AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: "Puppy" love VS. "Real" love

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Default "Puppy" love VS. "Real" love

Is there a way a person can identify one from the other? In your point of view, how do you differentiate them? How do you tackle them? Is one really better than the other? Help the ever-clueless me get the idea~ >-<'

Senior Member solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor's Avatar
    Apprehensive
    Gifts Art Tools Hedgehog Telescope
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-24-2014 05:48 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Between the dreaming, and the coming true
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default oh man

I may not be the best source for information on the subject but I'll give it a shot.

Puppy love is a 1 way feeling in a 2 party system. You imprint yourself onto a particular person, wag your tail, rollover, all those cute little things....but that person doesn't really care. Doesn't mean that they may not like you as a friend.

"True" love doesn't come and go, here today then gone tomorrow. Doesn't speak a wicked word that breaks the heart in 2. Doesn't mean negotiate from what it knows is true. It doesn't give up...and it doesn't give in.

Its interesting reading all the different opinions on what "true" love is.

I always thought that true love doesn't hurt you, doesn't make you feel bad or cry for any reason. That no matter what you do, it will forgive you. Tell you that "its ok" when you screw up, and never abandons you...and always reaches out to you even when you don't want it to. Its forever constant, never hiding...always there to pick you up when we fall. Love is not proud, it doesn't boast. Love does not run. It doesn't keep what's locked inside and it NEVER fails you. It provides for you, will endure till the end of time, and will always believe in you when you don't, and it will never fail you.

It is "unconditional"...and you will know it when it hits you right between the eyes.

Think about it, there really is no place in this universe where we can't go...alone.
    Last edited by solidarmor; 11-16-2011 at 11:51 PM.

3. Likes Loxaerion liked this post
    Senior Member Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Gifts EVE Heart Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2012 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: "Puppy" love VS. "Real" love

puppy love is when you adore someone.. you get all mushy when you see him/her but it doesn't real matter if you two are together or not...
    he just inspires you....

real love --> you stick with someone even if you don't need him/her at all...
    his/her presence is enough for you...

i guess....
    haven't experienced both simultaneously....

~Howl's Mistress Evil Twin from the Other Side here to save her from further humiliation...

avenge me!..
    kill kill kill

sig by .Elmer

Senior Member Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Gifts Cake Spinning Beach Ball Doom Baka
    Mentioned
    375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2016 06:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

This is my interpretation of pup love and real love. Mind you I've never fell in love, so I lack the experience.

Puppy love is a sentiment that makes a person obsess and feel excited upon thinking of the lover. I also think this is the feeling we feel when we first begin a relationship with somebody. It's that bubbly feeling you get when you think or are present with this person. It can also cause us to become blind.

Real love is something you experience through time. It is a feeling of trust and care between two people. Real love is rare, most people go through puppy love and eventually it may fall into real love. However this does not happen at all times.

Hope this helps.

"I will make Hiyori the happiest girl in this world..."

Nice Boat Captain Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Strawberry Nunchaku Blue Saber
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2021 05:03 AM
    The Hellish Death Realms where demons dwell (a.k.a. Planet Earth)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I think puppy love is just infatuation and happens more often when people are younger and less mature. It's like a middle or high school crush. Real love is when you two are at the highest level of trust, and are soul mates. You complete each other. Somehow, I always get the idea that lust is involved when you really love each other, and the relationship is well developed :P I don't think there's any denying that sex will be involved later on lol.

Oh, Hi-deeki, imagine... your kind not eating raw fish! ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE38SKRT4ak

7. Thanks Meenah thanked for this post
    Likes animeyay, blueangel06661 liked this post
    Senior Member Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym's Avatar
    Gil
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-27-2012 11:10 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: pieRESURRECTED

i always thought that puppy love was simply true love, for those that don't know what true love is.

like when some 16(or younger) year old girl is like "i'm only sleeping with him because we are in love".......THAT"S puppy love.
    "If you talk to God, you are praying. If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia."

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Puppy love is typically hormones. It's when you love someone based on how they look/how cool or popular they seem and you typically continue to date them even though they drag you through the mud and usually some sex is involved. You're all about taking photo's to show to the world. your significant other is more like a trophy than anything. And you SWEAR you love each other even though you've only been dating like a few weeks. You take 10235 hours to get ready to see them in fears they'll be disgusted at your normal self..

True love is something that grows. It's a much more calm feeling. Rarely any arguments and you just live your normal life but you have someone to cherish. You don't need to promote the fact that you love them to the public every few minutes. Usually last a long time. They may not always be the prettiest crayon in the box but they're the right one for you and you know it when you feel relaxed around them. Don't mind meeting them with a messy do and the same outfit you wore yesterday cause you know they won't judge

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

10. Likes Loxaerion, *Tsuki* liked this post
    Senior Member solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor's Avatar
    Apprehensive
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Read above ^
    Last edited by solidarmor; 11-16-2011 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Posted up in original post.

Senior Member .Miki~ has a reputation beyond repute .Miki~ has a reputation beyond repute .Miki~ has a reputation beyond repute .Miki~ has a reputation beyond repute .Miki~ has a reputation beyond repute .Miki~ has a reputation beyond repute .Miki~ has a reputation beyond repute .Miki~ has a reputation beyond repute .Miki~ has a reputation beyond repute .Miki~ has a reputation beyond repute .Miki~ has a reputation beyond repute .Miki~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts 151 - Mew 035 - Clefairy Strawberry
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2013 01:37 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Puppy love is young love. You are dating for a few weeks and you are instantly "perfect" for each other. Most of the relationship consists of physical aspects and such. Most of these relationships don't last very long, but sometimes they do.

True love... You can be a lover and a best friend. It sounds cliche, doesn't it? But it is basically what it is. You not only see them as the "apple of your eye" but the person you want to play video games with and tell everything to. You love them, and it hurts more than anything to ever think that you will lose them. Physical relations aren't a big factor in the relationship. The love you share for eachother is mutual and your feelings for each other grow with each waking second. You can go without talking to them for a week and know that they are yours forever. You trust them completely and know they will never cheat on you. When you argue you both feel awful, but arguments help a relationship grow. You can tell eachother anything. The feelings you have for each other grew from nothing into something pure and amazing. They don't care what you look like. You love eachother for who they are. You can see yourselves being together for the rest of your lives.

If I repeated anything, sorry, lol I am currently feeling very sick
    Last edited by .Miki~; 11-16-2011 at 12:43 PM.

You're like an angel from a picture book...

13. Likes blueangel06661 liked this post
    つき *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 001 - Bulbasaur Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2021 04:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Puppy Love
    Noun:
    Google says: "An intense but relatively shallow romantic attachment, typically associated with adolescents."
    Urban Dictionary says: "1) The love between a young couple within a few weeks of getting together. Not really true love, more blind affection - immature, young love."
    Synonyms: calf love

True love
    Noun
    Google says: "an old-fashioned sentiment."
    Some Christian site takes: “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.” —I Corinthians 13:4-8a (NIV)"
    Urban Dictionary says: "Love. Love is the greatest gift God ever gave man. Love is not wanting to go anywhere without her. Love is not caring what other people think about the two of you. Love is when you feel depressed and sickly when you're not with her. You feel like your life has no meaning or purpose without her. And that if she wasn't holding your hand you would float away to heaven from where she came. Love is caring for her physically and emotionally. It's telling her everyday, anytime, anywhere, anyhow, for no just reason that you love her. Love is telling her u want to spend the rest of your life with her. Love is wanting to marry her even tho ya'll haven't been dating that long. That you would do anything and everything for her. It's the feeling that you would give up everything just to see her smile or look into her beautiful eyes or hear her soft, soothing voice. Love is pure happiness. Love is the feeling you get when all you have to do is think of her and it brings a smile to your face and a yourning to your heart. Love is not being able to think about nething but her. Love is having the sweetest dreams about her and waking up with a smile on ur face. Love is an overwelming feeling of pure bliss when the 2 of u kiss. Love is wanting to hold her in ur arms till the end of time. Love is wishing ur time with her never ends, that your lips would be locked together forever, that she'd be in ur arms till the end of time, that u could cuddle with her for all of eternity. Love is being held."
    Synonyms
    True: accurate, actual, appropriate, authentic, authoritative, correct, dependable, direct, exact, factual, fitting, genuine, honest, indubitable, lawful, legal, legitimate, natural, on target, perfect, precise, proper, pure, regular, right, rightful, sincere, straight, sure-enough, trustworthy, truthful, typical, undeniable, undesigning, undoubted, unerring, unfaked, unfeigned, unquestionable, veracious, veridical, veritable
    Love: admire, adulate, be attached to, be captivated by, be crazy about, be enamored of, be enchanted by, be fascinated with, be fond of, be in love with, canonize, care for, cherish, choose, deify, delight in, dote on, esteem, exalt, fall for, fancy, glorify, go for, gone on, have affection for, have it bad, hold dear, hold high, idolize, long for, lose one's heart to, prefer, prize, put on pedestal, think the world of, thrive with, treasure, venerate, wild for

What I say:
    Puppy love: Yahoo!
    True Love: Google

jk

I guess . . . puppy love is what's associated with being a child. It's a love that's merely on the surface. A person may say they love someone, but they don't know anything about the person. They haven't taken the time (or know how) to get to know the person on a deeper level. They may touch a lot more because they don't know how to keep conversation, talk to each other just when they see each other in real life, etc.

Where as with true love, you've taken the time to get to know the person and you can even go so far as to predict what they'll do or say in certain situations. You don't need to fill quietness with empty chitchat or touching; you can just enjoy the other's company. It's understanding sacrifice in a relationship and be willing to constantly work to make a relationship grow. You want to talk to the person when they're not around, and when you do talk it's not just about the weather. You understand the person and, suddenly, you care for them much more than you thought possible when you first met. It doesn't matter what they look like, or how they appear to other people, you're attracted to who they are as a person.

I don't expect anyone to read the above. I didn't.
    Last edited by *Tsuki*; 11-17-2011 at 01:11 AM.

15. Likes Meenah liked this post
    Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2016 06:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

How I would interpret puppy love is by my own experience with it. Like I admire a person, care for them, and I would think I like them. So, I want to know a person a little more and feel like I am in love with the person. Perhaps a couple of weeks or so, it's all over. For me puppy love is a feeling I describe most as: I like you, but I thought I did but I don't necessarily love you. Whereas true love, deep inside you feel like a completely different person. Whenever you see that person you heart beats so fast and real slow at the same time. That person you're in love with is always on your mind, you will always be kind, never jealous, and you feel like that moment you are with that certain someone the world has stopped. You don't pretend with someone you love, you're able to share troubles, secrets, happiness, and grief. There is respect and trust for the two; usually true love is everlasting, true love is genuinely special. I need to wake up my fiance with a sweet phone call telling him I love him so much now. heh

17. Likes marvelangga liked this post
    Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Oh dear. I'm not sure about this one...

I guess puppy love would be that "shallow" love one has when they are young, a teenager, or even a nutty adult following someone who doesn't care about them (I'm talking about you, "Team Edward" fangirls). You meet somebody and you realize that you read the same books, listen to the same music, and use the same inverted controls on Xbox Live; this person must be your soul mate! What else could love be? You go to Starbucks, the mall, the arcade at Putt-Putt. But there is no real connection between the two of you. You certainly care for each other (probably as if the entire world is trying to stop your "love"), but all of that following around and "lovin'" doesn't get you beyond this:

As for true love...I'm not sure how to describe it (what it is or what it feels like). Not because I can't put it into words, but because I simply haven't felt it. I've had serious relationships before, but I am not sure if I would call that "love", let alone "true love" (and I have had more relationships that were strictly physical than "serious", so that further skews my opinion on the matter).

I will assume that, despite how many times the phrase "true love" is used in the movie, Shrek is not the best example of it.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Apprehensive
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90:2623871
    Oh dear. I'm not sure about this one...
    But, with you wouldn't it still be "puppy" love, regardless? arrwooooooo!

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You'll have to excuse the over-simplification, i'm on my phone and thus cannot type a huge amount.
    Real love: care and concern for one's well being, consideration, empathy, realistic goals for the relationship
    Puppy love: Omg i love you soooo much, lets get married and have a 67 kids and 6 cats and 3 dogs and we will live in a mansion with maids and a pony

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Quote Originally Posted by solidarmor View Post
    But, with you wouldn't it still be "puppy" love, regardless? arrwooooooo!
    This is true. Of course, it would be "wolf love" and I wouldn't know how to describe that either....

...Without creeping people out. It would probably be very naughty without any actual "love" involved.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Apprehensive
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    This is true. Of course, it would be "wolf love" and I wouldn't know how to describe that either....

...Without creeping people out. It would probably be very naughty without any actual "love" involved.
    I'm on my way....
    It's always in the last place you'd think of looking!

Closed Thread

Thread Information