AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Otomedius Excellent is now available in the US on Xbox 360!!!!!!!!

(COPPA) Users Awaiting Moderation Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555's Avatar
    Gil
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2012 10:00 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Otomedius Excellent is now available in the US on Xbox 360!!!!!!!!

Konami has had a history of spaceship flying side scrolling shooters. First we had games like Gradius and the parody of that called Parodius. In the same line of parody and humor as Parodius, Konami started a new series called Otomedius (a combination of the game title Gradius and the Japanese word "otome" which means a maiden, or some translations say a virgin). First game of the series was Otomedius, and was available on arcade systems in Japan. A port of that was released in Japan on Xbox 360 and called Otomedius G (a.k.a. Otomedius Gorgeous). Then the sequel Otomedius X (a.k.a. Otomedius Excellent) was released in Japan and rumors went around that it would be released in the US. If so, it would be the first of the Otomedius series to be released in the US. Now it has happened! I just checked up on the game and found it was released in the US on November 1 of this year.

Basically there's a bunch of teenage and preteen (not sure about ages, just guessing by appearance) anime girls flying around on space ships that are obvious knockoffs of ships from Konami's other games (such as the famous Gradius games). Unlike their original counterparts though, these aren't big enough for a cockpit, and in terms of appearance are more in line with a jet-pack or manned-maneuvering-unit (like what astronauts use) but with speed, maneuverability, and firepower more like a fighter jet or even a star-fighter (think of them as miniature versions of the Vic Viper and other star-fighters from Konami's games).

Here's the links to the this game's product pages on Amazon.com
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003WY86NE (normal edition)
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004ZGYZXS (special edition, comes with a 2 sided pillow case, an art book, and the game's soundtrack on CD)
    Not sure what kind of pillow case it is though. Is it a normal size one or a full "body pillow" size one? It would be awesome if it was a "body pillow" size pillow case, because such pillow cases as anime and video game memorabilia are usually the kinds of video game and anime memorabilia that's only available in Japan (though any size pillow case would still be awesome memorabilia, and it might be difficult to find a "body pillow" in the US to put such a larger pillow case on, as that size of pillow in itself seems to be an item that one would find being sold only in Japan).

Here's the intro video for the US version of the game.

Here's the E3 trailer for the US version of the game (LOL at the stars censoring the boobs in the trailer).

Here's the intro video for the Japanese version of the game.

Official US box art for the game (click to see full size image).

Official Japanese box art for the game (click to see full size image).

And for those who want to see how the Otomedius series started, here's the intro video for the original Japanese arcade game Otomedius.
    Last edited by Videogamer555; 12-13-2011 at 04:28 PM. Reason: added Amazon product page link for special edition of the game

(COPPA) Users Awaiting Moderation Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555's Avatar
    Gil
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Otomedius Excellent is now available in the US on Xbox 360!!!!!!!!

Wow! Even the special edition of this game is being sold in the US, and the US special edition is being packaged with memorabilia like you'd expect to find only in Japan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004ZGYZXS

Also I completely LOLed at this customer review of the game on Amazon.
    By far the best SHMUP with big boobs ever released in America on the Xbox! Really, it's awesome, if you like SMHUP's that are not too hard, and jiggly breasts. Did I mention the jiggly breasts? They are great. Also the soundtrack may even surpass the game in sheer incredible awesomeness. And if you can find three people to play, the game just gets more epic!
    Last edited by Videogamer555; 12-13-2011 at 04:34 PM. Reason: added customer review

3. Dislikes Ranshiin disliked this post
    Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You would so play this for the girls and not the gameplay.

5. Thanks Ranshiin thanked for this post
    Likes blueangel06661 liked this post
    Senior Member Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2013 10:29 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ein Nineteenth PSN ID: ein_nineteenth

Played it. Beat it. Cringe worthy, honestly.
    It's good for a gradius fix, but that's about it.

They changed so many Parodius Characters into lame villains , it hurts.
    One major thing though, the hit boxes are totally wonky in this game.
    Typically, the hit box should remain the same even with a Shield equipped, but this time ( I didn't play the older Otomoedius so I don't know if it was like this before) grab a shield and your hit box increases in size.

Terribly annoying especially in Score Attack mode when the game decides it's Progear and expects you to effortlessly navigate through a maze of barely visible bullets.

Still playing it until my next game from Gamefly arrives, so if someone's online I'll join them.

WARNING

POSTS BY NINETEENTH CONTAIN OFFENSIVE, DISPICIBLE, AND ABSURD CONTENT THAT IS TOO CONTROVERSIAL AND TOO AWESOME FOR ACTUAL MESSAGEBOARDS. KEEP NINETEENTH OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO NINETEENTH MAY CAUSE CANCER
    HEY LOOK I FINALLY UPDATED THIS AFTER 5 YEARS. DO NOT ASK ABOUT MY REP. YOU WERE NOT HERE WHEN DID THAT AND IT'S A LONG STORY.
    IF SWALLOWED CONTACT A MORTICIAN.

Gil
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Arrow Re: Otomedius Excellent is now available in the US on Xbox 360!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenth View Post
    Played it. Beat it. Cringe worthy, honestly.
    It's good for a gradius fix, but that's about it.

They changed so many Parodius Characters into lame villains , it hurts.
    One major thing though, the hit boxes are totally wonky in this game.
    Typically, the hit box should remain the same even with a Shield equipped, but this time ( I didn't play the older Otomoedius so I don't know if it was like this before) grab a shield and your hit box increases in size.

Terribly annoying especially in Score Attack mode when the game decides it's Progear and expects you to effortlessly navigate through a maze of barely visible bullets.

Still playing it until my next game from Gamefly arrives, so if someone's online I'll join them.
    I may be wrong, but since shield is meant to defend, then that means that the hit box is the defense box of the shield, meaning you get massive defense when it increases, right? So that's a good thing, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou+ View Post
    You would so play this for the girls and not the gameplay.
    As to my motive for wanting to play the game, it would depend on which edition I got. If I got it for gameplay alone I'd get the standard version. If I wanted it for the girls, I'd get the special edition because it claims to have a pillow case, and if it's the type of pillow case that I THINK that it is, then it's DEFINITELY meant to appeal to gamers who WILL play the game just for the girls.
    I haven't decided yet edition of the game I will get, or if I will even buy the game at all. I might just choose to NOT get it at all, because people seeing me play a game with lots of scantily clad anime girls might get the wrong idea about me, and think that I'm a pervert.
    Last edited by Videogamer555; 12-13-2011 at 10:55 PM.

8. Dislikes Ranshiin disliked this post
    Gil
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well now I know what kind of pillow case it is. It is an ordinary pillow case (so it will fit most pillows that most Americans already have). I found this picture online that shows the extras found in the Special Edition (a.k.a. the Collector's Edition). It has an art book, a CD with the game's soundtrack, and a 2 sided pillow case (that is it has a different picture on each side), which shows a closeup of the main heroine's head on one side, and a group picture of several of the main characters on the other side.

Click the thumbnail to see the full size picture.
    Last edited by Videogamer555; 12-15-2011 at 05:40 AM.

Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 American Flag Ribbon AK47
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2016 03:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Light Buster PSN ID: Lightbuster88

Oh I would love to play this game...

BUT I'M STUCK WITH MY OTHER STUFF LIKE MW3 AND COLLEGE STUFF TO EVEN REALIZE THAT THIS IS EVEN HERE!!!!

Ahem, okay, made my point...
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

11. Thanks Ranshiin thanked for this post
    Gil
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Light Buster View Post
    Oh I would love to play this game...

BUT I'M STUCK WITH MY OTHER STUFF LIKE MW3 AND COLLEGE STUFF TO EVEN REALIZE THAT THIS IS EVEN HERE!!!!

Ahem, okay, made my point...

MW3 is just a game, and doesn't help to make your point.
    College is something I'm doing to. I just find time to post here between assignments and homework and papers.

13. Dislikes Ranshiin disliked this post
    how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamer555 View Post
    MW3 is just a game, and doesn't help to make your point.
    College is something I'm doing to. I just find time to post here between assignments and homework and papers.
    Otomedius Excellent is just a game, and doesn't help to make your point.

Also, I would without hesitation play MW3 rather than this game. Would have thought the complete and utter lack of interest in the thread and/or game by anyone other than -ahem- yourself would have suggested that you should just not post anything else.

Run along now, little kiddy.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

15. Thanks Light Buster, Token Black Guy thanked for this post
    Likes blueangel06661, Light Buster liked this post
  16. 12-16-2011 12:23 PM
    This post has been down-ranked. Click "View Post" to view it.

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I don't see a single ounce of EPIC WIN in that screenshot whatsoever. I presume your definition of EPIC WIN is completely polar opposite to the actual definition of EPIC WIN.

Such as below, which is in fact EPIC WIN, and it's a shame that despite my best efforts I was unable to obtain it.

http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpr...tors_thumb.jpg
    Last edited by Ranshiin; 12-16-2011 at 12:42 PM.

Gil
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin View Post
    I don't see a single ounce of EPIC WIN in that screenshot whatsoever. I presume your definition of EPIC WIN is completely polar opposite to the actual definition of EPIC WIN.

Such as below, which is in fact EPIC WIN, and it's a shame that despite my best efforts I was unable to obtain it.

http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpr...tors_thumb.jpg

You got two things wrong:

1) it wasn't a screenshot, but rather a photo of the items that come with the package of the special edition.

2) Why would I care about a hedgehog, when the game I mentioned has anime girls in skimpy outfits?

19. Dislikes Light Buster, Ranshiin disliked this post
    Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

1) it wasn't a screenshot, but rather a photo of the items that come with the package of the special edition.

2) Why would I care about a hedgehog, when the game I mentioned has anime girls in skimpy outfits?
    1) Who are you, my mother?

2) Why should I care about anime girls in skimpy outfits, when the game I mentioned has a hedgehog?

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

So Videogamer, do you play King of Fighters XIII?

Gil
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou+ View Post
    So Videogamer, do you play King of Fighters XIII?
    Last I heard was they had KoF99. And no, I never played any of the KoF games.

Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 American Flag Ribbon AK47
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2016 03:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Light Buster PSN ID: Lightbuster88

Really?...I mean, really? REALLY? What, you have a fetish for anime girls or something? You honestly need to get a life.

Last I heard was they had KoF99. And no, I never played any of the KoF games.
    You are so far behind, there's KoFXIII already.
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

Gil
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Light Buster View Post
    Really?...I mean, really? REALLY? What, you have a fetish for anime girls or something? You honestly need to get a life.

Why do you think a lot of anime girls have big boobs and wear skimpy clothing? It's because guys watching it get turned on by that, so it's a selling point of the anime. That's how anime companies keep getting customers. Guys often watch anime to get turned on by the female characters in the anime. It's as simple as that. If there's not enough shooting and explosions with lasers and magic and mechs to keep guys interested interested, the anime will usually have scantily clad and big breasted females to make sure that guys don't stop being customers and stop buying episodes. It's all marketing to make money for the anime companies.
    Oh, and they wouldn't do it if it didn't work. And they do it, which is proof it does work. And it works because GUYS LIKE LOOKING AT HOT ANIME GIRLS! So I am NOT UNUSUAL in liking hot anime girls. NUFF SAID!!!!!

25. Dislikes Ranshiin disliked this post
    Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Light Buster just successfully trolled the perverted weaboo into admitting he's a perverted weaboo.

For the record, here's a list of some of my favorite animes, not in any particular order.

Outlaw Star
    Legendz
    Dragon Drive
    Samurai Champloo
    One Piece
    Trigun
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
    Soul Eater

Now, I wonder how many of those have plots based solely around girls with big boobs and skimpy clothing? Also, I wonder how many of those I watched for girls with big boobs and skimpy clothing?

The simple answer, in moron terms, is zero because not all people who watch anime are perverted basement-dwelling kids who have nothing better to do with their time than fap to cartoons. The majority if not all people I know who watch anime, watch anime for the exact opposite.

In other words, you just failed hard, and thank you for your time.

27. Thanks Token Black Guy thanked for this post
    Likes Light Buster, blueangel06661 liked this post
    The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

If looking at this picture doesn't convince you that this is a game full of EPIC WIN, then I feel sorry for you.

Click the thumbnail to see the full size picture.
    Are you saying that a game is epic win because it comes with a pillow case?!?!?!! homfg I HAZ TO HAVE IT NOW

---
    Wow.... they got you there.. drew you in with unnecessary stuff.

Thank goodness he doesn't play anything I play.. I'd have to burn that crap..

p.s. you are very unusual in liking hot anime girls..... Most people don't go to your extremes.. And if they do they are looked down upon in society....

I don't watch anime because of girls with big boobs..
    Last edited by blueangel06661; 12-22-2011 at 12:41 PM.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

29. Likes Light Buster, Ranshiin liked this post
    Straight Outta Motown! Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Paint Palette Mic Sunglasses
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2014 02:35 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sleepy_Ninja313

Man that is whack!

Token Black Guy

31. Thanks Light Buster thanked for this post
    Likes Light Buster, blueangel06661 liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information