clock in the morning. One night as I rode around it was this old white van that went around on the streets, just driving here and there. Nothing strange or disturbing with that really (because I'm so used to working nights now after x number of years) but what was so bloody scary was that after a while it felt like this van was following me. Street up and street down that I went on while handing out the newspaper it always showed up on the street I just had finished and because of that my heartbeat increased more and more. The whole thing was not helped by that when I was on a different street than the car then suddenly I heard this young voice (which belonged to a guy) shouting out "Where did she go ?!!".

Attachment 56942

THEN, oh oh, THEN I freaked out! I rode in on a little side street and was ready to call the police, but then ended up never did that because I when looking around I could not see or hear the car anymore, so I headed out again and continued to hand out my newspapers; reassured that they probably had disappeared [Like "Haha! you probably noticed that I had discovered you!]. After a while I discovered that something was approaching me from behind and when I turned around so I discovered the car..

Attachment 56943

I froze and thought something like that "Now im screwed ... now I will get raped and dumped somewhere, probably killed". When the car drove up to the side of me, it stopped and the windshield was dropped down. One guy then peeked out and handed me a magazine and said "Hi! you dropped this."

Lol, then I just wanted to slap myself really hard in the face because I had overreacted as I had done. But honestly, the time considered one of the few times when I have been most scared in my entire life. I was convinced that something terrible would happen to me, turn to it now did not. But hey, I was this young woman alone in the streets in the middle of the night while hearing a guy from the van yelling something like that - I guess it was not
    that strange that I started to think those things and feeling the way I did.

Urk, never again!!
    Last edited by SuXrys; 01-21-2012 at 08:56 AM.

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie
    Season five of Game of Thrones
    New episodes of Downton Abbey

Senior Member Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Present Bomb Aquarius
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2014 05:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I don't live in a very dangerous area to have to worry. If someone's acting suspicious I just keep my guard up and try and make it home quickly.

If I do get attacked the hospital is down the street :3

ein, zwei, drei, vier bin endlich weg von Dir
    fünf, sechs, sieben, acht Du hast jetzt keine Macht

Senior Member illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Art Tools
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2013 04:03 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: iLLyNada

I know some Tae kwon Do and Judo in case someone threatens me, but hopefully I won't have to resort to using any of those.

Senior Member randomusername has a reputation beyond repute randomusername has a reputation beyond repute randomusername has a reputation beyond repute randomusername has a reputation beyond repute randomusername has a reputation beyond repute randomusername has a reputation beyond repute randomusername has a reputation beyond repute randomusername has a reputation beyond repute randomusername has a reputation beyond repute randomusername has a reputation beyond repute randomusername has a reputation beyond repute randomusername's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2012 01:59 PM
    Threads

Though I'm not in shape, I can run pretty fast so I would probably do that.

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

Simple: buy a knife.

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

Creative mind Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2013 01:49 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by illu View Post
    I know some Tae kwon Do and Judo in case someone threatens me, but hopefully I won't have to resort to using any of those.
    Being Asian multiplies the effect
    Not everything is black and white like that.

Senior Member illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu has a reputation beyond repute illu's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Art Tools
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2013 04:03 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: iLLyNada

Quote Originally Posted by Helvetica View Post
    Being Asian multiplies the effect
    Being 5'11'' also helps I suppose ^^

Closed Thread

Thread Information